Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ben 10 Reboot

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 24]

1 The Ben 10 Reboot on 6th February 2016, 6:33 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The Voice wrote:
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Here's the thing about comedy in Ben 10. Fans aren't concerned as to whether or not the Ben 10 reboot will have any comedy in general. The fans are concerned about whether the reboot will be a comedy show or an action show with comedic elements. They don't want a comedy show out of the Ben 10 reboot. They want an action show with comedic elements. Not every show needs comedic elements to make them work either. It helps but not always. There have been many shows on television that have either very little comedy or no comedy at all and they were entertaining and fun to watch.

If you think that Omniverse had a perfect amount of comedy in it, that's fine but most fans despise Omniverse and one major reason why is that to them, including me, there's too much comedy in Omniverse. At least most of the time, Omniverse focused so much on comedy that it overpowered the action and more dark and serious moments. Many fans don't like Alien Force and Ultimate Alien one major reason being that because it was too dark and not light enough. Most fans hate Omniverse one major reason being that because it was too light and not dark enough. To most fans of Ben 10, Omniverse felt more like a comedy show with action elements instead of an action show with comedy elements. The original Ben 10 was an action show with comedic elements. Not a comedy show with action elements.

Regardless of what Man of Action says about the reboot being more action-oriented, most fans fear that the Ben 10 reboot will be a comedy show anyways. This is most especially because of CN's recent track record with their shows, removing all or most of their action shows and replacing them with comedy shows that are cheaply made using flash art. Even going so far as to turn some of their more action shows into comedy shows, such as Teen Titans Go. The problem isn't that people are worried that the Ben 10 reboot will have comedy in general. The real problem is that people are worried that the Ben 10 reboot will end up being a comedy show and not an action show.
Those are some reasons and Ebon is right about the hated parts as well. But the majority of people I've spoken to and am friends with hated Omniverse, is that after UA we felt like it was going to continue in that direction, there was a level of expectation like we'd come to know Ben 10 so well and then bam Omniverse! It was a nightmare everything we had come to love was turned on it's head with the overbearing comedy and awful everything about it. We felt betrayed like some just played a very cruel joke on us, it didn't feel like Ben 10 anymore, Omniverse was the TTG of the Ben 10 series some people went into denial and just swallowed the bitter pill pretending it was going to be alright. All in all it's the reason we are where we are now.

The Problem "The Voice" is that what you call Ben 10 isnt Ben 10 and sorry if for me is difficult to explain myself, but what i am trying to say is:

Alien Force and Ultimate Alien maybe were part of the Ben 10 Franchise and maybe follow the Ben 10 formula, but again like i say there is a formula of elements and characters, the Original Serie created this elements and AF/UA changed the tone of the franchise, but later Omniverse took back the old tone, the original one and also followed the Formula.

So if you and your friends want to understand what is really about Ben 10, then please see the Original Series again and please understand this is the original material, the guy with the golden mask call Enoch that is real Forever King or was until AF mess up the organization with Patrick and their bullshit.

But my point here isnt create a discussion, my point here is to make you understand that Alien Force and Ultimate Alien arent how Ben 10 needs and have to be.

Like Alien Force and Ultimate Alien are part of this big franchise, they were the ones who broke the Formula not Omniverse, because Omniverse is part of Ben 10 and follow all the rules to be part of the franchise. Gwevin (or whatever the name is), "dark/gritty/mature/serious/adult", teenager relationships arent part of Ben 10.

Ben 10 is a formula base in seven elements: Mistery, Action, Adventure, Aliens, Comedy, Road Trip and a Big Universe. If a series dont follow this elements isnt Ben 10, Omniverse follow all this Elements? Yes, then is Ben 10, so simple so right.

Understand it once for all. A series dont need to be like Alien Force was to be Ben 10, because Ben 10 have a formula, Alien Force itself broke the formula and dont followed or respect some parts of the Universe and that is why it had so many hate from the OS fans.

The only series who can we say is Ben 10 in reality is Ben 10, because it is the one who created everything, the writers and designers of Ben 10 dont returned for Alien Force and Alien Force dont followed or respected a lot of things about the OS and it is okay but that was the beginning of two different worlds.

Omniverse wasnt a bad series, was good, pretty good, pretty over the stop and stupid, but it was part of the comedy, for example a great comedy movie is "21 Jump Street" and if you watch that movie you will understand a good comedy always has good pretty over the top and stupid moments.

But Teen Titans Go! and Omniverse are pretty far away from being similar series, because Teen Titans Go! never respected anything about the original material and mocks of it everything it can, with sketches and jokes. While Ben 10 always follow the Ben 10 formula and become in the second best series in the franchise, only following the formula.

Omniverse give to the fans more than 100 Aliens, it knew when to be serious and when to be pretty stupid and over the top, the first 40 episodes are the ones i can call perfect, then the comedy become irritating and later lame and stupid, but this was thanks to CN who order 20 episodes more with only some weeks to deliver the stories and scripts.

Omniverse had the comedy, the action, the aliens, the mistery, the road trip, exploded and presented the universe like any other series before and redeemed AF/UA, if Omniverse had better character development and they had given Ben a character development so good like AF or UA give to him then it would had been perfect.

Why i say all this bullshit you should ask? Because the Reboot is coming, the Reboot is coming! and if we are clear with what we expect less people will come here screaming nosense bullshit about how they dont follow McDuffie "the great" ideas, when McDuffie isnt longer here and we need to understand if Omniverse did a pretty awesome job following his path, then what could do this reboot wrong?

.....

The Next Morning The Reboot is like Teen Titans Go! but in Ben 10 version.

2 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 6th February 2016, 7:21 am

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
AleSIr19 wrote:
The Voice wrote:
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Here's the thing about comedy in Ben 10. Fans aren't concerned as to whether or not the Ben 10 reboot will have any comedy in general. The fans are concerned about whether the reboot will be a comedy show or an action show with comedic elements. They don't want a comedy show out of the Ben 10 reboot. They want an action show with comedic elements. Not every show needs comedic elements to make them work either. It helps but not always. There have been many shows on television that have either very little comedy or no comedy at all and they were entertaining and fun to watch.

If you think that Omniverse had a perfect amount of comedy in it, that's fine but most fans despise Omniverse and one major reason why is that to them, including me, there's too much comedy in Omniverse. At least most of the time, Omniverse focused so much on comedy that it overpowered the action and more dark and serious moments. Many fans don't like Alien Force and Ultimate Alien one major reason being that because it was too dark and not light enough. Most fans hate Omniverse one major reason being that because it was too light and not dark enough. To most fans of Ben 10, Omniverse felt more like a comedy show with action elements instead of an action show with comedy elements. The original Ben 10 was an action show with comedic elements. Not a comedy show with action elements.

Regardless of what Man of Action says about the reboot being more action-oriented, most fans fear that the Ben 10 reboot will be a comedy show anyways. This is most especially because of CN's recent track record with their shows, removing all or most of their action shows and replacing them with comedy shows that are cheaply made using flash art. Even going so far as to turn some of their more action shows into comedy shows, such as Teen Titans Go. The problem isn't that people are worried that the Ben 10 reboot will have comedy in general. The real problem is that people are worried that the Ben 10 reboot will end up being a comedy show and not an action show.
Those are some reasons and Ebon is right about the hated parts as well. But the majority of people I've spoken to and am friends with hated Omniverse, is that after UA we felt like it was going to continue in that direction, there was a level of expectation like we'd come to know Ben 10 so well and then bam Omniverse! It was a nightmare everything we had come to love was turned on it's head with the overbearing comedy and awful everything about it. We felt betrayed like some just played a very cruel joke on us, it didn't feel like Ben 10 anymore, Omniverse was the TTG of the Ben 10 series some people went into denial and just swallowed the bitter pill pretending it was going to be alright. All in all it's the reason we are where we are now.

The Problem "The Voice" is that what you call Ben 10 isnt Ben 10 and sorry if for me is difficult to explain myself, but what i am trying to say is:

Alien Force and Ultimate Alien maybe were part of the Ben 10 Franchise and maybe follow the Ben 10 formula, but again like i say there is a formula of elements and characters, the Original Serie created this elements and AF/UA changed the tone of the franchise, but later Omniverse took back the old tone, the original one and also followed the Formula.

So if you and your friends want to understand what is really about Ben 10, then please see the Original Series again and please understand this is the original material, the guy with the golden mask call Enoch that is real Forever King or was until AF mess up the organization with Patrick and their bullshit.

But my point here isnt create a discussion, my point here is to make you understand that Alien Force and Ultimate Alien arent how Ben 10 needs and have to be.

Like Alien Force and Ultimate Alien are part of this big franchise, they were the ones who broke the Formula not Omniverse, because Omniverse is part of Ben 10 and follow all the rules to be part of the franchise. Gwevin (or whatever the name is), "dark/gritty/mature/serious/adult", teenager relationships arent part of Ben 10.

Ben 10 is a formula base in seven elements: Mistery, Action, Adventure, Aliens, Comedy, Road Trip and a Big Universe. If a series dont follow this elements isnt Ben 10, Omniverse follow all this Elements? Yes, then is Ben 10, so simple so right.

Understand it once for all. A series dont need to be like Alien Force was to be Ben 10, because Ben 10 have a formula, Alien Force itself broke the formula and dont followed or respect some parts of the Universe and that is why it had so many hate from the OS fans.

The only series who can we say is Ben 10 in reality is Ben 10, because it is the one who created everything, the writers and designers of Ben 10 dont returned for Alien Force and Alien Force dont followed or respected a lot of things about the OS and it is okay but that was the beginning of two different worlds.

Omniverse wasnt a bad series, was good, pretty good, pretty over the stop and stupid, but it was part of the comedy, for example a great comedy movie is "21 Jump Street" and if you watch that movie you will understand a good comedy always has good pretty over the top and stupid moments.

But Teen Titans Go! and Omniverse are pretty far away from being similar series, because Teen Titans Go! never respected anything about the original material and mocks of it everything it can, with sketches and jokes. While Ben 10 always follow the Ben 10 formula and become in the second best series in the franchise, only following the formula.

Omniverse give to the fans more than 100 Aliens, it knew when to be serious and when to be pretty stupid and over the top, the first 40 episodes are the ones i can call perfect, then the comedy become irritating and later lame and stupid, but this was thanks to CN who order 20 episodes more with only some weeks to deliver the stories and scripts.

Omniverse had the comedy, the action, the aliens, the mistery, the road trip, exploded and presented the universe like any other series before and redeemed AF/UA, if Omniverse had better character development and they had given Ben a character development so good like AF or UA give to him then it would had been perfect.

Why i say all this bullshit you should ask? Because the Reboot is coming, the Reboot is coming! and if we are clear with what we expect less people will come here screaming nosense bullshit about how they dont follow McDuffie "the great" ideas, when McDuffie isnt longer here and we need to understand if Omniverse did a pretty awesome job following his path, then what could do this reboot wrong?

.....

The Next Morning The Reboot is like Teen Titans Go! but in Ben 10 version.

Your general lack of understanding is annoying and disturbing. I am not going to bother correcting you, I swear it's like I am talking to a wall.

3 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 6th February 2016, 12:19 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
The Voice wrote:
AleSIr19 wrote:
The Voice wrote:
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Here's the thing about comedy in Ben 10. Fans aren't concerned as to whether or not the Ben 10 reboot will have any comedy in general. The fans are concerned about whether the reboot will be a comedy show or an action show with comedic elements. They don't want a comedy show out of the Ben 10 reboot. They want an action show with comedic elements. Not every show needs comedic elements to make them work either. It helps but not always. There have been many shows on television that have either very little comedy or no comedy at all and they were entertaining and fun to watch.

If you think that Omniverse had a perfect amount of comedy in it, that's fine but most fans despise Omniverse and one major reason why is that to them, including me, there's too much comedy in Omniverse. At least most of the time, Omniverse focused so much on comedy that it overpowered the action and more dark and serious moments. Many fans don't like Alien Force and Ultimate Alien one major reason being that because it was too dark and not light enough. Most fans hate Omniverse one major reason being that because it was too light and not dark enough. To most fans of Ben 10, Omniverse felt more like a comedy show with action elements instead of an action show with comedy elements. The original Ben 10 was an action show with comedic elements. Not a comedy show with action elements.

Regardless of what Man of Action says about the reboot being more action-oriented, most fans fear that the Ben 10 reboot will be a comedy show anyways. This is most especially because of CN's recent track record with their shows, removing all or most of their action shows and replacing them with comedy shows that are cheaply made using flash art. Even going so far as to turn some of their more action shows into comedy shows, such as Teen Titans Go. The problem isn't that people are worried that the Ben 10 reboot will have comedy in general. The real problem is that people are worried that the Ben 10 reboot will end up being a comedy show and not an action show.
Those are some reasons and Ebon is right about the hated parts as well. But the majority of people I've spoken to and am friends with hated Omniverse, is that after UA we felt like it was going to continue in that direction, there was a level of expectation like we'd come to know Ben 10 so well and then bam Omniverse! It was a nightmare everything we had come to love was turned on it's head with the overbearing comedy and awful everything about it. We felt betrayed like some just played a very cruel joke on us, it didn't feel like Ben 10 anymore, Omniverse was the TTG of the Ben 10 series some people went into denial and just swallowed the bitter pill pretending it was going to be alright. All in all it's the reason we are where we are now.

The Problem "The Voice" is that what you call Ben 10 isnt Ben 10 and sorry if for me is difficult to explain myself, but what i am trying to say is:

Alien Force and Ultimate Alien maybe were part of the Ben 10 Franchise and maybe follow the Ben 10 formula, but again like i say there is a formula of elements and characters, the Original Serie created this elements and AF/UA changed the tone of the franchise, but later Omniverse took back the old tone, the original one and also followed the Formula.

So if you and your friends want to understand what is really about Ben 10, then please see the Original Series again and please understand this is the original material, the guy with the golden mask call Enoch that is real Forever King or was until AF mess up the organization with Patrick and their bullshit.

But my point here isnt create a discussion, my point here is to make you understand that Alien Force and Ultimate Alien arent how Ben 10 needs and have to be.

Like Alien Force and Ultimate Alien are part of this big franchise, they were the ones who broke the Formula not Omniverse, because Omniverse is part of Ben 10 and follow all the rules to be part of the franchise. Gwevin (or whatever the name is), "dark/gritty/mature/serious/adult", teenager relationships arent part of Ben 10.

Ben 10 is a formula base in seven elements: Mistery, Action, Adventure, Aliens, Comedy, Road Trip and a Big Universe. If a series dont follow this elements isnt Ben 10, Omniverse follow all this Elements? Yes, then is Ben 10, so simple so right.

Understand it once for all. A series dont need to be like Alien Force was to be Ben 10, because Ben 10 have a formula, Alien Force itself broke the formula and dont followed or respect some parts of the Universe and that is why it had so many hate from the OS fans.

The only series who can we say is Ben 10 in reality is Ben 10, because it is the one who created everything, the writers and designers of Ben 10 dont returned for Alien Force and Alien Force dont followed or respected a lot of things about the OS and it is okay but that was the beginning of two different worlds.

Omniverse wasnt a bad series, was good, pretty good, pretty over the stop and stupid, but it was part of the comedy, for example a great comedy movie is "21 Jump Street" and if you watch that movie you will understand a good comedy always has good pretty over the top and stupid moments.

But Teen Titans Go! and Omniverse are pretty far away from being similar series, because Teen Titans Go! never respected anything about the original material and mocks of it everything it can, with sketches and jokes. While Ben 10 always follow the Ben 10 formula and become in the second best series in the franchise, only following the formula.

Omniverse give to the fans more than 100 Aliens, it knew when to be serious and when to be pretty stupid and over the top, the first 40 episodes are the ones i can call perfect, then the comedy become irritating and later lame and stupid, but this was thanks to CN who order 20 episodes more with only some weeks to deliver the stories and scripts.

Omniverse had the comedy, the action, the aliens, the mistery, the road trip, exploded and presented the universe like any other series before and redeemed AF/UA, if Omniverse had better character development and they had given Ben a character development so good like AF or UA give to him then it would had been perfect.

Why i say all this bullshit you should ask? Because the Reboot is coming, the Reboot is coming! and if we are clear with what we expect less people will come here screaming nosense bullshit about how they dont follow McDuffie "the great" ideas, when McDuffie isnt longer here and we need to understand if Omniverse did a pretty awesome job following his path, then what could do this reboot wrong?

.....

The Next Morning The Reboot is like Teen Titans Go! but in Ben 10 version.

Your general lack of understanding is annoying and disturbing. I am not going to bother correcting you, I swear it's like I am talking to a wall.
lol


_________________


4 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 6th February 2016, 11:53 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I dont know why is too hard for you "The Voice" to understand something so simple and you always are like "It is like talk to a wall".

What you always say is "I saw first Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, they are the best Ben 10 series, but when Omniverse took a different design i hate it". But what you need to understand is that Alien Force did the same shit with the Original Series and their fans.

Dwayne McDuffie and Glenn Murakami give to the Original Series fans a big middle finger to the face when they crafted Alien Force, because they changed the design, changed the tone and even didnt follow a lot of things about the Universe Man of Action created.

Was really hard to me to understand that maybe even if i thought that the Forever Knights of AF were shit, the series was filled of bad designs with a really bad palette of colors and there were a lot of plot holes in the story, i was only focusing in the bad things, the mistery, the action, the aliens and even the development was pretty great and that is why end up accepting AF for what it is (and also the reason why i dont watch the Forever Knight Episodes of AF they are really bad).

What you need to understand and the only true in the world is that every Ben 10 series is unique and different, they all follow a formula but at the same time are different, Alien Force isnt similar to the OS, Ultimate Alien isnt similar to Alien Force, Omniverse isnt similar to Ultimate Alien and The Reboot doesnt need to be similar to anything we have seen before.

Because again, Alien Force never followed anything the Original Series did, Ultimate Alien had a really different tone from Alien Force being more colorful and with more comedy, Omniverse was around the action and the comedy.

Now the Reboot what will change? i dont really know and i dont really care. Because after Alien Force, anything cant make me hate Ben 10 again, i stop watching Ben 10 because of Alien Force for 3 years, later i watch it all again and i liked it, i hate it, but in some way i like it. Ultimate Alien just has this kind of stupid nosense filler episodes about rescue Julie from the Nanochips or from Ssserpent, but the Kevin episodes are great and they at less try to make right his mistakes around the Forever Knight, but i will never forgive the bullshit around Patrick.

Omniverse is over the top bullshit, but the kind really awesome, the Reboot could be pretty cool, so please give a chance to this show and it will become another TTG! for you...

Because like you always say "Alien Force and Ultimate Alien are the best Ben 10 series", they are pretty good, but Ben 10 isnt drama, Ben 10 is adventure, action and comedy.



Last edited by AleSIr19 on 7th February 2016, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

5 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 6th February 2016, 11:59 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
AleSIr19 wrote:I dont know why is too hard for you "The Voice" to understand something so simple and always you are like "Is like talk to a wall".

What you always say is "I saw first Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, they are the best Ben 10 series, but when Omniverse took a different design i hate it". But what you need to understand is that Alien Force did the same shit with the Original Series and their fans.

Dwayne McDuffie and Glenn Murakami give to the Original Series fans a big middle finger to the face when they crafted Alien Force, because they changed the design, changed the tone and even didnt follow a lot of things about the Universe Man of Action created.

Was really hard to me to understand that maybe the Forever Knights were shit, that maybe the series was filled of bad designs with a really bad palette of colors and maybe there were a lot of plot holes in the story, but i was only focusing in the bad things, the mistery, the action, the aliens and even the development was pretty great and that is why end up accepting AF for what it is (and also the reason why i dont watch the Forever Knight Episodes of AF they are really bad).

What you need to understand and the only true in the world is that every Ben 10 series is unique and different, they all follow a formula but at the same time are different, Alien Force isnt similar to the OS, Ultimate Alien isnt similar to Alien Force, Omniverse isnt similar to Ultimate Alien and The Reboot doesnt need to be similar to anything we have seen before.

Because again, Alien Force never followed anything the Original Series did, Ultimate Alien had a really different tone from Alien Force being more colorful and with more comedy, Omniverse was around the action and the comedy.

Now the Reboot what will change, i dont really care and i dont really know. Because after Alien Force, anything cant make me hate Ben 10 again, i stop watching Ben 10 because of Alien Force for 3 years, later i watch all again and i liked it, i hate it, but in some way i like it. Ultimate Alien just has this stupid nosense filler episode about rescue Julie from the Nanochips or from Ssserpent, but the Kevin episodes are great and they at less try to make right his mistakes around the Forever Knight, but i will never forgive the bullshit around Patrick.

Omniverse is stupid over the top bullshit, but the kind really awesome, the Reboot could be awesome, please give a chance to this show and it will become another TTG! for you...
Im not sure what you mean by if you give the reboot a chance it will become ttg because whether you watch or not will not change what it is

Also tara strong doing alot of ben 10?https://mobile.twitter.com/tarastrong/status/696078691453906944


_________________


6 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 7th February 2016, 12:03 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
You catch me will i was rewriting the whole thing i do this a lot. Read it again. By the way:

https://mobile.twitter.com/tarastrong/status/696069103665025024

Tara Strong i will never understand if she is adorable or sexy.

7 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 7th February 2016, 2:17 am

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I never said AF/UA was the best don't put your words in my mouth, what backwater Third World country are you from again? Patrick was one the leaders of The Forever Knights, were split into rival factions each faction had it's own leader Urien, Patrick, Driscoll, Enoch, Cyrus, that's not hard to understand is it? The main point you don't seem to be getting is that I was making was OS/AF/UA laid a foundation for the expectations we had as for how Ben 10 would continue to progress in the next show. Omniverse did not deliver on that promise and disgraced and degraded all our hopes and dreams of Ben having a real future. I am not hating on comedy either I love comedy and I did get a chuckle or two from OV, but there is a time and place for everything and Omniverse destroyed that order of things as far as I am concerned Omniverse was just a show with the Ben 10 name stamped on it with some loose and cheep story tie-ins.

8 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 7th February 2016, 5:20 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The Voice wrote:I never said AF/UA was the best don't put your words in my mouth, what backwater Third World country are you from again? Patrick was one the leaders of The Forever Knights, were split into rival factions each faction had it's own leader Urien, Patrick, Driscoll, Enoch, Cyrus, that's not hard to understand is it?  The main point you don't seem to be getting is that I was making was OS/AF/UA laid a foundation for the expectations we had as for how Ben 10 would continue to progress in the next show. Omniverse did not deliver on that promise and disgraced and degraded all our hopes and dreams of Ben having a real future. I am not hating on comedy either I love comedy and I did get a chuckle or two from OV, but there is a time and place for everything and Omniverse destroyed that order of things as far as I am concerned Omniverse was just a show with the Ben 10 name stamped on it with some loose and cheep story tie-ins.

Men is only that i dont understand or find sense in what you write, because Alien Force dont respected the Original Series even worst dont deliver the promises, disgraced and degraded all the hopes and dreams of the Original Series fans.

Is like imagine this "An 8/9 years old boy loves Ben 10, but the serie is coming to his end and the series had this colorful tone, it was about adventure, good design, comedy, because Ben 10 was really irritating, funny and pretty stupid, while Gwen was smart, interesting and the voice of reason"

"This boy expect something from the Sequel do you understand? Expect to see Enoch back or at less Driscoll, Expect to see Kevin smashing Ben 10 againts the ground and making him bleed, Dr. Animo and his crazy mutations wanting revenge."

But what did this boy get from Alien Force? Shit, more bullshit and i bit of deception, disrespect to everything he know and care about.

Why the hell respect the old design of the Forever Knights, you know what? Better we give to this stupid kids the numeric symbol of Forever, because you understand? They are the Forever Knights, the Forever Knights. Holly Molly the writers without imagination are here in the Roooom!

Why we should make comback Enoch or Driscoll for AF, better we will present this bullshit about Patrick and become this pretty smart guys into some stupid assholes who are hunting a dragon. Thanks for that, i really like your imagination writers of Alien Force.

But my point here isnt attack Alien Force, because i am not saying lies, if i want to say a lie i would only need to say "Kevin and Gwen relationship was shit" and you know what? that is a big fat lie, because Alien Force did a pretty decent job in the relationship department.

My issue here is how the fans of AF/UA have years moking about how their vision of Ben 10 was right, when their vision of Ben 10 suck and disrespect in a pretty ugly way what the writers did with the Original Series. I dont really care about Dwayne McDuffie because he only write 10 episodes. Charlotte, Matt and Leh Uhley have their hands full of pretty disrespecting, simple, boring and mature episodes about a teenager and his cousin.

The Problem the Alien Force fans cant understand is that Alien Force and Ultimate Alien are two shows, TWO! NOT ONE, TWO! You cant pretend a huge plot hole and disrespect to the fans, like made the Forever Knights his cowardly idiots disappears when Alien Force a totally different serie and they are 2 episodes around this group showing us how stupid they are in AF.

This happen with Kevin, Vilgax, Vulkanus, Dr. Animo, Charmcaster, name the character and you will see Ultimate Alien filled a huge plot hole that Alien Force left and never try to solve. But why is the problem with this you ask? A Huge Gap of 4 Years.

FOUR Freacking years men. For god sake, how they were so lazy and mediocre to use this 4 year gap like an excuse to all his mistakes and even worst to later try to use the show after AF, Ultimate Alien to try to put sense into the bullshit they alredy did wrong!

This kind of acts dont deserve forgiveness, this kind of let down to fans is call be an asshole and i sadly dont forgive and will never forgive what they did to Dr. Animo, sorry i mess up, "D'Void" (pretty stupid name ugh?) and to my favorite characters The Forever Knights. Because i was hoping to see Enoch and i get to see Patrick. FREACKING PATRICK!

Omniverse in the other side of the coin respect all the canon, never disrespect AF/UA, even more ironic they redeemed all the mistakes this series had. The big mistake was being original and change the game, make the character be humans and not robot. Have a live.

For Example, UA was really sexist with Charmcaster and Omniverse took the character and make her a badass again, i dont really care what the people say, make her get together with Darkstar was stupid, because Charmcaster dont take bullshit! she is the kind of girl who see his "boyfriend" is a major assholes and she only kicks his nuts and send him to hell.

Omniverse did what Alien Force and Ultimate Alien never understand how to do right, in another words, how to make his own good version of Ben 10, not AF/UA, because again AF/UA arent Ben 10, are part of Ben 10. The OS is Ben 10. Watch it again and tell me what you see. You see in the OS the AF/UA bullshit? i dont believe it Brah.

So understand once for all that Alien Force never respect or followed the Original Series even worst, was a disgrace and dont deliver the promises, it change the characters and everything, because for the Teenagers of 2008 dark and gritty was the new popular.

9 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 7th February 2016, 6:21 am

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
My god, AleSir19. If The Voice likes Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, that is his opinion. Leave it to that. I don't like Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, and Omniverse yet I'm fine with what The Voice or anyone else thinks about the Ben 10 sequels. You don't have to agree with him or like what he likes but it is best for you to accept his opinion. Not to force him to not like something that he does likes. If The Voice likes Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, that is what he likes. He has a different opinion than you. So what. Deal with it. Quit being such a jerk and just accept that he has a different opinion than you on a couple particular shows.

10 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 7th February 2016, 10:09 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Tactical Ochoa wrote:My god, AleSir19. If The Voice likes Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, that is his opinion. Leave it to that. I don't like Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, and Omniverse yet I'm fine with what The Voice or anyone else thinks about the Ben 10 sequels. You don't have to agree with him or like what he likes but it is best for you to accept his opinion. Not to force him to not like something that he does likes. If The Voice likes Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, that is what he likes. He has a different opinion than you. So what. Deal with it. Quit being such a jerk and just accept that he has a different opinion than you on a couple particular shows.

I dont have problems with his opinion, because again i think AF/UA are pretty good shows, i have problems with his speech of "AF/UA were Ben 10 and Omniverse was a disgrace and The Reboot will be too and not longer Ben 10, because Ben 10 is McDuffie and not anyone else".

When the truth is, i dont care, i really dont care, i only want the people to understand we have this big pack name Ben 10 and inside the pack we have 4 series until now, five if we count the reboot. Every series find his way to be his own thing and i respect that.

But what i cant respect and forgive are fans who destroy the Pack and the Franchise showing no support when the show is pretty good, like i did with Alien Force/Ultimate Alien and like The Voice and at less 10 fans here did with Omniverse.

Because again AF isnt like the OS, the OS isnt like AF, i dont understand why if we saw a great path and development from Kid to superhero Omniverse dont belong to this great Arc, if Omniverse ends the development we saw how begin in AF. That is all i say.

By the way, some one here have all the dvds of Ben 10?

Imagine having the 4 Dvds of the Original Series, along the 10 of AF, the 5 of UA and the 4 of Omniverse, that would look pretty cool to see. Having the two movies and the 5 games. That would be pretty cool to see. A Shame CN never launch the rest of the Omniverse episodes in DVD.

11 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 7th February 2016, 10:18 am

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
AleSIr19 wrote:
Tactical Ochoa wrote:My god, AleSir19. If The Voice likes Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, that is his opinion. Leave it to that. I don't like Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, and Omniverse yet I'm fine with what The Voice or anyone else thinks about the Ben 10 sequels. You don't have to agree with him or like what he likes but it is best for you to accept his opinion. Not to force him to not like something that he does likes. If The Voice likes Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, that is what he likes. He has a different opinion than you. So what. Deal with it. Quit being such a jerk and just accept that he has a different opinion than you on a couple particular shows.

I dont have problems with his opinion, because again i think AF/UA are pretty good shows, i have problems with his speech of "AF/UA were Ben 10 and Omniverse was a disgrace and The Reboot will be too and not longer Ben 10, because Ben 10 is McDuffie and not anyone else".

When the truth is, i dont care, i really dont care, i only want the people to understand we have this big pack name Ben 10 and inside the pack we have 4 series until now, five if we count the reboot. Every series find his way to be his own thing and i respect that.

But what i cant respect and forgive are fans who destroy the Pack and the Franchise showing no support when the show is pretty good, like i did with Alien Force/Ultimate Alien and like The Voice and at less 10 fans here did with Omniverse.

Because again AF isnt like the OS, the OS isnt like AF, i dont understand why if we saw a great path and development from Kid to superhero Omniverse dont belong to this great Arc, if Omniverse ends the development we saw how begin in AF. That is all i say.

By the way, some one here have all the dvds of Ben 10? 0

Imagine having the 4 Dvds of the Original Series, along the 10 of AF, the 5 of UA and the 4 of Omniverse, that would look pretty cool to see. Having the two movies and the 5 games. That would be pretty cool to see. A Shame CN never launch the rest of the Omniverse episodes in DVD.

10 people? I wasn't talking about on here, also OS through UA still holds a large majority of the Ben 10 fandom.

12 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 8th February 2016, 10:41 pm

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
AleSir19, the way your posts are structured say otherwise. You say that you don't have a problem with The Voice's opinions on Alien Force and Ultimate Alien yet your posts make others, including The Voice and I, think that you do. This is much like how you say that you were interested in the topic of Bwen yet gave such a disrespectful post in response to me giving my thoughts on it. This goes for many of your other posts as well. You need to just stop and think before you start typing your own thoughts and comments. You need to be more reasonable with your posts. To show that you are more reasonable in your posts instead of typing your posts in a way that makes other people confuse what you're trying to say and thus misunderstand what you are trying to say. Like I said a while back, you are showing just how ignorant, arrogant, and now unreasonable you are because of the way you type and structure your posts. You're not making yourself look good here. There's also all the constant swearing that you're giving out recently. You just need to stop and think on how you can give a proper post and persuasive argument here. Otherwise, you're just going to end up causing more problems and unnecessary conflicts than good and it's going to make you look bad and thus turn many, if not most or everyone, against you. Think before you type and if you say you are thinking before you're typing, based on at least most of your posts, no you're not.

13 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 9th February 2016, 6:05 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
My post was created to explain the Voice what Alien Force did, not what i believe it did, but what you can search by yourself in google and see it did. Again i dont have problems with Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, because like my post say very clear in somewhere "I understood i had to accept Alien Force and Ultimate Alien for what they were for me" and that is what i did.

That doesnt mean i hate AF/UA, because again the world isnt black and white, the world its painted in colors and if you want to understand the real color of the things and the people you need to stop seeing everything good and bad and begin to see that the bad things had good sides and the good things always have bad sides.

For the kids who follow the Original Series when it came out, Alien Force was a huge disappointment, however Alien Force add to the fan base a lot of fans, who later saw the OS, this kind of fans dont understand the expectations we had for this new show and how bad it end up paying or living to this expectations.

The only true is that Alien Force had a lot of mistery and when i saw the series for the first time the design and the mistery feel great, but later i understand a lot of the mistery were plot holes, the kind they never would try to solve or make right.

Alien Force was about teenager relationships and development of character that is what it did great, but the plot always had something missing and the action wasnt too exciting. So for me AF is like "The OC" a great series about teenager problems.

Ultimate Alien did a little bit of the same, but was more on the tone of the comedy, but the design was so simple and boring the comedy dont work well with it and the Ultimates always looked pretty bad. But again it had some of the darkest episodes of this Franchise.

Like you will see, all the series arent black or white, they are in colors. Alien Force and Ultimate have good things but not enough for me to say they are good series, because i never find them mature/dark/serious/adult/interesting, in some cases were boring, in another ones competent, almost always entertaining. Like AF/UA always tried desperately to be mature/dark/serious/adult and i never find them any of this things, i can say it fail to his city.

That is why again i always find Omniverse better than AF/UA because it tried to be colorful, over top action, full of the classic Ben 10 elements take to the next level and they did at less for me they did it. AF/UA always had pretty interesting themes/messages under the plots and the characters but it always evaded any possibility of presenting to us this dark/mature/serious/adult and interesting themes under the basic and standar themes.

You only need to see the two episode of the Forever Knights in AF and later take the two episodes of the Forever Knights in Omniverse and compare them, Omniverse understood pretty well the essence of the organization and dont make them seen like fools, while for some reason they presented even better than AF/UA how racist and xenophobic this guys were and how this make them seen like fools and monsters.

But in Omniverse becomes even crazier, because when you think of the General message of the series "Diversity, the mixing of two races, aliens and humans living together" and you have two episodes around this theme of this humans racist and xenophobic plans then it works pretty great with the main message of the series.

14 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 9th February 2016, 7:26 am

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Can we go back to talking about the reboot and what we know so far about it? Fighting about which series is best is:
1) Not the topic.
2) Not getting anywhere.

I think this one: http://ben10.englishboard.net/t72-favourite-series-so-far
would be better for this kind of debate.

15 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 9th February 2016, 2:14 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Sebastian13 wrote:Can we go back to talking about the reboot and what we know so far about it? Fighting about which series is best is:
1) Not the topic.
2) Not getting anywhere.

I think this one: http://ben10.englishboard.net/t72-favourite-series-so-far
would be better for this kind of debate.

My debate wasnt about what series was better, if they want to turn it into that kind of discussion is their problem, not mine. Because i say it pretty clear in my huge post. I write how i felt and how i react to Alien Force, also i write why i felt this way about that series and the problems the AF/UA fans i dont believe understand about this Franchise and his formula.

If you read my posts the only one who say something about what series is better is the last one i write, the other ones are about how i react to AF and why. This is something very important because this Reboot will be different and people like The Voice needs to finally understand that this isnt about what series is bad and what series is better, this is about reality.

The reality is that Ben 10 follow a formula and every series is unique, Alien Force never respect the Original Series and the events of Alien Force dont connect by itself to the Original Series in anyway and this is really bad for the development of character and plot holes we find along the series. Ultimate Alien try to connect to the Original Series and to put sense into the things who doesnt and Omniverse only try to put sense to everything we saw in the three series and make a single, cohesive story.

Why is this important for the reboot? Because the AF/UA still believe their vision "Is the Vision" and their vision isnt the vision, because AF is part of something bigger call Ben 10, sadly thanks to AF we had 4 series who are really different from each other and who had different themes, arcs, tones and genres, but the thing we the fans have to understand is that like Ben 10 isnt AF or UA, but the 4 series together, this mean the only value we have to judge a series like a good or bad series by itself and true to this Universe is the "Ben 10 Formula" who is present in every serie.

Now, about the reboot, what the heck would be talk about because sadly we dont know nothing yet, only that they made look ugly Upgrade and Cannonbolt.

16 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 9th February 2016, 6:28 pm

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
I didn't direct my post to someone in particular. And if there's nothing new to say about the reboot, then other topics should be bumped or created. If anyone is curious about the latest Ben 10 Reboot news, images and opinions...he should be able to see that here. But sadly, that's not what the past few pages have been about.

17 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 9th February 2016, 7:08 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Sebastian13 wrote:I didn't direct my post to someone in particular. And if there's nothing new to say about the reboot, then other topics should be bumped or created. If anyone is curious about the latest Ben 10 Reboot news, images and opinions...he should be able to see that here. But sadly, that's not what the past few pages have been about.
Very true


_________________


18 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 9th February 2016, 11:29 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
Yeah this has gone on long enough, all that's been happening is a few of the members (not saying who) have been constantly arguing about this for the past 50 pages and its growing tiresome.
Thanks for finally saying something Sebastian13.

19 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 9th February 2016, 11:39 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Ebomnitrix wrote:Yeah this has gone on long enough, all that's been happening is a few of the members (not saying who) have been constantly arguing about this for the past 50 pages and its growing tiresome.
Thanks for finally saying something Sebastian13.
I agree we should definetely move all that chatter to another thread because this is kinda ridiculous


_________________


20 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 9th February 2016, 11:57 pm

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
This issue is not lost on me, and I realize it's a pointless argument there is no winning it. But a certain someone stokes my rage and I don't have much self control.

21 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 10th February 2016, 12:01 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
The Voice wrote:This issue is not lost on me, and I realize it's a pointless argument there is no winning it. But a certain someone stokes my rage and I don't have much self control.
we are saying its fine to dicuss it i mean thats what these forums are for but at least move it to a thread related to that paticular argument.


_________________


22 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 10th February 2016, 12:03 am

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
I'm not even going to bother with it anymore. AleSir19 is just not worth the time and effort for me anymore so yeah, I'm done with this discussion and I would like to get back to discussing the Ben 10 reboot once something about it pops up again.

23 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 11th February 2016, 9:43 am

MekongTiger

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I always believed a potential Gwen series would work a lot better with an 11 minute episode format.

I personally would love to see Gwen wear different outfits (TVtrope "Unlimited Wardrobe") in the reboot.









24 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 11th February 2016, 3:13 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
MekongTiger wrote:I always believed a potential Gwen series would work a lot better with an 11 minute episode format.

I personally would love to see Gwen wear different outfits (TVtrope "Unlimited Wardrobe") in the reboot.

That would be pretty interesting to see, i liked a lot how Alien Force did give Gwen 3/4 outfits (his season 1/2 clothes, his season 3 clothes, his Anodite form and his Lucky Girl suit.

In Omniverse i liked a lot too how they give Gwen his AF look, later his Omniverse look and his Lucky Girl/Anodite clothes.

I thing is pretty creative to give Gwen a lot of different clothes and styles for each season.


25 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 11th February 2016, 5:34 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
AleSir19 wrote:
MekongTiger wrote:I always believed a potential Gwen series would work a lot better with an 11 minute episode format.

I personally would love to see Gwen wear different outfits (TVtrope "Unlimited Wardrobe") in the reboot.

That would be pretty interesting to see, i liked a lot how Alien Force did give Gwen 3/4 outfits (his season 1/2 clothes, his season 3 clothes, his Anodite form and his Lucky Girl suit.

In Omniverse i liked a lot too how they give Gwen his AF look, later his Omniverse look and his Lucky Girl/Anodite clothes.

I thing is pretty creative to give Gwen a lot of different clothes and styles for each season.


Im sorry just have to point out when talking about a girl you say hers instead of his


_________________


Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 24]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum