CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 1:28 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Sebastian13 wrote:
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Yes Omniverse completely disregards what came before it when it comes to characters, and they definitely aren't anything like their past versions. UAF was perfect though, and its characters were always entirely consistent with previous incarnations and its modus operandi was definitely not ignoring everything in the past at any opportunity. Yes siree. UAF was so respectful to the source material. So. Darn. Respectful. There's no way that the OV characters are closer to the UAF ones than UAF ones were to OS. Nope. UAF was too consistent  with the OS for that, buddy.

Seconded. Back in the day UAF annoyed me too about all the changes. Now...I don't actually mind anymore, so long as it's good (and at least half-explained) it can be changed.

People change in 5 years especally in the years from 10-15  Rolling Eyes 

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

102 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 3:14 pm

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
datdude wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Yes Omniverse completely disregards what came before it when it comes to characters, and they definitely aren't anything like their past versions. UAF was perfect though, and its characters were always entirely consistent with previous incarnations and its modus operandi was definitely not ignoring everything in the past at any opportunity. Yes siree. UAF was so respectful to the source material. So. Darn. Respectful. There's no way that the OV characters are closer to the UAF ones than UAF ones were to OS. Nope. UAF was too consistent  with the OS for that, buddy.

Seconded. Back in the day UAF annoyed me too about all the changes. Now...I don't actually mind anymore, so long as it's good (and at least half-explained) it can be changed.

Sure, but some changes were still too drastic to buy (KEVIN).

I personally think no incarnation of the show is faithful to one another. They're all so radically different.

103 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 4:46 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Sir_Ronald wrote:
datdude wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

I personally think no incarnation of the show is faithful to one another. They're all so radically different.

For real? You'd think it would be a better show if Kevin was frothing at the mouth crazy, Gwen was just Hex/Charmcaster in a white hat, and Ben was just a preteen at heart if not still actually a preteen?

Am I the only one around here that liked everything they threw out at the start of Omniverse?

104 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 7:04 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
datdude wrote:
Sir_Ronald wrote:
datdude wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

People change in 5 years especally in the years from 10-15  :roll: 

For real? You'd think it would be a better show if Kevin was frothing at the mouth crazy, Gwen was just Hex/Charmcaster in a white hat, and Ben was just a preteen at heart if not still actually a preteen?

Am I the only one around here that liked everything they threw out at the start of Omniverse?

I think it would have been a better show if Kevin actually showed signs of being Kevin instead of some other guy they just found laying around, yes. Same with most other characters. It is true that people change over 5 years, but the way they did it is lazy and uninspired, and a lot of the stuff that "changed" didn't even make any sense. (Exhibit A: Cooper) Couple that with how inconsistent the characters were within UAF itself and I'm utterly baffled by how outraged UAF apologists get at OV's treatment of characters.

105 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 7:50 pm

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:
datdude wrote:

Their was a 5 year gap between shows.

Oh, yes, I forgot! Time skips is how you do "character development!" It's a foolproof plan! You just say time has passed, write up completely different characters, and get praised for "developing" the characters into being more mature (!!! Holy cow, they dropped the m-word, where do i insert my money and first-born son?!)  

That is really true, after 2 years of see the OS Ben 10 and his design, character all the things that made the show, well the show it was and then in AF and UA everything was change and every character and alien looks like something different, was killing for the OS fans.

So go to the hell with the talk about the continuty because between OS and AF everything was change, Vulkanus was change of design and become a baby guy, for god sake, when in the OS he was a really strong huntman and not only a suit.

The Forever Knights!, tell me one thing that make the OS Knights and the AF Knights the same characters, nothing, everything was change, the suit, the mask, the sign, the kign, the weapons and the writers make them goes after a really bad design alien dragon, what the hell, you call that character development?, to me that is change one org. very cool that kill aliens for a crappy org. that copy all the things of a Knights.

Kevin, tell me how Kevin escape of the Null Void in AF and UA events doesnt count, between that was make to try to fix the big continuity mistake of how Kevin become human again, why he was good? and how he escape of the null void?

Zs'Skyar the character hates know in Omniverse for try to follow again his OS development, tell me how the hell Zs'Skyar ends in a prison in the space when he gets burn by the sun, it was so hard to make a little flashback like in Rad Monster Party?

Vilgax the worts of all the mistakes of continuity design and write, how and why Vilgax changes his cool organic alien armor dwsign for this cartoon, comic design that have blue, red and yellow in only one design and you say that is more cool that the organic suti, oh yes is more cool my friend, is not.

Why Chamcaster and Hex changes so much tell me a reason and dont say that in 5 years to become good, a feme fatal or you loose all your elements, like the bag and the design.

Omniverse is not erasing the things that happen in AF or UA, the creative team only try to fix and do the work that AF doesnt do, that is explain how the things that changes so muvh between OS and AF gets to that point and until now they had development to the next level the Incurseans, Albedo, Vilgax and Zs'Skyar and company.

Because character development is not show the dame things and elements that the other series do, is create a story, explain how they get to that point, if they change and create new storys, and that DatDude was something that AF doesnt try to make never, creatibg and making change every episode to the characters but forgeting to explain hoe they get to that point.

So the development of AF and UA was lazy really lazy and doesnt do anything to explain how kevin becomw that kevin, why Cooper was a blonde copy of Kevin, why Ben and Gwen was friends when before they make jokes ones to others, why the Forever Knights changes everything, why Vulkanus changes of form and how Vilgax became what he became.

Last edited by AleSIr19 on 31st March 2014, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

106 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 7:56 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:
Sir_Ronald wrote:
datdude wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

I think it would have been a better show if Kevin actually showed signs of being Kevin instead of some other guy they just found laying around, yes. Same with most other characters. It is true that people change over 5 years, but the way they did it is lazy and uninspired, and a lot of the stuff that "changed" didn't even make any sense. (Exhibit A: Cooper) Couple that with how inconsistent the characters were within UAF itself and I'm utterly baffled by how outraged UAF apologists get at OV's treatment of characters.

You have more wiggle room when the time skip is from 10 - 15 years old then you do skipping from January to march. Especially when the changes that follow are backed up by the stories you see on screen. Omniverse WANTS to be Ben 10's 2nd series ignoring everything it can about the last 2 series. UAF DID things with these characters and by and large omniverse has UNDONE things with them.

Please remember I've already said I'm back to lurking after the current arc is done. I can pine for UAF like I do for Young Justice, and Symbionic Titan, but those aren't the shows that are on now. Omniverse is and the way they write it are part of the reason it's on and they aren't. I came out of lurk mode because I was worried where they'd take my favorite story from last series, and when the current arch is over i'm back in the shadows. I get this isn't the network it used to be, and at the moment it isn't a place I want to be.

If this is your bag . . . for reasons I'll never understand . . . your welcome to it.

107 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 8:08 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Yeah, and AF desperately wanted to be the first Ben 10 series, and it ignored everything it could from the actual first series. None of these complaints are new.

Honestly, none of the complaints that can be directed at OV when it comes to handling characters really work when you consider how much more drastically UAF wantonly changed things. If you can't even recognize how much your own complaints apply to the series you so idolize, no one has any reason to listen to your opinion.

108 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 8:20 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Yeah, and AF desperately wanted to be the first Ben 10 series, and it ignored everything it could from the actual first series. None of these complaints are new.

Honestly, none of the complaints that can be directed at OV when it comes to handling characters really work when you consider how much more drastically UAF wantonly changed things. If you can't even recognize how much your own complaints apply to the series you so idolize, no one has any reason to listen to your opinion.

Did you read my last post at all? Sheesh I get it it's your house now, and you'll paint it whatever color you want regardless of the neighbors opinion.

109 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 8:22 pm

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:
datdude wrote:
Sir_Ronald wrote:
datdude wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

You have more wiggle room when the time skip is from 10 - 15 years old then you do skipping from January to march. Especially when the changes that follow are backed up by the stories you see on screen. Omniverse WANTS to be Ben 10's 2nd series ignoring everything it can about the last 2 series. UAF DID things with these characters and by and large omniverse has UNDONE things with them.

Please remember I've already said I'm back to lurking after the current arc is done. I can pine for UAF like I do for Young Justice, and Symbionic Titan, but those aren't the shows that are on now. Omniverse is and the way they write it are part of the reason it's on and they aren't. I came out of lurk mode because I was worried where they'd take my favorite story from last series, and when the current arch is over i'm back in the shadows. I get this isn't the network it used to be, and at the moment it isn't a place I want to be.

If this is your bag . . . for reasons I'll never understand . . . your welcome to it.

CN before show series more for young people, with a lot of bad and good humor, but know with the new series is killing everything, but the problem here is that Ben 10 always have humor, in the OS was normal humor, not funny not bad, but in AF and UA this humor was change for bad humor, with the bad jokes of Kevin that always end with Gwen angry punch him with the arm in the chest or the bad jokes of Ben like "rest in peaces" or something like this that do Ben to the Forever Knight of the 100 episode.

So the problem now is that the humor have take the show?, firts the humor always have been there, only that now how we get a really killing design, where every background and alien is different of the other, so whe get more references of pop and underground things, so many episodes are parodys or change titles of movies and for the firts time we have good jokes, Ben somethings remembers me of some of my friends making jokes that goes bad.

The problem here is UA not Omniverse, because Ultimate Alien make a lot of changes with filler episodes in the Arc of Diagon and now 10 episodes are killing a series of 80 episodes, only because now Chamcaster is wonderfull again, have energy and a design that mix the OS and UAF design (Chamcaster have the black pantys, black lips and the sign on his dress that she have in UA and AF), that is bad for you right, she have to be emotionally destroy and be depress again because that make you happy?

The problem is that in UA wasnt any character development, only a lot of fights, Sunder, he changes in UA of what we see in AF not i dont think so, Elena or the Nanochips Queen doesnt gonna to be in Omniverse, Eunice will have a cameo, Vreedles and his mother have a nice episode for the mother day, Diagon is trap in Ascalon.

Kevin is gonna be mad again to the end of the 6 Arc, Argit gets a lot of character development in Omniverse, firts a smuggler, later a hero and later again a smuggler and later hero again, Vulkanus will have his episode, Nemesis and Jennifer will have his episode, Julie and Ship have a great good bye and will be in Flashbacks, Ben 10.000, Eon and Paradox will have his great part in the 5 Arc finale or the 6 Arc beggining and all the 7 and 8 Arc will be a lot of time travel and this characters, The Area 51 will be a episode, Verdona will be in a episode or that say Derrick.

So tell me the problem tell me what have do this series wrong to be so hate.

110 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 1st April 2014, 7:39 am

Let Me Tell You Something

Plumber
Plumber
Both of them have a handful of changes that really can't be explained or can't be explained easily, but most of them are a result of people calling changes they don't like out of continuity. This show has really managed to have solid continuity considering.

111 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 1st April 2014, 12:01 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
AleSIr19 wrote:
datdude wrote:
datdude wrote:
Sir_Ronald wrote:
datdude wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

CN before show series more for young people, with a lot of bad and good humor, but know with the new series is killing everything, but the problem here is that Ben 10 always have humor, in the OS was normal humor, not funny not bad, but in AF and UA this humor was change for bad humor, with the bad jokes of Kevin that always end with Gwen angry punch him with the arm in the chest or the bad jokes of Ben like "rest in peaces" or something like this that do Ben to the Forever Knight of the 100 episode.

So the problem now is that the humor have take the show?, firts the humor always have been there, only that now how we get a really killing design, where every background and alien is different of the other, so whe get more references of pop and underground things, so many episodes are parodys or change titles of movies and for the firts time we have good jokes, Ben somethings remembers me of some of my friends making jokes that goes bad.

The problem here is UA not Omniverse, because Ultimate Alien make a lot of changes with filler episodes in the Arc of Diagon and now 10 episodes are killing a series of 80 episodes, only because now Chamcaster is wonderfull again, have energy and a design that mix the OS and UAF design (Chamcaster have the black pantys, black lips and the sign on his dress that she have in UA and AF), that is bad for you right, she have to be emotionally destroy and be depress again because that make you happy?

The problem is that in UA wasnt any character development, only a lot of fights, Sunder, he changes in UA of what we see in AF not i dont think so, Elena or the Nanochips Queen doesnt gonna to be in Omniverse, Eunice will have a cameo, Vreedles and his mother have a nice episode for the mother day, Diagon is trap in Ascalon.

Kevin is gonna be mad again to the end of the 6 Arc, Argit gets a lot of character development in Omniverse, firts a smuggler, later a hero and later again a smuggler and later hero again, Vulkanus will have his episode, Nemesis and Jennifer will have his episode, Julie and Ship have a great good bye and will be in Flashbacks, Ben 10.000, Eon and Paradox will have his great part in the 5 Arc finale or the 6 Arc beggining and all the 7 and 8 Arc will be a lot of time travel and this characters, The Area 51 will be a episode, Verdona will be in a episode or that say Derrick.

Its inferior to what came before. Ever here someone without an ounce of charisma try to tell what would be from anyone else a good joke only to have it fall flat?

Ive watched this show, and found it wanting.

Now cut out the damn edrama you sound like a 10 year old.

112 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 1st April 2014, 7:39 pm

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:
AleSIr19 wrote:
datdude wrote:
datdude wrote:
Sir_Ronald wrote:
datdude wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

Its inferior to what came before. Ever here someone without an ounce of charisma try to tell what would be from anyone else a good joke only to have it fall flat?

Ive watched this show, and found it wanting.

Now cut out the damn edrama you sound like a 10 year old.

Men calm down, the problem of Omniverse is that have so much that doesnt have enough time for the plot of some episodes, like An American Benwolf in London, where all the time of the episode was lost in Chadwick character development and how he knows and why he become the monster.

In Duel of Duplicates every episode have 19 or 20 minutes of plot, jokes, character development and in the final minutes is that happen always the big fight between Ben and Albedo or Khyber.

The Ultimate Heist, all episode was about Albedo and Ben every one like the other and all that long explain with fights in the middle of how Albedo take the ultimate power again, but the fight between Albedo and Ben happen in the last minutes.

Omniverse lost more time in explain, in jokes and in character development that any otger Ben 10 series, OS is the only that have balance between history and action. The problem of Omniverse for you is Ben, how he looks, how he acts now, the redesign, but again, the drsign that wad use in UAF never was the same or even have something equal to the designs of OS, so that is Karma.

But Chancaster say all this in oly some lines in Charmed, I am Sure.

"That?, that is Ben 10. Yes i know looks better"

113 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 1st April 2014, 10:40 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
whatever

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum