In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AN AMERICAN BENWOLF IN LONDON SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

MaskedKitsune

Plumber
Plumber
Okay, so David Kaye did a good job taking over for Tim Curry.

And lol at Dr. Jekyll being a Forever Knight.

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Been waiting for this since TOS . . . . I didnt really like Kai in her original appearance lets hope this is one of those Omniverse eps i dont mind.

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Woo. Episode is almost out and we only know about Humungousaur and Blitzwolfer! Rad. This arc so far has been able to deal out lots of rad alien surprises, and I expect this to be no different. And the stills look great, it's nice to finally see Kai again.

Tammar

Plumber
Plumber
O_o How does Kai have Ben's number?

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Woo. Episode is almost out and we only know about Humungousaur and Blitzwolfer! Rad. This arc so far has been able to deal out lots of rad alien surprises, and I expect this to be no different. And the stills look great, it's nice to finally see Kai again.

Well, and Four Arms

painlee

Magister
Magister
Tammar wrote:O_o How does Kai have Ben's number?

beats me i am pretty sure he did not had a phone back then on top of that his 10yrs old picture on a smart phone.

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
painlee wrote:

beats me i am pretty sure he did not had a phone back then on top of that his 10yrs old picture on a smart phone.
we dont know for sure if he had a phone

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber
beczam1290 wrote:
painlee wrote:

beats me i am pretty sure he did not had a phone back then on top  of that his 10yrs old picture on a smart phone.
we dont know for sure if he had a phone
Don't forget were mostly dealing with 11 year old Ben in flashbacks.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Woo. Episode is almost out and we only know about Humungousaur and Blitzwolfer! Rad. This arc so far has been able to deal out lots of rad alien surprises, and I expect this to be no different. And the stills look great, it's nice to finally see Kai again.

Well, and Four Arms

I guess! Still only 3 aliens, which I doubt is all

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Well, poopy. It wasn't Blitzwolfer, Humungousaur and Four Arms, it was Blitzwolfer, Humungousaur, Four Arms and.....Four Arms.

Blitzwolfer aside a downright bad selection of aliens, quantity wise at least. Considering they namedrop Walkatrout early on I was REALLY hoping he would show up, but I guess not.

The rest of the episode was just about perfect, however. It was funny, good action-wise, and Kai is actually pretty interesting.

painlee

Magister
Magister
Ben renaming Benwolf scene was epic ,Ben trying to pull the Excalibur reminded me of Hulk trying to grab Mjonir from the avengers movie.

Richard 10: Swampfire

Plumber
Plumber
So I'm guessing the only alien who isn't exactly boring in this episode is Blitzwolfer. I have yet to see this episode... but I hope it's as good as I've been hearing...

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Overall this episode was ok...
Good moments:
Walkatrout and Diagon elements being mentioned
Blitzwolfer named onscreen
Blitzwolfer has a transformation sequence and a epic debut
Four Arms is used (he didn't get any attention in Arch 3 so I'm glad he's getting some lately)
Ben trying to impress Kai again = lol

The annoying moments:
Ben is still not over Kai
Ben uses 3 aliens again in a Kai related episode
A flying alien wasn't used before Blitzwolfer
There's no other Forever Knights besides those 5

Richard 10: Swampfire

Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix wrote:There's no other Forever Knights besides those 5

Because all the others are dead.

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Richard 10: Eyeris wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:There's no other Forever Knights besides those 5

Because all the others are dead.
I know but I was expecting a few more Knights to be alive, or them hiring new Knights.

PeruAlonso

Plumber
Plumber
I think the best thing about this morning's episode was the return of Kai. After the end of Benlie, I now support BenKai. I think they can work things out sometime. It could lead to the best future ever. Ben and Kai and Gwen and Kevin getting married in the future (if Kevin stays a good guy) and having kids, especially Ken (Ben 10,000's future son).

painlee

Magister
Magister
i liked Kai characterization in this episode better than the original one but do every long haired character need a pony tail?.

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
wow that was an incredibly mediogre alien set

and an incredibly okay episode

(kai and humungo were perfect though <3<3<3)

painlee

Magister
Magister
Ebomnitrix wrote:Overall this episode was ok...
Good moments:
Four Arms is used (he didn't get any attention in Arch 3 so I'm glad he's getting some lately)

The annoying moments:

in which part the was Diagon elements being mentioned?

Let Me Tell You Something

Plumber
Plumber
Kai was certainly more likable this episode, but I also enjoyed her granddad a lot. Blitz Wolfer being the inspiration for Blitzwolfer, coupled with the "old Jewish uncle" accent he now has, was actually pretty funny. The Howl's Moving Castle reference actually went over my head the first time but it's certainly an amusing one.

The character interactions, especially their ones with the Forever Knights towards the end were really nice. The only thing that felt a bit stale was the tired "she/he is not my girl/boyfriend" schtick and how the climax felt just a little non-climactic. Also I'm not as into the "must have x many aliens each episode" thing as some but I was expecting an alien montage for the sword pulling scene and was disappointed it didn't deliver. Overall good episode IMO.

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
painlee wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:Overall this episode was ok...
Good moments:

The annoying moments:

Nvm I watched it again, I thought Diagon was mentioned

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix wrote:
painlee wrote:

Lets be honest when they were talking about an ancient British Sword from legend everyone mentally thought "Ascalon"!

painlee

Magister
Magister
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:
painlee wrote:

Lets be honest when they were talking about an ancient British Sword from legend everyone mentally thought "Ascalon"!
of course we did and i actually was hoping that Ascalon was gonna be mentioned but was disappointed by the end of the episode.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:Kai was certainly more likable this episode, but I also enjoyed her granddad a lot. Blitz Wolfer being the inspiration for Blitzwolfer, coupled with the "old Jewish uncle" accent he now has, was actually pretty funny. The Howl's Moving Castle reference actually went over my head the first time but it's certainly an amusing one.

The character interactions, especially their ones with the Forever Knights towards the end were really nice. The only thing that felt a bit stale was the tired "she/he is not my girl/boyfriend" schtick and how the climax felt just a little non-climactic. Also I'm not as into the "must have x many aliens each episode" thing as some but I was expecting an alien montage for the sword pulling scene and was disappointed it didn't deliver. Overall good episode IMO.

To be honest while I am bothered by how few aliens there were I'm more bothered by the fact that one of them was a repeat. I don't like repeated aliens in general, not even in episodes with lots and lots of aliens. Here, with only 4 transformations in the entire episode, having a repeat just feels cheap. There is no reason they couldn't have used, say, Rath instead of a second Four Arms. Or a montage, like you suggested.

Tammar

Plumber
Plumber
The episode was fine, my 3rd favorite this arc.
It was good to see Kai return and to see what happened over the past 6 years. Wes was also cool.
The aliens were very bad, except for Blitz.
Although, we expected a whole lot of Blitz in this episode, but it didn't live to our expectations.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum