Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fasttrack vs. XLR8

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which one do you prefer?Fasttrack or XLR8?

75% 75% [ 15 ]
25% 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 13th May 2012, 10:29 am

RagaRBM

Human
Human
I like XLR8 a tiny bit better, because his helmet is cool. king

-Omni/RagaRBM Very Happy cherry

27 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 15th May 2012, 1:06 am

jashro

Human
Human
Fasttrack is pointless. He offers nothing new to the show.

28 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 15th May 2012, 1:23 am

BigChillfan10

Plumber
Plumber
jashro wrote:Fasttrack is pointless. He offers nothing new to the show.
The creators most likely ran out of ideas and made Fasttrack up.

29 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 15th May 2012, 2:04 am

jashro

Human
Human
BigChillfan10 wrote:
Probably. I think it was so they can sell another toy.

30 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 15th May 2012, 2:39 am

BigChillfan10

Plumber
Plumber
jashro wrote:
BigChillfan10 wrote:
Never thought of it that way, but it makes sense. Money is all they care about in Hollywood. Razz

31 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 15th May 2012, 3:12 am

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
BigChillfan10 wrote:
Never thought of it that way, but it makes sense. Money is all they care about in Hollywood. Razz
I agree, it was cos they had no ideas and wanted to sell a toy. Is Ben 10 even related to Hollywood???
Anyway, money isn't ALL the guys who work on Ben 10 care about. They've made a pretty awesome series that, I think, they truly care about.

32 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 15th May 2012, 7:01 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
jashro wrote:
BigChillfan10 wrote:

But Fasttrack doesn't have a toy...

http://shrek.com

33 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 15th May 2012, 7:10 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
You guys are a bit too paranoid.All those working on the series are fans of it and very excited of having the honor of working on it.
They believed a new blue speedster was a good idea.They were awfully wrong but that doesn't make them evil and greedy.

And like OprahWinfrey62 said:there was no Fasttrack toy.

34 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 15th May 2012, 7:56 pm

BigChillfan10

Plumber
Plumber
They most likely did it to see what happens. Whoever the fans like better, gets to be in Omniverse.

35 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 16th May 2012, 3:51 am

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
BigChillfan10 wrote:They most likely did it to see what happens. Whoever the fans like better, gets to be in Omniverse.
I really really really doubt that.

36 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 16th May 2012, 3:53 am

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
Sebastian13 wrote:You guys are a bit too paranoid.All those working on the series are fans of it and very excited of having the honor of working on it.
They believed a new blue speedster was a good idea.They were awfully wrong but that doesn't make them evil and greedy.

And like OprahWinfrey62 said:there was no Fasttrack toy.
I did acknowledge they truly cared about the show. It's just kind of a common technique to bring in a new character for toys. I'm glad that's not the reason they made Fasttrack though Very Happy .

37 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 16th May 2012, 5:46 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
He's actually quite enjoyable.Dwayne made it clear they created aliens as characters not as powers.I think that explains Fasttrack.
Too bad they seem to be going back to "cool, I have a new power!".

38 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 16th May 2012, 10:04 pm

jashro

Human
Human
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
jashro wrote:
BigChillfan10 wrote:

They will probably make one.

39 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 16th May 2012, 10:23 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
jashro wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
jashro wrote:
BigChillfan10 wrote:

They will probably make one.

Not likely. Omniverse toys are coming soon and Fasttrack won't be in Omniverse, at least not for a while

http://shrek.com

40 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 17th May 2012, 11:36 am

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
Sebastian13 wrote:He's actually quite enjoyable.Dwayne made it clear they created aliens as characters not as powers.I think that explains Fasttrack.
Hopefully, "new power" isn't the only appeal of the new aliens.

41 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 18th May 2012, 5:31 am

First-Psykon

Plumber
Plumber
Zero Degrees wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:He's actually quite enjoyable.Dwayne made it clear they created aliens as characters not as powers.I think that explains Fasttrack.
Gravattack looks awesome and is an alien with new powers. Feedback looks awesome too but has a common (electric) power. Bloxx is also a shapeshifting alien with his design based on LEGOs. Ball Weevil is quite new in looks and power too.

The kinda problem now is whether the old aliens will still have appeal when their appearances are changed.

42 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 18th May 2012, 6:25 am

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
First-Psykon wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:
Gravattack looks awesome and is an alien with new powers. Feedback looks awesome too but has a common (electric) power. Bloxx is also a shapeshifting alien with his design based on LEGOs. Ball Weevil is quite new in looks and power too.

The kinda problem now is whether the old aliens will still have appeal when their appearances are changed.
What I meant was I hope they're good characters, not just new powers and new faces.

Oh yeah...I hope that's not the case for the old aliens Evil or Very Mad .

43 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 11th June 2012, 8:39 pm

RandomBen10EpicFan

Very Happy
CBobb1234 wrote:
BigChillfan10 wrote:
CBobb1234 wrote:
BigChillfan10 wrote:
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
CBobb1234 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:
CBobb1234 wrote:XLR8 was one of my favourites before alien force, I was praying for him to reappear in UA, but no, they bring in fasttrack(WTF!) it was just so pointless just like eatle.
They easily could have brought in XLR8. I wonder why they chose instead to create a new alien that's basically the same character.

And honestly, I don't think Eatle's pointless. He's pretty cool (still a bit of a rip-off though but at least he can only shoot lasers).
Is fasttrack even gonna be in omniverse because doesn't derrick not like him?

Not for a while, if at all. He hasn't been designed yet and Derrick hinted that he won't

Derrick said there already is a blue speed-star on the show. Very Happy
OOOooooohhhhhh Razz

This has gotta be the biggest quote box I've ever seen.
Now it's the biggest Laughing

44 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 21st August 2012, 12:46 pm

Dave121

I would pick XLR8.... btw does anyone remember that XLR8 Appeared in Heroes United? the writers kinda didnt forget about him i think

45 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 21st August 2012, 2:18 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Dave121 wrote:I would pick XLR8.... btw does anyone remember that XLR8 Appeared in Heroes United? the writers kinda didnt forget about him i think

Heroes united was written by the original series team of writers, which is why so many classic aliens appeared, and why Shocksquatch was so different.
That was the main problem with Shocksquatch IMHO. I can imagine that some CN executive asked if they could put an alien designed for Omniverse into the crossover and the Omniverse animation team only gave the bare essentials to the Gen Rex team i.e an electric yeti with a canadian accent.

46 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 30th August 2012, 1:52 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
it seems like it, these new designs are awfully colorful, and sure at first they seem flashy and cool but there not that pleasing too look at overtime

47 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 31st August 2012, 10:23 am

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
mace23 wrote:
it seems like it, these new designs are awfully colorful, and sure at first they seem flashy and cool but there not that pleasing too look at overtime
I like more than most of their designs.

I think I'll wait to see if they're good characters, regardless of what we know about them now.

48 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 31st August 2012, 10:26 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Ben's aliens aren't characters.
That's stupid.

If a person looks different, they're still the same person they were before. they're all Ben--that's the entire point of the entire show.

Ben is still Ben. Fasttrack is not Fasttrack, Fasttrack is Ben. I don't care if Duffie thought they were writing for forty different characters, but they weren't. They were just writing Ben.

The new aliens are never going to be good characters because they're not characters, they're forms.

49 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 31st August 2012, 10:47 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Ben's aliens aren't characters.
That's stupid.

If a person looks different, they're still the same person they were before. they're all Ben--that's the entire point of the entire show.

Ben is still Ben. Fasttrack is not Fasttrack, Fasttrack is Ben. I don't care if Duffie thought they were writing for forty different characters, but they weren't. They were just writing Ben.

The new aliens are never going to be good characters because they're not characters, they're forms.

This is kind of off topic, but your picture is AWESOME.

50 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 1st September 2012, 7:25 am

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Ben's aliens aren't characters.
That's stupid.

Duh. Obviously, it's just Ben's personality. I just hope they're interesting as CHARACTERS in their own right, not necessarily personalities.

Just because they're all Ben doesn't mean they can't be handled well enough as characters. By characters, I don't mean any separate entities but...Dunno how to explain it but I want good development and each alien to have a unique flavor of their own. Even if all the aliens are Ben doesn't mean I want only Ben's personality in all aliens. I want him different in each alien, kinda like how some people's personalities are different with different groups of friends, despite being the same person.

I don't want just new designs and new powers but they should really be done 'right'. It's why I like XLR8 more than Fasttrack: the writers handled him well, like a character, even if it's simply an alien form of Ben. Fasttrack never had that; he was just powers, in my humble opinion.

However, to each their own Smile .

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum