Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are your feelings about omniverse ending soon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
I just noticed that in less then a month (November 14) omniverse will be over with what are your feelings about this are you sad personally i am always sad to see a series end but i would be ok with a 5th series hopefully but wouldn't we have heard about it by now?

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber
Oh yeah, I'll be sad about Omniverse ending. I think that it has been a great addition to the Ben 10 franchise. I hope that we'll be getting another series soon, but I am not positive that we will. However, I believe that CheshireP said something about there being plans for Ben 10 beyond this series. One can only hope...

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
verbomaniac wrote:Oh yeah, I'll be sad about Omniverse ending. I think that it has been a great addition to the Ben 10 franchise. I hope that we'll be getting another series soon, but I am not positive that we will. However, I believe that CheshireP said something about there being plans for Ben 10 beyond this series. One can only hope...

Even if there are plans, Matt Wayne and Charlotte Fullerton seem pretty shaky on the future of the franchise. All future plans for Ben 10 need a network to support them, which they currently don't have.

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Im sadder if this is the end of the chain of series we've had since 04 then I am about omniverse ending. I never liked the series, even if a few episodes managed to be good.

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
datdude wrote:Im sadder if this is the end of the chain of series we've had since 04 then I am about omniverse ending. I never liked the series, even if a few episodes managed to be good.
I like omniverse but i cant say i'm that sad to see it go i just hope this isn't the end of the franchise altogether

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Sad, on one hand, because, crap! there's only 16 episodes left of this wonderful show that has become so important to me over the past two years. At the same time, it's already fulfilled so many of my hopes for this franchise, and it got so many more episodes that any other series, so I can't complain. And if the franchise itself ends here, well. Personally, since I consider this the high point of the Ben 10 franchise and I have confidence that the final arc will be satisfactory, I will be ok with it.

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Tsuchimikado Motoharu wrote:Sad, on one hand, because, crap! there's only 16 episodes left of this wonderful show that has become so important to me over the past two years. At the same time, it's already fulfilled so many of my hopes for this franchise, and it got so many more episodes that any other series, so I can't complain. And if the franchise itself ends here, well. Personally, since I consider this the high point of the Ben 10 franchise and I have confidence that the final arc will be satisfactory, I will be ok with it.
so would i but i just can't help wondering what if there is more i mean i remember they didnt reveal ultimate alien till after the alien force finale so maybe theres still hope but idk.

PeruAlonso

Plumber
Plumber
Honestly, it's disappointing.

CN just decides to air it 5 days a week instead of Saturday mornings, though moving to Friday nights wouldn't be a bad idea.

What makes it worse is that there's no chance of a 5th Ben 10 series. Can't CN at least come up with something for the Big 1-0 of the franchise?

Still, it was great tuning in to the latest remake of Ben 10 since 2012.

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
It was sad with Ben 10 OS, later when i end up watching the episodes of AF and UA i expect the series to end, because for god sake so many filler episodes that dont have any good stuff and only the main plot was good.

But with Omniverse will be way back again like in the OS, a really good series, that make so many great things to the franchise, every week in the internet or in the tv watching or expecting the new episodes or the spoilers.

I think i will never feel something like this again with the franchise, because of course Omniverse will end, but even worst Ben 10 franchise will end. Is that or two years of see if CN change of mind and i dont see that in the future of the franchise.

For one side is really sad for the other i feel really happy that at less our last series will be Omniverse.

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
This is off topic but who cares does anyone think it's wierd we just got to our 200th episode in almost 10 years while either regular show or adventure time can't remember which one got to their 200th episode in less than 3 years?

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
beczam1290 wrote:This is off topic but who cares does anyone think it's wierd we just got to our 200th episode in almost 10 years while either regular show or adventure time can't remember which one got to their 200th episode in less than 3 years?

Neither series has 200 yet. Adventure Time has about 170, and Regular Show has around 150. And they're on their fifth years, though yes, they both got to around 100 within the first three years or so. Needless to say they're almost guaranteed to get to 200 within the next year, but not quite yet. Though it should be noted that they're a completely different cases, since they're 12 minute series and use simpler styles for the animation, which makes them cheaper on the whole. Adventure Time on its own, at least, is also a generally better series than the Ben 10 franchise as a whole (though personally I do prefer Ben 10 over it) and has a wider, more diverse audience. That's a big reason for its length (and with two and a half season at the least to go, there's no signs of stopping anytime soon)

MekongTiger

Plumber
Plumber
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/animation-work-in-and-around-los-angeles.html

It's an old article, but it says that Ben 10 is up for a future reboot.

After watching Charm School, I personally would love to see a Lucky Girl comedy spin-off show (The current CN President is a woman and they are bringing back the Powerpuff Girls). Plus you can do 12 minute episodes of Lucky Girl.

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
Interesting... I have a feeling that this is a bit like how Lego handled Bionicle. They ended it when it was still kinda popular so that they could bring it back in a few years with a reboot that would entice new fans and old fans alike.
So, I think Ben 10 will be back one day.

Remember that live action movie that was supposedly in the works? Wonder what happened to that.

I feel kinda sad about Ben 10 ending as I've been such a fan over the years, but I can't say I'm sad about Omniverse ending. Whilst it's had a few extremely good episodes, they've been too rare in my opinion. I certainly won't miss Undertown, Rook and the villains they've introduced/ruined.

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber
Lukey wrote:Interesting... I have a feeling that this is a bit like how Lego handled Bionicle. They ended it when it was still kinda popular so that they could bring it back in a few years with a reboot that would entice new fans and old fans alike.
So, I think Ben 10 will be back one day.

Remember that live action movie that was supposedly in the works? Wonder what happened to that.

I feel kinda sad about Ben 10 ending as I've been such a fan over the years, but I can't say I'm sad about Omniverse ending. Whilst it's had a few extremely good episodes, they've been too rare in my opinion. I certainly won't miss Undertown, Rook and the villains they've introduced/ruined.
Well probably see the next Ben 10 series on it's anniversary.

Let Me Tell You Something

Plumber
Plumber
AT took a major quality dive around S3 or 4, it's been awhile since I've watched. Regular Show has always been pretty mediocre. Ben 10 takes more time to produce and IMO it shows.

Honestly, even with the budget saving moves made for Omniverse, I'm betting it's the fact that it's not a 15-minute noodle arms, ping pong eyes, "wacky humor" kind of show that's getting it cancelled. A month ago I was paranoid for thinking this was gonna happen, but now the only hope is that they're quickly ending this Ben 10 to make room for a new one.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:
Honestly, even with the budget saving moves made for Omniverse, I'm betting it's the fact that it's not a 15-minute noodle arms, ping pong eyes, "wacky humor" kind of show that's getting it cancelled. A month ago I was paranoid for thinking this was gonna happen, but now the only hope is that they're quickly ending this Ben 10 to make room for a new one.

Perhaps, but I think other factors come in from leaks in other countries, general failure in advertising from CN's part, and probably actually declining (if not nonexistent) toy sales. Remember that profits from toys are a big deal with some kinds of shows, and with Omniverse they pulled the incredibly stupid move of making the toys TRU exclusive, and TRU then decided to never put up new toys. It's been a clusterfuck from all ends.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum