THE FROGS OF WAR SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101 Re: THE FROGS OF WAR SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 20th March 2013, 8:21 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
I don't see how the Incurseans posed such a problem. The Vreedle Brothers easily took them out. The only real threat humans had against them were the Way Bads. Although if we look at this from a logical standpoint the Plumbers could have just used the Null Void Projectors in the first place. The foot soldiers sucked. They have been shown time and time again to be taken out easily. Our fighter jets,tanks, missiles, etc... would do well. Not to mention the 1,000s of drones we have in the US sky alone. The Forever Knights would be pissed and most likely cause a HUGE rebellion. Dr. Animo would most likely want to take over these "frogs" and if they resist fight back. I feel like more than half of Ben's villains would fight back. It is foolish to believe someone like Hex, Clancy,or Darkstar would just take orders from Milleus. Not to mention Earth's heroes, the Plumbers, etc... No way this would happen if we looked at this from a logical standpoint. The Incurseans are not just gonna blow the Earth up because of rebellion. Rebellion has happened on several planets. (As shown in previous episodes) In conclusion, the entire threat of the Incurseans is illogical.

Where to begin...

The Vreedles took out a small force investigating the Anialarghh, not an entire planet conquering army. Besides, why would they care.
The Forever knights are currently disbanded.
Even in a real world situation, The military would not be able to do anything to the Incurseans, the chance of success would not be worth the lives lost against Pluto destroying technology.
Ben's villains would probably be too cowardly or just not care, they're not taking orders directly from Milleous, and if they cared enough to just team up and take over, then why have they never done that in Bellwood. They had all probably left, or benefiting from a corrupt rule, or they just couldn't care less.
Why would they not blow the Earth up? Rook knows that they want the planet for tactical positioning, but nobody else knows what's happened on Peptos, or Revohnna, or Vilgaxia or whatever planet Rad is going to be set on.

I would just like to finish off by saying that the Incurseans arn't weak, we've never seen there full strength, which is what they used against Earth.

102 Re: THE FROGS OF WAR SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 20th March 2013, 8:30 pm

Hawkeye & Hulk

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:
I don't see how the Incurseans posed such a problem. The Vreedle Brothers easily took them out. The only real threat humans had against them were the Way Bads. Although if we look at this from a logical standpoint the Plumbers could have just used the Null Void Projectors in the first place. The foot soldiers sucked. They have been shown time and time again to be taken out easily. Our fighter jets,tanks, missiles, etc... would do well. Not to mention the 1,000s of drones we have in the US sky alone. The Forever Knights would be pissed and most likely cause a HUGE rebellion. Dr. Animo would most likely want to take over these "frogs" and if they resist fight back. I feel like more than half of Ben's villains would fight back. It is foolish to believe someone like Hex, Clancy,or Darkstar would just take orders from Milleus. Not to mention Earth's heroes, the Plumbers, etc... No way this would happen if we looked at this from a logical standpoint. The Incurseans are not just gonna blow the Earth up because of rebellion. Rebellion has happened on several planets. (As shown in previous episodes) In conclusion, the entire threat of the Incurseans is illogical.

Where to begin...

The Vreedles took out a small force investigating the Anialarghh, not an entire planet conquering army. Besides, why would they care.
Even in a real world situation, The military would not be able to do anything to the Incurseans, the chance of success would not be worth the lives lost against Pluto destroying technology.
Ben's villains would probably be too cowardly or just not care, they're not taking orders directly from Milleous, and if they cared enough to just team up and take over, then why have they never done that in Bellwood. They had all probably left, or benefiting from a corrupt rule, or they just couldn't care less.
Why would they not blow the Earth up? Rook knows that they want the planet for tactical positioning, but nobody else knows what's happened on Peptos, or Revohnna, or Vilgaxia or whatever planet Rad is going to be set on.

I would just like to finish off by saying that the Incurseans arn't weak, we've never seen there full strength, which is what they used against Earth.
It is not that the villains would unite to take over but to not be oppresed. Its not like Ben 10 is oppressing them and disturbing there normal, daily lives. The Incurseans will/did/do. The Plumbers know what happened and they could tell the worlds nations. I mean think of Colonel Rozum and Leitenant Steel who no aliens are out there. (Steel and his group would put up a fight as well. I just remembered that) If they left, where would they go? A lot of Ben's villains only know Earth. Benefiting? Milleus and the Incurseans are in full control, upholding a totalitarian dictatorship. There is no way they can benifit. That would be like saying Chinese criminals flourished due to the introduction of Communism. Or the North Korean criminals flourished under a dictatorship. Which did the exact opposite. Wouldn't care less? Why would they not care? It is there life, home, and all some of them know. The Galactic Enforcers could have also gotten involved. I do not think any of Ben's foes are cowardly. The Forever Knights might still be around. Just because George is gone, does not mean they are not around. There are still Natzis in this world even though Adolf Hitler died many years ago.

103 Re: THE FROGS OF WAR SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 27th March 2013, 3:56 pm

Devil

Omniversed wrote:
Ursalink wrote:OK. I finally saw the episodes and I have to comment several things. First and foremost, I have to say these episodes were... AWESOME!!! I really liked the good combination they did with comedy and action; a perfect balance indeed. Now, allow me the review/comments:

1º) "The Frogs of War, Part 1":
+ When Undertown was discovered, I don't get why people got so freaked out. Didn't Bellwood's citizens already know that? I mean, they see aliens constantly, especially after Ben's secret identity was discovered. Shouldn't they have figured out that there were aliens living among them?
+ All that infuriated people after discovering Undertown, with posters like "Earth 4 earthlings" or "E.T. go home". This is exactly what I was suspecting it would happen. It convinces me about my theory of the 4th arc: the main villains will be somekind of "group of hate" aiming to eliminate all aliens from Earth. You know, similar to the Forever Knights, but more like a "modern militia". Because I'm sure not ALL humans will accept aliens, like the ones Ben found after making the female Way Bad fall as XLR8. Don't you think?
+ It's official! I already said that I hated Will Harangue more than I hate J Jonah Jameson as Spider-Man's fan. But now I want to break him in two!!! Not only he keeps trying to make Ben look like a villain, but he also sold himself to the Incursians; making them look like "heroes", especially after exiling "the menace of Ben Tennyson". Seriously, don't you wanna smashing at Hulk's style?
+ I have to say, the satellites creating a shield around the Earth to protect it was actually a very good idea from the Plumbers.
+ I really enjoyed when Ben as Water Hazard knocked out Will Harangue with its "water guns". (Too bad he couldn't punch him as Fourarms). As Water Hazard, Ben doesn't have a face we can recognize when he's angry, happy or sad. However, I'm sure that if he had an expressive face, we would have seen him smiling delighted. Don't you think?

+ I would really like to know why the hell the regular human armies didn't help the Plumbers against the Incursians during the Invasion. Are they stupid or what?
+ Ben's idea about making the Incursians spaceships to shoot between them; very heedless, but kind of cunning.
+ The Way Bads' army. OK, I have to admit that I didn't see this coming. I was convinced that Attea would try to use the mind control's serum on Ben or her father, but I guess that was too risky. Do you think these "feral monsters", as Psychobos called them, could be the Nemetrix's predators of Way Big? They could suit perfectly in the role, even although as mutants they are not "natural".
+ The female one particularly called my attention. I would really like to see an unmutated one, and then maybe becoming another alien girlfriend for Ben (this time as Way Big)?
+ The Way Bads were sent to the Null Void, so I highly doubt we have seen the last of them. Do you wanna bet that some other villain will try to use them as an army in the future? I think Vilgax will really like these monsters, don't you think?
+ I'm a little disappointed with Max in this episode. I understand his worries about losing his grandson, but he forced him to surrender even when he has seen Ben surviving worst things than just a crashing spaceship. Good examples, surviving all Vilgax's exploding ships; I guess that's a good thing Ben can have learnt from his archenemy, huh?

2º) "The Frogs of War, Part 2":
+ Some people thought Argit died because one of the promo images. As if! But after he betrayed Ben's team, I wouldn't be sad if that happens. Seeing him without any spike was really funny. He did something good for once in his life, and at the same time, he get a really well deserved punishment; when they filmed him naked and possibly uploaded the video on Internet.
+ "Bullfrag". I have read in the wikia that his name is a combination of "Bull", "Frog" and "Frag". Honestly, couldn't they figure it out the name is clearly based on the "american bullfrog"? Like I said before, infiltration in the enemy's troops was a very smart plan; just like when Ben used his Water Hazard's form to impersonate Bivalvan and trick Pandor. I hope we will see more of Bullfrag in the future, and maybe some new abilities not seen before of the Incursians. The "romance" between Ben as "Bullfrag" and Attea, I was sure it was going to happen. They are both the "best looking" specimens of their species, don't you think?But I'm with Kevin; even although it was really funny, it was also extremely disgusting. Not to mention Attea's goodbye kiss at the end.
+ "Blame this DNA", "That's what you boys always said". Seriously, Gwen? Well, I give Ben some credit in this case. Because I'm sure Ben would NEVER feel any attraction to Attea outside of the influence of the Incursian DNA. Just like he would have never laid eggs if it wasn't because of Big Chill's Necrofriggian DNA. It's cool to transform into aliens with awesome powers, but when the DNA impulses you to do things against your nature, fun is over.
+ Attea believed Ben would never be able to escape from himself, and that's why she sabotaged Ben's exile ship. But you know?, I'm pretty sure he would have managed to return to Earth, even without Attea's help. Especially when he has a little "Guardian Angel" called Azmuth, don't you think?

+ The scene when Way Big stomped on an announcement of Will Harangue with the Incursians, didn't you guys see a clear reference to "Ultimate Spider-Man" series here? As a recurring gag, Spiderman always destroys one of the announcements or big screens of J Jonah Jameson; the man who use the media to create a smear campaign against Spidey, just like Will Harangue does to Ben. I loved that scene!!
+ I almost kill myself laughing with Psychobos's defeat. They turned him into a cooked crabfish!! Makes you wonder how such "brilliant geniuses" are always defeated in such stupid ways. You can find another perfect example in Albedo.
+ The scene where Patelliday, Rook, Blukic and Driva shout "Null Void Projector" together... Don't you think they look a little dumb with that pose?
+ Attea revealing that this was all a plan of her to overthrow her father again... It didn't surprise me at all. I have been suspecting it ever since her return, and it was partially confirmed with her last words in "Vilgax must Croak". It bugs me the fact that she managed to get away clean; but in the other hand, maybe not. The Plumbers may have arrested Milleous, but what if he escape? I mean, villains are always escaping from Plumber's jails and the Null Void; villains like Vilgax, Psyphon, Fisttrick and others. Why won't Milleous be able to escape in the future too? Now Attea will have to live watching her back, every single minute of her live. Don't you think?
+ Finally, I'm surprised that no one has noticed something curious in the last minutes of this episode. Didn't you notice Ben's question mark above his head when Attea freed herself? Or the cartoonish faces that Ben, Gwen, Kevin and Max had when she revealed her whole scheme? Or Ben's face after Attea's kiss? They made me laugh, but I wasn't surprised, like I said before. But the point is that those cartoonish features is something we have never seen in this (or any other) series of Ben 10. It actually reminded me "Teen Titans" series.

Well, opinions?

Which is why I stated, and I'll say it again, why we need a Teen Titans and Ben 10 crossover, NOW. I don't care what it takes, just do it CN. I'd watch every single bit of it.

But to your opinion of the Ben X Attea moments: I honestly can say it's quite disgusting how things went down with that frog-style kiss, not to mention the flirting Ben did as Bullfrag, but I look past that as I would like these two as a possible pairing. It kind of appears to me that Attea now has a thing for Ben, even if he isn't Bullfrag. It's unlikely though, but I'll just have to wait and see I guess. Although, I would've liked it a lot more if Attea just grabbed Ben with her tongue and kissed him goodbye like a regular person would. But I digress, that would drive fans insane probably.

Attea does have a thing for Ben, and no is not unlikely. Attea didn't need to grabbed Ben with her tongue and kiss him like a normal person, the way Attea kiss Ben with her tongue pretty much says a lot if you know what i mean.

This was a great arc.

104 Re: THE FROGS OF WAR SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 10th April 2013, 5:40 am

Turbojake252

Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Hawkeye & Hulk wrote:

Where to begin...

Very, very valid points
and also don't forget
they did say that there were still uprising's and what not going on
people were fighting back
could be some villains teaming up to keep their turf

105 Re: THE FROGS OF WAR SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 10th April 2013, 5:45 am

Turbojake252

Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:OK. I finally saw the episodes and I have to comment several things. First and foremost, I have to say these episodes were... AWESOME!!! I really liked the good combination they did with comedy and action; a perfect balance indeed. Now, allow me the review/comments:

1º) "The Frogs of War, Part 1":
+ When Undertown was discovered, I don't get why people got so freaked out. Didn't Bellwood's citizens already know that? I mean, they see aliens constantly, especially after Ben's secret identity was discovered. Shouldn't they have figured out that there were aliens living among them?
+ All that infuriated people after discovering Undertown, with posters like "Earth 4 earthlings" or "E.T. go home". This is exactly what I was suspecting it would happen. It convinces me about my theory of the 4th arc: the main villains will be somekind of "group of hate" aiming to eliminate all aliens from Earth. You know, similar to the Forever Knights, but more like a "modern militia". Because I'm sure not ALL humans will accept aliens, like the ones Ben found after making the female Way Bad fall as XLR8. Don't you think?
+ It's official! I already said that I hated Will Harangue more than I hate J Jonah Jameson as Spider-Man's fan. But now I want to break him in two!!! Not only he keeps trying to make Ben look like a villain, but he also sold himself to the Incursians; making them look like "heroes", especially after exiling "the menace of Ben Tennyson". Seriously, don't you wanna smashing at Hulk's style?
+ I have to say, the satellites creating a shield around the Earth to protect it was actually a very good idea from the Plumbers.
+ I really enjoyed when Ben as Water Hazard knocked out Will Harangue with its "water guns". (Too bad he couldn't punch him as Fourarms). As Water Hazard, Ben doesn't have a face we can recognize when he's angry, happy or sad. However, I'm sure that if he had an expressive face, we would have seen him smiling delighted. Don't you think?

+ I would really like to know why the hell the regular human armies didn't help the Plumbers against the Incursians during the Invasion. Are they stupid or what?
+ Ben's idea about making the Incursians spaceships to shoot between them; very heedless, but kind of cunning.
+ The Way Bads' army. OK, I have to admit that I didn't see this coming. I was convinced that Attea would try to use the mind control's serum on Ben or her father, but I guess that was too risky. Do you think these "feral monsters", as Psychobos called them, could be the Nemetrix's predators of Way Big? They could suit perfectly in the role, even although as mutants they are not "natural".
+ The female one particularly called my attention. I would really like to see an unmutated one, and then maybe becoming another alien girlfriend for Ben (this time as Way Big)?
+ The Way Bads were sent to the Null Void, so I highly doubt we have seen the last of them. Do you wanna bet that some other villain will try to use them as an army in the future? I think Vilgax will really like these monsters, don't you think?
+ I'm a little disappointed with Max in this episode. I understand his worries about losing his grandson, but he forced him to surrender even when he has seen Ben surviving worst things than just a crashing spaceship. Good examples, surviving all Vilgax's exploding ships; I guess that's a good thing Ben can have learnt from his archenemy, huh?

2º) "The Frogs of War, Part 2":
+ Some people thought Argit died because one of the promo images. As if! But after he betrayed Ben's team, I wouldn't be sad if that happens. Seeing him without any spike was really funny. He did something good for once in his life, and at the same time, he get a really well deserved punishment; when they filmed him naked and possibly uploaded the video on Internet.
+ "Bullfrag". I have read in the wikia that his name is a combination of "Bull", "Frog" and "Frag". Honestly, couldn't they figure it out the name is clearly based on the "american bullfrog"? Like I said before, infiltration in the enemy's troops was a very smart plan; just like when Ben used his Water Hazard's form to impersonate Bivalvan and trick Pandor. I hope we will see more of Bullfrag in the future, and maybe some new abilities not seen before of the Incursians. The "romance" between Ben as "Bullfrag" and Attea, I was sure it was going to happen. They are both the "best looking" specimens of their species, don't you think?But I'm with Kevin; even although it was really funny, it was also extremely disgusting. Not to mention Attea's goodbye kiss at the end.
+ "Blame this DNA", "That's what you boys always said". Seriously, Gwen? Well, I give Ben some credit in this case. Because I'm sure Ben would NEVER feel any attraction to Attea outside of the influence of the Incursian DNA. Just like he would have never laid eggs if it wasn't because of Big Chill's Necrofriggian DNA. It's cool to transform into aliens with awesome powers, but when the DNA impulses you to do things against your nature, fun is over.
+ Attea believed Ben would never be able to escape from himself, and that's why she sabotaged Ben's exile ship. But you know?, I'm pretty sure he would have managed to return to Earth, even without Attea's help. Especially when he has a little "Guardian Angel" called Azmuth, don't you think?

+ The scene when Way Big stomped on an announcement of Will Harangue with the Incursians, didn't you guys see a clear reference to "Ultimate Spider-Man" series here? As a recurring gag, Spiderman always destroys one of the announcements or big screens of J Jonah Jameson; the man who use the media to create a smear campaign against Spidey, just like Will Harangue does to Ben. I loved that scene!!
+ I almost kill myself laughing with Psychobos's defeat. They turned him into a cooked crabfish!! Makes you wonder how such "brilliant geniuses" are always defeated in such stupid ways. You can find another perfect example in Albedo.
+ The scene where Patelliday, Rook, Blukic and Driva shout "Null Void Projector" together... Don't you think they look a little dumb with that pose?
+ Attea revealing that this was all a plan of her to overthrow her father again... It didn't surprise me at all. I have been suspecting it ever since her return, and it was partially confirmed with her last words in "Vilgax must Croak". It bugs me the fact that she managed to get away clean; but in the other hand, maybe not. The Plumbers may have arrested Milleous, but what if he escape? I mean, villains are always escaping from Plumber's jails and the Null Void; villains like Vilgax, Psyphon, Fisttrick and others. Why won't Milleous be able to escape in the future too? Now Attea will have to live watching her back, every single minute of her live. Don't you think?
+ Finally, I'm surprised that no one has noticed something curious in the last minutes of this episode. Didn't you notice Ben's question mark above his head when Attea freed herself? Or the cartoonish faces that Ben, Gwen, Kevin and Max had when she revealed her whole scheme? Or Ben's face after Attea's kiss? They made me laugh, but I wasn't surprised, like I said before. But the point is that those cartoonish features is something we have never seen in this (or any other) series of Ben 10. It actually reminded me "Teen Titans" series.

Well, opinions?

Three points
1. not so sure about the Way Big girlfriend theory
as much trouble as Ben's having with girls a To'Kustar on might not be such a good idea albeit interesting however.
and also in that area I agree with you
a normal female To'Kustar should be interesting to see
I'm glad they're showing more of Ben's aliens in open settings
I know it was something I asked Dwayne about on the last forum
we're seeing more Kinecelerans than any other series
Tetramand's, To'Kustars, Gourmands and plenty others

2. Someone definitely should take control over the Way Bads
not that Vilgax is free again it sounds like something he'd do
I'd watch it

3. In mention of your Teen Titan's reference this episode reminds me of The End

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]