You are not connected. Please login or register

CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 29th March 2014, 3:33 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Great episode. Loony Charmcaster was entertaining, and the twist at the end was so unexpected and perfect for her. I am definitely looking forward to more Charmcaster.

I find it kind of hilarious that with all the pictures and previews we still had no idea that Hobble would be part of the team-up.

Viktoria is so perfect. She's absolutely the cutest character ever. Just. Wow. I am kind of confused, though, because last episode she was kind to Ben when he was non-ugly. (and Scout had convinced all the other monster peeps to get over how ugly Ben was) I guess that's minor, though.

Swampfire was pretty cool. Unfortunately he did end up with the Crashhopper look (which granted doesn't look quite like Crashhopper now) which I did not prefer. I think the third Swampfire would have been perfect. And I might have preferred to see him physically change instead of having a new form with every transformation. I guess that's also pretty minor.

As an arc episode it was underwhelming, but all around I wasn't really expecting it to be that relevant since weknew Charmcaster was only going to be in this one.

77 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 29th March 2014, 4:18 pm

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Great episode. Loony Charmcaster was entertaining, and the twist at the end was so unexpected and perfect for her. I am definitely looking forward to more Charmcaster.

As I always knew, Matt Wayne and Charlotte Fullerton (Kevin Rubio, the episode's writer, confirmed they're behind how Charmcaster is in this show) found a way to satisfy everyone: Charmcaster is a magical supervillainess again, but still likable and sympathetic, especially since whatever her motivations are in this series, she's being manipulated by Adwaitya. I mean c'mon, her telling him "I command YOU now!" so confidently? Not too subtle indicator that her confidence is misplaced, and that thinking she can control someone much older and thus more experienced and clever than her is foolish.

Plus, this is the most badass she has EVER been, IMO.  Cool 

78 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 29th March 2014, 4:56 pm

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Welp I rewatched the episode cause of the Livestream, Adwaitya is now voiced by Steve Blum (that's a surprise)
Swampfire is awesome as usual, I enjoyed his second and fourth time appearing more than his first and third.
Good episode all around.
And also... Eatle mentioned!

79 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 29th March 2014, 6:37 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

Plumber
Plumber
Sir_Ronald wrote:
Wait, what episode were you watching, because the one I saw ended with the reveal that Adwaitya had told Charmcaster to betray them for some as-of-now unknown reason. She's being manipulated.
*Adwaita
Actually someone started talking over that part when I was watching it so I missed his ramblings, but the fact that she's following the words of the one she conquered and has dangling at her whim is a bit random for her. She's definitely being manipulated with that being the case, but her listening is somewhat odd(I guess she is somewhat crazy after all?)

Ebomnitrix wrote:Welp I rewatched the episode cause of the Livestream, Adwaitya is now voiced by Steve Blum (that's a surprise)
I don't think John did a voice this episode so they were saving money if that were the case. Them doing that with Scout was really awkward.

80 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 29th March 2014, 6:43 pm

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:Actually someone started talking over that part when I was watching it so I missed his ramblings, but the fact that she's following the words of the one she conquered and has dangling at her whim is a bit random for her. She's definitely being manipulated with that being the case, but her listening is somewhat odd(I guess she is somewhat crazy after all?)

She had taken him out to yell at him about telling her to betray Ben, since that cost her the Alpha Rune once more. He was just making excuses and reassuring her that next time would be different.

Yes, she clearly is somewhat crazy due to the emotional breakdown she had in UA. It's not full-blown insanity like everyone was suspecting before the reveal came, it's just something that makes her mentally and emotionally vulnerable enough for Adwaita to manipulate. She's listening to him because she's confident that she's his master now and that he's powerless against her.

81 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 29th March 2014, 7:35 pm

Plumber
Plumber
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what becomes of that later on - I wonder if Darkstar and Adwaita will team up later on in the Charmcaster trilogy.

82 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 29th March 2014, 11:12 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Interesting ep It's got that omiverse level silliness with the stupid cockroach man character, Ghostfreak having the apha rune not using it in the last ep plot hole and Charmcaster being nuttier then a payday bar.

However it is an interesting episode, and I'd like to see where it goes. Im afraid it's going to a soft reset for charmcaster because DJW thinks character growth isn't funny and anyone that thinks other wise should sit down watch some roadrunner cartoons and wait WAIT FOR THE DAY THAT ROAD RUNNER GET HIS BY GOLLY!

On a side note I know this isn't the ben 10 series for me, and I should just take this show with a grain of salt or fond something else to watch. I'm thinking I'm going to go back into lurking mode after this arch and hope the inevitable 5th series is more to my liking.

DD

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

83 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 29th March 2014, 11:28 pm

raistlin

I find Charmcaster´s over the top insanity more pathetic than disturbing or menacing. She should take lessons from the Joker, or even Harley Quinn.
Anyway, that´s what she gets for priorizing power over healthy relationships.

P.E: I would like to know if she has finally made up her mind about what she really wants (power, revenge, subjects, resurrecting her father, a boyfriend...)

84 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 2:12 am

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
raistlin wrote:I find Charmcaster´s over the top insanity more pathetic than disturbing or menacing. She should take lessons from the Joker, or even Harley Quinn.

She wasn't supposed to be disturbing, she was supposed to be funny.  And it wasn't really over-the-top, considering that half of it was talking to people who really WERE talking to her.

P.E: I would like to know if she has finally made up her mind about what she really wants (power, revenge, subjects, resurrecting her father, a boyfriend...)

Lol, me too. Laughing

datdude wrote:However it is an interesting episode, and I'd like to see where it goes. Im afraid it's going to a soft reset for charmcaster because DJW thinks character growth isn't funny and anyone that thinks other wise should sit down watch some roadrunner cartoons and WAIT FOR THE DAY THAT ROAD RUNNER GET HIS BY GOLLY!

Derrick Wyatt isn't a writer and while he has influence he doesn't always get his way. He was saying King Viktor wasn't the same character as Dr. Viktor and was a different Transylian before these episodes were written, for example. I think it's clear Charmcaster hasn't been reset and is still evolving as a character.

85 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 5:49 am

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:Interesting ep It's got that omiverse level silliness with the stupid cockroach man character, Ghostfreak having the apha rune not using it in the last ep plot hole and Charmcaster being nuttier then a payday bar.

However it is an interesting episode, and I'd like to see where it goes. Im afraid it's going to a soft reset for charmcaster because DJW thinks character growth isn't funny and anyone that thinks other wise should sit down watch some roadrunner cartoons and wait WAIT FOR THE DAY THAT ROAD RUNNER GET HIS BY GOLLY!

On a side note I know this isn't the ben 10 series for me, and I should just take this show with a grain of salt or fond something else to watch. I'm thinking I'm going to go back into lurking mode after this arch and hope the inevitable 5th series is more to my liking.

DD

DatDude if you see the episode you had to know, that Chamcaster all that time wasnt talking to her bag, she was talking to Darkstar and Adwita or whatever his name is write, see what you say before talk.

If you know something of Ben 10 you will knlw that Chamcaster wasnt created in AF or UA and that what she did and why she did it show two versions of one same character, in the OS Chamcaster was funny, crazy, a little feme-fatal that his uncle use like help for his evil plans.

In AF she was evil too but more like a crazy teen with jelaous trying of get revenge on Gwen taking and using Kevin.

And in UA she was depress, she want to destroy Adwita and revenge her fater, later she want to kill all the people of his natal dimension only for having his fater back and finally the worts she wants a naughty boyfriend that kiss her every second for mana. Men nobody wants the UA Chamcaster back, but the creative team does the best to explain how after all this she doesnt goes mad.

Only to people or maybe three are behind chamcaster desing and development; Charlotte Fullerton, Matt Wayne and Kevin Rubio, so doesnt say that Derrick is behind this only because he is like Dwayne McDuffy and likes to answer questions and say details of episodes with weeks before it goes out.

In Omniverse Chamcaster will be on 4 or 5 episodes; Mistery Incorporeal; Charmed, I am Sure; The Vampire Strikes Back; Charm School and a uknown episode. So tell me DatDude why cant you have a open mind a take that Omniverse is a good series and try to fix and the fails and crap of the past series?

86 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 5:58 am

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
AleSIr19 wrote:If you know something of Ben 10 you will knlw that Chamcaster wasnt created in AF or UA and that what she did and why she did it show two versions of one same character, in the OS Chamcaster was funny, crazy, a little femme-fatal that her uncle use like help for his evil plans.

Er, one error: she wasn't femme-fatal until AF. Femme-fatal specifically means a villainess who uses sex appeal, and Charmcaster didn't actually do that in the OS.

In Omniverse Chamcaster will be on 4 or 5 episodes; Mistery Incorporeal; Charmed, I am Sure; The Vampire Strikes Back; Charm School and a uknown episode. So tell me DatDude why cant you have a open mind a take that Omniverse is a good series and try to fix and the fails and crap of the past series?

I don't think Charmcaster will be in The Vampire Strikes Back.

87 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 12:27 pm

raistlin

She wasn't supposed to be disturbing, she was supposed to be funny.  And it wasn't really over-the-top, considering that half of it was talking to people who really WERE talking to her.

Mmm...I wonder if Charmcaster was using the loony act to mask her actual dialogues with Adwaita and Darkstar in front of Ben and co.
Anyway, I think it´s only a matter of time before she breaks down like certain Fire Nation princess. The question is if there will be someone ready to pick up the pieces.

88 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 3:55 pm

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
raistlin wrote:Anyway, I think it´s only a matter of time before she breaks down like certain Fire Nation princess. The question is if there will be someone ready to pick up the pieces.

First off, no, she's already HAD her breakdown.  Her crazy behavior here is the after-effect of it, not the lead-in.

Second, of course there would be: Gwen...or Hobble.  tongue

89 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 4:34 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
AleSIr19 wrote:
datdude wrote:Interesting ep It's got that omiverse level silliness with the stupid cockroach man character, Ghostfreak having the apha rune not using it in the last ep plot hole and Charmcaster being nuttier then a payday bar.

DD

DatDude if you see the episode you had to know, that Chamcaster all that time wasnt talking to her bag, she was talking to Darkstar and Adwita or whatever his name is write, see what you say before talk.

If you know something of Ben 10 you will knlw that Chamcaster wasnt created in AF or UA and that what she did and why she did it show two versions of one same character, in the OS Chamcaster was funny, crazy, a little feme-fatal that his uncle use like help for his evil plans.

In AF she was evil too but more like a crazy teen with jelaous trying of get revenge on Gwen taking and using Kevin.

And in UA she was depress, she want to destroy Adwita and revenge her fater, later she want to kill all the people of his natal dimension only for having his fater back and finally the worts she wants a naughty boyfriend that kiss her every second for mana. Men nobody wants the UA Chamcaster back, but the creative team does the best to explain how after all this she doesnt goes mad.

Only to people or maybe three are behind chamcaster desing and development; Charlotte Fullerton, Matt Wayne and Kevin Rubio, so doesnt say that Derrick is behind this only because he is like Dwayne McDuffy and likes to answer questions and say details of episodes with weeks before it goes out.

Because af and ua moved things forward as a rule OV takes character development and tossed out the window for humors sake. Example Ben playing at being oblivious to cover his fear in forge of creation where as in omniverse he IS oblivious.

This series de-emphasizes everything I liked the last three in favor of dumb humor. Not humor in general dumb humor like mister boman and pakmar hating Ben for always breaking their stuff. The original series never did that and neither did af or ua. Characters GREW this feels like scoobie doo or the road runner where once the status qup is set we will just move in a circle forever.

I stopped reading main stream comic for storytelling like that, and im happier for it.

90 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 5:39 pm

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
Sir_Ronald wrote:
AleSIr19 wrote:If you know something of Ben 10 you will knlw that Chamcaster wasnt created in AF or UA and that what she did and why she did it show two versions of one same character, in the OS Chamcaster was funny, crazy, a little femme-fatal that her uncle use like help for his evil plans.

Er, one error: she wasn't femme-fatal until AF. Femme-fatal specifically means a villainess who uses sex appeal, and Charmcaster didn't actually do that in the OS.

Yes, she will Derrick say in his formspring yesterday that in The Vampire Strikes Back we will know what happen to Darkstar to become one of that little rock stone, so for me that means at least, a Chamcaster cameo.

91 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 5:42 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
AleSIr19 wrote:
Sir_Ronald wrote:

Yes, she will Derrick say in his formspring yesterday that in The Vampire Strikes Back we will know what happen to Darkstar to become one of that little rock stone, so for me that means at least, a Chamcaster cameo.

Actually he said that we'll know what happened to Darkstar in this episode.

92 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 6:13 pm

Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:
This series de-emphasizes everything I liked the last three in favor of dumb humor. Not humor in general dumb humor like mister boman and pakmar hating Ben for always breaking their stuff. The original series never did that and neither did af or ua.
OV has had some enjoyable character growth. I'll admit that Omniverse has less character arcs than the others and Ben is more or less static throughout so far, but you can't say someone like Rook hasn't been developed. Also while OV doesn't try to change the character behaviors that much it has been the series to reintroduce characters and elements of the universe more frequently and play with them.

But the other series not having "dumb humor"? The original banter between Gwen and Ben wasn't exactly inspired, and UAF had among other things the running gag of Ben wrecking Kevin's car and/or his defensiveness of it.

93 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 6:23 pm

painlee

Magister
Magister
i still cant believe they ruined one of my favorite aliens. Crying or Very sad 

94 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 6:27 pm

Plumber
Plumber
Chances are it's permanent, but it'd be cool if Swampfire alternated forms depending on the season. I like them both, though I do prefer the original. Nice to see him demonstrate new powers, too(imo they could change Fasttrack to be a velocity manipulating alien and have it work incontinuity).

Also I noticed Dee still voices Swampfire, but he doesn't do that raspy voice anymore.

95 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 8:49 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:
datdude wrote:
This series de-emphasizes everything I liked the last three in favor of dumb humor. Not humor in general dumb humor like mister boman and pakmar hating Ben for always breaking their stuff. The original series never did that and neither did af or ua.
OV has had some enjoyable character growth. I'll admit that Omniverse has less character arcs than the others and Ben is more or less static throughout so far, but you can't say someone like Rook hasn't been developed. Also while OV doesn't try to change the character behaviors that much it has been the series to reintroduce characters and elements of the universe more frequently and play with them.

But the other series not having "dumb humor"? The original banter between Gwen and Ben wasn't exactly inspired, and UAF had among other things the running gag of Ben wrecking Kevin's car and/or his defensiveness of it.

Look at it like this Darkstar was Darth Vader now he's Hayden Christensen Darth Vader, something was lost in transition. To continue the Starwars analogy R2D2 and C3P0 are silly and stupid in the original three movies, and episode one gave us Jar-Jar.

Omniverse is Episode one.

96 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 9:38 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Yes Omniverse completely disregards what came before it when it comes to characters, and they definitely aren't anything like their past versions. UAF was perfect though, and its characters were always entirely consistent with previous incarnations and its modus operandi was definitely not ignoring everything in the past at any opportunity. Yes siree. UAF was so respectful to the source material. So. Darn. Respectful. There's no way that the OV characters are closer to the UAF ones than UAF ones were to OS. Nope. UAF was too consistent with the OS for that, buddy.

97 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th March 2014, 10:32 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Yes Omniverse completely disregards what came before it when it comes to characters, and they definitely aren't anything like their past versions. UAF was perfect though, and its characters were always entirely consistent with previous incarnations and its modus operandi was definitely not ignoring everything in the past at any opportunity. Yes siree. UAF was so respectful to the source material. So. Darn. Respectful. There's no way that the OV characters are closer to the UAF ones than UAF ones were to OS. Nope. UAF was too consistent  with the OS for that, buddy.

Their was a 5 year gap between shows.

98 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 2:05 am

Richard 10: Swampfire

Plumber
Plumber
Okay episode.

I would have liked it more if:
1. Swampfire wasn't the only alien used.
2. Swampfire didn't change design, or at least stopped at the second design.
3. Ledgerdomain still didn't look like that... thing...
4. Ben's mirror, although it was cool for it to just be him, as the zits were monstrous, to be an Ectonurite.

But aside from those, it was pretty good.

99 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 6:41 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
datdude wrote:
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Yes Omniverse completely disregards what came before it when it comes to characters, and they definitely aren't anything like their past versions. UAF was perfect though, and its characters were always entirely consistent with previous incarnations and its modus operandi was definitely not ignoring everything in the past at any opportunity. Yes siree. UAF was so respectful to the source material. So. Darn. Respectful. There's no way that the OV characters are closer to the UAF ones than UAF ones were to OS. Nope. UAF was too consistent  with the OS for that, buddy.

Their was a 5 year gap between shows.

Oh, yes, I forgot! Time skips is how you do "character development!" It's a foolproof plan! You just say time has passed, write up completely different characters, and get praised for "developing" the characters into being more mature (!!! Holy cow, they dropped the m-word, where do i insert my money and first-born son?!)

100 Re: CHARMED I'M SURE? SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st March 2014, 10:49 am

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder

Seconded. Back in the day UAF annoyed me too about all the changes. Now...I don't actually mind anymore, so long as it's good (and at least half-explained) it can be changed.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum