In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 12:28 pm

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
If we do get a new series sequel or spinoff i hope they never go back to the Alien Force art style. It was ok for the time and theres nothing wrong with it but after seeing the expressive omniverse designs i never wanna go back. If there is a new series please use the OV artstle or a new art style (Nothing like Teen Titans GO or Adventure time something realistic) also no 15 min episodes keep it 30 min like its always been.
Edit: Forgot to put the Question at hand. Which art style do you guys want or prefer?

Last edited by beczam1290 on 9th November 2014, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 12:43 pm

Tammar

Plumber
Plumber
I assume you're asking which we prefer.

If so, then new artstyle.

3 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 12:56 pm

MaskedKitsune

Plumber
Plumber
I'd prefer an artstyle similar to the OS, or OV.

AF/UA's artstyle is really bland, and lacks personality for lack of a better word.

4 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 3:35 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Ill go with a new art style

5 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 4:02 pm

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Tammar wrote:I assume you're asking which we prefer.

If so, then new artstyle.
Sorry forgot to put the question in the post well its in the name so whatever ill edit the post

6 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 5:54 pm

Gravattacker

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
A new art style.

7 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 5:54 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

Plumber
Plumber
A more lively version of UAF's artstyle would probably be best. Something Ben 10 has rarely had is fluid dynamicism with regards to the animation, so that would also be nice. All wishful thinking though.

8 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 6:05 pm

Tammar

Plumber
Plumber
To elaborate more, I'd like an art style that's like Young Justice, Generator Rex, Korra... but that's apparently too expensive to make.
I really wouldn't mind going back to the UAF art style, I'm one of the people that actually loved it.
So those are my top two options.
I really want a fluid art style that can show action scenes really well and can have normal scenes look good at the same time, and I think that kind of art style can really do it

9 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 6:12 pm

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber
Tammar wrote:To elaborate more, I'd like an art style that's like Young Justice, Generator Rex, Korra... but that's apparently too expensive to make.
I really wouldn't mind going back to the UAF art style, I'm one of the people that actually loved it.
So those are my top two options.
I really want a fluid art style that can show action scenes really well and can have normal scenes look good at the same time, and I think that kind of art style can really do it
They could go with the kind of art style they have with teen titans. It's close to the omniverse art style.

10 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 6:35 pm

Transyl Servantis

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
OS art style.

11 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 6:55 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
I wouldn't want them to try and replicated any previous style without the same people involved, since that would be messy.

As far as overall themes and kinds of styles, something like OV would be best, for me. Omniverse was by far the most expressive style and it lent itself well to making background characters and others look distinct, something most other series never really cared to do. In particular I definitely don't want to go back to a Murakami style blandness. I hated it in Batman Beyond, I hated it in UAF. It's just a terribly boring kind of style and by its very nature and blandness it sorta prevents true diversity in character design.

Of course in the Ben 10 franchise thus far we've only ever had the three art styles, and there are a near infinite number. I'd prefer it stick far from the Murakami end of the spectrum, but whatever. Long as it's good.

There's of course always the chance that they'll go for a sort of TTG kind of thing, though, and...Well, who knows. I guess we'll see.

12 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 9th November 2014, 6:57 pm

AustinHolt2022

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
New art style. I love OV's art style, but every Ben 10 series has a different art style from the last (well, except for UA, but AF and UA were basically the same show - and no, I don't mean that as an insult to UAF). As for what KIND of art style... not sure. Maybe go back to its roots as a comic book-like art style?

13 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 10th November 2014, 1:35 am

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
Wathever they choose they will have to change all the designs, because when a Art Director change, all the main style of the art have to change, that is why AF/UA was a shit so big in the art theme, you cant try to copy the art style of another artist.

So for me they are fuck out, because after Omniverse put the level so high, they have now that not only show like regulars the almost 60 aliens, they have to put 10 or 9 more in the show.

Another thing are the villains, they have to create and use all the villains that are in Omniverse, the same with Bellwood and all the space, they have to show how a lot of things became bigger and bigger or older and older.

That means that in one way or another they will have to make a full redesign of everything, if they change style to something like Korra they will spend 200 % more than before, if they change style to something like Generator Rex/Young Justice they will spend 100-150 % more and if they redesign everything trying to copy the beautifuls designs of Derrick they will get in one way or another 100 % more money spend.

Is like we are fuck in that term.

14 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 10th November 2014, 7:16 am

MekongTiger

Plumber
Plumber
I'm fine with a new artstyle, but I hope Rath & Lucky Girl's outfits stays the same.

15 Re: OV Artstyle Or New Artstyle? on 10th November 2014, 12:42 pm

I love UAF's art style (however that might just be nostalgia talking), but I think a new art style would be better for the series. OV's art turned a lot of people off from the show so they need a new more appealing art style.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum