Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 4:14 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lame :(

27 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 7:10 am

Tsaklas

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Lame Sad
It seems to me kinda lame, maybe cause I also got bored on Bros in Space. But, I will give it a chance, maybe Astrodactyl amazes us.

http://www.icarlynewsandepisodes.blogspot.com

28 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 8:21 am

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Lame Sad

I really find it hard to be annoyed by this, really. So far all the content creators we've spoken to think that the character Rad is the biggest problem with the episodes being aired out of order.
Astrodactyl may have an unspecified introduction, if its anything like Toepick's introduction then it'll be fine.
Maybe I'm just taking this better because I'm not expecting more aliens this arc, I don't know.



Last edited by ZeroRecoil on 9th March 2013, 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

29 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 8:47 am

Mythix


Human
Human
ASTRODACTYL. Why does he need a jetpack?


_________________
http://galacticmonsters.tumblr.com

30 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 2:46 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Lame :(

I really find it hard to be annoyed by this, really. So far all the content creators we've spoken to think that the character Rad is the biggest problem with the episodes being aired out of order.
Astrodactyl may have an unspecified introduction, if its anything like Toepick's introduction then it'll be fine.
Maybe I'm just taking this better because I'm not expecting more aliens this arc, I don't know.

True


Anyway, this was a pretty great episode. Anothe 4 alien..er. But Psychbos was great and it appears that this was Astrodactyl's first appearance after all? He's really great, at any rate.

31 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 5:11 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
This episode was really good at plot, and the aliens were good
but they could've been used longer...
and the fact they could've put more aliens since everyone but Astrodactyl were used for 30 seconds...

32 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 5:27 pm

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Mind control - Yawn
Rook and his planet - Yawn
Astrodactyl - Major yawn. Seriously, this guy is just Jet Ray with stupid laser whip things. I mean how does that and the jet pack even make any sense for an alien transformation? Someone else said this earlier, but I'm also starting to think that Astro is just a re-design of Jet Ray that got rejected, so he got things added on to him to try and make him appear different.

Dr Psychbos was cool, but I'm getting really tired of all the frog references and the tongue stuff with Attea.

Pretty boring episode in my opinion.

33 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 6:14 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:Mind control - Yawn
Rook and his planet - Yawn
Astrodactyl - Major yawn. Seriously, this guy is just Jet Ray with stupid laser whip things. I mean how does that and the jet pack even make any sense for an alien transformation? Someone else said this earlier, but I'm also starting to think that Astro is just a re-design of Jet Ray that got rejected, so he got things added on to him to try and make him appear different.

Dr Psychbos was cool, but I'm getting really tired of all the frog references and the tongue stuff with Attea.

Pretty boring episode in my opinion.


Exactly who would reject Astrodactyl? They don't design things unless they need to. They have yet to need a Jet Ray. Derrick has final say on design anyway.

He's much better than Jet Ray, in any case. The design, voice and name are much better. And anyway, it's too early to say it doesn't make sense. And we could say that for Upgrade and Benvicktor anyway.

34 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 6:16 pm

Kariachi

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
I enjoyed the episode, but given that Rook is my 4th favorite character in the show and his family is slowly being added to the position that doesn't say much. Very Happy


_________________
Crack-pairing Writer specializing in Levinstar with a minor in Max/Devin study

Kinda Crazy, approach with Caution Twisted Evil

35 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 7:17 pm

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
Ehh. Not a big fan of Revonnah. Decent episode with good transformations, but that's about it.


_________________
http://shrek.com

36 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 7:21 pm

MaskedKitsune

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I enjoyed the episode.

Astrodactyl was cool, and it's also cool that Dr. Psychobos is back.

I wonder what Attea's planning with the mind control formula though. She said that it's not enough to control an entire planet, but it's enough for what she has planned. Maybe she's planning to use it on Ben or something?

37 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 7:24 pm

hafje


Human
Human
MaskedKitsune wrote:I enjoyed the episode.

Astrodactyl was cool, and it's also cool that Dr. Psychobos is back.

I wonder what Attea's planning with the mind control formula though. She said that it's not enough to control an entire planet, but it's enough for what she has planned. Maybe she's planning to use it on Ben or something?

Maybe she's planning to use it on her father and become the ruler of the incursions? Rolling Eyes

38 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 8:08 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
Attea once tried to overthrow her father. I wouldn't be surprised she would try that again.

39 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 8:19 pm

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:

Exactly who would reject Astrodactyl? They don't design things unless they need to. They have yet to need a Jet Ray. Derrick has final say on design anyway.

He's much better than Jet Ray, in any case. The design, voice and name are much better. And anyway, it's too early to say it doesn't make sense. And we could say that for Upgrade and Benvicktor anyway.

The network? I dunno, maybe it is a silly theory but, to me, they're really similar. They're both dinosaur-y, they both have the same colour scheme, they both fly, they both have laser powers of some kind...

Whether or not he's better than Jet Ray is pretty subjective to an individual.

Maybe it is too early, but at the moment it just looks a jetpack and weapon that have been slapped onto him, which is like having a human transformation come with a gun. This is totally unlike Upgrade, who is mechanical in nature and BenVicktor, who we saw get scanned from a specific specimen.

40 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 9:50 pm

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
ultraalien wrote:Attea once tried to overthrow her father. I wouldn't be surprised she would try that again.

Using it on Ben so she could make HIM overthrow her father ( king ) would be an even better idea.

What happens after she mind controls her father? She takes her army and gets beaten up by Ben and the most powerful weapon in the universe, a.k.a. The Omnitrix?

Yet I still think Attea will take the stupid option.

41 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 10:24 pm

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lukey wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:

Exactly who would reject Astrodactyl? They don't design things unless they need to. They have yet to need a Jet Ray. Derrick has final say on design anyway.

He's much better than Jet Ray, in any case. The design, voice and name are much better. And anyway, it's too early to say it doesn't make sense. And we could say that for Upgrade and Benvicktor anyway.

The network? I dunno, maybe it is a silly theory but, to me, they're really similar. They're both dinosaur-y, they both have the same colour scheme, they both fly, they both have laser powers of some kind...

Whether or not he's better than Jet Ray is pretty subjective to an individual.

Maybe it is too early, but at the moment it just looks a jetpack and weapon that have been slapped onto him, which is like having a human transformation come with a gun. This is totally unlike Upgrade, who is mechanical in nature and BenVicktor, who we saw get scanned from a specific specimen.


The jet pack looks pretty fleshy though, and besides, there are more examples throughout the series of aliens with natural mechanical body parts: ViktorStein, Armodrillo, Clockwork, ect.

Also there is no way that he is a Jetray design. Whether you think that Astrodactyl is similar or not is irrelevant, Derrick said that Jetray was one of the three designs that the team pre-planned not to include until after Arc 4. So sorry, they're just similar. And while Astrodactyl maybe Jetray inspired, Astie is just Astie, and it's just a coincidence.

42 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 10:58 pm

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
hafje wrote:
MaskedKitsune wrote:I enjoyed the episode.

Astrodactyl was cool, and it's also cool that Dr. Psychobos is back.

I wonder what Attea's planning with the mind control formula though. She said that it's not enough to control an entire planet, but it's enough for what she has planned. Maybe she's planning to use it on Ben or something?

Maybe she's planning to use it on her father and become the ruler of the incursions? Rolling Eyes
or to rape ben.

nah it obiustly for her father

43 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 11:30 pm

Kariachi

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
painlee wrote:
hafje wrote:
MaskedKitsune wrote:I enjoyed the episode.

Astrodactyl was cool, and it's also cool that Dr. Psychobos is back.

I wonder what Attea's planning with the mind control formula though. She said that it's not enough to control an entire planet, but it's enough for what she has planned. Maybe she's planning to use it on Ben or something?

Maybe she's planning to use it on her father and become the ruler of the incursions? Rolling Eyes
or to rape ben.

nah it obiustly for her father

Off topic, but I'd like to thank you for understanding that mindcontrol-smut equals rape. I've been seeing a lot of people lately who don't.

On topic, I'm thinking the formula is for Ben.

Also, Young One is best pony.

44 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 9th March 2013, 11:48 pm

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
This was one of my favorite episodes in the whole series. I might bother writing a review eventually.

45 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 10th March 2013, 12:07 am

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Fun fact of the day: Ben has never used an alien which first appeared in either the main UAF or OS shows on Revonah.

Also, who feels that Asti is going to become overused. I mean fliers are always overused but that hasn't really been seen in OV because they've neve has a consistent flier, but jump from one to the other when they begin to use one alien too much.
Hasn't anyone noticed that Crashhopper's overuse ended the moments Big Chill's began. It's well hidden as nobody thinks of CH as a flier but he fills the same roles.

46 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 10th March 2013, 12:08 am

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
Very Happy Astrodactyl is the new Fasttrack Smile

47 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 10th March 2013, 12:41 am

Ursalink


Plumber
Plumber
Saw the episode, I have a few comments this time:

+ Dr Psychobos' returns. I'm surprised he didn't propose Attea try to conquer Galvan Prime or something like that, but I guess it can still be possible to see it.

+ Another stupidity commited by Cartoon Network for not airing the episodes in the correct order. First, we had 16 years-old Feedback's debut without the explanation about how it returned. And now, we have something similar in this episode. Anyone else noticed Ben mentioned "Rad Dudesman" when they were traveling back to Revonnah?

+ How is it possible to turn a simple "battle suit" into a spaceship to travel between planets? Didn't you guys notice Young One's ship is one of Fisttrick's Mecha-Harvesters that he and the Muroids used to steal Amber Ogia from Revonnah?

+ I also suspect that the rest of Psychobos' mind control serum will play an important role in the arc's finale "The Frogs of War". I also have doubts about if Attea will use the serum on Ben or on her father. However, since she seems to have been planning the whole thing from a time ago, I think the most logical thing to suppose is that she will use it on her father. I mean, if Earth is the Incursians next target, why do waste it on Ben? Attea clearly knows that Ben will attack his father and his army to protect his home planet at any cost. So, she only has to wait for her chance, allow Ben to weaken her father, and then use the mind control serum on him; allowing her to overthrow his father and become the new empress of the empire. Doesn't sound this the most logical thing to do?

Well, opininons?

48 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 10th March 2013, 1:03 am

Kariachi

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Ursalink wrote:Saw the episode, I have a few comments this time:

+ Dr Psychobos' returns. I'm surprised he didn't propose Attea try to conquer Galvan Prime or something like that, but I guess it can still be possible to see it.

+ Another stupidity commited by Cartoon Network for not airing the episodes in the correct order. First, we had 16 years-old Feedback's debut without the explanation about how it returned. And now, we have something similar in this episode. Anyone else noticed Ben mentioned "Rad Dudesman" when they were traveling back to Revonnah?

+ How is it possible to turn a simple "battle suit" into a spaceship to travel between planets? Didn't you guys notice Young One's ship is one of Fisttrick's Mecha-Harvesters that he and the Muroids used to steal Amber Ogia from Revonnah?

+ I also suspect that the rest of Psychobos' mind control serum will play an important role in the arc's finale "The Frogs of War". I also have doubts about if Attea will use the serum on Ben or on her father. However, since she seems to have been planning the whole thing from a time ago, I think the most logical thing to suppose is that she will use it on her father. I mean, if Earth is the Incursians next target, why do waste it on Ben? Attea clearly knows that Ben will attack his father and his army to protect his home planet at any cost. So, she only has to wait for her chance, allow Ben to weaken her father, and then use the mind control serum on him; allowing her to overthrow his father and become the new empress of the empire. Doesn't sound this the most logical thing to do?

Well, opininons?

+ He'll probably work towards that, but first he needed access to the materials she could get him/needs to prove he's worth keeping around and listening to.

+ I noticed, but I'm gonna wait to truly pass judgement.

+ Young One, it seems, is just as smart as his brother.

+ That would make sense. A very high risk:high reward action, but it makes sense.

49 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 10th March 2013, 3:24 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
mace23 wrote: :D Astrodactyl is the new Fasttrack :)

How so? Excluding a couple of guys, reaction to Astrodactyl has been pretty positive. Besides, the fact that he's a flying alien and not a speed one (Speed being the most straightforward and rigid ability) means that he really can't be accused of being a rip-off, his powers being drastically different from previous fliers.

@ZeroRecoil: I dunno about that. I mean, I do think Astrodactyl has the possibility to become overused, and I don't particularly mind that, but I don't think Crashhopper fits in all that. If anything, Stinkfly and Heatblast do. With about two exceptions, Crashhopper wasn't really used for transport like a flier.

50 Re: WHILE YOU WERE AWAY SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 10th March 2013, 2:23 pm

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
i loved wend Gravaatack got stuck.



Last edited by painlee on 10th March 2013, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum