In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How I Met Your Mother

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How I Met Your Mother on 12th February 2013, 5:50 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
A great sitcom, it's been back for 2 weeks,and I think it finally hit it's stride.

Shifting back to Ted after the heavily Robin/Barney storyline from the first half of season 8.

I love Lily's solution last night Ted should keep dating Jeanette because he's a little crazy right now, everyone's allowed to date one crazy person in there life.

2 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 16th February 2013, 5:44 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
I've watched a few episodes and I really really like it. It's been recommended to me a lot too, so I do not know why I haven't started watching it seriously by now.

I definitely need more Neil Patrick Harris in my life anyway...

To Netflix!

3 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 16th February 2013, 10:39 am

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
This and Big Bang Theory have been recommended to me since forever, somehow I never got to watch them.

4 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 27th February 2013, 5:40 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Good episode this week but I tihnk they wasted some huge story potential with Jeanette, she only had 3 appearances versus the 6 of all Ted's previous GFs. She is Ted's most entertaining girlfriend since Victoria and the actress is an SNL veteran. But the show wasn't even renewed fro a 9th season till about last month.

5 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 7th March 2013, 5:36 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Quinn's coming back for a future episode Smile

6 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 19th March 2013, 11:16 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Wow, an episode that finally let me believe Barney and Robin can work as a couple. Now I admit I like the idea of the couple there both the wild cards of the series but only now have they finally explored what makes them compatible. Loved the Thomas Edison line.

7 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 15th May 2013, 3:10 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Great finale, this could've been a great poteinal end to the series, overall I'm happy with the last 2 episodes of the season. A little disappointed with lack of Barney but he had a great spotlight in the penultimate episode.

8 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 21st May 2013, 6:30 pm

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
It's been dragging for far too long and Seasons 5-8 aren't doing it for me. I'm just happy we're FINALLY getting somewhere with the mother! Still a great show though, Barney's awesome Twisted Evil

9 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 21st May 2013, 6:30 pm

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
Guys, what's your favorite episode? Mine's "Spoiler Alert", it was one of the funniest and most consistently hilarious episodes of the show (ironically, the best ones are the ones NOT about the mother).

10 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 22nd May 2013, 2:58 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Zero Degrees wrote:It's been dragging for far too long and Seasons 5-8 aren't doing it for me. I'm just happy we're FINALLY getting somewhere with the mother! Still a great show though, Barney's awesome Twisted Evil
well, by season 5 who the mother doesn't really matter and like MONK they abandon the plotline that launched the show for a different type of humor and drama that can sustain the show. They even use the narrator/older Ted less. I think season 5 was funny but lacked progression in character development for Ted. Season 6 and 7 were fun to watch because we some more diemension for Marshall and Lily. Season 8 is the best season yet because it returns to the motherplot and pushed the main 3 Ted,Marsall and Lily forward. I do feel that the writers have no idea where Robin fits into the story after she dates, she's basically a relationship that hols back Ted's abiity to move forward.

11 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 22nd May 2013, 9:30 am

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
mace23 wrote:well, by season 5 who the mother doesn't really matter and like MONK they abandon the plotline that launched the show for a different type of humor and drama that can sustain the show. They even use the narrator/older Ted less. I think season 5 was funny but lacked progression in character development for Ted. Season 6 and 7 were fun to watch because we some more diemension for Marshall and Lily. Season 8 is the best season yet because it returns to the motherplot and pushed the main 3 Ted,Marsall and Lily forward. I do feel that the writers have no idea where Robin fits into the story after she dates, she's basically a relationship that hols back Ted's abiity to move forward.
That's true, I'm just glad everything's back on track, even if some pieces are still a little misplaced. I do hope the big meet lives up to the immense 7 years of build-up. I'm just really curious as to which route they'd take to finally end the show.

I think the mother's appearance might suggest she'll be a main plot character throughout the next season, interacting with Ted, leading up to either them getting together or getting married... rather than just having her lie in the background and then the show ends as she meets Ted (which I'm afraid of since it would be anticlimactic, I wanna see them fall in love, not just meet and then get it over with, which is a huge cop-out.)

Anyway, story-wise, it's good, it's getting somewhere but it just isn't close to as funny as it used to be, in my opinion.

12 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 22nd May 2013, 10:53 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Zero Degrees wrote:
mace23 wrote:well, by season 5 who the mother doesn't really matter and like MONK they abandon the plotline that launched the show for a different type of humor and drama that can sustain the show. They even use the narrator/older Ted less. I think season 5 was funny but lacked progression in character development for Ted. Season 6 and 7 were fun to watch because we some more diemension for Marshall and Lily. Season 8 is the best season yet because it returns to the motherplot and pushed the main 3 Ted,Marsall and Lily forward. I do feel that the writers have no idea where Robin fits into the story after she dates, she's basically a relationship that hols back Ted's abiity to move forward.
That's true, I'm just glad everything's back on track, even if some pieces are still a little misplaced. I do hope the big meet lives up to the immense 7 years of build-up. I'm just really curious as to which route they'd take to finally end the show.

I think the mother's appearance might suggest she'll be a main plot character throughout the next season, interacting with Ted, leading up to either them getting together or getting married... rather than just having her lie in the background and then the show ends as she meets Ted (which I'm afraid of since it would be anticlimactic, I wanna see them fall in love, not just meet and then get it over with, which is a huge cop-out.)

Anyway, story-wise, it's good, it's getting somewhere but it just isn't close to as funny as it used to be, in my opinion.

Well the recent 12 episodes that aired feel more like the early seasons of the show IMO, so I'm pretty cool for it lasting another year. I'm also dieing to see what happens when Ted tells Robin before the wedding that he broke up with Victoria because he couldn't stop being friends with her. It's been foreshadowed.

As for favorite episodes The Best Burger in New York and Dowisetrepla are pretty fun Marshal episodes

13 Re: How I Met Your Mother on 2nd July 2013, 2:35 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Is all of HIMYM’s next season really going to take place in two days? — Karen
Yup. And exec producer Carter Bays tells me the premiere will also include a tiny time jump as well. “There’s a time jump of some sort in every episode of this show, so you can rest assured the premiere will be no different,” he says. “That being said, this next season in particular will feature some of the most non-linear episodes we’ve ever done.” There will be some exceptions, though. Hello, flashback eps!http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/16/ncis-downton-abbey-scandal-spoiler-room/2/

Plus the HIMYM crew at Comic Con Very Happy 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum