Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd February 2014, 5:42 pm

Richard 10: Swampfire

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix wrote:
Ursalink wrote:Detailed spoilers, please? What happened here and how all these villains appeared at the same time?
Charmcaster and Z'Skayr appeared at the very end.
The nerd Dante (the red haired nerd) = Darkstar in disguise, he had a cult in the college classes.
Ben's Ghostfreak luckily isn't controlled by Zs'Skayr, officially making them individuals.
The jocks are even smart.
Ben got a College Degree so now he doesn't need to go to college.
Gwen has a secret identity (Aka Lucky Girl, aka the anodite form)
Ben and Rook are now both getting the fame instead of just Ben.
Zed's name is announced in the episode.

The name was announced for a second time, it was mentioned in For A Few Brains More.


_________________
Snare-Oh: I don't even remember what this one does.
Verk: Clockverk? Zis is rediculous!
Four Arms: Okay, I wanted to so this the easy way, but the hard way is okay too.

52 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd February 2014, 6:59 pm

MaskedKitsune

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Noticed that Ghostfreak sounds a lot less raspy and villainous.

Which is fitting, since he's not Zs'Skayr anymore.

53 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd February 2014, 7:15 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Well that was a great episode. It really used UA's lore to great effect and the humor and dialogue and really the everything was incredibly enjoyable. Easily one of my favorite episodes of the entire franchise to date.

54 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd February 2014, 7:39 pm

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
One of the best Omniverse episode yet.

We got continuity reference from from OS,AF and UA

Michael character was nicely done,he one of my favorite villains in the franchise

Two of his henchmen looked like Raven and Jinx from Teen Titans

Wile it was lacking alien the character interaction was awesome.

I hate Sunskin Ghostfreak design i prefer his OS/UA design.

The episode ending was one of the best so far.



_________________

55 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd February 2014, 8:42 pm

Tammar

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
It's a decent episode.
The endings with Charmcaster and Zs'skayr were awesome.
Ghostfreak was great, although his voice is not that good, but I could get used to it.
It seems that they're going towards the OS future because of Gwendolyn and the Charms which I don't really like because Kai and evil Kevin.

Also, Doctor Tennyson O_o

56 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd February 2014, 9:31 pm

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Zagliv was Steven Blum, right? Wonderfully fitting.

As others have said, the use of UA events as a pivot into better things is being done well.

Also this may be an unpopular opinion, but I like new Ghostfreak in action, he looks weird in pretty much all stills but he moves quite well.

57 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 2:12 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Well we come to it at last, Omniverse is touching on the parts of UA that old DD like the most. I haven't been kind to this show, and I think it gave up a lot of what made its predecessor great in favor a stupid kind of humor the original series never stooped to.

That being said I'm not posting to this re hash that old argument again.

This wasn't a bad episode. It wasn't AF or UA level goodness but it's the best we've had since billy billions first appearance.

It was good because it built on the past and didn't ignore or trivialize it. Granted it wasn't as smart as it could have been. Anyone know of a good reason for Gwen to start going by Gwendolyn other then the Ben "10,000" episode of the original series said she'd done that since college? Their was not build up, no reasoning behind it, and it felt forced. The Scooby Doo gags where out of place and stupid.

Oh and the initials of Gwen's school are F U

F U to Omniverse  F U


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

58 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 3:40 am

BelBen10OV

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
I like the fact that now Ben is Dr. Tennyson Smile

59 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 3:52 am

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
Tammar wrote:It's a decent episode.
The endings with Charmcaster and Zs'skayr were awesome.
Ghostfreak was great, although his voice is not that good, but I could get used to it.
It seems that they're going towards the OS future because of Gwendolyn and the Charms which I don't really like because Kai and evil Kevin.

Also, Doctor Tennyson O_o

man i hope it doesn't, i prefer Kevin being good but i doupt it as Ben 10,000 seems to have 2 different Omnitrixs.


_________________

60 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 3:55 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
painlee wrote:
Tammar wrote:It's a decent episode.
The endings with Charmcaster and Zs'skayr were awesome.
Ghostfreak was great, although his voice is not that good, but I could get used to it.
It seems that they're going towards the OS future because of Gwendolyn and the Charms which I don't really like because Kai and evil Kevin.

Also, Doctor Tennyson O_o

man i hope it doesn't, i prefer Kevin being good but i doupt it as Ben 10,000 seems to have 2 different Omnitrixs.

According to Derrick it is, just farther into the future, which is why he has the Biomnitrix.

I'll admit that I am confused about how Kevin fits into that, and concerned as to how it might be handled. I assume next arc will shed a lot of light into that, though. We'll see.

61 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 4:30 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:Well we come to it at last, Omniverse is touching on the parts of UA that old DD like the most. I haven't been kind to this show, and I think it gave up a lot of what made its predecessor great in favor a stupid kind of humor the original series never stooped to.

That being said I'm not posting to this re hash that old argument again.

This wasn't a bad episode. It wasn't AF or UA level goodness but it's the best we've had since billy billions first appearance.

It was good because it built on the past and didn't ignore or trivialize it. Granted it wasn't as smart as it could have been. Anyone know of a good reason for Gwen to start going by Gwendolyn other then the Ben "10,000" episode of the original series said she'd done that since college? Their was not build up, no reasoning behind it, and it felt forced. The Scooby Doo gags where out of place and stupid.

Oh and the initials of Gwen's school are F U

F U to Omniverse  F U

Men dont say me that you like all the try of Feminist stereotype thing that UA doe with her, Omniverse yes have a lot of humor but remenber the OS always is gonna to be better that the spin off, doesnt care what you like and what i doesnt like, the OS started all and is sad that you say that a crappy spin off like UA or AF, have all the chances but destroy and change so many things without sense is really better that Omniverse.

Men UA destroy and changes Chamcaster, she was good like a wicht, like a human with magic, i dont know why in UA they have to change the past, the name and put all that crap only to fill space between the episodes of the Diagon Arc.

Is good that Chamcaster will never be called again Hope and that she is a wicht again, the humor never will bad in Ben 10, because Ben 10 always was a show with jokes, rhe thing is that in AF and UA the jokes was really bad bur where there and now the jokes makes sense.

And plus Gwen want to be called Gwendolyn because she is in the university, she wants some respet and want to be an adult and pass to one side her hero side when she study.

62 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 4:50 am

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
AleSIr19 wrote:
datdude wrote:Well we come to it at last, Omniverse is touching on the parts of UA that old DD like the most. I haven't been kind to this show, and I think it gave up a lot of what made its predecessor great in favor a stupid kind of humor the original series never stooped to.

That being said I'm not posting to this re hash that old argument again.

This wasn't a bad episode. It wasn't AF or UA level goodness but it's the best we've had since billy billions first appearance.

It was good because it built on the past and didn't ignore or trivialize it. Granted it wasn't as smart as it could have been. Anyone know of a good reason for Gwen to start going by Gwendolyn other then the Ben "10,000" episode of the original series said she'd done that since college? Their was not build up, no reasoning behind it, and it felt forced. The Scooby Doo gags where out of place and stupid.

Oh and the initials of Gwen's school are F U

F U to Omniverse  F U

Men dont say me that you like all the try of Feminist stereotype thing that UA doe with her, Omniverse yes have a lot of humor but remenber the OS always is gonna to be better that the spin off, doesnt care what you like and what i doesnt like, the OS started all and is sad that you say that a crappy spin off like UA or AF, have all the chances but destroy and change so many things without sense is really better that Omniverse.

Men UA destroy and changes Chamcaster, she was good like a wicht, like a human with magic, i dont know why in UA they have to change the past, the name and put all that crap only to fill space between the episodes of the Diagon Arc.

Is good that Chamcaster will never be called again Hope and that she is a wicht again, the humor never will bad in Ben 10, because Ben 10 always was a show with jokes, rhe thing is that in AF and UA the jokes was really bad bur where there and now the jokes makes sense.

And plus Gwen want to be called Gwendolyn because she is in the university, she wants some respet and want to be an adult and pass to one side her hero side when she study.



the OS was mostly awful the stand alone episode were the worst than any of the other series and the stupid what if episodes were waste.


_________________

63 The time was 2012, the place your mother's house on 23rd February 2014, 5:02 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
Ah, nah. The OS was pretty good overall and certainly had more freedom and more character as a result of that. Definitely beats out UAF imo, though this is neither the right place or time for that particular discussion.

64 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 5:14 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
AleSIr19

Charmcaster got flushed out in AF and UA nothing as changed that we ever saw on screen.

Im going to cut this post short or ill end up bringing up the old arguments again.


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

65 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 5:32 am

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I really hope Ben 10K isn't actually their future as it makes no sense within continuity for a number of reasons.

66 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 5:45 am

MekongTiger

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The funniest parts of the episode is when Rook removed Xagliv's wig and Ben gets an Honorary Degree.

And because they revealed it in this episode, this is how Lucky Girl should be portrayed in the Ben 10 franchise. The way they portrayed her in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien was all wrong!

67 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 5:49 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
ntkyeung wrote:The funniest parts of the episode is when Rook removed Xagliv's wig and Ben gets an Honorary Degree.

And because they revealed it in this episode, this is how Lucky Girl should be portrayed in the Ben 10 franchise. The way they portrayed her in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien was all wrong!

How so?


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

68 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 6:01 am

MekongTiger

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:
ntkyeung wrote:The funniest parts of the episode is when Rook removed Xagliv's wig and Ben gets an Honorary Degree.

And because they revealed it in this episode, this is how Lucky Girl should be portrayed in the Ben 10 franchise. The way they portrayed her in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien was all wrong!

How so?

Lucky Girl had insufficient depth and screentime in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. She only appeared in one short scene in the episodes "Time Heals" and "Enemy of my Frenemy" and never fought any villians.

In Omniverse, Lucky Girl appeared in one scene in "Many Happy Returns" and had a generous amount of screentime in "Mud is Thicker than Water" and "Mystery Incorporeal". Gwen even says that she prefers to keep her Lucky Girl personality a secret in "Mystery Incorporeal", she never said that in AF nor UA.

69 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 6:37 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
ntkyeung wrote:
datdude wrote:
ntkyeung wrote:The funniest parts of the episode is when Rook removed Xagliv's wig and Ben gets an Honorary Degree.

And because they revealed it in this episode, this is how Lucky Girl should be portrayed in the Ben 10 franchise. The way they portrayed her in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien was all wrong!

How so?

Lucky Girl had insufficient depth and screentime in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. She only appeared in one short scene in the episodes "Time Heals" and "Enemy of my Frenemy" and never fought any villians.

In Omniverse, Lucky Girl appeared in one scene in "Many Happy Returns" and had a generous amount of screentime in "Mud is Thicker than Water" and "Mystery Incorporeal". Gwen even says that she prefers to keep her Lucky Girl personality a secret in "Mystery Incorporeal", she never said that in AF nor UA.

OK I can actually agree with this. Gwen was just Gwen most of the time in Af and UA we onely saw her in the suit once or twice. In a show about transforming ( the watch kevins absorbing power could be seen as a transformation) we only really see Gwen transform into that anodite form I've never really been a fan of.

Its nice to see Gwen get a proper Alt mode I guess .


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

70 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 9:50 am

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Loved, loved, loved the references here.  squee 

That Poe statue with the raven, the Miskatonic food that makes you go insane because it's so good (which is a reference to the Miskatonic University from Lovecraft), the Scooby-Doo puns...full of horror fiction homages in this episode.

Come to think of it, Ben 10 has along the years referenced everything from superhero fiction and science fiction to horror and sitcoms.

71 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 3:11 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
ntkyeung wrote:
datdude wrote:
ntkyeung wrote:The funniest parts of the episode is when Rook removed Xagliv's wig and Ben gets an Honorary Degree.

And because they revealed it in this episode, this is how Lucky Girl should be portrayed in the Ben 10 franchise. The way they portrayed her in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien was all wrong!

How so?

Lucky Girl had insufficient depth and screentime in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. She only appeared in one short scene in the episodes "Time Heals" and "Enemy of my Frenemy" and never fought any villians.

In Omniverse, Lucky Girl appeared in one scene in "Many Happy Returns" and had a generous amount of screentime in "Mud is Thicker than Water" and "Mystery Incorporeal". Gwen even says that she prefers to keep her Lucky Girl personality a secret in "Mystery Incorporeal", she never said that in AF nor UA.
well she did wear a overcoat and hat and took off the mask in time heals maybe that could be a sign of he trying to keep it a secret


_________________


72 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 5:40 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Sebastian13 wrote:Come to think of it, Ben 10 has along the years referenced everything from superhero fiction and science fiction to horror and sitcoms.
Yeah, a lot of people don't notice that. To name a few Ben 10 had examples like Billy and Mandy, Naruto, and Ultraman; Alien Force had references to Alien, The Fly, and Seinfeld; and Ultimate Alien had references to Lovecraft, Captain Planet, and Ultraman Tiga. Omniverse has probably the most of all series so far: the titles are usually a reference to another show or film and DJW sneaks in many cameos to his prior works. Some standout references though would be the Scooby Doo littered throughout this episode, Thunderpig, and Cow and Chicken.

73 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 6:02 pm

Sir_Ronald


Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:Yeah, I mean DJW said a lot of stuff like them erasing Primus and how he hates a lot of elements UAF and that got me nervous about them bending continuity. I actually wondered if they'd just throw Charmcaster at the audience without acknowledging any aspect of "Hope" but DJW is just one head out there working on the show.

While some decisions like axing Julie from the cast are bad I've found that Omniverse is in general faithful to all incarnations and doesn't shred up continuity but enhance it. I'm glad they're calling her Charmcaster and giving her the old outfit(granted with aspects of AUF's design) and that Darkstar's usage of the charm implies they aren't just going to ignore all her character development.

They aren't going to ignore her development but they apparently are going to completely downplay mention of the actual past events, and the name "Hope" will never be said again. Just as well, I've always liked the name "Charmcaster" better.

datdude wrote:AleSIr19
Charmcaster got flushed out in AF and UA nothing as changed that we ever saw on screen.

I think you mean fleshed out.  Razz

74 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 6:22 pm

MekongTiger

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:Come to think of it, Ben 10 has along the years referenced everything from superhero fiction and science fiction to horror and sitcoms.
Yeah, a lot of people don't notice that. To name a few Ben 10 had examples like Billy and Mandy, Naruto, and Ultraman; Alien Force had references to Alien, The Fly, and Seinfeld; and Ultimate Alien had references to Lovecraft, Captain Planet, and Ultraman Tiga. Omniverse has probably the most of all series so far: the titles are usually a reference to another show or film and DJW sneaks in many cameos to his prior works. Some standout references though would be the Scooby Doo littered throughout this episode, Thunderpig, and Cow and Chicken.

Speaking of references in the Ben 10 franchise, I wish they would do a homage of The Last of Us and I personally want Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson to work together in a Ben 10 episode or movie.

75 Re: MYSTERY INCORPOREAL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd February 2014, 7:37 pm

Richard 10: Swampfire

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
ntkyeung wrote:
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:Come to think of it, Ben 10 has along the years referenced everything from superhero fiction and science fiction to horror and sitcoms.
Yeah, a lot of people don't notice that. To name a few Ben 10 had examples like Billy and Mandy, Naruto, and Ultraman; Alien Force had references to Alien, The Fly, and Seinfeld; and Ultimate Alien had references to Lovecraft, Captain Planet, and Ultraman Tiga. Omniverse has probably the most of all series so far: the titles are usually a reference to another show or film and DJW sneaks in many cameos to his prior works. Some standout references though would be the Scooby Doo littered throughout this episode, Thunderpig, and Cow and Chicken.

Speaking of references in the Ben 10 franchise, I wish they would do a homage of The Last of Us and I personally want Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson to work together in a Ben 10 episode or movie.

Also in the land of references, UA also had X-Files references in the same episode with the Captain Planet reference. And it seems that An American Benwolf in London has some Doctor Who references it it, which is an extremely good thing, imo.


_________________
Snare-Oh: I don't even remember what this one does.
Verk: Clockverk? Zis is rediculous!
Four Arms: Okay, I wanted to so this the easy way, but the hard way is okay too.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum