Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your thoughts about Young Justice: Invasion

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

First-Psykon

Plumber
Plumber
Season 2 of Young Justice (Invasion) was just released. What do you think about the first two episodes? In my opinion, I can't say it's disappointing, but for now, they've kinda gone off to a bad start.

Set 5 years later, a lot has changed. The Team has expanded, Zatanna and Rocket are Leaguers now, and they're dealing with Kroateans in Earth and the Justice League being criminals. Much as I like this change, unfortunately, they didn't bother to explain anything as to why the change in 5 years. First, some characters are gone - for now, of course, but still (Where's Kid Flash, Artemis, clone Red Arrow and Aqualad?). Why and how did Robin become Nightwing? Why does Miss Martian have a new boyfriend? I expected the second episode, Earthlings, to give more insight, but instead they'd gone off further about the Kroateans. At least the episode was a bit better, since there were a few surprises. I didn't realize that Beast Boy was Garfield from Image, which M'gann gave her shapeshifted blood to. And Superboy had mentioned a bit about why they were no longer with M'gann - he dumped her. However, I was still disappointed, considering the second episode didn't help much on giving insight about how things have changed.

And for some reason this reminded me of the transition from Ben 10 to Alien Force. It was also set 5 years later; a lot has changed; and they had not given much explanation as to how and why exactly did Ben choose to remove the Omnitrix, how Gwen's magic abilities and Kevin's absorption, change of heart, and escape. I was disappointed in a way at the initial episodes of AF, but then it felt much better as further episodes were released. I hope that Invasion gives more explanations to the change or make up for better episode stories.

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
Haven't seen it yet; don't plan to. I'm one of the few who don't like it that much.

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
First-Psykon wrote:Why and how did Robin become Nightwing?
I'm not sure but that's better off left unsaid. Most already know how and why he became Nightwing. Sure, maybe this version's a little different and it would be cool to see it happen...but I think it's pretty expected and doesn't need an explanation because it's a part of him we know that doesn't need to be said.

MekongTiger

Plumber
Plumber
I thought it was better than Season 1. Nightwing, Robin/Tim Drake, Batgirl, Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes, Lagoon Boy, Wonder Girl and G. Gordon Godfrey are now on my list of favourite YJ characters.

If there's one character who I really want to see on the show, it would have to be Traci 13. It will make a lot of sense to add her to The Team.

Also Lagoon Boy is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, I still don't understand why do people hate him though.

aggi

Human
Human
so far so good.

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Not a big fan of the show but thought season 2 has been decent, here to ask what does everyone think about the pairing of Superboy and Supergirl, I find this one strange, there hasn't been any hinting at this, it's fanboy shipping but still

I thought the Miss Martian and Superboy pairing was effective even when there not together.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum