Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

BLUKIC AND DRIBA GO TO MR. SMOOTHY'S SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:Wow, this was quite possibly, in my opinion, the worst episode of the Ben 10 franchise ...ever.

It was clear from the get-go that the plot wasn't going to be important so I let my guard down on that, but it didn't even work as a zany comedy adventure either. Blukic and Driba do not work as foreground characters at all, the attempted comedy just doesn't come off as funny at all, especially with their voices.

I'm at a loss at what Ben 10 has become... I mean, what the hell was up with the squirrel wearing the goggles? That would NEVER have happened in the OS or UAF. This may seem like a irrelevant argument, since Omniverse is meant to be all-new, but come on... this is too much attempted comedy too soon.
And don't even get me started on the elephant guy ...

Everything was just terrible. No redeeming factor at all.

yes this whit Fools Gold,Ben 4 good buddy and mother of all Vreedle go to be the worst episodes in the whole franchise.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
You people must hate happiness.

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
[quote="Lodestar's Advocate"][quote="Ursalink"]
+ Honestly, Way Big's design was "Way Better" back in "Ultimate Alien" and "Alien Force".

This opinion is bad, and you should feel bad for having it.

[quote]

Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
datdude wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:. But that was almost definitely intended.

It's not funny either.
If you say so.

After all, your opinion is the only relevant one. To everybody.
Uhhh datdude was giving his opinion, your making sound like his dislike of the episode was like an attack on you/the show or something. no need to belittle his opinion just because you disagree


Lodestar's Advocate wrote:You people must hate happiness.
wow, and you must hate any ov criticism, I mean is it that hard to believe some people who watch/like the show(well any show for that matter) won't like/love every episode???

79 And I do mean literally. on 18th December 2012, 4:23 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
You must not be aware of the fact that literally everything I say is 70% facetious.

I don't actually much care about other people's opinions, good or bad. This is the internet, and I am not an idiot.

And also, you must hate happiness.

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:You must not be aware of the fact that literally everything I say is 70% facetious.

I don't actually much care about other people's opinions, good or bad. This is the internet, and I am not an idiot.

And also, you must hate happiness.
uhhh I didn't comment on the episode or say you were an idiot, still belittling a person's opinion on a free forum is a little cheap don't you think, and if you don't care about others opinions, why are you here??

Being so called facetious makes you appear pretty mean especially if it doesn't always register as sarcasm, just because this is the internet doesn't mean we shouldn't have manners

81 In which I explain myself. on 18th December 2012, 4:51 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
mace23 wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:You must not be aware of the fact that literally everything I say is 70% facetious.

I don't actually much care about other people's opinions, good or bad. This is the internet, and I am not an idiot.

And also, you must hate happiness.
uhhh I didn't comment on the episode or say you were an idiot, still belittling a person's opinion on a free forum is a little cheap don't you think, and if you don't care about others opinions, why are you here??

Being so called facetious makes you appear pretty mean especially if it doesn't always register as sarcasm, just because this is the internet doesn't mean we shouldn't have manners

I never said that you did.
And honestly, being curt is the farthest thing from my mind. Not that I don't care about being respectful, but I reserve dignity for people who show it. And, when I raise questions or points, the two individuals whose posts I responded to, and which you quoted, have historically provided either lackluster or no refutations whatsoever. It gets tiring, and I stop caring.

And you said that I must hate any Omniverse complaint--which is far from the truth. There are many things that I think could be better.

But most of the complaints leveled at Omniverse are in the format of "I hate x because it's not y, even though it was never meant to be y, and expecting y is unreasonable," as opposed to "I dislike some aspects of x because it does xy as opposed to xz, which is a reasonable alternative." They're, frankly, junk complaints and frankly I couldn't care else about them.

And while I suppose I could make my frivolity more apparent, I feel like I have been a part of this community for long enough (4 months at least, and over 2 years in other Ben 10 fan communities) to make that clear. Also, a lot of the things I say are stupid (Like the "Your opinion is bad" thing) so taking them seriously would be, frankly, pretty dumb.

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
datdude wrote: the taking elephant man

Okay, I don't actually care about most of the stuff you said, but really:
You say that as if Trombipulor wasn't actually a UA character.


Also painlee, I don't understand, what exactly is your issue with extra eyes, body spikes and awesome feet?






[/quote]his extra eyes never looked like eye they looks like pinples,the extra spikes are really unnecessary and his OS feet look awful.

even if i don't like his OV design,i am just glad he doent look like a clown like the OS.

Kariachi

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Ya know, you have to love how much like clockwork this fandom runs. The episode airs, we get discussion of how awesome it was, things die down for about a day, then around late sunday/early monday the people that thought it was shit come out of the woodwork, later that day the people who thought it was fine show up and start commenting and replying to the people that thought it was shit, at which point we end up with Lodestar's Advocate and mace23's discussion in some form or another, which escalates until either a mod comes in, both sides say the hedge with it, or the next episode airs.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Sure it gets old, but hey, at least we're regular. Rolling Eyes Laughing

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
Kariachi wrote:Ya know, you have to love how much like clockwork this fandom runs. The episode airs, we get discussion of how awesome it was, things die down for about a day, then around late sunday/early monday the people that thought it was shit come out of the woodwork, later that day the people who thought it was fine show up and start commenting and replying to the people that thought it was shit,
Makes sense not everyone can watch it on Saturday mornings, some people wait till it's online

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
mace23 wrote:
Kariachi wrote:Ya know, you have to love how much like clockwork this fandom runs. The episode airs, we get discussion of how awesome it was, things die down for about a day, then around late sunday/early monday the people that thought it was shit come out of the woodwork, later that day the people who thought it was fine show up and start commenting and replying to the people that thought it was shit,
Makes sense not everyone can watch it on Saturday mornings, some people wait till it's online

It's mostly up within a couple of hours or so, and it's on Ben 10 center just a few hours later, every episode is up before Sunday now that there's enough interest for the show.

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:
mace23 wrote:
Kariachi wrote:Ya know, you have to love how much like clockwork this fandom runs. The episode airs, we get discussion of how awesome it was, things die down for about a day, then around late sunday/early monday the people that thought it was shit come out of the woodwork, later that day the people who thought it was fine show up and start commenting and replying to the people that thought it was shit,
Makes sense not everyone can watch it on Saturday mornings, some people wait till it's online

It's mostly up within a couple of hours or so, and it's on Ben 10 center just a few hours later, every episode is up before Sunday now that there's enough interest for the show.
it also depends if you don't have other commitments on the weekend

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
I don't think a mod has ever had to step in.
We're fairly civil.

This ain't dA.

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:I don't think a mod has ver had to step in.
We're fairly civil.

This ain't dA.

Not on this one. It happened at least once on the old one.


_________________
http://shrek.com

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Kariachi wrote:Ya know, you have to love how much like clockwork this fandom runs. The episode airs, we get discussion of how awesome it was, things die down for about a day, then around late sunday/early monday the people that thought it was shit come out of the woodwork, later that day the people who thought it was fine show up and start commenting and replying to the people that thought it was shit, at which point we end up with Lodestar's Advocate and mace23's discussion in some form or another, which escalates until either a mod comes in, both sides say the hedge with it, or the next episode airs.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Sure it gets old, but hey, at least we're regular. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Aaaa E-drama at the very least its always there if you want it lol.


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:I don't think a mod has ver had to step in.
We're fairly civil.

This ain't dA.

Not on this one. It happened at least once on the old one.

I wouldn't know. Anyway, Kariachi was talking about the discussions between mace and me.

Kariachi

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:I don't think a mod has ver had to step in.
We're fairly civil.

This ain't dA.

Not on this one. It happened at least once on the old one.

I wouldn't know. Anyway, Kariachi was talking about the discussions between mace and me.

Actually, I was talking about episode discussions within the fandom itself, you guys just happened to be the nearest example at the time. I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't intended as a jab at you guys, just a comment on a pattern within the fandom.

bblast616

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
The episode was kind of meh. I didn't really care about Blukic and Driba enough to want to see a whole episode about them trying to get a smoothy, they needed some more character development first. It's not fresh in my mind now but I remember this episode being funny, the chipmunk thing especially. The highlight was Way Big's rebirth. He no longer looks like a "transvestite clown" (if you know who was the user that used this description in a post a while ago which made me laugh please tell me) because he looks just as if not mightier than his original appearance. I love his vaguely asian accent.
However, I do not care for Trombipulor. It bugs me sooooo much when filler villains suddenly become an unstoppable force. This is the trouble with the series, I never buy it when Ben is in danger because we all know that he has dozens of ways to get out of a given situation. I've decided this is because Ben is not limited to one alien per hero-time like he was in the OS. In the OS, Ben got Stinkfly, he'd have to fight as Stinkfly. There was no switching to Fourarms if the situation as too tough.

But I'm excited to see Ben and Rook as kids! And I hear that we're getting an episode about Rook's family! w00t w00t


_________________
Ben 10 fans UNIIIIIIIITE

GagaFan

avatar
Human
Human
DERRICK WYATT SAY THIS IS ONE OF HIS FAVE EPISODES OF OMNIVERSE!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?

OH GOD HELP THIS SHOW IF THE MAKES THINK THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE SERIPOUSLY AM SO TICKED OFF AT OMNIVERSES. Evil or Very Mad

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
GagaFan wrote:DERRICK WYATT SAY THIS IS ONE OF HIS FAVE EPISODES OF OMNIVERSE!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?

OH GOD HELP THIS SHOW IF THE MAKES THINK THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE SERIPOUSLY AM SO TICKED OFF AT OMNIVERSES. Evil or Very Mad

I'm with you in sentiment but please loose the caps lock.


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
GagaFan wrote:DERRICK WYATT SAY THIS IS ONE OF HIS FAVE EPISODES OF OMNIVERSE!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?

OH GOD HELP THIS SHOW IF THE MAKES THINK THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE SERIPOUSLY AM SO TICKED OFF AT OMNIVERSES. Evil or Very Mad

Except for the fact that this episode is the best.

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
GagaFan wrote:DERRICK WYATT SAY THIS IS ONE OF HIS FAVE EPISODES OF OMNIVERSE!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?

OH GOD HELP THIS SHOW IF THE MAKES THINK THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE SERIPOUSLY AM SO TICKED OFF AT OMNIVERSES. Evil or Very Mad

Except for the fact that this episode is the best.

opinion  
o·pin·ion [uh-pin-yuh n] Show IPA
noun
1.
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

fact  
fact [fakt] Show IPA
noun
1.
something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
2.
something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
3.
a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
GagaFan wrote:DERRICK WYATT SAY THIS IS ONE OF HIS FAVE EPISODES OF OMNIVERSE!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?

OH GOD HELP THIS SHOW IF THE MAKES THINK THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE SERIPOUSLY AM SO TICKED OFF AT OMNIVERSES. Evil or Very Mad

Except for the fact that this episode is the best.

I concur. If this is one of Ferrick's favorites then he has remarkably good taste.


_________________
http://shrek.com

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I just can't process how anyone could possibly like this episode... like seriously can someone explain to me what they liked about it?

I understand that Omniverse has been 'dumbed down' to re-capture the younger target audience that the OS had again, but this was just borderline crap. IMO.

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
The episode was hilarious. It had a good set of aliens, an awesome plot, and a focus on (imo) two of the best characters to ever be on Ben 10.


_________________
http://shrek.com

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lukey wrote:I just can't process how anyone could possibly like this episode... like seriously can someone explain to me what they liked about it?

I understand that Omniverse has been 'dumbed down' to re-capture the younger target audience that the OS had again, but this was just borderline crap. IMO.



Definatly the weakest episode so far.e


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum