26 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 6:31 pm

Undertime

Human
Human

27 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 6:35 pm

Undertime

Human
Human
I'll post on Youtube, for those who do not have access to previews of the USA.

28 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 6:46 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber

What the WHAT?!!! What the shell is with that Alternative Ben? The earings, it's a boy or a girl? Blue transformations?, not the same. And seriously, Freeze Lizard?!! Our Ben has better taste for names.

29 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 7:04 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Ursalink wrote:

What the WHAT?!!! What the shell is with that Alternative Ben? The earings, it's a boy or a girl? Blue transformations?, not the same. And seriously, Freeze Lizard?!! Our Ben has better taste for names.

Really weird...but seem pretty cool too! Very Happy
I think I'll enjoy it. Alternative versions of Ben are always awesome.

Maybe we'll see a new alien too. fingerscrosses

30 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 7:09 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
"It's Gyro time!"? facepalm

I can bet this Ben is some stupid spoiled brat...

Imagine if Ben said "It's Smoothy time!"

31 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 7:16 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHART THIS?! GAH!

Blukic and Driba make everything better though.

32 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 7:25 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
Sebastian13 wrote:

But that would be the WORST! POSSIBLE! THING!

33 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 8:11 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHART THIS?! GAH!

Err, I really didn't want to have to chart this, but I might have to now, because Articguana.
Yeah, fyi my charts will be recording Ben 23's transformations.

Sebastian13 wrote:"It's Gyro time!"?

I can bet this Ben is some stupid spoiled brat...

Imagine if Ben said "It's Smoothy time!"

He seems like a total sell out, to me.

Oh, speaking of which, Nice beard Tetrax. All we need is a background Pyronite and Ectonurite and OV is Golden for original Alien background characters.

34 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 8:20 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
ZeroRecoil wrote: He seems like a total sell out, to me.

Yeah...sell out is the perfect word in his case.

OprahWinfrey62 wrote:HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHART THIS?! GAH!

Chart? What are you guys talking about?

35 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 8:24 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

But that would be the WORST! POSSIBLE! THING!

Why exactly? confused

I would like seeing a new just-for-this-Ben-alien (for a while at least, until Ben gets it too), even if Ben 23 is lame...a new alien is always welcomed.

36 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 8:25 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
No but it makes me sad when new aliens debut on not Ben. It keeps you from seeing their real appearance and hearing their real voice and it confuses me as to what to consider their debut (debut on Ben? Or debut overall?)

37 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 8:36 pm

Nobody

Plumber
Plumber

38 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 9:11 pm

painlee

Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote:

probably a parody of Justin Bieber ,i noticed he had 10 years old ben voice and there always the justin bieber never reached puberty jokes.

39 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 9:23 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Oh, boy! I just realized something. Weird look, younger self's voice, bling-bling accesories, spoiled brat attitude, robo-cameras filming his battle... What if this "Ben 23" is a mix of Ben 10 AND BILLY BILLIONS?!!! The idea is creepying me out!! If I'm right, I wonder how his "Mazuma" will look like.

40 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 10:10 pm

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Freezelizard? That's just terrible...
Articguana is a lot better name...

41 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 10:39 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
painlee wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

probably a parody of Justin Bieber ,i noticed he had 10 years old ben voice and there always the justin bieber never reached puberty jokes.

You know, this almost seems like a cohesive theory. Just replace Justin Bieber with random teen celebrity.

Ben 23 is just a parody of a teen pop culture icon, wearing lots of cool clothes, being sponsored by brands.

This looks to be as close to "Oprah vs The Boy Bands" as we are possibly going to get.

42 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 17th January 2013, 10:58 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:
painlee wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

You know, this almost seems like a cohesive theory. Just replace Justin Bieber with random teen celebrity.

Ben 23 is just a parody of a teen pop culture icon, wearing lots of cool clothes, being sponsored by brands.

This looks to be as close to "Oprah vs The Boy Bands" as we are possibly going to get.

This episode hates on Bieber their for it it is genius! I spent a lot fo time on thumb and " cut for Bieber " was huge on there the other week so this ep is just what I need after that.

Its taken over a quarter of the 60 episode order but this show is getting funnier.

Last edited by datdude on 18th January 2013, 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

43 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 1:22 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
That clip gave me a fangasm. So excite. My lists are better than Oprah's charts. I will have no problem with this episode.

44 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 1:56 am

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
Nice! An alt-version of Ben who's gay!

Joking aside, I'm glad to see Tetrax back, even if he isn't quite the same guy we know. I was enjoying the preview... until the Omniverse guys (Driba, Blukic, Hokestar) showed up. Is it just me or is Omniverse getting more and more like a sitcom with recurring characters?

45 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 1:58 am

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:Is it just me or is Omniverse getting more and more like a sitcom with recurring characters?

You say that like it's bad.

With these characters appearing more than just once or twice, we get to know them more and they have more opportunities to develop, rather than just one-shots that feel pointless.

B&D were the highlight of that preview for me.

46 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 2:14 am

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:

You say that like it's bad.

With these characters appearing more than just once or twice, we get to know them more and they have more opportunities to develop, rather than just one-shots that feel pointless.

B&D were the highlight of that preview for me.

I can definitely respect a character being developed, but I haven't seen that too much. I mean, we just saw Fistrick again and the only thing we learnt is that 'he knows a guy'. Which, unless it's going to a a later plot point, isn't much development. And, even where there is development in Omniverse, it just seems to take away from the story. I mean, the more we see a villain in comedy-centric, light-hearted situations, the less of a threat that villain becomes in the eyes of the audience. This isn't always a bad thing, but story just seems to be on the back burner with most of the episodes.

The reason I say that like it's bad is because Ben 10 used to be an action show with a focus on story, with added comedy on the side. Now it seems reversed, which is understandable with the target audience they're trying to re-connect with, but it certainly does seem to alienate some fans that joined during the UAF era, and even fans that have been here since the beginning. I remember getting hooked on Ben 10 OS because of the fact that there was an actual continuing narrative going on over multiple episodes, which was strange to someone like me who grew up with 'monster of the week' shows with no real sense of story arcs or escalation.

P.S: Sorry for being such a downer on Omniverse tonight!

47 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 2:17 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:Nice! An alt-version of Ben who's gay!

Joking aside, I'm glad to see Tetrax back, even if he isn't quite the same guy we know. I was enjoying the preview... until the Omniverse guys (Driba, Blukic, Hokestar) showed up. Is it just me or is Omniverse getting more and more like a sitcom with recurring characters?

That's a staple of this kind of show. See: TFA, TT etc.

Also, homophobia and shallow judgement? My, aren't you a darling little jackass? Smile

48 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 2:49 am

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:

Also, homophobia and shallow judgement? My, aren't you a darling little jackass? Smile

Homophobia is a big, meaningful word to throw around. Especially if you knew exactly who you were throwing it at.

I'm sorry if my attempt at 'humour' was not clear-cut enough for you to understand. I'll try and 'Omniverse' it down for people of this forum in the future.

This will be my last reply to you. You know not of me, and yet you call my a 'jackass' and claim that I have 'shallow judgement', seemingly because I do not share the same views on a piece of entertainment as you. I see no point spending anymore time trying to discuss a narrative TV show with someone who possesses such qualities, but thanks for spending your time typing your reply out.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Just to let everyone know (and to not allow Lodestar's Advocate's accusations to make you think otherwise) I am most definitely not homophobic.

Also, more importantly, calling someone 'gay' based on their appearance is not homophobic. Flip it on it's side to a situation in which I said an LGBT person looked 'straight' by the way they dressed - this is not "straightophobic"

Surely, the only people who would claim what I said as being homophobic are those who believe that being gay is a bad thing and that by calling someone 'gay' you are trying to offend them. I hate to break it to anyone who thought such a thing, but I was actually not trying to offend this alternate version of Ben Tennyson. (If you haven't quite figured it out yet and require even more information on my objective with the statement I made, please read the following: I was merely attempting to make a 'humorous' comment on his appearance)

...need I say anymore?

Last edited by Lukey on 18th January 2013, 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total

49 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 3:08 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:

Homophobia is a big word to throw around. Especially if you knew exactly who you were throwing it at.

I'm sorry if my attempt at 'humour' was not clear-cut enough for you to understand. I'll try and 'Omniverse' it down for people of this forum in the future.

This will be my last reply to you. You know not of me, and yet you call my a 'jackass' and claim that I have 'shallow judgement', seemingly because I do not share the same views on a piece of entertainment as you. I see no point spending anymore time trying to discuss a narrative TV show with someone who possesses such qualities, but thanks for spending your time typing your reply out.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Just to let everyone know (and to not allow Lodestar's Advocate's accusations to make you think otherwise) I am most definitely not homophobic.

Also, more importantly, calling someone 'gay' based on their appearance is not homophobic. Flip it on it's side to a situation in which I said an LGBT person looked 'straight' by the way they dressed - this is not "straightophobic"

Surely, the only people who would claim what I said as being homophobic are those who believe that being gay is a bad thing and that by calling someone 'gay' you are trying to offend them. I hate to break it to anyone who thought such a thing, but I was actually not trying to offend this alternate version of Ben Tennyson. I was merely attempting to make a 'humorous' comment on his appearance.

...need I say anymore?

The fact that you meant that as a joke was entirely clear. I simply do not understand why that would be entirely funny.

Here's a big thing you need to know: I am a homosexual person. Your joke was "Hey, he looks GAY, isn't that hilarious? Gay stuff is funny. Gay looking people must be laughed at! Lolz!"

This is an offensive thing to say.

I'm going to make this clear. I care not what you think of Omniverse. If you think that I would actually attack somebody because of what they think of a cartoon I probably have made myself look to you guys like some kind of fanatic, but I assure you that I am not. Everything I say in this forum I mean with the most sincere form of facetiousness that is known to man.

Except! Except when my principles are put to question. and saying "He looks gay loz" is putting my principles (and, indeed, identity) to mockery and ridicule.

Maybe you are not a jackass. I do not know you, as you say. But jackass is as jackass does, and that was an assy thing to say.

Yes, saying that someone "looks gay," and the flipside, that someone "looks straight" are both homophobic things to say. This may be hard for heteronormative society to realize, but there is no such thing as "looking gay." The entire idea of "looking gay" is formed around outdated, cliched, and offensive representations of homosexuality and perverted public regard for these people over the years. In other words: These comments are discriminatory and ignorant.

50 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 3:21 am

The Planning Man

Lukey wrote:

Homophobia is a big word to throw around. Especially if you knew exactly who you were throwing it at.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Surely, the only people who would claim what I said as being homophobic are those who believe that being gay is a bad thing and that by calling someone 'gay' you are trying to offend them. I hate to break it to anyone who thought such a thing, but I was actually not trying to offend this alternate version of Ben Tennyson. I was merely attempting to make a 'humorous' comment on his appearance.

...need I say anymore?

The fact that you meant that as a joke was entirely clear. I simply do not understand why that would be entirely funny.

Here's a big thing you need to know: I am a homosexual person. Your joke was "Hey, he looks GAY, isn't that hilarious? Gay stuff is funny. Gay looking people must be laughed at! Lolz!"

This is an offensive thing to say.
Sounds like you've got a stick up your ass.

*ba dumm tssssssss*

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum