Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Fasttrack vs. XLR8

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Which one do you prefer?Fasttrack or XLR8?

75% 75% [ 15 ]
25% 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 1st September 2012, 11:31 pm

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
Zero Degrees wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Ben's aliens aren't characters.
That's stupid.

If a person looks different, they're still the same person they were before. they're all Ben--that's the entire point of the entire show.

Ben is still Ben. Fasttrack is not Fasttrack, Fasttrack is Ben. I don't care if Duffie thought they were writing for forty different characters, but they weren't. They were just writing Ben.

The new aliens are never going to be good characters because they're not characters, they're forms.
Duh. Obviously, it's just Ben's personality. I just hope they're interesting as CHARACTERS in their own right, not necessarily personalities.

Just because they're all Ben doesn't mean they can't be handled well enough as characters. By characters, I don't mean any separate entities but...Dunno how to explain it but I want good development and each alien to have a unique flavor of their own. Even if all the aliens are Ben doesn't mean I want only Ben's personality in all aliens. I want him different in each alien, kinda like how some people's personalities are different with different groups of friends, despite being the same person.

I don't want just new designs and new powers but they should really be done 'right'. It's why I like XLR8 more than Fasttrack: the writers handled him well, like a character, even if it's simply an alien form of Ben. Fasttrack never had that; he was just powers, in my humble opinion.

However, to each their own Smile .

Greymatter= Smart Ben
Jury Rigg= Reckless Ben
Humongasaur/Waybig= Clumsy Ben
need I say more :p

52 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 1st September 2012, 11:32 pm

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
mace23 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Ben's aliens aren't characters.
That's stupid.

If a person looks different, they're still the same person they were before. they're all Ben--that's the entire point of the entire show.

Ben is still Ben. Fasttrack is not Fasttrack, Fasttrack is Ben. I don't care if Duffie thought they were writing for forty different characters, but they weren't. They were just writing Ben.

The new aliens are never going to be good characters because they're not characters, they're forms.
Duh. Obviously, it's just Ben's personality. I just hope they're interesting as CHARACTERS in their own right, not necessarily personalities.

Just because they're all Ben doesn't mean they can't be handled well enough as characters. By characters, I don't mean any separate entities but...Dunno how to explain it but I want good development and each alien to have a unique flavor of their own. Even if all the aliens are Ben doesn't mean I want only Ben's personality in all aliens. I want him different in each alien, kinda like how some people's personalities are different with different groups of friends, despite being the same person.

I don't want just new designs and new powers but they should really be done 'right'. It's why I like XLR8 more than Fasttrack: the writers handled him well, like a character, even if it's simply an alien form of Ben. Fasttrack never had that; he was just powers, in my humble opinion.

However, to each their own Smile .

Greymatter= Smart Ben
Jury Rigg= Reckless Ben
Humongasaur/Waybig= Clumsy Ben
Fasttrack= Silent but stealthy Ben

need I say more :p

53 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 1st September 2012, 11:35 pm

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
mace23 wrote:
mace23 wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Ben's aliens aren't characters.
That's stupid.

If a person looks different, they're still the same person they were before. they're all Ben--that's the entire point of the entire show.

Ben is still Ben. Fasttrack is not Fasttrack, Fasttrack is Ben. I don't care if Duffie thought they were writing for forty different characters, but they weren't. They were just writing Ben.

The new aliens are never going to be good characters because they're not characters, they're forms.
Duh. Obviously, it's just Ben's personality. I just hope they're interesting as CHARACTERS in their own right, not necessarily personalities.

Just because they're all Ben doesn't mean they can't be handled well enough as characters. By characters, I don't mean any separate entities but...Dunno how to explain it but I want good development and each alien to have a unique flavor of their own. Even if all the aliens are Ben doesn't mean I want only Ben's personality in all aliens. I want him different in each alien, kinda like how some people's personalities are different with different groups of friends, despite being the same person.

I don't want just new designs and new powers but they should really be done 'right'. It's why I like XLR8 more than Fasttrack: the writers handled him well, like a character, even if it's simply an alien form of Ben. Fasttrack never had that; he was just powers, in my humble opinion.

However, to each their own Smile .

What about Rath and Ghostfreak Shocked

Greymatter= Smart Ben
Jury Rigg= Reckless Ben
Humongasaur/Waybig= Clumsy Ben
Fasttrack= Silent but stealthy Ben

need I say more :p

54 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 2nd September 2012, 9:21 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
The point is, of course some parts of Ben's personality are emphasized by his alien forms--Rath and Brainstorm being the more obvious examples of this. But it's still Ben being Ben. Ben is a good hero precisely because he's so flexible and innovative--he will always use each alien differently, because that's just Ben. He will act different and get a different feel for each alien--that isn't going to change. Have you seen Feedback and Bloxx in action? the two of them already have as much "character" as any UAF alien.

oh hey I never even answered the XLR8/Fasttrack question. I'd say XLR8 is better. I'd like Fasttrack more if he looked like how I redesigned him though. (Derrp)

55 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 2nd September 2012, 11:09 pm

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:The point is, of course some parts of Ben's personality are emphasized by his alien forms--Rath and Brainstorm being the more obvious examples of this. But it's still Ben being Ben. Ben is a good hero precisely because he's so flexible and innovative--he will always use each alien differently, because that's just Ben. He will act different and get a different feel for each alien--that isn't going to change. Have you seen Feedback and Bloxx in action? the two of them already have as much "character" as any UAF alien.

oh hey I never even answered the XLR8/Fasttrack question. I'd say XLR8 is better. I'd like Fasttrack more if he looked like how I redesigned him though. (Derrp)
yeah but there also trying too come up with an entire alien species and interpreting that species idea of survival and lifestyle

56 Re: Fasttrack vs. XLR8 on 4th September 2012, 10:18 am

Zero Degrees

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:The point is, of course some parts of Ben's personality are emphasized by his alien forms--Rath and Brainstorm being the more obvious examples of this. But it's still Ben being Ben. Ben is a good hero precisely because he's so flexible and innovative--he will always use each alien differently, because that's just Ben. He will act different and get a different feel for each alien--that isn't going to change. Have you seen Feedback and Bloxx in action? the two of them already have as much "character" as any UAF alien.

oh hey I never even answered the XLR8/Fasttrack question. I'd say XLR8 is better. I'd like Fasttrack more if he looked like how I redesigned him though. (Derrp)
I know, I get your point and I agree. But personally, I want more than new faces and new powers but that's just me.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum