You are not connected. Please login or register

Backstabber Charmcaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 2:21 am

PeruAlonso

Plumber
Plumber
This is an outrage!

Today's episode was the worst! Why? 'Cause Charmcaster gets so corrupted with power that she decides to add Gwen to her totem statue collection!

Then, she turns into a dragon until Ben defeats her!

I thought she would stop being an evil power-hungry witch and be Gwen's best friend like Kevin did Ben's but no! She's become more trouble than she's worth!

I've had high hopes of Charmcaster changing for the better since I've seen Where the Magic Happens. I've seen 5 episodes with Charmcaster (2 UA and 3 Omniverse), but they all lead to being ripped off!

All anger aside, Charmcaster could've had friends like Gwen if not for her power addiction.

Feel free to say what you think.

2 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 2:34 am

Gravattacker

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
I think that arc is the most speed because the end of Omniverse. The writers create a end for some characters and villains, a crap and non sense end. as i think ov don't is the last series, Charmcaster can come back and finally get you redemption.

3 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 2:40 am

Transyl Servantis

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Charmcaster is a villain, always was.

In my opinion, put Charmcaster as an ally, was the worst idea the writers ever had on UA (thankfully this was not continued in Enemy of My Frenemy).

btw, Charmcaster's plot had a great end in Omniverse.

4 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 2:59 am

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
why did this have to be its own topic

couldn't it have gone in the third time's a charm topic

5 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 3:13 am

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
"Backstabber Charmcaster".  Yeah, what about her?  Razz

In all seriousness, PeruAlonso, did you miss the last scene and the last line?  Gwen is literally going to work on becoming friends with Charmcaster now that Charmcaster is harmless and deprived of the power she was so addicted to.  Give Charmcaster time to heal, why don't ya? Redemption shouldn't be instantaneous, it should be a process.

Transyl Servantis wrote:In my opinion, put Charmcaster as an ally, was the worst idea the writers ever had on UA (thankfully this was not continued in Enemy of My Frenemy).

Um, how is that dumber than turning Kevin into an ally, a main one at that, when he was actually more deranged as a villain than Charmcaster ever was?

And come now, UA had many, MANY worse ideas than that!

ShrekIsLoveShrekIsLife wrote:why did this have to be its own topic

couldn't it have gone in the third time's a charm topic

Agreed.

Last edited by Sir_Ronald on 8th November 2014, 3:38 am; edited 2 times in total

6 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 3:19 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Sir_Ronald wrote:"Charmcaster the backstabber".  Yeah, what about her?  Razz

Transyl Servantis wrote:In my opinion, put Charmcaster as an ally, was the worst idea the writers ever had on UA (thankfully this was not continued in Enemy of My Frenemy).

Um, how is that dumber than turning Kevin into an ally, a main one at that, when he was actually more deranged as a villain than Charmcaster ever was?

And come now, UA had many, MANY worse ideas than that!

For petes sake Kevin was 11 years old in the original series. You change alot between then and your teens. Its not crazy that kevin would turn his life around.

Charmcaster at around 15-16ish got her but kicked magically speaking by a preteen with no where near her experience and held a grudge over it. Again not to crazy a thing if you stop and think.

7 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 3:29 am

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
datdude wrote:For petes sake Kevin was 11 years old in the original series. You change alot between then and your teens. Its not crazy that kevin would turn his life around.

Yeah, I remember when I was 11 years old and tried to murder a bunch of people for money!  Ah, youth!

Really now, Kevin turning his life around is crazy because he was crazy. And not just wacky insanity like Dr. Animo or, heck, Charmcaster in this show; I mean legitimate psychopathy. Maturing would have made it worse. Only until Omniverse gave us a reasonable explanation (being that his mind totally scrambled by the Rooters) did it make any sense.

8 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 3:30 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Sir_Ronald wrote:
datdude wrote:For petes sake Kevin was 11 years old in the original series. You change alot between then and your teens. Its not crazy that kevin would turn his life around.

Yeah, I remember when I was 11 years old and tried to murder a bunch of people for money!  Ah, youth!

Really now, Kevin turning his life around is crazy because he was crazy. And not just wacky insanity like Dr. Animo or, heck, Charmcaster in this show; I mean legitimate psychopathy. Maturing would have made it worse. Only until Omniverse gave us a reasonable explanation (being that his mind totally scrambled by the Rooters) did it make any sense.

Did you miss the bit about absorbing energy making him nutty?

9 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 3:35 am

Sir_Ronald

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
datdude wrote:Did you miss the bit about absorbing energy making him nutty?

That was a retcon in UA, a full series after Kevin had already reformed.  The original show never said anything about absorbing energy making him nutty, and the Rooters retcon balanced it out by showing that energy makes him totally unhinged and out of control, but that he was still a cold-blooded sociopath without it prior to the Rooters' brainwashing.

10 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 4:24 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Sir_Ronald wrote:

That was a retcon in UA, a full series after Kevin had already reformed.  The original show never said anything about absorbing energy making him nutty, and the Rooters retcon balanced it out by showing that energy makes him totally unhinged and out of control, but that he was still a cold-blooded sociopath without it prior to the Rooters' brainwashing.

Im just going to hang out over here and watch the point sail right over your head.

11 Re: Backstabber Charmcaster on 8th November 2014, 4:31 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
datdude wrote:
Sir_Ronald wrote:

Im just going to hang out over here and watch the point sail right over your head.

Personally I think SR's point smacked you in the forehead, but you're stubbornly refusing to admit you failed to dodge it. Care to provide a proper refutation to what he said, though? Because from where I stand, he's right. Kevin was indeed a murderous loon in the original series, and UAF never bothered to explain his reformation until the UA part of that (probably as a response to fans complaining about it, and even then doing it kinda sloppily) it's a valid point. UAF wasn't perfect, you know?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum