Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Future of Ben 10

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Future of Ben 10 on 22nd May 2014, 12:07 pm

The Username

avatar
Human
Human
ultraalien wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:
ultraalien wrote:If a future Ben 10 series were to have a TV PG rating like some cartoon network shows it would allow the producers and writers more creative freedom.
Yes, that would be so much better, or be more like: TV PG VL, the language part is impossible but they have managed to do PG V before with Generator Rex, Young Justice, and Star Wars
They also done this with two Ben 10 movies and a Generator Rex Ben 10 crossover but the L part is not going to happen So I think cartoon network can get away with a TV PG rating for Ben 10.
What was UAF rated, again? Been a while. I do agree, TV-PG would definitely be better.


_________________
username has evolved, and has now become The Username. Soon I will have enough power to destroy this planet. Nothing personal, I just think you guys are weird.

27 Re: Future of Ben 10 on 22nd May 2014, 12:15 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
The Username wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:
ultraalien wrote:If a future Ben 10 series were to have a TV PG rating like some cartoon network shows it would allow the producers and writers more creative freedom.
Yes, that would be so much better, or be more like: TV PG VL, the language part is impossible but they have managed to do PG V before with Generator Rex, Young Justice, and Star Wars
They also done this with two Ben 10 movies and a Generator Rex Ben 10 crossover but the L part is not going to happen So I think cartoon network can get away with a TV PG rating for Ben 10.
What was UAF rated, again? Been a while. I do agree, TV-PG would definitely be better.
TV Y7 FV

28 Re: Future of Ben 10 on 26th May 2014, 10:21 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
ultraalien wrote:If a future Ben 10 series were to have a TV PG rating like some cartoon network shows it would allow the producers and writers more creative freedom.

What you think is "creative freedom"?, where you do think come from all the things and ideas that make you the AF/UA fans so angry with Omniverse?, the tone of every show is different, Ben 10 have this child humor with mature tone, but you cant compare Ben 10 with Young Justice, because the second is a DC show.

Ben 10 have a good creative freedom, where you think come from Whampire? An alien that is only use 1 time in all the series, Ben 10 have really good creative freedom only that you doesnt know nothing about the tone of the show.

29 Re: Future of Ben 10 on 26th May 2014, 11:57 pm

The Username

avatar
Human
Human
AleSIr19 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:If a future Ben 10 series were to have a TV PG rating like some cartoon network shows it would allow the producers and writers more creative freedom.

What you think is "creative freedom"?, where you do think come from all the things and ideas that make you the AF/UA fans so angry with Omniverse?, the tone of every show is different, Ben 10 have this child humor with mature tone, but you cant compare Ben 10 with Young Justice, because the second is a DC show.

Ben 10 have a good creative freedom, where you think come from Whampire? An alien that is only use 1 time in all the series, Ben 10 have really good creative freedom only that you doesnt know nothing about the tone of the show.
I'm not sure how to respond to this, but I'll give it a go.
1. By "creative freedom," I, and I'm guessing the others, means that the series would be freer to pursue darker stories, have darker themes, etc. Essentially it would be a show for older kids.
2. It's the childish humor that plays a large role in the tone, which is not at all dark but rather childish in OV.
3. It can be compared to Young Justice. It doesn't matter what universe it's in, what is being compared is the tone. If I wanted Ben 10 to have an EXTREMELY mature tone I could compare it to Game of Thrones. Young Justice, in terms of tone, is the closest of what I'm thinking of.
4. No clue what your point about Whampire is.
5. The tone is rather well understood. OV doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as the other shows, thus it's said to have a more childish tone, as that is the audience it is catered to. What I, and I'm guessing ultraalien and others want is for the series to be less focued on pleasing kids and more for general audiences.


_________________
username has evolved, and has now become The Username. Soon I will have enough power to destroy this planet. Nothing personal, I just think you guys are weird.

30 Re: Future of Ben 10 on 27th May 2014, 7:53 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The Username wrote:
AleSIr19 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:If a future Ben 10 series were to have a TV PG rating like some cartoon network shows it would allow the producers and writers more creative freedom.

What you think is "creative freedom"?, where you do think come from all the things and ideas that make you the AF/UA fans so angry with Omniverse?, the tone of every show is different, Ben 10 have this child humor with mature tone, but you cant compare Ben 10 with Young Justice, because the second is a DC show.

Ben 10 have a good creative freedom, where you think come from Whampire? An alien that is only use 1 time in all the series, Ben 10 have really good creative freedom only that you doesnt know nothing about the tone of the show.
I'm not sure how to respond to this, but I'll give it a go.
1. By "creative freedom," I, and I'm guessing the others, means that the series would be freer to pursue darker stories, have darker themes, etc. Essentially it would be a show for older kids.
2. It's the childish humor that plays a large role in the tone, which is not at all dark but rather childish in OV.
3. It can be compared to Young Justice. It doesn't matter what universe it's in, what is being compared is the tone. If I wanted Ben 10 to have an EXTREMELY mature tone I could compare it to Game of Thrones. Young Justice, in terms of tone, is the closest of what I'm thinking of.
4. No clue what your point about Whampire is.
5. The tone is rather well understood. OV doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as the other shows, thus it's said to have a more childish tone, as that is the audience it is catered to. What I, and I'm guessing  ultraalien and others want is for the series to be less focued on pleasing kids and more for general audiences.

Man of Action have creative freedom when they choose to change the superheros for aliens, Dwayne McDuffy and the asian guy that have creative freedom when they choose to change all the tone of the series and now Omniverse have creative freedom to change again the tone of the show and to be more creative.

What i am talking about is that the creative team alredy have "creative freedom", how do you think they can pull of the idea of almost 20 new aliens in only one show, the idea of Whampire a alien that the same Derrick say is only use one episode in all the series and where do you think come from the new design, the killing off design and the killing off humor.

One think too easy is to say "they dont have creative freedom" when clearly they have, you people have to see that the show is like he is now because the same people of AF and UA wants it like that!

And the tone of DC is too far broken, because Batman is dark, but every superhero is different, Superman have to be more clear, Flash is more funny and fantasy, Green Lantern is too fantasy, Wonder Woman is too Fantasy, every superhero have his own tone and Nolan kills that, because all the dark dont have to be cool...

31 Re: Future of Ben 10 on 27th May 2014, 8:55 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
AleSIr19 wrote:
The Username wrote:
AleSIr19 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:If a future Ben 10 series were to have a TV PG rating like some cartoon network shows it would allow the producers and writers more creative freedom.

What you think is "creative freedom"?, where you do think come from all the things and ideas that make you the AF/UA fans so angry with Omniverse?, the tone of every show is different, Ben 10 have this child humor with mature tone, but you cant compare Ben 10 with Young Justice, because the second is a DC show.

Ben 10 have a good creative freedom, where you think come from Whampire? An alien that is only use 1 time in all the series, Ben 10 have really good creative freedom only that you doesnt know nothing about the tone of the show.
I'm not sure how to respond to this, but I'll give it a go.
1. By "creative freedom," I, and I'm guessing the others, means that the series would be freer to pursue darker stories, have darker themes, etc. Essentially it would be a show for older kids.
2. It's the childish humor that plays a large role in the tone, which is not at all dark but rather childish in OV.
3. It can be compared to Young Justice. It doesn't matter what universe it's in, what is being compared is the tone. If I wanted Ben 10 to have an EXTREMELY mature tone I could compare it to Game of Thrones. Young Justice, in terms of tone, is the closest of what I'm thinking of.
4. No clue what your point about Whampire is.
5. The tone is rather well understood. OV doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as the other shows, thus it's said to have a more childish tone, as that is the audience it is catered to. What I, and I'm guessing  ultraalien and others want is for the series to be less focued on pleasing kids and more for general audiences.

Man of Action have creative freedom when they choose to change the superheros for aliens, Dwayne McDuffy and the asian guy that have creative freedom when they choose to change all the tone of the series and now Omniverse have creative freedom to change again the tone of the show and to be more creative.

What i am talking about is that the creative team alredy have "creative freedom", how do you think they can pull of the idea of almost 20 new aliens in only one show, the idea of Whampire a alien that the same Derrick say is only use one episode in all the series and where do you think come from the new design, the killing off design and the killing off humor.

One think too easy is to say "they dont have creative freedom" when clearly they have, you people have to see that the show is like he is now because the same people of AF and UA wants it like that!

And the tone of DC is too far broken, because Batman is dark, but every superhero is different, Superman have to be more clear, Flash is more funny and fantasy, Green Lantern is too fantasy, Wonder Woman is too Fantasy, every superhero have his own tone and Nolan kills that, because all the dark dont have to be cool...
What The Username means is how far you can go in a series through the writers do have plenty of creative freedom.

32 Re: Future of Ben 10 on 1st June 2014, 11:51 am

Omni-Highbreed97

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Omniverse has been a complete fun-fest. I just realized just now after coming of age... I watch cartoons for the entertainment. I think Omniverse do stuff for the general audiences pretty well as I enjoy it very much.

33 Re: Future of Ben 10 on 3rd June 2014, 7:45 am

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Omni-Highbreed97 wrote:Omniverse has been a complete fun-fest. I just realized just now after coming of age... I watch cartoons for the entertainment. I think Omniverse do stuff for the general audiences pretty well as I enjoy it very much.


"Fun-fest" Best description of the show thus far.  lol! 

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum