You are not connected. Please login or register

CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd October 2014, 5:11 pm

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
See, people? As I said, Charm's reform will happen in her last appearance, and they're already dropping alot of build-up for it.  Her scene with Hex was heartbreaking, she has had it so rough and is still being used.  Now I await her happy ending (and the defeat of Adwaita and Darkstar) even more eagerly. Smile

27 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd October 2014, 6:16 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

Plumber
Plumber
I'd have liked a bit more on Hex changing his personality. As is on a scale of Kevin to Slix Vigma that's a solid Baumann for character malforming.

Really enjoyable episode though. It didn't have the wacky ongoings and character interactions in Mystery Incorporeal but it did have specific character moments and a lot of magical fun. Glad that they can do these non-Ben related episodes again after so many arcs.

28 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd October 2014, 7:26 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
a rare episode that was able to pull itself out of the forgettable pile in the last few seconds. walkatrout <420

the new hex is really fun and i like how everyone whines makes a big deal about charmcaster, but hex ended up good first. ov needs to stop ripping me off though

not bad, gets a few points for walkatrout

29 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd October 2014, 9:25 pm

PeruAlonso

Plumber
Plumber
The good about this episode: Hex turning good just like Kev and Reiny.

The bad thing about it: Charmcaster still bent on destroying Gwen.

How many more episodes will it take before she does change for the better? I would hate to see her turning psycho like Azula was.

When will there be an episode where Charmcaster stops being an evil wacko witch and becomes friends with Gwen just like Ben and Kevin?

Because he's had a change of heart, Hex doesn't deserve be turned into a totem figure.

I hope Charmcaster's comes to her senses and brought back Hex back to life.

30 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd October 2014, 9:32 pm

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
PeruAlonso wrote:The bad thing about it: Charmcaster still bent on destroying Gwen.

Not really, she didn't make any initiating moves against Gwen. Gwen attacked her first, and even though she was trying to help her, Charmcaster was too delusional to realize it and tried to destroy her in retaliation.

How many more episodes will it take before she does change for the better?

.....1 more. Did you even read my post above?

ShrekIsLoveShrekIsLife wrote:and i like how everyone whines makes a big deal about charmcaster, but hex ended up good first.

Charmcaster will follow pretty quickly though, and while Peru crosses into whiny territory most definitely, I'd be a little more sensitive if I were you...the concern over Charmcaster comes from the fact that she was Dwayne's favorite and people don't want to see her mistreated now that he's gone (which she hasn't been, but I digress)

31 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd October 2014, 10:06 pm

Plumber
Plumber
Sir_Ronald wrote:the concern over Charmcaster comes from the fact that she was Dwayne's favorite and people don't want to see her mistreated now that he's gone (which she hasn't been, but I digress)
Actually a whole lot of complaining is from OS fans over her treatment in UAF, specifically about her being a grey character.

Personally I don't mind it, but I do think Dwayne interpreted the character incorrectly by assuming she was a morally grey individual when those instances were supposed to be a mislead working up towards the twist that she's not nicer than Hex - she's even worse. Ultimate Alien provided enough backstory for her to properly become an antihero though now, IMO. Hex being a good guy now was a bit random and Gwen took to it pretty quickly when he was her first real rogue, but it is really ironic that he turned first.

32 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd October 2014, 10:37 pm

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:Personally I don't mind it, but I do think Dwayne interpreted the character incorrectly by assuming she was a morally grey individual when those instances were supposed to be a mislead working up towards the twist that she's not nicer than Hex - she's even worse.

I agree except that she was "even worse".  Nowhere in the original show did she match Hex's cruelty; I think the twist was that she was also bad like him but, while not as evil as Hex, was smarter than him. Hex wasn't a very scheming, subtle villain. He just went around terrorizing everyone. It's quite a twist that his teenage niece actually had more of an IQ when it came to evildoing.

Actually a whole lot of complaining is from OS fans over her treatment in UAF, specifically about her being a grey character.

Really? I thought it was more UAF fans upset because, like with Kevin, they were under the misunderstanding that OV would reverse all that was done with the character.  As it turns out, it's actually forwarding it.

Derrick Wyatt, intentionally or otherwise, misleading them did not help.

but it is really ironic that he turned first.

Not really, when Kevin 11 turns before any other villain, no further irony can be found. tongue

33 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 22nd October 2014, 10:56 pm

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
And finally here it is, one of the best episodes of Omniverse. Chamcaster y Hex really good, i love how Darkstar and Adwaita have so many control over Chamcaster.

Is a little bit estranger that Hex who was the most powerfull villain of Gwen, become an Ally so quickly, but is ok, because a lot of the back story make to Chamcaster works with Hex.

It was funny that Hex look like human but he was steal really powerfull, now he was more human and grounded character than before but is ok.

About "Lucky Girl" we have more character development, first we have one of the charm's of bezel and now all the magic books and the staff of Hex.

In Kevin side was funny to see him worry about the car and his back story was really funny to my. The "X" in the face dont worry me at all and this episode get extra points for the end that is so human.

34 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd October 2014, 12:01 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
This ep was a 4 . . . a lot of potential that fell flat.

Where was everyone's concern about hex getting turned into a totem getting taken to another dimension?

Why is Charmcaster not all powerful because she's got the alpha rune? Is it still weakened from "Charmed, I'm sure"? If yes why didn't they bring it up and not leave giant plot hole?

Why didn't Kevin ask if Gwen could bring his car back?

Why didn't Gwen tell anyone Hex was teaching at her school when she know he has a record with the plumbers? Note she might have called grandpa max but rook and Ben had no idea.

Things can only be mediocre if they touch on greatness. That's a great way to sum up this series as a whole.

I wish charmcaster and hex never showed up in omniverse it would be better then the treatment overall.

35 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd October 2014, 12:53 am

Plumber
Plumber
Sir_Ronald wrote:
I agree except that she was "even worse".  Nowhere in the original show did she match Hex's cruelty; I think the twist was that she was also bad like him but, while not as evil as Hex, was smarter than him. Hex wasn't a very scheming, subtle villain. He just went around terrorizing everyone. It's quite a twist that his teenage niece actually had more of an IQ when it came to evildoing.
That's a good point. I guess I considered her worse because she pulled a sort of doublecross, but Hex was expecting to get the biggest reward out of everything anyways.

Really? I thought it was more UAF fans upset because, like with Kevin, they were under the misunderstanding that OV would reverse all that was done with the character.  As it turns out, it's actually forwarding it.
I think that WAS the case for Kevin(and others hoping they WOULD make him a villain), but for Charmcaster I'd say it was mostly bitter OS fans.

Derrick Wyatt, intentionally or otherwise, misleading them did not help.
Yeah, I remember him doing something like that with Charmcaster too, saying she'd always be a villain.

36 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd October 2014, 2:47 am

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Yeah, I remember him doing something like that with Charmcaster too, saying she'd always be a villain.

In his defense, I think he said that before this episode, and certainly before the final one in the Charmcaster trilogy, was written. He changed his tune to a more ambivalent one after they were, which suggests Matt Wayne and Charlotte Fullerton felt differently than he did and he was overruled on this one (he referenced such cases recently, saying that "other writers have other agendas" than he so he can't control everything, the BIG idea he got away with putting on the show was the alteration to Kevin's origins since he felt strongly that Kevin should be a mutant.)

That's a good point. I guess I considered her worse because she pulled a sort of doublecross, but Hex was expecting to get the biggest reward out of everything anyways.

Plus Hex was being very abusive to her all episode, always making her be docile and answer with "yes, uncle."  Even though she was doing it for the cause of evil too, Charmcaster's doublecross was one Hex certainly deserved.

I think that WAS the case for Kevin(and others hoping they WOULD make him a villain), but for Charmcaster I'd say it was mostly bitter OS fans.

No, I swear it was the case for Charmcaster too, bitter UAF fans as well as OS ones.  Case in point: datdude.

Why is Charmcaster not all powerful because she's got the alpha rune? Is it still weakened from "Charmed, I'm sure"? If yes why didn't they bring it up and not leave giant plot hole?

I don't think the Alpha Rune makes anyone all-powerful outside of Ledgerdomain, otherwise Adwaita would have conquered the universe years ago. It can still give people power outside Ledgerdomain, but the godlike, invincible status only comes when it's in a place of pure mana.

37 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd October 2014, 3:24 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Im not bitter I'm just opinionated Laughing

38 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd October 2014, 4:26 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
's all about the walkatrout

39 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd October 2014, 11:13 am

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
Meh, it was an enjoyable but stupid episode. I liked the bit where Charmcaster admitted she was ill, even if it was just a play on her part.

Hated the whole Kevin & Rook fix up a car 'subplot' - why is he doing it at the university? Did he ask permission?

It felt like a really lazily-written story where everything was just magically at the right place at the right time. But it still managed to be entertaining so yay for that.

40 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd October 2014, 12:08 pm

AustinHolt2022

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Is nobody gonna mention how that bomb Kevin used looked a lot like Voltorb?

41 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 23rd October 2014, 11:39 pm

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
There's a credits error in this episode, if only this was real...

42 Re: CHARM SCHOOL SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 24th October 2014, 1:53 am

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix wrote:There's a credits error in this episode, if only this was real...

If i remember this series have a lot of action scenes that end up cut from the final episode. I will say that Lodestar was going to fight Suemmungosaur but they cut it.

Like they did in No Honor Among Bros, with Molestache and Walkatrout, i will say that happen to Lodestar and wildmutt, so no mistake only a big cut, like always because Omniverse episodes needs more than 22 minutes to finish.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum