Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Believe In Ben 10 Campaign

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

51 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 27th March 2015, 11:58 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Hey, that's actually good news. I was honestly expecting nothing for awhile, especially with CN's silence with the franchise. In order of what would be best I'm hoping for:

1. A 5th Series
2. A Spin-Off
3. A Reboot
4. A Movie

52 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 1:21 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:Hey, that's actually good news. I was honestly expecting nothing for awhile, especially with CN's silence with the franchise. In order of what would be best I'm hoping for:

1. A 5th Series
2. A Spin-Off
3. A Reboot
4. A Movie
Really a spin off os your second choice thats the last thing i want other then the franchise being canceled all together. Forme. A 5th series and rreboot are both on top because i would be happy with either one than movie than spin off Please.no spin off


_________________


53 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 7:32 am

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
To clarify, by a spinoff I mean something like a Gwen, Kevin, Plumber etc. focused story that still followed from where Omniverse left off. I prefer that over a reboot since it maintains current continuity.

A reboot would best be done as a streamlined recreation with a few added elements that unified all the retconned Ben 10 lore while transitioning through Ben's life. However I extremely doubt they'd do that and that the reboot would be an opportunity to age down Ben and freely ignore the lore and established canon.

54 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 10:16 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:To clarify, by a spinoff I mean something like a Gwen, Kevin, Plumber etc. focused story that still followed from where Omniverse left off. I prefer that over a reboot since it maintains current continuity.

A reboot would best be done as a streamlined recreation with a few added elements that unified all the retconned Ben 10 lore while transitioning through Ben's life. However I extremely doubt they'd do that and that the reboot would be an opportunity to age down Ben and freely ignore the lore and established canon.
I dont know i just dont like the idea of a spin off because if they leave the focus of ben what if they never go back to making a ben centerd show plus i jist cant see a spin off being that good hopefully we dont have to worry about thay an they just go the route of Ben 10: Intergalactic Adventures (In Space)


_________________


55 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 4:53 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
The only spinoff I'd much prefer is Ken 10, also because we'd get to see new aliens and see how Ben 10,000 would raise him from time to time. But as long as they go with the Ben 10,000 where his Omnitrix is like back in OS, then I'll be ok with this.
And we've been talking about this Ben 10 movie for sometime now, just because you announce you wanna make a movie and have a couple people confirmed to onboard making it, doesn't mean you're actually gonna do it, plus its been since 2011 since that announcement was made, so something bigger should've happened by now in order to get this project onboard.
And a reboot seems likely to happen at this point too, but if we get pulled on stuff like what Powerpuff Girls and Steven Universe has done instead of putting a Teen Titans Go! onto the reboot, i'd be ok with it.  I can see this reboot being either more not-so-much comedy/story based more than I see it towards action/serious toned with how that's going now adays. (I see Transformer Robots in Disguise getting scrapped since now its not Hub airing this and that they're taking the action/serious tone onto Cartoon Network, and let me tell you... it'll be a miracle if CN actually treats it with respect.)
As for a 5th series with the Galactic Road Trip... that seems something like wouldn't possibly happen, unless they do something different with it. Because this idea seems like what Hollywood would've done back in the late 70s-early 90s but would never do if it was made into now's generation.

56 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 5:01 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
Considering that Ben 10 was not announced at this years cartoon network upfront. I suspect a future Ben 10 series will be on Boomerang.

57 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 5:07 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
ultraalien wrote:Considering that Ben 10 was not announced at this years cartoon network upfront. I suspect a future Ben 10 series will be on Boomerang.
That makes sense, with Boomerang gone quiet, it makes a lot of sense to move a lot of CN's originals to that channel. I suspect Wabbit, Be Cool Scooby Doo are moving there and as for Powerpuff Girls it remains unknown to me. Plus they aired Omniverse more on Boomerang than they did on CN, so it would make strangely sense to move Ben 10 there.

58 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 5:10 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Ebomnitrix wrote:The only spinoff I'd much prefer is Ken 10, also because we'd get to see new aliens and see how Ben 10,000 would raise him from time to time. But as long as they go with the Ben 10,000 where his Omnitrix is like back in OS, then I'll be ok with this.
And we've been talking about this Ben 10 movie for sometime now, just because you announce you wanna make a movie and have a couple people confirmed to onboard making it, doesn't mean you're actually gonna do it, plus its been since 2011 since that announcement was made, so something bigger should've happened by now in order to get this project onboard.
And a reboot seems likely to happen at this point too, but if we get pulled on stuff like what Powerpuff Girls and Steven Universe has done instead of putting a Teen Titans Go! onto the reboot, i'd be ok with it.  I can see this reboot being either more not-so-much comedy/story based more than I see it towards action/serious toned with how that's going now adays. (I see Transformer Robots in Disguise getting scrapped since now its not Hub airing this and that they're taking the action/serious tone onto Cartoon Network, and let me tell you... it'll be a miracle if CN actually treats it with respect.)
As for a 5th series with the Galactic Road Trip... that seems something like wouldn't possibly happen, unless they do something different with it. Because this idea seems like what Hollywood would've done back in the late 70s-early 90s but would never do if it was made into now's generation.
I would be ok with a ken 10 spinoff because the main reason i watch ben 10 is for the new aliens if they take that away in a gwen or kevin spinoff it wont be as cool so i probably wont like it
Ebomnitrix wrote:
ultraalien wrote:Considering that Ben 10 was not announced at this years cartoon network upfront. I suspect a future Ben 10 series will be on Boomerang.
That makes sense, with Boomerang gone quiet, it makes a lot of sense to move a lot of CN's originals to that channel. I suspect Wabbit, Be Cool Scooby Doo are moving there and as for Powerpuff Girls it remains unknown to me. Plus they aired Omniverse more on Boomerang than they did on CN, so it would make strangely sense to move Ben 10 there.

I just hope the ratings wont go down of they do that


_________________


59 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 5:30 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
beczam1290 wrote:
Ebomnitrix wrote:
ultraalien wrote:Considering that Ben 10 was not announced at this years cartoon network upfront. I suspect a future Ben 10 series will be on Boomerang.
That makes sense, with Boomerang gone quiet, it makes a lot of sense to move a lot of CN's originals to that channel. I suspect Wabbit, Be Cool Scooby Doo are moving there and as for Powerpuff Girls it remains unknown to me. Plus they aired Omniverse more on Boomerang than they did on CN, so it would make strangely sense to move Ben 10 there.

I just hope the ratings wont go down of they do that
Hopefully boomerang will get some promotion in the fall. With boomerang now being advertised by sponsors requires new and original programming. Of course I can see a few programs being shared.

60 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 8:30 pm

MekongTiger

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The next time I do meet a Ben 10 voice actor at a con, I will certainly ask them about Lucky Girl's standalone series because I'm still angry over everybody who constantly ignores her and claims everything needs to be the same with Ben. I still believe Lucky Girl deserves her own animated series which is long due now. I have been asking Supanova Expo and Oz Comic Con to invite John DiMaggio or Ashley Johnson.

As for what Ben 10 DVDs I currently own, I own The Complete Season Three, Secret of the Omnitrix and Vengeance of Vilgax. I will not buy Ultimate Alien DVDs because that series killed the franchise and I will not buy Omniverse DVDs because I was way too obsessed with Lucky Girl to even pay attention with that series.

61 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 28th March 2015, 10:57 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
ntkyeung wrote:The next time I do meet a Ben 10 voice actor at a con, I will certainly ask them about Lucky Girl's standalone series because I'm still angry over everybody who constantly ignores her and claims everything needs to be the same with Ben. I still believe Lucky Girl deserves her own animated series which is long due now. I have been asking Supanova Expo and Oz Comic Con to invite John DiMaggio or Ashley Johnson.

As for what Ben 10 DVDs I currently own, I own The Complete Season Three, Secret of the Omnitrix and Vengeance of Vilgax. I will not buy Ultimate Alien DVDs because that series killed the franchise and I will not buy Omniverse DVDs because I was way too obsessed with Lucky Girl to even pay attention with that series.  

TBH as long as the spinoff is Lucky Girl, Ken 10, or even something that can still relate to Ben in a way... and not be stupid... then I'm good, it totally works. Even if the show is a sequel after the original series and still has Ben wearing the Omnitrix, Because there's a lot of questions we still need answered, like Elena showing up, Cooper's crush on Gwen, why'd Cooper get so fat, how did Ben obtain Feedback, Articguana and Spitter? (even Buzzshock), etc. Let's just hope its run by a good crew and isn't totally 80s obsessed on bringing things back and trying to be more like a past series, because that sucks!

62 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 29th March 2015, 1:20 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Ebomnitrix wrote:
ntkyeung wrote:The next time I do meet a Ben 10 voice actor at a con, I will certainly ask them about Lucky Girl's standalone series because I'm still angry over everybody who constantly ignores her and claims everything needs to be the same with Ben. I still believe Lucky Girl deserves her own animated series which is long due now. I have been asking Supanova Expo and Oz Comic Con to invite John DiMaggio or Ashley Johnson.

As for what Ben 10 DVDs I currently own, I own The Complete Season Three, Secret of the Omnitrix and Vengeance of Vilgax. I will not buy Ultimate Alien DVDs because that series killed the franchise and I will not buy Omniverse DVDs because I was way too obsessed with Lucky Girl to even pay attention with that series.  
TBH as long as the spinoff is Lucky Girl, Ken 10, or even something that can still relate to Ben in a way... and not be stupid... then I'm good, it totally works. Even if the show is a sequel after the original series and still has Ben wearing the Omnitrix, Because there's a lot of questions we still need answered, like Elena showing up, Cooper's crush on Gwen, why'd Cooper get so fat, how did Ben obtain Feedback, Articguana and Spitter? (even Buzzshock), etc. Let's just hope its run by a good crew and isn't totally 80s obsessed on bringing things back and trying to be more like a past series, because that sucks!
Would rather have reboot or new series but that would be cool to


_________________


63 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 29th March 2015, 1:45 am

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
beczam1290 wrote:I dont know i just dont like the idea of a spin off because if they leave the focus of ben what if they never go back to making a ben centerd show plus i jist cant see a spin off being that good hopefully we dont have to worry about thay an they just go the route of Ben 10: Intergalactic Adventures (In Space)
Well, personally I wouldn't mind if they didn't return focus to Ben. There's enough in the universe for them to explore and make things interesting. OV could get repetitive at times when Ben was forced front and center for essentially every plotline. Lucky Girl adventures, Kevin + Argit doing conman hijinks, or Max/Rook running Plumber business could easily make for a good series that maintained continuity. If they were making a spinoff though the most reasonable decision from an executive standpoint is Lucky Girl or Ken 10.

The (probably roadtrip) sequel is still my #1 choice though, as I've listed.

64 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 29th March 2015, 2:06 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:
beczam1290 wrote:I dont know i just dont like the idea of a spin off because if they leave the focus of ben what if they never go back to making a ben centerd show plus i jist cant see a spin off being that good hopefully we dont have to worry about thay an they just go the route of Ben 10: Intergalactic Adventures (In Space)
Well, personally I wouldn't mind if they didn't return focus to Ben. There's enough in the universe for them to explore and make things interesting. OV could get repetitive at times when Ben was forced front and center for essentially every plotline. Lucky Girl adventures, Kevin + Argit doing conman hijinks, or Max/Rook running Plumber business could easily make for a good series that maintained continuity. If they were making a spinoff though the most reasonable decision from an executive standpoint is Lucky Girl or Ken 10.

The (probably roadtrip) sequel is still my #1 choice though, as I've listed.
As it is for me to i want a sequal


_________________


65 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 30th March 2015, 11:12 am

SonicShane97

avatar
Human
Human
To be fair though, the show is called Ben 10. Thus the main character is Ben and he naturally is the most important and the most marketable.
I think that because Omniverse didn't do as well as expected they are just gonna go back to what they know works best ie Ben and any plans for another character to star in a spinoff will be shelved.


_________________
Remember an awesome show on CN called Codename:Kids Next Door?
http://kndfanforum.freeforums.net/
Join the fandom today!

66 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 30th March 2015, 2:04 pm

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Omniverse did focus on Ben, more than any other series.

67 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 30th March 2015, 6:21 pm

MekongTiger

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
SonicShane97 wrote:To be fair though, the show is called Ben 10. Thus the main character is Ben and he naturally is the most important and the most marketable.
I think that because Omniverse didn't do as well as expected they are just gonna go back to what they know works best ie Ben and any plans for another character to star in a spinoff will be shelved.

According to TVTropes and Duncan Rouleau himself, Gwen is more popular than Ben in Asia. Explain that.

68 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 30th March 2015, 7:17 pm

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
ntkyeung wrote:
SonicShane97 wrote:To be fair though, the show is called Ben 10. Thus the main character is Ben and he naturally is the most important and the most marketable.
I think that because Omniverse didn't do as well as expected they are just gonna go back to what they know works best ie Ben and any plans for another character to star in a spinoff will be shelved.

According to TVTropes and Duncan Rouleau himself, Gwen is more popular than Ben in Asia. Explain that.

Honestly, I wouldn't give Asia as an example...things are quite weird around there, you can't explain Asia.

http://acidcow.com/pics/8164-hitler-themed-bars-and-restaurants-in-asia-11-pics.html

(no offence to Gwen...I'd like a show based around her, so long as it has a lot of inter-dimensinal creatures and travel instead of aliens and so long as there's at least an equal amount of magic and science)

69 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 30th March 2015, 8:32 pm

SonicShane97

avatar
Human
Human
ntkyeung wrote:
SonicShane97 wrote:To be fair though, the show is called Ben 10. Thus the main character is Ben and he naturally is the most important and the most marketable.
I think that because Omniverse didn't do as well as expected they are just gonna go back to what they know works best ie Ben and any plans for another character to star in a spinoff will be shelved.

According to TVTropes and Duncan Rouleau himself, Gwen is more popular than Ben in Asia. Explain that.

It's a western franchise though. Gwen isn't as popular as Ben in America.
It's kind of like saying Amy Rose is unpopular with the Western audience, but she's always gonna be in sonic games because she's very popular in Japan, where Sonic games are made despite the vast majority of Japanese people not knowing who Sonic even is.


_________________
Remember an awesome show on CN called Codename:Kids Next Door?
http://kndfanforum.freeforums.net/
Join the fandom today!

70 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 31st March 2015, 1:43 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Whether its a reboot new series or spin off (hopefully a reboot in my opinion) we will be getting the news fairly soon hopefully


_________________


71 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 31st March 2015, 9:16 am

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
ntkyeung wrote:
SonicShane97 wrote:To be fair though, the show is called Ben 10. Thus the main character is Ben and he naturally is the most important and the most marketable.
I think that because Omniverse didn't do as well as expected they are just gonna go back to what they know works best ie Ben and any plans for another character to star in a spinoff will be shelved.

According to TVTropes and Duncan Rouleau himself, Gwen is more popular than Ben in Asia. Explain that.
I wouldn't cite TVTropes as a reliable anything, and Asia isn't exactly the target demographic for the series. And if that were really the case I think there'd be more, at least international, Gwen merchandise.

72 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 31st March 2015, 11:52 am

SonicShane97

avatar
Human
Human
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:
ntkyeung wrote:
SonicShane97 wrote:To be fair though, the show is called Ben 10. Thus the main character is Ben and he naturally is the most important and the most marketable.
I think that because Omniverse didn't do as well as expected they are just gonna go back to what they know works best ie Ben and any plans for another character to star in a spinoff will be shelved.

According to TVTropes and Duncan Rouleau himself, Gwen is more popular than Ben in Asia. Explain that.
I wouldn't cite TVTropes as a reliable anything, and Asia isn't exactly the target demographic for the series. And if that were really the case I think there'd be more, at least international, Gwen merchandise.

I would also consider this point; I bet the Asian Ben 10 fanbase is very limited. Why target them? They're going to prefer their own anime anyway.


_________________
Remember an awesome show on CN called Codename:Kids Next Door?
http://kndfanforum.freeforums.net/
Join the fandom today!

73 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 31st March 2015, 12:04 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
Ben 10 is usually more popular in places like South America, Europe and many other countries. They have Ben 10 stuff we don't have in america.

74 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 1st April 2015, 3:06 am

Let Me Tell You Something

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
What kind of merchandise do they get?

SonicShane97 wrote:I would also consider this point; I bet the Asian Ben 10 fanbase is very limited. Why target them? They're going to prefer their own anime anyway.
If you mean Japan specifically then a lot of US shows, Ben 10 being one of them, actually does pretty well over there. But it's still pretty minor when considering the whole global market.

75 Re: Believe In Ben 10 Campaign on 1st April 2015, 3:16 am

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
Let Me Tell You Something wrote:What kind of merchandise do they get?

SonicShane97 wrote:I would also consider this point; I bet the Asian Ben 10 fanbase is very limited. Why target them? They're going to prefer their own anime anyway.
If you mean Japan specifically then a lot of US shows, Ben 10 being one of them, actually does pretty well over there. But it's still pretty minor when considering the whole global market.
I do know Ben 10 does well in india that they have a Ben 10 tablet.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum