In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE POWERPUFF GIRLS (2016 REBOOT) SPOILERS & TALKBACK

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
I've noticed nobody's been talking about this yet. So I figured I might as well put this thread up here for you to see.
And here's your first glimpse of information of the confirmed cast so far.

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister

Nobody

Plumber
Plumber

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Sometimes I think CN is leaking these on purpose, I mean if Stakes aired a week online before it was supposed to, I would think they're trying to get rid of a lot of their shows just so they can support the ones the network loves despite people hate. And the more the shows get leaked, people won't even bother to take a look at them on TV, which brings ratings down.
I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case... since every show but Gumball, Teen Titans Go are the only shows that air on the network and get purposely leaked aside Pokémon, and even then they don't even leak Steven Universe as much as others, nor air it because I'm thinking they're giving that show the Adventure Time/Regular Show/Total Drama/Teletoon/LEGO/Transformers/Sonic/Transformers/Uncle Grandpa treatment. That and because a lot of shows they don't like, they burn off at 6am on purpose because its not wacky enough.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen for the Powerpuff Girls nor Ben 10, they deserve more love than this.

Anyway, thanks for the images, this show gives me no doubts on giving it a chance, they look great!

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Agree

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix wrote:Sometimes I think CN is leaking these on purpose, I mean if Stakes aired a week online before it was supposed to, I would think they're trying to get rid of a lot of their shows just so they can support the ones the network loves despite people hate. And the more the shows get leaked, people won't even bother to take a look at them on TV, which brings ratings down.
I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case... since every show but Gumball, Teen Titans Go are the only shows that air on the network and get purposely leaked aside Pokémon, and even then they don't even leak Steven Universe as much as others, nor air it because I'm thinking they're giving that show the Adventure Time/Regular Show/Total Drama/Teletoon/LEGO/Transformers/Sonic/Transformers/Uncle Grandpa treatment. That and because a lot of shows they don't like, they burn off at 6am on purpose because its not wacky enough.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen for the Powerpuff Girls nor Ben 10, they deserve more love than this.

Anyway, thanks for the images, this show gives me no doubts on giving it a chance, they look great!
If what you said is true it would be like they are trying to get out of the television broadcast business and go exclusively be only on-demand and online. Cartoon Network needs variety for it to stand otherwise the network will not last for long. Cartoon Networks leaks are very common.

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Is Craig McCracken still making the series? From the images it feels like the show has the original "heart". Then again, maybe they are just paying their respects.

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Nope, he's not.

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
I question how is Blossom's voice higher than Bubbles... like why... why is it not the other way around...
But other than that, I loved this, every single thing about this is great...

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
What is so great about Buttercup being an absolute idiot and being so reckless and destroying an entire school cafeteria room as well as endangering the lives of many of the students in that very room while none of the Powerpuff Girls show any concern for what Buttercup did and whether or not any of the students are ok. I haven't watched much of the original show when I was young but I don't remember any of the Powerpuff Girls being this stupid and reckless with their powers. This isn't great. It's not comedic. It's not funny. It's another poor excuse by CN to dumb down their characters in an attempt to make comedy for the show. If that's how it's going to be like with these characters throughout the PPG reboot, then it's going to make these main characters unlikeable and/or hated by viewers pretty quickly and thus very much likely end up killing this show. The Ben 10 reboot better not be like that with Ben and Gwen.

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Tactical Ochoa wrote:What is so great about Buttercup being an absolute idiot and being so reckless and destroying an entire school cafeteria room as well as endangering the lives of many of the students in that very room while none of the Powerpuff Girls show any concern for what Buttercup did and whether or not any of the students are ok. I haven't watched much of the original show when I was young but I don't remember any of the Powerpuff Girls being this stupid and reckless with their powers. This isn't great. It's not comedic. It's not funny. It's another poor excuse by CN to dumb down their characters in an attempt to make comedy for the show. If that's how it's going to be like with these characters throughout the PPG reboot, then it's going to make these main characters unlikeable and/or hated by viewers pretty quickly and thus very much likely end up killing this show. The Ben 10 reboot better not be like that with Ben and Gwen.
I remember there were lots of moments like this in this show, but more towards its later seasons, THAT and most of CN's originals towards its later seasons had this type of tone.
And being honest, they are 5, so it makes sense for them to do stuff like this.
I like how they look more like they're in Kindergarden, due to what it seems like people are of variety grades in that cafeteria.
But its not really dumbing down, its more like a kids show being a kids show, while falling towards the tone Powerpuff Girls has had over the years.
Due to the comments on YouTube and many other sites, people like this variant of the Powerpuff Girls, not as much as the original show, but people seem like they do like this show, and are willing to give it a chance.
I still have a feeling, despite you were a fan of the original shows, that it seems that you have grown out of these in general, but I could be wrong.
My suggestion, watch more episodes of the original Powerpuff, and maybe you'll adjust to what the show is really going for.
Remember, in this generation, all cartoons have this sort of tone going on, so no matter what show we get, this will be the exact tone we get for every show on this network until 2020 when hopefully Cartoon Network fixes itself and rebrands its channel again.
BUT there are a lot more original staff, and good members of the show on board working on it, so they're trying their best, its just going to take some time into getting used to.
Just try not to don't trash every show that comes back, Like Samurai Jack is getting an extra season and you never know what's going to happen with it.
You can have an opinion, that's fine because everyone has one, but try not to see everything as a total negative view to where-as there's nothing positive about anything alright?
I mean there's gotta be at least a couple things you like about it right? Or even the Reboot designs for Ben 10?

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
My bad. I should have been more specific. I just remembered that Craig McCracken left after halfway through the seasons and apparently after that, the original PPG show went through seasonal rot because McCracken wasn't there to keep it up. Even when they were 5, these characters understand the responsibility that they had so I doubt that they would be that stupid and reckless to do stuff like what the second clip showed.

Oh I've seen a lot more comments that are more negative towards the PPG reboot than positive. Also, it looks more like they're in middle school. Not elementary school. Some of the students look like teenagers, if not most.

Growing out of a certain series is not an excuse/argument anymore. At least not in my eyes. No one can truly "grow out" of a series. Do people grow out of DC and Marvel works? No. Do people grow out of Star Wars? No. How about Courage the Cowardly Dog or Teen Titans or Ben 10 or Powerpuff Girls or any series? No. Can they "grow out"? Yes. Do they? No. These series had brought such a significant impact on many viewers that they are not willing to grow out of it. They will still enjoy these series regardless. Here is something else that I view. There is no such thing as a kids show. Yes, some shows are more focused towards kids but in the end, any show can be enjoyed by anyone of any age no matter what these shows' target audience it's focused on. You are better off referring to these shows as kid-friendly shows and not kids shows. I'm not much of a fan of the original PPG but I do remember having a good time watching it when I was a kid and there are actually some episodes that I still very much like. Heck, I have to give credit to McCracken for being able to make a couple of episodes that are actually more mentally creepy to watch as an adult than as a kid. I forgot what those episodes are called but they involve the villain, Him, which already says a lot about those episodes. I'm even surprised that I didn't notice there being blood in the original PPG show. In fact, there are episodes of CN's older shows that are actually more enjoyable to watch when you're older because you understand what's going on better. I mean like heck, the episode "The Mask" on Courage the Cowardly Dog managed to tackle and implement domestic violence and abuse in a much better way than what shows like Family Guy did, which makes that episode all the more enjoyable and memorable to watch. There is no growing out of any show/series. As for me, I'm just being more critical here.

Also, "try not to don't trash every show that comes back"? Make sure you don't make mistakes like that because it's going to likely give people the wrong idea. Just saying.

Original staff and good people are giving this show their best, huh? First off, this is CN and CN Studios we're talking about here. At this moment, they are not giving their best because this reboot really does look like crap. Until CN gives us something that is actually, truly good, they are going to continue to receive the very criticism that me and many others are giving them (and rightfully so, too) because most of what we've been actually getting from them very much is crap.

At this moment, there is nothing that I like about the PPG reboot. Well, actually, the designs of the PPGs themselves I'm actually fine with. I also say Mojo Jojo and he looks fine enough for the show. As for the Ben 10 reboot, so far, I only like Heatblast, Grey Matter, XLR8, the Omnitrix's improved design, and Diamondhead, Four Arms, and Cannonbolt do have some questionable aspects about them but I think they're ok. That's really just it. Just because I discuss a lot of negative views doesn't mean I don't have any positive views. I'm just not giving those positive views at the moment because I'm more focused on giving my criticisms of the shows.

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Here's another thing. I'd rather stick to my expectations based on what I already know. Of what I know about CN and their recent history and past shows. Of CN Studios history and past shows. Of what I already know about the new shows themselves. Etc etc etc. I set my expectations based on the research and knowledge that I have on everything that's going on with CN's upcoming shows. The simple fact that Craig McCracken isn't even involved with making the PPG reboot already spells trouble because as I mentioned before, when McCracken left after halfway through the seasons, the original PPG show started to go down hill and go through seasonal rot. If the original PPG show wasn't able to do as well after McCracken left, what makes you think that this reboot will be any good if McCracken isn't involved in making it. There's already proof that this reboot can't do well without McCracken. What about the treatment that Teen Titans got when Teen Titans Go! was made? Because of CN, if TTG is what we got from Teen Titans, then what are we going to get from the PPG and Ben 10 reboot? Heck, the simple fact that these are reboots is what already makes me more cautious and critical than optimistic here because most reboots and remakes in general had been receiving poor treatment because most entertainment media companies rather make reboots and remakes just to cash off the names of the original works. Most people are expecting the PPG and Ben 10 reboots to bomb because of the very same reasons as to why I have low expectations on these upcoming shows myself. This is just another point that I wanted to make here.

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Wow. Another clip that shows Blossom and Buttercup basically being assholes to Bubbles. What a way to make the main characters even further unlikeable in this reboot.

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Wow. Another clip that shows Blossom and Buttercup basically being assholes to Bubbles. What a way to make the main characters even further unlikeable in this reboot.
Yeah, I mean the first part of Blossom makes sense, but when she was doing stuff with Buttercup, that was just too much... I love how Professor Utonium came in and pulled something like he would in the original and I think that was probably the funniest thing in there.
For Buttercup to be an "asshole" it's you would expect, but for Blossom is just wow...

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Blossom berating Bubbles for breaking her stuff and the Professor offering to help Bubbles with her video to make her happy were the only parts of the clip that I like. I didn't really see Buttercup in the original show being much of an asshole though. Just more of the tough one. Yeah there are moments where Buttercup goes too far but that is then followed up by her getting reprimanded for it. When she bullied that one kid that ate radioactive glue, she saw the result of that and felt bad for what she did. When Buttercup got too greedy and knocked a bunch of teeth out of the villains just to get money from the tooth fairy, the villains got payback on her and it made her learn her lesson of not to get too greedy.

In these clips, Buttercup doesn't receive punishment for what she did. No one berated her for being so reckless and destroying an entire cafeteria room while also endangering the lives of other students just for throwing trash into a trash can. No one comes to Bubbles' defense when Buttercup goes to screw with her video. In fact, by the looks of these clips, Blossom is encouraging Buttercup's terrible behavior. Like I said, CN is really making the main characters (most especially with Blossom and Buttercup) very much unlikeable and it's going to piss off so many viewers and fans of the series.

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Blossom berating Bubbles for breaking her stuff and the Professor offering to help Bubbles with her video to make her happy were the only parts of the clip that I like. I didn't really see Buttercup in the original show being much of an asshole though. Just more of the tough one. Yeah there are moments where Buttercup goes too far but that is then followed up by her getting reprimanded for it. When she bullied that one kid that ate radioactive glue, she saw the result of that and felt bad for what she did. When Buttercup got too greedy and knocked a bunch of teeth out of the villains just to get money from the tooth fairy, the villains got payback on her and it made her learn her lesson of not to get too greedy.

In these clips, Buttercup doesn't receive punishment for what she did. No one berated her for being so reckless and destroying an entire cafeteria room while also endangering the lives of other students just for throwing trash into a trash can. No one comes to Bubbles' defense when Buttercup goes to screw with her video. In fact, by the looks of these clips, Blossom is encouraging Buttercup's terrible behavior. Like I said, CN is really making the main characters (most especially with Blossom and Buttercup) very much unlikeable and it's going to piss off so many viewers and fans of the series.
This might come to mind about Buttercup

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
How the hell is "Nobody" getting all these clips?

Nobody

Plumber
Plumber
Powerpuff Girls - Man Up

When Buttercup's aggression inadvertently allows villain Man-Boy to escape, she starts a new-age lifestyle in an effort to be more calm. But when Man-Boy returns to enact his revenge, Buttercup must embrace the balance between punching and hugging in order to defeat him.

http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i129/CARE1003151600009847_003_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i129/CARE1003151600009847_004_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i129/CARE1003151600009847_005_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i129/CARE1003151600009847_006_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i129/CARE1003151600009847_007_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i129/CARE1003151600009847_008_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i129/CARE1003151600009847_009_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i129/CARE1003151600009847_010_1280x720.jpg
http://i.cartoonnetwork.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i129/CARE1003151600009847_011_1280x720.jpg

http://www.multi-lube.com/movie/player.swf?url=http://ht.cdn.turner.com/toon/big/preview/tve/CARE1003151600009847_B12R6.mp4&autoPlay=false&volume=50&showFullScreenButton=true&autoRepeat=false

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum