Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A fifth series

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1 A fifth series on 12th October 2014, 1:46 am

Do you guys think we will see a fifth series considering they are burning off the franchise?

2 Re: A fifth series on 12th October 2014, 3:01 am

Transyl Servantis

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
No.

3 Re: A fifth series on 12th October 2014, 5:15 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Only realy i think maybe is because of how bad CN got the past few years getting back to basics might be a good idea and ben 10 is still crazy popular globally.

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

4 Re: A fifth series on 12th October 2014, 7:34 pm

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
I really hope they do and 2 years ago it was likely but now i don't know.

5 Re: A fifth series on 21st October 2014, 10:14 pm

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber
I was just thinking about what I would like to see in a fifth season and I came up with, what I thought, was an awesome idea. They should make a show about Ken 10 and Devlin 11. It should have a tone similar to the OS, but set in the future. It could mostly just be about Ken and Devlin, but they could throw Ben, Gwen, Max, and even Kevin into the show to make things interesting. What do you guys think?

6 Re: A fifth series on 22nd October 2014, 5:50 am

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
Like a fan of Ben 10 i want and i would love a fifth series, but for what is happening with last episodes of Omniverse i will say we (the fans) and they (the crew) are pretty much fuck.

I will miss Ben 10, but at less Youngberg, Wayne and Fullerton finds a way to create a miracle, Ben 10 is over. The most sad thing is that Omniverse for far was a really cool series, they make (and left open) so many good plots. I will miss to see more about the time war, to see more about new characters and aliens that i know they would create and show in that fifth series and even worst i never will see Chadwick like monster again.

For me other thing that really kills off everything is that like they only have 20 episodes and this was Omniverse, then the crew choices to do a lot of filler episodes, that present new themes, show more character development, but that in long way dont make Ben be one step closer to become Ben 10.000.

By the time of the 4 Arc finale, the aliens and humans live together, Ben have a lot of new aliens and almost every alien show in Ben 10.000: Toepick, Articguana and even Atomix. Later to the end of 6 Arc we have Kevin facing his destiny and taking a "X" in the face.

So for god sake, this 20 episodes, will be really cool, will make more development, like in "Rook Tales" with Rook, "Charm School" with Chamcaster, "Fight At The Museum" with Kai, Ben, Ester and even Exo-Skull, "The Ballad of Mr. Baumann" with of course Baumann, "The Color of the Monkey" with Simian and "Vreedlemania" with the Vreedles.

Is shit that CN kill some good series like this, is sad, because we will get in the finale seasons what make really good Omniverse, but we will not have a good end to Ben 10 big story of Ben becoming Ben 10.000.

7 Re: A fifth series on 24th October 2014, 10:50 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
as noted here

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/animation-work-in-and-around-los-angeles.html

Ben 10 -- Winding down, but up for a future reboot

Ben was considered to be winding down but up for another reboot in august. Now they may well have considered and rejected but at least we know someone was thinking about it recently.

8 Re: A fifth series on 25th October 2014, 12:07 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Considering I've wanted a reboot since UA (though OV changed my mind pretty quickly) the idea is quite attractive.

9 Re: A fifth series on 25th October 2014, 12:34 am

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Considering I've wanted a reboot since UA (though OV changed my mind pretty quickly) the idea is quite attractive.

What would you, and I mean all of you, want from a hard reboot of Classic Ben 10. What would a good reboot include from the newer series to improve the story to be retold.

Should they redo the road trip, what would change, what would Kevin's alignment be?
Should they try and bring on a supporting cast from UAF and OV to fill in for OS's sad lack of a supporting cast, ie, should this alternate Ben encounter a young Rook or Argit.
How about Aliens, just classics and brand new additions, possibly including Feedback or Clockwork, or should Ben 10's unlocking rate increase so that he gets all the important forms from UAF and OV.

10 Re: A fifth series on 25th October 2014, 12:49 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Maybe its time to take a que from anime and just have the same names in a setting thats close but just goes it's own way after the origin. We've had continuations for years maybe its time for something else.

I admit I like af/ua and its continuing story of an older Ben more the i ever like the original series, but I think it's time has passed.

Hoping to be wrong.

DD

11 Re: A fifth series on 25th October 2014, 1:20 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
It's a tough question. I would have to say I'd like for a new iteration to share little with the "original" Ben 10 beyond the protagonist and the aliens. The concept of the Omnitrix is really the only thing that needs to be kept. There's a million ways to do things with it, so I wouldn't want them to be constrained by having to retread what has gone on before. I'd like something akin to the Digimon franchise.

12 Re: A fifth series on 25th October 2014, 2:20 am

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:It's a tough question. I would have to say I'd like for a new iteration to share little with the "original" Ben 10 beyond the protagonist and the aliens. The concept of the Omnitrix is really the only thing that needs to be kept. There's a million ways to do things with it, so I wouldn't want them to be constrained by having to retread what has gone on before. I'd like something akin to the Digimon franchise.
Or like the dc new 52 or marvel or like the marvel cinimatic universe that reboots the stories either way i would love a reboot as i would make ben 10 into a bigger franchise and maybe they can make the story a little darker and serious. Man just thinking about it makes me want it more. Plus so much nostalgia.They can also add feedback and young clockwork.

13 Re: A fifth series on 25th October 2014, 3:26 am

AustinHolt2022

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
When I was a kid I always wanted there to be a Ben 10,000 series... but that'd be really hard to pull off. Plus, they already did the time skip thing with AF. Not sure how a 5th series would work anymore...

14 Re: A fifth series on 25th October 2014, 9:34 am

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
They can focus on an alternate Ben we haven't seen yet. That could continue smoothly from Omniverse, and we'd still get to see Prime Ben.

Or maybe a far future.

Or about a past user of the Omnitrix. (after Azmuth, but before Ben)

15 Re: A fifth series on 25th October 2014, 9:01 pm

MekongTiger

Plumber
Plumber
Just some ideas for a rebooted alternate Ben 10 animated series:

Have Ben use aliens that were underused.

Have Ben use Squidstrictor and Rocks in the show, they won't appear in Omniverse.

Give the other Tennyson family members more appearances.

Gwen becomes Lucky Girl whenever "it's hero time".

Cast Troy Baker as a villain into the show.

16 Re: A fifth series on 4th November 2014, 8:42 pm

jesse220

Human
Human
I'm thinking right now the 5th Ben 10 series could be a crossover between Ben 10 and Doctor Who.

17 Re: A fifth series on 4th November 2014, 9:18 pm

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
jesse220 wrote:I'm thinking right now the 5th Ben 10 series could be a crossover between Ben 10 and Doctor Who.
Um What?

18 Re: A fifth series on 8th November 2014, 9:16 pm

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber
http://cheshirep.tumblr.com/post/102070757572/omniverse-ends-next-friday

I'm not sure that we're getting a fifth series, but I don't believe that Ben 10 is done quite yet.

19 Re: A fifth series on 8th November 2014, 9:28 pm

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
verbomaniac wrote:http://cheshirep.tumblr.com/post/102070757572/omniverse-ends-next-friday

I'm not sure that we're getting a fifth series, but I don't believe that Ben 10 is done quite yet.
Maybe it's a TV Movie.

20 Re: A fifth series on 8th November 2014, 9:32 pm

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber
verbomaniac wrote:http://cheshirep.tumblr.com/post/102070757572/omniverse-ends-next-friday

http://cheshirep.tumblr.com

Look at her latest post. It has the hashtag "this won't be the last of all series". I'm feeling a reboot coming on...

21 Re: A fifth series on 8th November 2014, 11:01 pm

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
With how Cartoon Network's going to treat things... it's most likely this will happen:
Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 = the release, It'll wait til after Transformers or Sonic Boom gets cancelled and replace that slot with a 7 or 6am timeslot for the reboot for S1, then air it weekday mornings and treat it shitty.

Cartoon Network basically gives up on action cartoons, Teen Titans found a loophole, while everything else DC moved out of CN. and now they're treating Sega and Hasbro super bad.

I think it's best for Cartoon Network to just lose their rights to anything DC/WB, Sega, or Hasbro, or even anything action. They just treat their shows so bad and don't give a shit for action, only their original comedies (which most of them are terrible now)

Action shows are just not a thing anymore, and why people move anything action to cinematic movies.

Anyway... my best bet is Ben 10 will pull the Teen Titans loop for the possible reboot, and just move on. Otherwise this franchise will come to it's end until action cartoons become a thing again.

22 Re: A fifth series on 8th November 2014, 11:13 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix wrote:With how Cartoon Network's going to treat things... it's most likely this will happen:
Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 = the release, It'll wait til after Transformers or Sonic Boom gets cancelled and replace that slot with a 7 or 6am timeslot for the reboot for S1, then air it weekday mornings and treat it shitty.

Cartoon Network basically gives up on action cartoons, Teen Titans found a loophole, while everything else DC moved out of CN. and now they're treating Sega and Hasbro super bad.

I think it's best for Cartoon Network to just lose their rights to anything DC/WB, Sega, or Hasbro, or even anything action. They just treat their shows so bad and don't give a shit for action, only their original comedies (which most of them are terrible now)

Action shows are just not a thing anymore, and why people move anything action to cinematic movies.

Anyway... my best bet is Ben 10 will pull the Teen Titans loop for the possible reboot, and just move on. Otherwise this franchise will come to it's end until action cartoons become a thing again.

I don't really watch T.V currently, What networks do run Action Cartoons nowadays? only trippy Adventure time like shit gets any traction on CN, while Nick is trying to wash Korra out of its hands.

Does Disney still do Marvel cartoons?

23 Re: A fifth series on 8th November 2014, 11:36 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

Plumber
Plumber
Disney Marvel cartoons are still there but there hasn't been a good one since EMH. They have Rebels going on currently but that's apparently pretty short (as of now).

Korra had marketing issues apparently and it's settled pretty decently on an online release since they figured the main audience didn't watch then viewed it online beforehand. It should be done in a few weeks - beyond that Nick also has TMNT 2012 which is apparently pretty good. I'm not one for CGI though.

CN really just has Ben 10 right now, everything else is significantly more of one genre than action. I heard awhile back that guy who worked on the Scooby Doo UFC movie was doing some sort of DC series on CN but idk what came of that.

24 Re: A fifth series on 9th November 2014, 1:31 am

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Hm a special announcement a someone wants to tell us something but as paradox would say no spoilers please let there be a reboot or new series.
P.S isn't it nice that Ben 10 Omniverse is ending and there's no acknowledgement whatsoever i swear if this isn't the channel Ben 10 is on i would have nothing to do with it.

25 Re: A fifth series on 9th November 2014, 4:23 am

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
Wathever CN have in mind for Ben 10, Derrick doesnt wanna to be in anymore.

I think the show runners have the original plan of make another two spin off, with the same art design and writers time, something like AF/UA, that one go out after the other one in less that four months. But they idea go in the wrong way and they end up with the 5 series.

For me is ok, wathever they have in mind is fine, but i only wish we will never have again the crappy design of AF/UA or even worst the nonsense history's. That is all i wish.

I think the worst CN can do is a reboot, the OS is the original series, it wont be other, it will feel like shit to have another series taking the good material and taking another view of it, that will become in one way or another a joke.

In one side or another we are screw, Omniverse put the level of work so hight in a way AF/UA never have done before, that for me is impossible another serie could get me happy again. If a 5th series is coming in the way they have a great redesign, almost or even more of 70 aliens, +70 characters, is a lot of work.

Because after Omniverse show us how Ben use all his aliens (except the crap of Fasttrack, the sad Chamalien and Jetray), to battle all his villains or almost every one of them even new ones, then 5th series have to done not only the same even better and that is way to far.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum