Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Should ben 10 be in dc universe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 16th February 2014, 12:23 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Should ben 10 be in dc universe after the theater movie is made and is straying from a tv series to movie franchise i mean ben 10 has been referenced in dc comics where a citizen is actually wearing the omnitrix lol so opinions.


_________________


2 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 16th February 2014, 1:49 am

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
nah i think Ben 10 is fine as is .

reference and eastern eggs mean nothing as the original Ben 10 had 2 Naruto references.

there was another reference in DC , i took it from Newspring months ago a user posted it.


_________________

3 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 16th February 2014, 12:21 pm

Tammar

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
This is coming from a DC fan btw

First, Ben 10 definitely shouldn't be in the DC Universe. DC has been building up it's universe for almost a century, and Ben 10 has been doing the same for almost a decade. Plus, Ben 10 doesn't really fit there, he's not the same type of superhero.

Second, that easter egg you referred to isn't actually an easter egg. That comic came out in 2002, way before Ben 10.

4 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 16th February 2014, 3:20 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Tammar wrote:This is coming from a DC fan btw

First, Ben 10 definitely shouldn't be in the DC Universe. DC has been building up it's universe for almost a century, and Ben 10 has been doing the same for almost a decade. Plus, Ben 10 doesn't really fit there, he's not the same type of superhero.

Second, that easter egg you referred to isn't actually an easter egg. That comic came out in 2002, way before Ben 10.
which one the one with the omnitrix or the one with green lantern four arms because no way its not an easter egg it looks exactly like the omnitrix save the purple instead of green


_________________


5 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 16th February 2014, 3:30 pm

Tammar

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
beczam1290 wrote:
Tammar wrote:This is coming from a DC fan btw

First, Ben 10 definitely shouldn't be in the DC Universe. DC has been building up it's universe for almost a century, and Ben 10 has been doing the same for almost a decade. Plus, Ben 10 doesn't really fit there, he's not the same type of superhero.

Second, that easter egg you referred to isn't actually an easter egg. That comic came out in 2002, way before Ben 10.
which one the one with the omnitrix or the one with green lantern four arms because no way its not an easter egg it looks exactly like the omnitrix save the purple instead of green
The one with Four Arms

6 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 16th February 2014, 6:36 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Tammar wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
Tammar wrote:This is coming from a DC fan btw

First, Ben 10 definitely shouldn't be in the DC Universe. DC has been building up it's universe for almost a century, and Ben 10 has been doing the same for almost a decade. Plus, Ben 10 doesn't really fit there, he's not the same type of superhero.

Second, that easter egg you referred to isn't actually an easter egg. That comic came out in 2002, way before Ben 10.
which one the one with the omnitrix or the one with green lantern four arms because no way its not an easter egg it looks exactly like the omnitrix save the purple instead of green
The one with Four Arms
so the one with the omnitrix was an easter egg hah told u


_________________


7 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 1st June 2014, 1:09 pm

Omni-Highbreed97

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
How about Ben 10 in Marvel universe?  Laughing 

8 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 1st June 2014, 5:36 pm

Tammar

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Omni-Highbreed97 wrote:How about Ben 10 in Marvel universe?  Laughing 
Wouldn't really fit in Marvel or DC... Maybe a little, but he'd be considered overpowered over there

9 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 1st June 2014, 6:12 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Tammar wrote:
Omni-Highbreed97 wrote:How about Ben 10 in Marvel universe?  Laughing 
Wouldn't really fit in Marvel or DC... Maybe a little, but he'd be considered overpowered over there
They both have their share of gimmicky weak characters and ridiculous god characters so he could never be out of place. But the Omnitrix would be much better in its own continuity than theirs because much fewer alien species have amazing evolutionary abilities in Marvel and DC.

Ben 10 can't fit anywhere else because it literally fleshed out the entire universe and even other dimensions. You can fit a smaller scale show like Secret Saturdays into Ben 10, but not the other way around.

10 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 1st June 2014, 6:54 pm

Tammar

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I'd like to see the Ben 10 universe extended though

11 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 1st June 2014, 7:08 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
It might be DC imo, because there's a Tetramand Lantern if you guys saw that comic image.
But I think it should be Marvel because Marvel doesn't really have a Superman, and the aliens in that universe look something that Ben has, plus MOA did work on Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers, so you never know if Ben 10 could crossover to that at any moment.

12 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 1st June 2014, 8:17 pm

Tammar

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
MOA has no say on crossovers.
And that alien isn't a Tertmand. Tertmands don't exist in the DC universe, Ben 10 ripped that off.
And Ben 10 would 100% not fit into Marvel because teen heroes are generally not that well recieved, let alone kid heroes. His Omnitrix would directly be stripped of him. And Ben wouldn't even be the most powerful person, many could beat him.

13 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 1st June 2014, 10:48 pm

Omni-Highbreed97

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
It would've been awesome if the Green Lantern Corps consisted of species from Ben 10's aliens. Razz And then teaming up with the Plumbers and such. Very Happy 

14 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 2nd June 2014, 3:07 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Tammar wrote:MOA has no say on crossovers.
And that alien isn't a Tertmand. Tertmands don't exist in the DC universe, Ben 10 ripped that off.
And Ben 10 would 100% not fit into Marvel because teen heroes are generally not that well recieved, let alone kid heroes. His Omnitrix would directly be stripped of him. And Ben wouldn't even be the most powerful person, many could beat him.
explain to me why he would be stripped of the omnitrix azmuth said hes worthy of it and theres alot of kid super heroes in dc robin beastboy and all the teen titans which were well recieved and young justice which was also well recieved.


_________________


15 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 2nd June 2014, 4:05 pm

Tammar

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
beczam1290 wrote:
Tammar wrote:MOA has no say on crossovers.
And that alien isn't a Tertmand. Tertmands don't exist in the DC universe, Ben 10 ripped that off.
And Ben 10 would 100% not fit into Marvel because teen heroes are generally not that well recieved, let alone kid heroes. His Omnitrix would directly be stripped of him. And Ben wouldn't even be the most powerful person, many could beat him.
explain to me why he would be stripped of the omnitrix azmuth said hes worthy of it and theres alot of kid super heroes in dc robin beastboy and all the teen titans which were well recieved and young justice which was also well recieved.
I said kid heroes wouldn't be well recieved in Marvel, not DC. Learn to read, bro.
Also, Azmuth wouldn't be the leading force in any of the universes as there would be more powerful people than him. And Beast Boy is two words.

16 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 2nd June 2014, 6:37 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Marvel is pushing more teen heroes lately - Ultimate Spiderman is a pretty major teenager. A large chunk of X-Men are teenagers, it's part of the schtick. People could disagree with Ben fighting crime, but that wouldn't be the first time a hero faced public resistance.

17 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 2nd June 2014, 7:10 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Tammar wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
Tammar wrote:MOA has no say on crossovers.
And that alien isn't a Tertmand. Tertmands don't exist in the DC universe, Ben 10 ripped that off.
And Ben 10 would 100% not fit into Marvel because teen heroes are generally not that well recieved, let alone kid heroes. His Omnitrix would directly be stripped of him. And Ben wouldn't even be the most powerful person, many could beat him.
explain to me why he would be stripped of the omnitrix azmuth said hes worthy of it and theres alot of kid super heroes in dc robin beastboy and all the teen titans which were well recieved and young justice which was also well recieved.
I said kid heroes wouldn't be well recieved in Marvel, not DC. Learn to read, bro.
Also, Azmuth wouldn't be the leading force in any of the universes as there would be more powerful people than him. And Beast Boy is two words.
well sorry but when your in school you have to learn to read and type as fast as you can high school teachers are not lenient with phone rules


_________________


18 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 2nd June 2014, 11:13 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Ben wasnt base in a comic book hero and a comic book series of DC or Marvel, that was call Dial for Hero?

I think that is the best (and only) good example of how Ben 10 would be in DC Universe, but with aliens (off course), In DC will be like is now Omniverse, cool desings that fix with a mature and teen age style, full of extrange references to the pop culture and of course full of all type of differents aliens and villains.

The only thing, is that now, DC is changing a lot the personality of his superhero, Batman was a classy detective, and now he is a dark, noir detective and that goes well but is killing, Green Lantern and Flash were more joke guys and they do what they do because they love it, but now somewriters try to make a motivation happen.

Almost any one Superhero of DC was Dark in the beggining, but now with the mature and dark style, all have to be like Batman style not?

So if you expect that DC make a cool, bloody and dark superhero, then you are wrong because in Marvel of DC every has his own style...

19 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 3rd June 2014, 12:39 pm

Tammar

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
AleSIr19 wrote:Ben wasnt base in a comic book hero and a comic book series of DC or Marvel, that was call Dial for Hero?

I think that is the best (and only) good example of how Ben 10 would be in DC Universe, but with aliens (off course), In DC will be like is now Omniverse, cool desings that fix with a mature and teen age style, full of extrange references to the pop culture and of course full of all type of differents aliens and villains.

The only thing, is that now, DC is changing a lot the personality of his superhero, Batman was a classy detective, and now he is a dark, noir detective and that goes well but is killing, Green Lantern and Flash were more joke guys and they do what they do because they love it,  but now somewriters try to make a motivation happen.

Almost any one Superhero of DC was Dark in the beggining, but now with the mature and dark style, all have to be like Batman style not?

So if you expect that DC make a cool, bloody and dark superhero, then you are wrong because in Marvel of DC every has his own style...
Ben is not in the DC universe. His comic books were published by them, but he's not in a known established universe

20 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 5th June 2014, 12:26 pm

Omni-Highbreed97

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
I guess if Ben could be from DC Universe, he won't be "The Greatest Hero in the Universe" anymore. Laughing Ben's aliens are truly outmatched by DC heroes.

21 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 5th June 2014, 8:45 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
To name some examples XLR8, Upgrade, Ghostfreak, Way Big, Clockwork, Gravattack, Pesky Dust, and Atomix are all viable while the other aliens fill niche roles.

And Alien X can dues ex machina anything, so he's pretty good depending on how he's written.

22 Re: Should ben 10 be in dc universe? on 6th June 2014, 3:28 am

Omni-Highbreed97

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Now that you say it, I guess Ben could pose a good fight against BC heroes after all. He can turn into Ghostfreak and possess Superman, then all is well and good.

I would love if Ben featured in an animated DC film one way or another, even if its purely non-canonical. Well, I could wish you know.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum