Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

A fifth series

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101 Re: A fifth series on 16th November 2014, 7:36 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Back on topic anyone hear anything about a new series or even just any NEW news that no one knew about?


_________________


102 Re: A fifth series on 16th November 2014, 7:57 pm

Gravattacker

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
beczam1290 wrote:Back on topic anyone hear anything about a new series or even just any NEW news that no one knew about?

Only CheshireP old informations

103 Re: A fifth series on 16th November 2014, 8:40 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Gravattacker wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:Back on topic anyone hear anything about a new series or even just any NEW news that no one knew about?

Only CheshireP old informations
I hope the announcement she claims is happening comes soon because I really want another series


_________________


104 Re: A fifth series on 16th November 2014, 8:45 pm

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
AleSIr19 wrote:Here they are the last videos, in there Charlotte Fullerton, Matt Youngberg, David McDermott, Matt Wayne and Kevin Rubio (that record) and even Derrick J. Wyatt make the final reunion and prepare some episodes.

The Final Writers Meeting Begins - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjS_cZb7hCk

Working out Story Points - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjS_cZb7hCk

Your link repeats itself there friend.

Working Out Story Points (The one with Derrick): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcRBH3s4nUg

This one in particular was really cool to listen too, particularly in the way it connects to what we eventually see on screen from conception. I'm guessing the camera makes them a bit nervous at some points, but this is a great insight into how the writing on the show worked. I wish there was more of these kinds of behind the scenes shots.

105 Re: A fifth series on 16th November 2014, 10:51 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Wow not even the creators of the franchise acknowledged omniverse ended they are cartoon network sure care alot about ben 10


_________________


106 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 12:27 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:
AleSIr19 wrote:Here they are the last videos, in there Charlotte Fullerton, Matt Youngberg, David McDermott, Matt Wayne and Kevin Rubio (that record) and even Derrick J. Wyatt make the final reunion and prepare some episodes.

The Final Writers Meeting Begins - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjS_cZb7hCk

Working out Story Points - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjS_cZb7hCk

Your link repeats itself there friend.

Working Out Story Points (The one with Derrick): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcRBH3s4nUg

This one in particular was really cool to listen too, particularly in the way it connects to what we eventually see on screen from conception. I'm guessing the camera makes them a bit nervous at some points, but this is a great insight into how the writing on the show worked. I wish there was more of these kinds of behind the scenes shots.

Yes, the only thing is that in one they are talking about i think "Let's Do The Time War" and the another one we have Charlotte Fullerton in the last meet of the crew.

107 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 12:39 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
https://twitter.com/MattSWayne/status/534109527151349760

Bread crumbs


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

108 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 1:00 am

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
datdude wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSWayne/status/534109527151349760

Bread crumbs

A year for the next seed of Ben 10? Hopefully it'll feature stuff like Jetray and Chromastone... and hopefully new aliens!

109 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 1:13 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix wrote:
datdude wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSWayne/status/534109527151349760

Bread crumbs

A year for the next seed of Ben 10? Hopefully it'll feature stuff like Jetray and Chromastone... and hopefully new aliens!

A year for SOMETHING. lets hope its a 5th series.


_________________
http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-01.jpg

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

110 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 1:24 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
datdude wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:
datdude wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSWayne/status/534109527151349760

Bread crumbs

A year for the next seed of Ben 10? Hopefully it'll feature stuff like Jetray and Chromastone... and hopefully new aliens!

A year for SOMETHING. lets hope its a 5th series.
I don't want to wait that long ugh at least there's hope right I mean we thought ben 10 was over for good but that's clearly not the case


_________________


111 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 1:29 am

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSWayne/status/534109527151349760

Bread crumbs

I mean, to me that confirms that either it is going to be a reboot / completely new team of people taking over the show.

112 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 1:35 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Lukey wrote:
datdude wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSWayne/status/534109527151349760

Bread crumbs

I mean, to me that confirms that either it is going to be a reboot / completely new team of people taking over the show.
Um what u mean new team of people also I don't think it actually means it will take a year for the series to premiere I think it will take a year to see argit again we probably won't see him right away as they are going to be exploring the universe most likely without argit and won't be seeing him for a while


_________________


113 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 1:50 am

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
beczam1290 wrote:
Um what u mean new team of people also I don't think it actually means it will take a year for the series to premiere I think it will take a year to see argit again we probably won't see him right away as they are going to be exploring the universe most likely without argit and won't be seeing him for a while

I mean a new team of staff writing and creating the show.

114 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 2:22 am

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
Lukey wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
Um what u mean new team of people also I don't think it actually means it will take a year for the series to premiere I think it will take a year to see argit again we probably won't see him right away as they are going to be exploring the universe most likely without argit and won't be seeing him for a while

I mean a new team of staff writing and creating the show.
I think the team will only change a bit.

115 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 6:26 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSWayne/status/534109527151349760

Bread crumbs

That was obvious Datdude and every one from here, when Len Uhley a guy that had work in almost everything from Ben 10: Alien Force to now say that his last episode was "Vreedlemania" and later in the Arc 8, we get that a lot of writers are new to the franchise i say to myself we are fuck.

And here we are, i think they will do the same CN do to the OS, they will came up with some one like Dwayne McDuffie (only that for the new generation) a new main artist and will start from "zero" again the franchise.

In other words, they want to change again the tone of Ben 10 to fix to the new young people and the new young kids. In 2008 the way to make this was to make out the serious teen age series, but now the shows had change CN only wants comedy stuff and cheat stuff that is seal easy way.

So for one side i am crying, for the other i am laughing of people like you Datdude, that grown up or even love the almost "reboot" that CN do to Ben 10 in 2008 with AF and now you the same people will have to face the same style of reboot again, only that in the other side....

116 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 1:12 pm

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
AleSIr19 wrote:
datdude wrote:https://twitter.com/MattSWayne/status/534109527151349760

Bread crumbs

That was obvious Datdude and every one from here, when Len Uhley a guy that had work in almost everything from Ben 10: Alien Force to now say that his last episode was "Vreedlemania" and later in the Arc 8, we get that a lot of writers are new to the franchise i say to myself we are fuck.

And here we are, i think they will do the same CN do to the OS, they will came up with some one like Dwayne McDuffie (only that for the new generation) a new main artist and will start from "zero" again the franchise.

In other words, they want to change again the tone of Ben 10 to fix to the new young people and the new young kids. In 2008 the way to make this was to make out the serious teen age series, but now the shows had change CN only wants comedy stuff and cheat stuff that is seal easy way.

So for one side i am crying, for the other i am laughing of people like you Datdude, that grown up or even love the almost "reboot" that CN do to Ben 10 in 2008 with AF and now you the same people will have to face the same style of reboot again, only that in the other side....

Well, the tone isn't that reliant on the people working it. Fullerton, Youngberg and Wayne were the big players in UAF, and OV was lighter in tone than Ben 10 Classic, with the only difference being that Wyatt took over all the art assets (and was involved with the writing, simply because OV was a visually lead show), and Youngberg took full control of show running, which he previously shared with McDuffie.

My problem with a dramatic change of staff, is the other problems with the OS-AF Cross over. People are not going to know the universe super well, change the characters without regard for what came before, and probably forget all the old Alien forms that weren't super marketable, (The Outbreaks, the Halloween Trio, the Classic Ben10Ks)

117 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 3:31 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
I suspect the 5th series is not in pre-production yet and it's only recently planned. If a veteran like Matt Youngberg were to get on board the transition can go on more smoothly for a sequel.

118 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 8:45 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
ZeroRecoil wrote:

My problem with a dramatic change of staff, is the other problems with the OS-AF Cross over. People are not going to know the universe super well, change the characters without regard for what came before, and probably forget all the old Alien forms that weren't super marketable, (The Outbreaks, the Halloween Trio, the Classic Ben10Ks)

Indeed, which is also probably the biggest reason why a reboot at this point would be a good thing. Not to mention that the original series started almost a decade ago now. Not everyone in the target audience will actually be familiar with the original series or even the series that came after it. There's simply too much stuff in this continuity, and honestly I'd say it's possible that in bringing back so much stuff from the OS OV might have confused some younger fans, too. Things like that happen. Continuity lockout is a real problem.

119 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 8:54 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

My problem with a dramatic change of staff, is the other problems with the OS-AF Cross over. People are not going to know the universe super well, change the characters without regard for what came before, and probably forget all the old Alien forms that weren't super marketable, (The Outbreaks, the Halloween Trio, the Classic Ben10Ks)

Indeed, which is also probably the biggest reason why a reboot at this point would be a good thing. Not to mention that the original series started almost a decade ago now. Not everyone in the target audience will actually be familiar with the original series or even the series that came after it. There's simply too much stuff in this continuity, and honestly I'd say it's possible that in bringing back so much stuff from the OS OV might have confused some younger fans, too. Things like that happen. Continuity lockout is a real problem.
A reboot can go two ways a partial or a full reboot.

120 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 9:27 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
ultraalien wrote:
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

My problem with a dramatic change of staff, is the other problems with the OS-AF Cross over. People are not going to know the universe super well, change the characters without regard for what came before, and probably forget all the old Alien forms that weren't super marketable, (The Outbreaks, the Halloween Trio, the Classic Ben10Ks)

Indeed, which is also probably the biggest reason why a reboot at this point would be a good thing. Not to mention that the original series started almost a decade ago now. Not everyone in the target audience will actually be familiar with the original series or even the series that came after it. There's simply too much stuff in this continuity, and honestly I'd say it's possible that in bringing back so much stuff from the OS OV might have confused some younger fans, too. Things like that happen. Continuity lockout is a real problem.
A reboot can go two ways a partial or a full reboot.
What is a partial reboot what's the difference


_________________


121 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 9:33 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
beczam1290 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

My problem with a dramatic change of staff, is the other problems with the OS-AF Cross over. People are not going to know the universe super well, change the characters without regard for what came before, and probably forget all the old Alien forms that weren't super marketable, (The Outbreaks, the Halloween Trio, the Classic Ben10Ks)

Indeed, which is also probably the biggest reason why a reboot at this point would be a good thing. Not to mention that the original series started almost a decade ago now. Not everyone in the target audience will actually be familiar with the original series or even the series that came after it. There's simply too much stuff in this continuity, and honestly I'd say it's possible that in bringing back so much stuff from the OS OV might have confused some younger fans, too. Things like that happen. Continuity lockout is a real problem.
A reboot can go two ways a partial or a full reboot.
What is a partial reboot what's the difference
With a partial reboot or soft reboot where the core of the franchise is still canonical but the expanded universe is relegated to a secondary continuity which, while not completely invalid, is subject to revision and critical review.

122 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 9:42 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
ultraalien wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

My problem with a dramatic change of staff, is the other problems with the OS-AF Cross over. People are not going to know the universe super well, change the characters without regard for what came before, and probably forget all the old Alien forms that weren't super marketable, (The Outbreaks, the Halloween Trio, the Classic Ben10Ks)

Indeed, which is also probably the biggest reason why a reboot at this point would be a good thing. Not to mention that the original series started almost a decade ago now. Not everyone in the target audience will actually be familiar with the original series or even the series that came after it. There's simply too much stuff in this continuity, and honestly I'd say it's possible that in bringing back so much stuff from the OS OV might have confused some younger fans, too. Things like that happen. Continuity lockout is a real problem.
A reboot can go two ways a partial or a full reboot.
What is a partial reboot what's the difference
With a partial reboot or soft reboot  where the core of the franchise is still canonical but the expanded universe is relegated to a secondary continuity which, while not completely invalid, is subject to revision and critical review.
Oh and a full reboot is when nothing from the past is canon and anything can change even Bens Orgin story and starting aliens kinda like the dc new 52


_________________


123 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 10:00 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
beczam1290 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

My problem with a dramatic change of staff, is the other problems with the OS-AF Cross over. People are not going to know the universe super well, change the characters without regard for what came before, and probably forget all the old Alien forms that weren't super marketable, (The Outbreaks, the Halloween Trio, the Classic Ben10Ks)

Indeed, which is also probably the biggest reason why a reboot at this point would be a good thing. Not to mention that the original series started almost a decade ago now. Not everyone in the target audience will actually be familiar with the original series or even the series that came after it. There's simply too much stuff in this continuity, and honestly I'd say it's possible that in bringing back so much stuff from the OS OV might have confused some younger fans, too. Things like that happen. Continuity lockout is a real problem.
A reboot can go two ways a partial or a full reboot.
What is a partial reboot what's the difference
With a partial reboot or soft reboot  where the core of the franchise is still canonical but the expanded universe is relegated to a secondary continuity which, while not completely invalid, is subject to revision and critical review.
Oh and a full reboot is when nothing from the past is canon and anything can change even Bens Orgin story and starting aliens kinda like the dc new 52

Yes, exactly.

Personally I would prefer a full reboot, but I guess there's no reason a partial reboot can't be good.

124 Re: A fifth series on 17th November 2014, 10:05 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

My problem with a dramatic change of staff, is the other problems with the OS-AF Cross over. People are not going to know the universe super well, change the characters without regard for what came before, and probably forget all the old Alien forms that weren't super marketable, (The Outbreaks, the Halloween Trio, the Classic Ben10Ks)

Indeed, which is also probably the biggest reason why a reboot at this point would be a good thing. Not to mention that the original series started almost a decade ago now. Not everyone in the target audience will actually be familiar with the original series or even the series that came after it. There's simply too much stuff in this continuity, and honestly I'd say it's possible that in bringing back so much stuff from the OS OV might have confused some younger fans, too. Things like that happen. Continuity lockout is a real problem.
A reboot can go two ways a partial or a full reboot.
What is a partial reboot what's the difference
With a partial reboot or soft reboot  where the core of the franchise is still canonical but the expanded universe is relegated to a secondary continuity which, while not completely invalid, is subject to revision and critical review.
Oh and a full reboot is when nothing from the past is canon and anything can change even Bens Orgin story and starting aliens kinda like the dc new 52

Yes, exactly.

Personally I would prefer a full reboot, but I guess there's no reason a partial reboot can't be good.
As would i i think it would be cool to ben be unlocking new aliens and even aliens we know he has be he doesnt also i want to see him meet vilgax for the first time again


_________________


125 Re: A fifth series on 18th November 2014, 8:18 pm

Gravattacker

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
No news

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum