101 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 25th March 2013, 7:27 pm

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
painlee wrote:
Kariachi wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:
Kariachi wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:I wonder...when Kai will eventually appear as a teenager, it's possible she might end up being awesome. She could even apologize for how she acted to Ben.

In any case, Derrick said it's stupid for Ben to end up marrying the girl he was with at 15...BUT MARRYING HIS CHILDHOOD CRUSH THAT WAS A B**** TO HIM ISN'T STUPID?! Neutral

What he said was that teen romances don't normally work out. And we can't really comment on the Kai matter just yet, I mean, look how much Kevin changed in the intervening years. He had a crush on her, she was a brat, he moved on, hopefully she's grown since then.

I honestly don't know anything about this girl(never got into the original series), but this could be handled well and without ignoring the 'teen romances don't last' deal. All that would have to happen is them simply being friends during Omniverse. Given we've got decades in-show before Ben 10k era, there's time.

Ken had his 10th birthday when Ben was 42. That means Ben will marry her at 32 at latest. Decades indeed.

Possibly not even then. We know she married him, we know she's Ken's mother, but times are changing.

Of course they probably married a few years before Ken came along, but hey, who are we to judge.
that future was never meant to be the future,the enchanted version of that episode stated via a pop up that was a possible future.

True, but right now it's looking like our best bet.

And even if it's just a possible future, that doesn't mean we can't discuss it.

102 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 25th March 2013, 8:39 pm

Tsaklas

Plumber
Plumber
Guys, stop fighting over the break up , maybe Ben finds a better love interest in the future

http://www.icarlynewsandepisodes.blogspot.com

103 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 25th March 2013, 10:44 pm

Hawkeye & Hulk

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Wow. You are sounding like literally the worst kind of fan right now.

So because Ben is a superhero, he can do whatever the hell he wants. Julie should consider herself lucky he even deigned look at her, because he has millions of choices who care for him only because of his status. She had no right to complain about him being a bad boyfriend, because he's Ben freakin' 10, the bitch should know her place. He has no time for her, and she should accept it, because the guy just has better crap to do.

This rationale disgusts me and so do you.
I never said that. i just said that she complained too much. He is a busy guy, saving the world and all. He stuck with her complaint after complaint. Eunice and Ester are way better choices for him. Mary Jane, Gwen Stacey, Lois Lane, Padme Amidala, etc... never complained that much to there hero bf's and they have gone months at a time without seeing each other. How do I disgust you? I am stating an opinion.

It's a bad opinion. Any person in a relationship has the right to be satisfied by it, and if their partner is being insufferable and unapologetic about being awful, they have the right to complain about that. When you ask your boyfriend "Do you think everything is about you?" and he answers "Yep," he is a terrible boyfriend. He's busy sometimes, and other times he's just being kind of an ass. Either way, if he knows that his career does not allow him to be in a serious relationship, as a good partner, he should have ended the relationship instead of leading her on and hurting her even more. He did not, because he's inexperienced and kind of dumb. But that is not her fault.
Our opinions obviouslly differ. (Maybe its because I'm male and your female) But either way, agree to disagree.

104 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 25th March 2013, 10:50 pm

Hawkeye & Hulk

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Kariachi wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote: I'm not saying that because he is a celebrity she is lucky. He is an overall good guy who makes the tough descisions, does the right thing, and always comes out on top. Ben is no Charlie Sheen or Tiger Woods.

Agreed. In cases like this you may want to be careful with your words. The fact that you kept talking about how beloved he is and how he could have anyone gave the impression you felt that his status should be enough for her.

Honestly, I can only think of one time Julie complained that I wasn't at least partially on her side off the top of my head(gods but the cult incident...), so if you could list some of what you saw as problem scenes?

Ben is a good guy, and a true hero, but he's also oblivious, has some pride issues, and is still at that age and experience level where he hasn't really figured out how to effectively handle a relationship. It doesn't make him a bad person, just inexperienced. Hopefully he can learn from this break-up and put this new experience to work in his next relationship.
I can think of quite a few times, in the episode that they played miniature golf, her entire behavior in "Eye of the Beholder", etc.... I just get a bad vibe from Julie, I always have. She seems mood swingy like she is constanly on you know what. Half of the time she is really bland and boring. Ben has risked his life for her on a number of times and she does not care. Maybe I hate her because I've always been a...whats the word....Beunice? Eunen? Ben + Eunice. If Ben is not with Eunice,he should be with Ester. Even before Eunice and Ester appeared I did not like her. Anyway, its my opinion.

105 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 25th March 2013, 11:34 pm

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
Our opinions obviouslly differ. (Maybe its because I'm male and your female) But either way, agree to disagree.

Lodestar's Advocate is a guy.

106 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 25th March 2013, 11:39 pm

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
Kariachi wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote: I'm not saying that because he is a celebrity she is lucky. He is an overall good guy who makes the tough descisions, does the right thing, and always comes out on top. Ben is no Charlie Sheen or Tiger Woods.

Agreed. In cases like this you may want to be careful with your words. The fact that you kept talking about how beloved he is and how he could have anyone gave the impression you felt that his status should be enough for her.

Honestly, I can only think of one time Julie complained that I wasn't at least partially on her side off the top of my head(gods but the cult incident...), so if you could list some of what you saw as problem scenes?

Ben is a good guy, and a true hero, but he's also oblivious, has some pride issues, and is still at that age and experience level where he hasn't really figured out how to effectively handle a relationship. It doesn't make him a bad person, just inexperienced. Hopefully he can learn from this break-up and put this new experience to work in his next relationship.
I can think of quite a few times, in the episode that they played miniature golf, her entire behavior in "Eye of the Beholder", etc.... I just get a bad vibe from Julie, I always have. She seems mood swingy like she is constanly on you know what. Half of the time she is really bland and boring. Ben has risked his life for her on a number of times and she does not care. Maybe I hate her because I've always been a...whats the word....Beunice? Eunen? Ben + Eunice. If Ben is not with Eunice,he should be with Ester. Even before Eunice and Ester appeared I did not like her. Anyway, its my opinion.

Really? I always got a bad vibe from Eunice more. Don't know why, just makes the hair on my neck stand on end. Nice that we can find mutual enjoyment in Ester though.

107 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 25th March 2013, 11:51 pm

Hawkeye & Hulk

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Kariachi wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
Kariachi wrote:

Really? I always got a bad vibe from Eunice more. Don't know why, just makes the hair on my neck stand on end. Nice that we can find mutual enjoyment in Ester though.
I love Ester. She is one of those nice girls that makes you feel good to watch. I'm also sure she smells like roses, cinimmon, pine trees, fruit etc... something nice. (Not trying to be creepy)

108 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 25th March 2013, 11:53 pm

Hawkeye & Hulk

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Lukey wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:

It has the female sex symbol on his/her pic though.

109 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 12:03 am

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
Lukey wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:

It's from some anime he likes

110 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 12:28 am

painlee

Magister
Magister
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
Lukey wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:

lol judging some one because of their avatar.

111 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 12:41 am

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
painlee wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
Lukey wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:

He means under their avatar. It threw me off to.

112 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 1:05 am

Hawkeye & Hulk

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Kariachi wrote:
painlee wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
Lukey wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:

He means under their avatar. It threw me off to.
Yeah the female symbol. Like the male symbol is under mine.

113 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 1:21 am

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:Yeah the female symbol. Like the male symbol is under mine.

I'd never noticed that before but I know other members on here and other sites always refer to him using the masculine version of words.

Anyone know for sure? We're not trying to pry in on anyones business, we just want to avoid offending anybody unintentionally.

114 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 1:22 am

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:Yeah the female symbol. Like the male symbol is under mine.

I'd never noticed that before but I know other members on here and other sites always refer to him using the masculine version of words.

Anyone know for sure? We're not trying to pry in on anyones business, we just want to avoid offending anybody unintentionally.

His Deviantart says that he's a male

115 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 1:25 am

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Lukey wrote:

Yeah, I think he's just a guy who identifies more with girls, but I'm not his spokesperson or anything.
I wonder if he knows what a discussion we're stirring up about him while his back is turned.

116 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 2:18 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
My gender thing tends to vary from place to place. This is to answer the question: Do people use different rationale depending on what gender they think you are?

The answer is yes.

For the record, however, I've never actually verbally affirmed myself to be of either gender. I really don't think it matters what I am.

tia

117 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 12:49 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Lol guys, this was...interesting. Laughing

But totally off-topic.

118 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 12:51 pm

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Sebastian13 wrote:Lol guys, this was...interesting. Laughing

But totally off-topic.

Very true!

So, who here agrees with Fistina that Rook was, as always, absolutely adorable?

119 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 12:56 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Their conversations were really funny. But I wouldn't call them adorable, I don't think they fit...

Anyways, someone had to use this emoticon for this episode: date

120 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 1:01 pm

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Sebastian13 wrote:Their conversations were really funny. But I wouldn't call them adorable, I don't think they fit...

I didn't say 'them', I said 'him'. I just agree with Fistina that he's adorable.

Actually, I really like Fistina, but you're right, she and Rook don't really work. Hope we get to see her find someone who does fit her though, it'd be interesting.

121 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 1:02 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Kariachi wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:Their conversations were really funny. But I wouldn't call them adorable, I don't think they fit...

I didn't say 'them', I said 'him'. I just agree with Fistina that he's adorable.

Actually, I really like Fistina, but you're right, she and Rook don't really work. Hope we get to see her find someone who does fit her though, it'd be interesting.

Then I apologize, I misread.

True, he isn't my profile pic for nothing. Very Happy He was the only part of Omniverse I liked at first.

122 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 1:26 pm

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Sebastian13 wrote:
Kariachi wrote:

Then I apologize, I misread.

True, he isn't my profile pic for nothing. Very Happy He was the only part of Omniverse I liked at first.

No prob, totally get it.

Same here. Hedge, Revonahganders are quickly making their way up there with Osmosians on my 'favorite species' list, and Rook's been on my 'fave characters' top 5* since the first episode.

*For those curious, in order: Kevin and everyone related to him from Harvey to Devlin, Cooper, Rook and his siblings, Julie, and Darkstar.

123 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th March 2013, 5:09 pm

Tsaklas

Plumber
Plumber
For those curious, in order: Kevin and everyone related to him from Harvey to Devlin, Cooper, Rook and his siblings, Julie, and Darkstar.[/quote]

Haha, good list, mine is probably :
Cooper
Driba
Blukic
Albedo
Malware

http://www.icarlynewsandepisodes.blogspot.com

124 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 20th April 2013, 3:51 pm

redcat51

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
I was so upset about the break up but i know julie still has feeling for ben and hopeful if ben matures they get back together

125 Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 16th June 2013, 9:12 pm

waffles

I felt like this episode was basically to get Julie out of the picture and establish Ester as Ben's new romantic interest. It only took Ben about five seconds to move on. He also really never understands what he did wrong in their relationship tbh. She put up with a lot of his crap -- and wow, what a sexist concept I saw in the earlier pages of this forum, that the hero is more important than the girl. (Gwen Stacy syndrome, anyone? She didn't die, but still.) Just because Ben is saving the world doesn't mean he doesn't have the time to treat Julie like he cares. "Duped" was one I really started thinking Ben was horrible; I mean, if he only went to investigate the Knights that'd be fine. But no, he sends his duplicates to Julie's tennis match and with Kevin. Then the real him goes to see a Sumo Slammers Movie.

He doesn't know what he did wrong, and that's what makes me angry. It's obvious Ben still thinks Julie's been silly for being so hurt by his need for attention. I truly, truly believe Ben's character cannot be developed until they deal with this part of his life. Because honestly, you can't throw up away that sort of relationship and simply forget. That's like throwing away history. It'll just happen again. He won't grow up.  

Besides, did she ask for a lot from him? No. No, she didn't. She just wanted support at her tennis match, only about 40 minutes to an hour of time. She didn't ask him to buy her flowers or walk her home or anything all girls would probably secretly want from their boyfriend. She held his hand when he needed it, stood by him and never once doubted his choices until he gave her a reason to. Julie doesn't have any superpower or gift. But she's not weak either. She's no damsel-in-distress that can't fight for herself. She has a mouth, she uses it. She doesn't have to ignore the fact she comes second to pretty much everything else -- from the world to mr. smoothy to sumo slammers to some blonde chick named Eunice no one ever tells her about -- in Ben's life. Do you just expect her to nod her head and smile? In consideration of the fact Ben could "get anyone he wanted", the only person who really know Ben is Julie. She's the only one who liked him before all that, for who he was without the hero-status or alien technology or history or whatever.

It's also kind of disappointing, because Julie's one of the very few non-white characters in the Ben 10 universe -- besides aliens, of course. 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum