You are not connected. Please login or register

Q&A With Matt Wayne

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 43]

1 Q&A With Matt Wayne on 26th January 2013, 10:59 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
I had to think about this for a while, but I decided no new links to the episodes shall be posted on this forum from now on. I will make sure that is so. As you can see, none have been posted for the past few weeks anyways. And I assume screenshots aren't a problem.

I do not personally mind episodes being online and I am pro copyright infrigment for various reason I won't get into right now.

You have started making comments on our forum (and I am very glad for that, your presence has been missed) and I know your legal obligations. For that, I have the moral obligation not to cause any problems for you.

If you may and have the time, can you answer these questions?

1.Would you want me to create a special part of the forum so you can answer questions? Many users would like to ask an actual writer. Derrick is great, but it's not the same. Ofc, only if you have the time and desire to do so.
2.Any news on the new official Dwayne McDuffie forum?
3.Would Eugene Son want to join this forum as well until the new one is being made? Assuming you see him once in a while.

In any case, thanks for an awesome show!

Last edited by Sebastian13 on 12th April 2013, 1:53 pm; edited 5 times in total

2 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 26th January 2013, 11:02 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
I am over joyed at this turn of events.

3 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 26th January 2013, 11:41 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
That's cool. Just 1 q. Would the stuff Nobody posts be included in this?

4 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 26th January 2013, 11:45 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:That's cool. Just 1 q. Would the stuff Nobody posts be included in this?

Don't think so. He links to screenshots and trailers, not full episodes.

And those are from CN anyways.

5 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 27th January 2013, 11:12 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Sebastian13 wrote:

1.Would you want me to create a special part of the forum so you can answer questions? Many users would like to ask an actual writer. Derrick is great, but it's not the same. Ofc, only if you have the time and desire to do so.

If that's convenient, sure. My only misgiving is that I may not check in as often as people would like. I remember not contributing very much to a similar topic on Dwayne's board, because I was working on the episodes that are running now. My work and family obligations haven't lessened since then and may keep me from logging in for long stretches, hopefully not too long.

Sebastian13 wrote:

2.Any news on the new official Dwayne McDuffie forum?

Yes, I heard that Charlotte is still planning to do it, but we're both story editing Ben 10 and both pretty busy. No ETA any more precise than "it's moving forward."

Sebastian13 wrote:
3.Would Eugene Son want to join this forum as well until the new one is being made? Assuming you see him once in a while.

I do, and I know that he just got very, very busy! But I'll ask.

Sebastian13 wrote:]
In any case, thanks for an awesome show!
[/quote]
You're welcome, but I hope you're aware how much Derrick is the person to ask about Omniverse! He comes up with a great deal of every episode and is present at every story meeting. And of the four of us who sit with the writer to "break" every Omniverse episode, Derrick is the one who knows all the OS continuity best. Many entire episodes have been his idea, and he's better at names than me. (He came up with the name "Nemetrix," for instance. Although I did name "Charcoal-Man" and I'm pretty proud of that!) Plus, Derrick's in charge of the character design, which is a lot of what you guys talk about.

6 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 27th January 2013, 11:26 pm

BelBen10OV

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Can you Make Ben Anodite real?

7 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 27th January 2013, 11:43 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
BelBen10OV wrote:Can you Make Ben Anodite real?

I can't even make Ben real.

8 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 12:38 am

BelBen10OV

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
In the show please try It was my third fevorite

9 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 12:43 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
BelBen10OV wrote:
In the show

It's not the kind of question I can answer, but I definitely get that you want to see Anodite Ben!

10 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 1:22 am

BelBen10OV

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Matt Wayne wrote:
BelBen10OV wrote:
In the show

It's not the kind of question I can answer, but I definitely get that you want to see Anodite Ben!
So you will try to make it to appear in the show Very Happy

11 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 1:46 am

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
BelBen10OV wrote:
Matt Wayne wrote:
BelBen10OV wrote:
In the show

So you will try to make it to appear in the show Very Happy

Well so far this has been a blast!

12 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 11:55 am

Primus 10

Human
Human
Can you tell us what it means "T.G.I.S"? Very Happy The name of the episode 21

13 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 4:49 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Primus 10 wrote:Can you tell us what it means "T.G.I.S"? Very Happy The name of the episode 21

We want you to be surprised by the episode, as much as CN promos will allow anyway. But I can tell you that "T.G.I.S." is a play on "T.G.I.F."

14 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 4:55 pm

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Matt Wayne wrote:
Primus 10 wrote:Can you tell us what it means "T.G.I.S"? Very Happy The name of the episode 21

We want you to be surprised by the episode, as much as CN promos will allow anyway. But I can tell you that "T.G.I.S." is a play on "T.G.I.F."

My guess for the episode meaning is T.G.I.Smoothies, cause it would sorta make sense with how much Ben loves smoothies.

15 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 5:09 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber

Thank you a thousand times over for answering our questions again.

1.) What happened to the Ben23 worlds Gwen?

2.) The first 26 eps of alien force had an arch beginning middle, and end. Does Omniverse have an arch like that planned?

16 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 5:23 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Hi Mr. Wayne.

Thank you very much for putting aside time for us.

1)- Will you try and change the air date of Tummy Trouble again, we know from Derrick that it's the beginning of Arc 3 and that you guys want it to air after Showdown, but do you think that you will ask them to change again, considering that they've changed it once already?

2)- Obligatory questions - your favourite Omniverse alien and your favourite Omniverse episode that has aired?

Thanks Again!

17 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 5:41 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Since people already ask here, should this be renamed and used for questions?

Also...thanks a lot for accepting to answer questions again! Very Happy
Even if it's just a few times a months, it's still very valuable info. Smile

18 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 5:55 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Why not give the creators their own subsection.

19 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 5:57 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
datdude wrote:Why not give the creators their own subsection.

I could...wait a sec.

20 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 6:17 pm

Doctor Admino

Admin
Sebastian13 wrote:
datdude wrote:Why not give the creators their own subsection.

I could...wait a sec.
Done, here it is: http://ben10.englishboard.net/f10-questions-for-matt-wayne
I'll move this topic there soon.

http://ben10.englishboard.net

21 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 6:23 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
ZeroRecoil wrote:Hi Mr. Wayne.

Thank you very much for putting aside time for us.

1)- Will you try and change the air date of Tummy Trouble again, we know from Derrick that it's the beginning of Arc 3 and that you guys want it to air after Showdown, but do you think that you will ask them to change again, considering that they've changed it once already?

2)- Obligatory questions - your favourite Omniverse alien and your favourite Omniverse episode that has aired?

Thanks Again!

1. I would prefer that the episodes run in order. The folks that program CN have other stuff to consider.

2. Favorite episode is either "Blukic and Driba Go to Mr. Smoothy" or "So Long, and Thanks for all the Smoothies." Favorite transformation is Ball Weevil.

22 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 6:38 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Greetings, Mr Wayne.

I'm glad to see you are visiting this forum, so I would like to take a chance to tell you something. I really hope you can read this post.

1º) First of all, I would like to say that like some other members of these forums (like BelBen10OV), I really wish the idea of "Ben Anodite" being turned real in the series too. You see, I was expecting something like that ever since "Ultimate Alien". Do you remember Ben's pink eyes back in "Fame"? Dwayne McDuffie (rest in peace) told us that was a sign of the human's Ultimate Form, and he also said that we would see an episode about that in the future. Well, my suspiction about the pink eyes was that the Ultimatrix not only make the Alien's DNA evolve, but the Ultimatrix's bearer too. Therefore, I thought Ultimatrix's evolutionary function affected Ben, making his possibly extinguished "Anodite Spark" (as Verdona called it) getting stronger everytime. Well, I don't know what Dwayne McDuffie had in mind back then, but Ben having an Anodite Form could be the perfect solution for this cliffhanger. And I really hope you will complete McDuffie's promise about that story.

Since Gwen is no longer so regular in the series, I really miss her powers and abilities; so it would be cool to add them to Ben's "alien arsenal". Besides, I remember back in "Inspector 13" when the Ultimatrix gave Ben's powers to Gwen and Kevin; and at the end, Ben realized that he could have had Gwen and Kevin's powers in the meantime. Not to mention that the Ben 10000 from "Ben 10000 Returns" could also use some magic/mana powers. Of course, you can't make Ben as good with Anodite powers as Gwen because that's HER skill; but yet, since the Omnitrix's malfunctions are getting a little boring, leaving Ben ALMOST defenseless, it would be cool to see him using Anodite powers just for "extreme emergencies".

2º) I would like to say that, although I like your work inthe new series, there's a couple of things that I really don't like how the series is turning into. First, although I getting like the new series' designs, I don't like how drastically some characters has been modified. For example, Zombozo's look was much better (in my honest opinion) in "Ultimate Alien" that his new look as a zombie-clown; even although it seemed and obvious copy of Batman's Joker. Second, I don't like some of the things that Derrick J Wyatt has been saying about the new series' changes, like erasing Primus or making Kevin a mutant human again. You see, as far as I see, Kevin as an Osmosian and the Planet Primus has been remarkable elements of Ben 10's universe in the past, linked to many of the greatest stories and arcs we saw in "Alien Force" and "Ultimate Alien". Making such changes is like making those stories never happen (like Aggregor's arc) and it's a really mess for the good stories that made the characters develop themselves. I really hope these changes can be reconsidered, because it's really sad to ruin such interesting elements of "Ben 10's franchise".

That's all. I hope you can read this message and I thank you for paying it some attention. I just wanted to communicate you my sincere opinion as Ben 10's fan. Thank you.

23 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 7:24 pm

Matt Wayne

Tummy Head
Tummy Head
Ursalink wrote:Greetings, Mr Wayne.

2º) I would like to say that, although I like your work inthe new series, there's a couple of things that I really don't like how the series is turning into.

We recently recorded the 200th Ben 10 episode. We see our job as telling interesting and novel stories that don't tear up the grand tapestry of What Has Gone Before, or smother under the tapestry's weight.

24 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 7:35 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
Can you clarify Clockwork's powers a little? He's my favorite alien, but I'm still not entirely sure what he does. He can shoot time rays and do that past-showing-thing, but anything else? Can he slow down/speed up/stop time? Travel in it? Anything that we haven't already seen him do?

25 Re: Q&A With Matt Wayne on 28th January 2013, 7:54 pm

Primus 10

Human
Human
Ummm the name of the episode 21 is T.G.I.S = "Thank God is Smoothie"??

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 43]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum