Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 3:48 am

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:

The fact that you meant that as a joke was entirely clear. I simply do not understand why that would be entirely funny.

Here's a big thing you need to know: I am a homosexual person. Your joke was "Hey, he looks GAY, isn't that hilarious? Gay stuff is funny. Gay looking people must be laughed at! Lolz!"

This is an offensive thing to say.


I'm going to make this clear. I care not what you think of Omniverse. If you think that I would actually attack somebody because of what they think of a cartoon I probably have made myself look to you guys like some kind of fanatic, but I assure you that I am not. Everything I say in thsi forum I mean with the most sincere form of facetiousness that is known to man.

Except! Except when my rpinciples are put to question. and saying "He looks gay loz" is putting my principles (and, indeed, identity) to mockery and ridicule.

Maybe you are not a jackass. I do not know you, as you say. But jackass is as jackass does, and that was an assy thing to say.

Yes, saying that someone "looks gay," and the flipside, that someone "looks straight" are both homophobic things to say. This may be hard for heteronormative society to realize, but there is no such thing as "looking gay." The entire idea of "loking gay" is formed around outdated, cliched, and offensive representations of homosexuality and perverted public regard for these people over the yers. In other words: These comments are discriminatory and ignorant.

Interesting. I certainly wasn't expecting this response, and so I will go against what I said earlier and I will reply.


Although I purposely with-held the following information from you (as I believe simply being gay does not excuse you of homophobia) I will include it now, as you have deemed it important to our discussion.

I identify myself as a homosexual too.

You claim that I tried to make out that being gay is funny. I must inform you that saying someone looks 'gay' is different to saying that 'being gay is funny'. Your views on homophobia are quite radical. I in no way consider a non-negative joke about gay 'traits' to be homophobic. It could be argued that yes, my statement was based on a image of a modern gay stereotype, but it is not actually fundamentally homophobic. If I saw alt-Ben walking down the straight, I would personally think to myself that the person is gay. I am not being hateful, or judgemental, I'm merely making an observation and assumption based on the way they look. This is not me making fun of someone being gay. My image of a 'typical' gay person is a well-groomed, well-dressed guy. This Ben embodied that for me, and that was why I said it. Again, this is not homophobic, I fully understand that we in the LGBT community come in all shapes, sizes, colours etc, but I see no harm in making light of the fact a man takes care of himself, something that statistically more gay men than straight do.

To clarify, when I said 'joking aside' after making my comment, I was not referring to being gay as being a joke, I was referring to my comment being a joke.

I will admit that I maybe felt more comfortable making my 'joke' as a result of being in an environment that I considered full of 'straight' males, but I would have said the same thing if I was amongst my gay friends too. (If only any of them liked Ben 10...)

I believe in not taking yourself too seriously. Laughing at ourselves and the 'gay image' is something me and my LGBT friends proudly do.

We all have different limits on what is tolerable or not. I still see no wrong in what I said but if I personally offended you, than I apologise. It is not my intention to hurt anyone, ever, especially a member of the LGBT community. I respect that you firmly stand up for your beliefs but I invite you to not take everything too seriously.

52 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 3:59 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
lukey stop feeding the trolls ignore him and go about your business. The boards got a foe list use it and all will be well.


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

53 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 4:57 am

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
Tummy Trouble gets delayed:
http://blog.cartoonnetwork.com/2013/01/17/ben-10-omniverse-schedule-change/

54 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 5:36 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Cool this episode look interesting at least.


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

55 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 6:46 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:

The fact that you meant that as a joke was entirely clear. I simply do not understand why that would be entirely funny.

Here's a big thing you need to know: I am a homosexual person. Your joke was "Hey, he looks GAY, isn't that hilarious? Gay stuff is funny. Gay looking people must be laughed at! Lolz!"

This is an offensive thing to say.


I'm going to make this clear. I care not what you think of Omniverse. If you think that I would actually attack somebody because of what they think of a cartoon I probably have made myself look to you guys like some kind of fanatic, but I assure you that I am not. Everything I say in thsi forum I mean with the most sincere form of facetiousness that is known to man.

Except! Except when my rpinciples are put to question. and saying "He looks gay loz" is putting my principles (and, indeed, identity) to mockery and ridicule.

Maybe you are not a jackass. I do not know you, as you say. But jackass is as jackass does, and that was an assy thing to say.

Yes, saying that someone "looks gay," and the flipside, that someone "looks straight" are both homophobic things to say. This may be hard for heteronormative society to realize, but there is no such thing as "looking gay." The entire idea of "loking gay" is formed around outdated, cliched, and offensive representations of homosexuality and perverted public regard for these people over the yers. In other words: These comments are discriminatory and ignorant.

Interesting. I certainly wasn't expecting this response, and so I will go against what I said earlier and I will reply.


Although I purposely with-held the following information from you (as I believe simply being gay does not excuse you of homophobia) I will include it now, as you have deemed it important to our discussion.

I identify myself as a homosexual too.

You claim that I tried to make out that being gay is funny. I must inform you that saying someone looks 'gay' is different to saying that 'being gay is funny'. Your views on homophobia are quite radical. I in no way consider a non-negative joke about gay 'traits' to be homophobic. It could be argued that yes, my statement was based on a image of a modern gay stereotype, but it is not actually fundamentally homophobic. If I saw alt-Ben walking down the straight, I would personally think to myself that the person is gay. I am not being hateful, or judgemental, I'm merely making an observation and assumption based on the way they look. This is not me making fun of someone being gay. My image of a 'typical' gay person is a well-groomed, well-dressed guy. This Ben embodied that for me, and that was why I said it. Again, this is not homophobic, I fully understand that we in the LGBT community come in all shapes, sizes, colours etc, but I see no harm in making light of the fact a man takes care of himself, something that statistically more gay men than straight do.

To clarify, when I said 'joking aside' after making my comment, I was not referring to being gay as being a joke, I was referring to my comment being a joke.

I will admit that I maybe felt more comfortable making my 'joke' as a result of being in an environment that I considered full of 'straight' males, but I would have said the same thing if I was amongst my gay friends too. (If only any of them liked Ben 10...)

I believe in not taking yourself too seriously. Laughing at ourselves and the 'gay image' is something me and my LGBT friends proudly do.

We all have different limits on what is tolerable or not. I still see no wrong in what I said but if I personally offended you, than I apologise. It is not my intention to hurt anyone, ever, especially a member of the LGBT community. I respect that you firmly stand up for your beliefs but I invite you to not take everything too seriously.


Okay. I must first thank you for replying calmly to my post, and now with context, I can see where and why you are coming from. I must also apologize for the replies I made, which were hotheaded and unnecessaryly hostile.

I don't disagree that taking oneself too seriously can bee detrimental--indeed, wen things get heated I often am one of the first to tell people to lighten up. The fact remains that society as it stands now is biased and unforgiving. I am fed up with the attitudes of the internet and people at large. This forum specifically has had people calling the redesigned Four Arms a "stupid gay mexican," and some have said that Pesky Dust is the worst because he's "totally gay." There is no end to bigoted idiots willing to spout nonsense into the void. Eventually I just want to slap the first person that says something like that next.

Once again, I must apologize for the knee-jerk reaction I had to your post. It was severely out of line, though I hope you understand why.

datdude wrote:lukey stop feeding the trolls ignore him and go about your business. The boards got a foe list use it and all will be well.

I don't think you understand what trolling actually means.


---

I'm kinda disappoint. I really wanted Upchuck to show up already. Hopefully we'll see some "new" 11 year old aliens for once...

56 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 2:19 pm

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
well in production order tummy trouble was meant to be and arc 3 episode so maybe a story scene happend or ben unlock a alien form.

57 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 3:10 pm

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
Okay. I must first thank you for replying calmly to my post, and now with context, I can see where and why you are coming from. I must also apologize for the replies I made, which were hotheaded and unnecessaryly hostile.

I don't disagree that taking oneself too seriously can bee detrimental--indeed, wen things get heated I often am one of the first to tell people to lighten up. The fact remains that society as it stands now is biased and unforgiving. I am fed up with the attitudes of the internet and people at large. This forum specifically has had people calling the redesigned Four Arms a "stupid gay mexican," and some have said that Pesky Dust is the worst because he's "totally gay." There is no end to bigoted idiots willing to spout nonsense into the void. Eventually I just want to slap the first person that says something like that next.

Once again, I must apologize for the knee-jerk reaction I had to your post. It was severely out of line, though I hope you understand why.


No worries, I completely understand. Your views on society are something I can definitely identify with. Although, I will say that the world can be a much kinder place than you may think.

I'm glad we could turn this discussion around.

58 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 18th January 2013, 5:27 pm

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Good thing you guys solved this in a mature way before me having to step in. Smile

Idk, I personally saw Ben 23 as being wannabe emo, a sell-out (not my description of him, but I liked it) and a spoiled brat. Basically, just like most of the stupid teenages these days. It's "what if Ben was like teens these days" episode. At least for me.
Justin does indeed come to mind as well.

Awesome...we got sexual preferences variety on here. Very Happy If either of you want to use the chat or Community for such talks ("Your Sexual Preference") then feel free to do so. I'd love to see some decent, smart and nice people talking about their experiences here. Just an idea. I myself am straight, but I liked some males visually and character-wise, I'm just not sexual about it.

59 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 5:53 pm

Nobody


Plumber
Plumber
While out looking for the elusive 23rd Mr. Smoothy's store with Blukic and Driba, Ben meets an alternate version of himself. (Guest-starring Aziz Ansari as Ben 23.)

http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_004_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_006_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_008_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_010_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_012_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_014_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_016_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_018_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_020_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_022_1280x720.jpg

60 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 7:13 pm

Ursalink


Plumber
Plumber
Nobody wrote:While out looking for the elusive 23rd Mr. Smoothy's store with Blukic and Driba, Ben meets an alternate version of himself. (Guest-starring Aziz Ansari as Ben 23.)

http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_004_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_006_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_008_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_010_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_012_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_014_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_016_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_018_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_020_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_022_1280x720.jpg

Jeez!! It get my nerves that someones can see the episode before the official time. Can somebody please post info of the episode? Or at least post me spoilers in a private message, please? The blue Azmuth's pictures makes me think that he removed Ben 23's Omnitrix because he proved to be unworthy or something.

61 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 7:19 pm

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote:
Nobody wrote:While out looking for the elusive 23rd Mr. Smoothy's store with Blukic and Driba, Ben meets an alternate version of himself. (Guest-starring Aziz Ansari as Ben 23.)

http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_004_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_006_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_008_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_010_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_012_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_014_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_016_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_018_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_020_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i63/CARE1001271300001074_022_1280x720.jpg

Jeez!! It get my nerves that someones can see the episode before the official time. Can somebody please post info of the episode? Or at least post me spoilers in a private message, please? The blue Azmuth's pictures makes me think that he removed Ben 23's Omnitrix because he proved to be unworthy or something.

No one has seen the episode, Nobody finds these screenshots on the CN website (I think)


_________________
http://shrek.com

62 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 8:16 pm

Nobody


Plumber
Plumber
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
No one has seen the episode, Nobody finds these screenshots on the CN website (I think)

Correct, Currently its impossible to post the full episode before it airs because CN uses a streaming website.....

63 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 8:24 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
Nobody wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
No one has seen the episode, Nobody finds these screenshots on the CN website (I think)

Correct, Currently its impossible to post the full episode before it airs because CN uses a streaming website.....
Not to mention cartoon network has master copies of episodes being made.

64 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 8:26 pm

Ursalink


Plumber
Plumber
Nobody wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
No one has seen the episode, Nobody finds these screenshots on the CN website (I think)

Correct, Currently its impossible to post the full episode before it airs because CN uses a streaming website.....

I don't ask for the episode, just for info about what happens in it. These random screenshots have to come from somewhere, so somebody (possibly from USA) must has seen the episode.

65 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 8:26 pm

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote:
Nobody wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
No one has seen the episode, Nobody finds these screenshots on the CN website (I think)

Correct, Currently its impossible to post the full episode before it airs because CN uses a streaming website.....

I don't ask for the episode, just for info about what happens in it. These random screenshots have to come from somewhere, so somebody (possibly from USA) must has seen the episode.

I already explained it to you, Nobody (the user) finds the screenshots on the CN website.


_________________
http://shrek.com

66 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 8:50 pm

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
Ursalink wrote:
Nobody wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
No one has seen the episode, Nobody finds these screenshots on the CN website (I think)

Correct, Currently its impossible to post the full episode before it airs because CN uses a streaming website.....

I don't ask for the episode, just for info about what happens in it. These random screenshots have to come from somewhere, so somebody (possibly from USA) must has seen the episode.

I already explained it to you, Nobody (the user) finds the screenshots on the CN website.

Ursalink probably has you on his foes list, (I'm pretty sure that I'm on his).
Some people just can't see sense, do yourself a favour and put his on your foes list, it blocks all of his posts unless you want to see them. You can access it by visiting his profile.

67 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 10:17 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote:
Nobody wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
No one has seen the episode, Nobody finds these screenshots on the CN website (I think)

Correct, Currently its impossible to post the full episode before it airs because CN uses a streaming website.....

I don't ask for the episode, just for info about what happens in it. These random screenshots have to come from somewhere, so somebody (possibly from USA) must has seen the episode.
I don't get it, how can you not enjoy seeing random pics like this, and if you don't wanna see them, just don't click the links...
Cause I enjoy Nobody giving us pics of episodes every week before air, cause it gives me something to look forward to whether it's gonna be a good episode or bad.

68 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 10:33 pm

Ursalink


Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
Ursalink wrote:
Nobody wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
No one has seen the episode, Nobody finds these screenshots on the CN website (I think)

Correct, Currently its impossible to post the full episode before it airs because CN uses a streaming website.....

I don't ask for the episode, just for info about what happens in it. These random screenshots have to come from somewhere, so somebody (possibly from USA) must has seen the episode.

I already explained it to you, Nobody (the user) finds the screenshots on the CN website.

Ursalink probably has you on his foes list, (I'm pretty sure that I'm on his).
Some people just can't see sense, do yourself a favour and put his on your foes list, it blocks all of his posts unless you want to see them. You can access it by visiting his profile.

What are you talking about? I have no "foes list". I just don't understand from where the preview screencaps come if no one has seen the episode, and I don't find them in CN website.

69 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 10:34 pm

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
Ursalink wrote:
Nobody wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
No one has seen the episode, Nobody finds these screenshots on the CN website (I think)

Correct, Currently its impossible to post the full episode before it airs because CN uses a streaming website.....

I don't ask for the episode, just for info about what happens in it. These random screenshots have to come from somewhere, so somebody (possibly from USA) must has seen the episode.

I already explained it to you, Nobody (the user) finds the screenshots on the CN website.

Ursalink probably has you on his foes list, (I'm pretty sure that I'm on his).
Some people just can't see sense, do yourself a favour and put his on your foes list, it blocks all of his posts unless you want to see them. You can access it by visiting his profile.

What are you talking about? I have no "foes list". I just don't understand from where the preview screencaps come if no one has seen the episode, and I don't find them in CN website.

They're hidden. Nobody (again, the user) knows how to get to them, just like the preview clips that he finds.


_________________
http://shrek.com

70 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 10:38 pm

GagaFan

avatar
Human
Human
Ursalink wrote:
What are you talking about? I have no "foes list". I just don't understand from where the preview screencaps come if no one has seen the episode, and I don't find them in CN website.

Who did you kwow this? Just take it back - it's okay and we needto not know.

71 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd January 2013, 10:41 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
The screenshots just came from a deeper part of the web.

72 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th January 2013, 2:43 pm

Omniversed


Human
Human
Ben still has Feedback. Awesome. There were a lot of fun things about this episode, but Ben 23's alien names are just horrible. Electric Yeti? Charcoal Man? Freeze Lizard?

Ben comes up with much better names, and I'm sure Ben 23 knows it. Overall this was a fun episode to watch, though there were a lot of random moments. I'm starting to think Derrick's making this show seem kind of like the Teen Titans in a way. He still does an excellent job though.

73 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th January 2013, 2:45 pm

BelBen10OV

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
16 year old feedback oh my god Very Happy Very Happy

74 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th January 2013, 2:46 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
16 year old Feedback
Ben 10's version of Cow and Chicken (same voices)
Molestache
Ben almost 17
That was a good episode, and that says a lot...

75 Re: STORE 23 SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 26th January 2013, 2:47 pm

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
OK DD caught the episode on time for once.

First off ive been saying a while now ben would do well on a bike. It fits his personality well, and I like the helmet. So superficially I liked that bit.

Ben 23 is a stab at beiber but thinly under the skin of it he's a Ben that never had Max to set him on the right path. I find myself wondering what happened to gwen 23 as I normally credit gwen with being Bens moral compass. This was Ben without said moral compass and he turned into a total sellout, very nearly a killer.

See Omniverse this is what you've been missing, all be it brute force zero subtlety but still its more to the story than meets the eye.





_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum