You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ben 10 Reboot

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 24]

126 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 13th April 2016, 10:36 pm

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Steven Seagle did a interview yesterday online and revealed 2 things about the ben 10 first off he revealed that he thinks the reboot has a great voice cast that they can not reveal yet. He also reveals that the ben 10 movie is in pre production and that the reboot is to far away for them to show anything to us at this moment. He also said that he will be posting alot on Man of Actions facebook in the upcoming weeks so add them if you havnt i dont know if there will be any ben 10 info but i couldnt hurt to add them.

127 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 13th April 2016, 11:13 pm

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber
The Omni Triforcer wrote:Steven Seagle did a interview yesterday online and revealed 2 things about the ben 10 first off he revealed that he thinks the reboot has a great voice cast that they can not reveal yet. He also reveals that the ben 10 movie is in pre production and that the reboot is to far away for them to show anything to us at this moment. He also said that he will be posting alot on Man of Actions facebook in the upcoming weeks so add them if you havnt i dont know if there will be any ben 10 info but i couldnt hurt to add them.
We can expect a bit of Ben 10 news at this years upfront they usually announce a new show a year in advance.

128 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 14th April 2016, 1:37 pm

The Voice

Plumber
Plumber
The Omni Triforcer wrote:Steven Seagle did a interview yesterday online and revealed 2 things about the ben 10 first off he revealed that he thinks the reboot has a great voice cast that they can not reveal yet. He also reveals that the ben 10 movie is in pre production and that the reboot is to far away for them to show anything to us at this moment. He also said that he will be posting alot on Man of Actions facebook in the upcoming weeks so add them if you havnt i dont know if there will be any ben 10 info but i couldnt hurt to add them.

That could mean anything Steve could have been forced to say that, with CN lawyers breathing down Man Of Action's necks every second of the day. When you micromanage everything like CN has done in recent years it's just insane.

129 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 14th April 2016, 3:22 pm

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Im pretty sure they cant force someone to lie about their opinion. They can make them lie about the show but not about their opinions on the show.

130 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 14th April 2016, 6:32 pm

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Which is a good reason as to why it's not best to listen to what the people making the show has to say about their show. CN would want Man of Action to say that the Ben 10 reboot is going to be great to further promote the show and build up excitement for it. Even if MOA's opinions on the show is honest it's still not best to listen to and follow those opinions because of course MOA would talk highly of the Ben 10 reboot. They're the Executive Producers of the show. They're working on the reboot. They say that they have a great cast but who knows, it's likely that the voice actors might end up doing a terrible job with their roles. They say that the reboot is coming along well but who knows, it's likely that the reboot would end up being a jumbled mess. We as viewers would just be better off setting up our own expectations for the show and see for ourselves as to whether or not the Ben 10 reboot would actually turn out to be good.

131 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 16th April 2016, 3:40 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
We will not know for sure till it airs. Best to wait and see.

132 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 16th April 2016, 3:46 am

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
That was the point of my previous comment.

133 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 17th April 2016, 4:24 am

MekongTiger

Plumber
Plumber
At this point, I really don't care about Ben anymore nor will I remember any of his alien forms. There are other animated male characters out there that I'm more interested in at the moment. I certainly will not watch a Ben 10,000 series because I always found him very bland and boring.

If the writers & producers continue to give Gwen terrible writing & outfits & continue to ignore Lucky Girl, they are doing it completely wrong.

134 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 17th April 2016, 4:58 am

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
MekongTiger wrote:At this point, I really don't care about Ben anymore nor will I remember any of his alien forms. There are other animated male characters out there that I'm more interested in at the moment. I certainly will not watch a Ben 10,000 series because I always found him very bland and boring.

If the writers & producers continue to give Gwen terrible writing & outfits & continue to ignore Lucky Girl, they are doing it completely wrong.
I actually feel opposite to you i feel that Ben is a very interesting character, but that Lucky girl is not that interesting. Theres alot of girl superheroes with "magic" that are far more interesting then gwen, but there are not alot of alien shapeshifting super heroes. That doesn't mean i don't like lucky girl it just means that i don't think she would do that well on her own show and its not because shes a girl or anything its because i don't think shes that interesting but hey thats just my opinion. I do agree that a ben 10,000 show could potentially not be good either. For that to be good they need villians that are as powerful or even more powerful then ben himself (which is kinda hard to make with him having more than a million aliens). They would need Thanos or Darkseid level villians and honestly if they could make that happen then hell yeah i would love a ben 10,000 show. His character is interesting its just that hes to OP without powerful villians.

135 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 18th April 2016, 8:08 pm

MekongTiger

Plumber
Plumber

136 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 18th April 2016, 9:07 pm

The Omni Triforcer

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
So what im getting from this is kids dont like cartoons with story arcs like ben 10 or avatar. This is totally ridiculous and totally untrue. This is just a stupid reason for the networks to be lazy and air episodes out of order.

137 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 18th April 2016, 9:46 pm

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Agree. It's BS yet that seems to be the mindset that networks such as Cartoon Network seem to follow now. Comedy and modern trends and memes over actual story, quality, and creativity. Making comedy shows is fine to do but at the same time kids should also experience strong and compelling stories and some very creative ideas and all that stuff. Kids should experience and witness what it truly takes to make great shows. To see various examples of how great stories, characters, settings, ideas, styles, etc can be executed and implemented into entertainment media. These are kids that we're talking about here. Young individuals with young and developing minds. Kids that are constantly learning more about pretty much everything they see in their lives. This is one of the major reasons as to why I get so ticked off about the excuse by writers and network companies of " oh, we're making shows for kids so we don't need to put a lot of effort into our shows because kids don't know any better." Again, comedy shows are fine to make but that shouldn't be the only thing that kids should be exposed to on networks such as Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. At least in my opinion, kids shouldn't be exposed to shows such as Teen Titans Go!, Uncle Grandpa, and the PPG reboot. They should see and experience shows such as Courage the Cowardly Dog, the original Ben 10, Ed Edd n Eddy, Samurai Jack, Gravity Falls, Avatar The Last Airbender, etc and networks should put a lot more of a focus on making shows that is on the very level of quality or higher as the very shows that I listed. This is our future generation here. Networks should also help our future generation develop and grow throughout their early years so that they can become better individuals later on in their lives instead of just exploiting them just to garner some more cash off of them and their parents.

138 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 18th April 2016, 11:44 pm

The Voice

Plumber
Plumber
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Agree. It's BS yet that seems to be the mindset that networks such as Cartoon Network seem to follow now. Comedy and modern trends and memes over actual story, quality, and creativity. Making comedy shows is fine to do but at the same time kids should also experience strong and compelling stories and some very creative ideas and all that stuff. Kids should experience and witness what it truly takes to make great shows. To see various examples of how great stories, characters, settings, ideas, styles, etc can be executed and implemented into entertainment media. These are kids that we're talking about here. Young individuals with young and developing minds. Kids that are constantly learning more about pretty much everything they see in their lives. This is one of the major reasons as to why I get so ticked off about the excuse by writers and network companies of " oh, we're making shows for kids so we don't need to put a lot of effort into our shows because kids don't know any better." Again, comedy shows are fine to make but that shouldn't be the only thing that kids should be exposed to on networks such as Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. At least in my opinion, kids shouldn't be exposed to shows such as Teen Titans Go!, Uncle Grandpa, and the PPG reboot. They should see and experience shows such as Courage the Cowardly Dog, the original Ben 10, Ed Edd n Eddy, Samurai Jack, Gravity Falls, Avatar The Last Airbender, etc and networks should put a lot more of a focus on making shows that is on the very level of quality or higher as the very shows that I listed. This is our future generation here. Networks should also help our future generation develop and grow throughout their early years so that they can become better individuals later on in their lives instead of just exploiting them just to garner some more cash off of them and their parents.

A little late for that speech Tactical. But to make another point we didn't have this problem when I was a kid, there was always something on for everybody, now today it's just one or two shows and that's just sad. Omniverse and I've said it before was the nail in the coffin for Ben 10 and look where it has lead to now.

139 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 18th April 2016, 11:46 pm

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Yeah. Better late than never though.

140 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 19th April 2016, 7:17 am

MekongTiger

Plumber
Plumber
The Omni Triforcer wrote:So what im getting from this is kids dont like cartoons with story arcs like ben 10 or avatar. This is totally ridiculous and totally untrue. This is just a stupid reason for the networks to be lazy and air episodes out of order.

Which is why I really want all future DC Comics animated shows to be aired on Netflix! DC Super Hero Girls & Justice League Action both deserved to be aired on Netflix! DC Animation is going backwards by not teaming up with Netflix!

I hope Cartoon Network doesn't screw up the Samurai Jack revival! And I hope they do make another good miniseries.

This generation is basically "Generation Z for Zombies"!

141 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 19th April 2016, 12:14 pm

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber
MekongTiger wrote:
The Omni Triforcer wrote:So what im getting from this is kids dont like cartoons with story arcs like ben 10 or avatar. This is totally ridiculous and totally untrue. This is just a stupid reason for the networks to be lazy and air episodes out of order.

Which is why I really want all future DC Comics animated shows to be aired on Netflix! DC Super Hero Girls & Justice League Action both deserved to be aired on Netflix! DC Animation is going backwards by not teaming up with Netflix!

I hope Cartoon Network doesn't screw up the Samurai Jack revival! And I hope they do make another good miniseries.

This generation is basically "Generation Z for Zombies"!
There wont much of a problem for a samurai jack revival since the original creator is going to be involved with Genndy Tartakovsky returning as executive producer..

142 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 19th April 2016, 1:49 pm

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Well that just really depends on what they're going to allow the creator of the show to do. Man of Action are back as the executive producers of the Ben 10 reboot and we're already noticing quite some problems with it. I believe Joe Kelly stated on his AMA on Reddit a while back that it was CN's decision to reboot the series and not Man of Action. Unlike the Ben 10 reboot, the Samurai Jack show is being made by Adult Swim so maybe it'll be different but then again Adult Swim are partners with Cartoon Network. Either way, who knows how the Samurai Jack show will turn out as.

143 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 19th April 2016, 9:55 pm

AleSir19

Plumber
Plumber
I am tired of this stupid bullshit and i have to say it. Time change, you arent anymore an eight years old boy and were arent in 2007 anymore, the style change, the animation change, everything change, but this doesnt mean the things the people do now are shit, the problem is you, who doesnt know how to grown up and now see everything like shit when they are not.

Regular Show and Adventure Time are some of the best, more original and interesting things never happen in CN, deal with it. Clarence, Steven Universe arent products, are expressions of how the time change and even The Powerpuff Girls Reboot is a proof of this.

The Animators and creators now days are different, they like stupid comedy, but this doesnt mean their shows are bad, they only enjoy the bizarre, dysfunctional and stupid things they put in screen. The Animators now days are better than before and i really enjoy it. I enjoy how Hipsters this creators are, how they use the colors, the lines, the retro themes and even the design like one thing.

The boring, simple and plain comic book design is that thing of the past, deal with it men. If you want to do a good animation in Comic Book Style, you need to spend a lot of money or either way you will end up with something like Alien Force when you want something like The Flash Vol. 2 Number 001.

The Animation bussines is really expensive, is really expensive to animate things in 2D, that is the reason why almost the 80 % of the movies right now are made in 3D/CGI, because while is expensive, isnt so expensive like try to design and create a 2D thing from zero. The Claymation is also a nice option that never dies.

But the reality, is that i like this new style of animation, this simple, base in colors, lines, retro themes and basic stuff animation, because is an expression of the artist, is unique. I like a lot the stupid comedy, because i love stupid comedy. But this doesnt mean i like crap like Teen Titans Go! i hate bad satire shit or things like Uncle Grandpa who is only a stupid product.

Deal with reality you are old...

Omniverse wasnt the end of Ben 10, Omniverse try to do the same thing Alien Force did like 4 years before, but fail really hard doing so, because Alien Force lost half of the audience and Omniverse lost the other half killing the fanbase.

144 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 20th April 2016, 12:31 am

The Voice

Plumber
Plumber
AleSir19 wrote:I am tired of this stupid bullshit and i have to say it. Time change, you arent anymore an eight years old boy and were arent in 2007 anymore, the style change, the animation change, everything change, but this doesnt mean the things the people do now are shit, the problem is you, who doesnt know how to grown up and now see everything like shit when they are not.

Regular Show and Adventure Time are some of the best, more original and interesting things never happen in CN, deal with it. Clarence, Steven Universe arent products, are expressions of how the time change and even The Powerpuff Girls Reboot is a proof of this.

The Animators and creators now days are different, they like stupid comedy, but this doesnt mean their shows are bad, they only enjoy the bizarre, dysfunctional and stupid things they put in screen. The Animators now days are better than before and i really enjoy it. I enjoy how Hipsters this creators are, how they use the colors, the lines, the retro themes and even the design like one thing.

The boring, simple and plain comic book design is that thing of the past, deal with it men. If you want to do a good animation in Comic Book Style, you need to spend a lot of money or either way you will end up with something like Alien Force when you want something like The Flash Vol. 2 Number 001.

The Animation bussines is really expensive, is really expensive to animate things in 2D, that is the reason why almost the 80 % of the movies right now are made in 3D/CGI, because while is expensive, isnt so expensive like try to design and create a 2D thing from zero. The Claymation is also a nice option that never dies.

But the reality, is that i like this new style of animation, this simple, base in colors, lines, retro themes and basic stuff animation, because is an expression of the artist, is unique. I like a lot the stupid comedy, because i love stupid comedy. But this doesnt mean i like crap like Teen Titans Go! i hate bad satire shit or things like Uncle Grandpa who is only a stupid product.

Omniverse wasnt the end of Ben 10, Omniverse try to do the same thing Alien Force did like 4 years before, but fail really hard doing so, because Alien Force lost half of the audience and Omniverse lost the other half killing the fanbase.

Your stupidity, never ceases to amazing.

145 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 20th April 2016, 3:43 am

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
AleSir19 wrote:I am tired of this stupid bullshit and i have to say it. Time change, you arent anymore an eight years old boy and were arent in 2007 anymore, the style change, the animation change, everything change, but this doesnt mean the things the people do now are shit, the problem is you, who doesnt know how to grown up and now see everything like shit when they are not.

I can agree with... well half of this honestly (just not the grown up stuff), this is just new people working on new shows, making their own style of things, just to see what people like, and keep in mind we have variety of people from Disney, Nick and CN working on other shows for other channels so that's ok.

Alien Force actually, made the OS fans leave but made the fanbase grow more, because of the change and development, and because half of the fanbase was Gwevin fans -.- Who remembers that in 2009 huh? My point is, during back then... UAF was only cared because of how much things had changed to where the show would grow up with its audience.

Omniverse only lost the fanbase because it was appealing both a new audience and its older audience, but failed miserably.

The fanbase isn't dead, cause some people are still here? It just takes accepting to some of the newer things that can save the Ben 10 franchise, we have to accept this new style of animation that other networks are working for, cause if we don't, then there's no hope for many cartoons out there.

That's why I try to stuff like Steven Universe, or Gravity Falls, I even took a look at Clarence, We Bare Bears, and Uncle Grandpa, sure I don't watch em as much but they're great shows for the younger audience, although WBB is the only thing I can withstand because the show isn't as crazy and more calm about things, and more relatable.

The only show I don't respect is Teen Titans Go, cause they aren't even trying on that show anymore, to bring in its audience, its just a super cheap show that CN is airing, and to be honest... it should've ended a long time ago, cause the run of this show... is just sad... completely... If it got a 4th season, that would be the network's biggest mistake, cause 78 half hours is enough for that show for anybody to take.

As for animation and how things work, comedies just aren't that good at telling a story, and to be honest, I can relate to it, cause for certain shows, I don't look back because if its stretched that far, its hard to watch from the beginning unless the show is really THAT good. Because I don't do this when I watch Flash and Arrow much, cause then it feels like I have to start all over. And I'm only mentioning what was in that link.

Honestly, only a few comedy shows can stretch out a good plot if they wanted to, but Adventure Time is the only show I think that's not doing such a good job, because once something big happens, they do like 10 episodes to make sure it goes back to the original version, so like it never even happened, that's why I don't watch Adventure Time anymore, because if you change things back, it makes the show boring and not interesting.

The only shows I've seen that CN can stretch a good plot so far that's 11 minutes is Steven Universe, Kids Next Door, and others I can't think of atm. and I believe, as long as Ben 10 isn't completely comedy and has the tone those shows have, we might be able to pull this off, depending on what happens, but for now, we're at a wait and see process, and it might not be til June or July til we see anything, so for now, we wait.

146 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 20th April 2016, 6:44 pm

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Been busy yesterday so I wasn't able to respond back.

So the way that I'm interpreting the point of Ebomnitrix's comment is "we can accept change but that doesn't mean we have to like and agree with it," right? At least that's what came to mind after I read your comment. If that's right, then yeah I agree. I accept that we're going through all these changes that Cartoon Network is taking. I accept that the route that Teen Titans Go! went is what CN wanted to do. I accept that the route that the PPG reboot took is what CN wanted to do. I accept that CN wants make cash grab shows off of their famous franchises just to sell more toys and merchandise and that CN determines the success of their shows based off of the sales of their merchandise. I accept the fact that all of that stuff is happening over at Cartoon Network but that doesn't mean that I have to like and agree with it and I most certainly don't like and agree with many of the changes and decisions that CN is doing. This goes for anyone and everyone else as well. Anyone and everyone can like and dislike and agree and disagree on anything. That is our choice and nobody else can declare otherwise.

As for the shows, I don't mind on what creators want to make just as long as it's done and implemented very well and is at least good. Yes change can and does happen but as long as it's good, I don't mind the changes and I would be more than happy to favor them. I like shows such as Regular Show, Adventure Time, Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, etc. They're very creative ideas that were executed very well. I don't really like Uncle Grandpa and Clarence but they do have some creativity of their own, which I appreciate. I don't mind if shows such as Teen Titans Go! and the PPG reboot have all these changes that differentiate them from their original counterparts, just as long as they are done very well. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case because TTG and the PPG reboot are just terrible. Even then, why do our shows have to change in accordance to how out societies change. It's not about making changes; it's about having a set of ideas and concepts and being able to implement and execute those ideas and concepts properly. If the writers wants to make the PPG reboot more character-driven, that's a great idea because we get to see the main character really shine. Possibly more so than the original show. There's a lot of great potential to that approach. Unfortunately, the writers fail to properly implement this very approach and this is one of the major factors that the PPG reboot is greatly suffering from. Changes don't have to be made to make a show great either and while there are changes that can be good there are also changes that can be bad as well. Just look at Star Wars. With the prequel trilogy, George Lucas focused a lot more on using CGI sets and it backfired greatly. When Disney took over, what did they do? They went back to the more traditional approach of filming a Star Wars movie through using actual sets and actual models and props and all that stuff and god did they make The Force Awakens and Rouge One look amazing as a result. Other than that, Star Wars had always been Star Wars and George Lucas and Disney never really shined away from that. Yeah with the prequel trilogy George Lucas put more of a focus on politics but that's what George Lucas always wanted to do with Star Wars when directing the first movie. His film crew kept him from doing that though because they knew that it was a bad idea.

The overall point here is that, again, we can accept changes that are made but that doesn't mean that we have to like and agree with them as well. Anyone can decide on what they like and dislike and what they agree and disagree on. Even then, change isn't everything here and isn't always necessary. There's that saying, "if it isn't broken, don't fix it." Changes can also be either good or bad depending on how they are implemented. Even then, when making a show, it's not just about making changes. It's more importantly about having a set of ideas and concepts and being able to properly implement and execute those ideas and concepts in a way that makes them good for the viewers. As stated before in my previous reply comment to Omni-Triforcer, CN shouldn't be focusing on trying to build up some ridiculous trend of comedy shows. They should focus more on just making great shows. Shows with great stories, characters, settings, styles, art designs, etc. Shows with a lot of originality and creativity put into them. Shows that have a lot of care, respect, and effort put into them to make them great. Shows that help further develop and improve the minds and intellects of young children so that they can become better and more creative and knowledgeable individuals when they get older. Regardless of what these cartoon shows are, just make them really good. That's all that needs to be done. Don't make cash grabs. Don't make shows that are only there to advertise merchandise. Don't be lazy and sloppy just because they're making shows for kids. Just make really good shows and if CN wants to sell merchandise based on those very shows, go ahead. Just don't make shows that are based on the merchandise. Don't determine the success of these shows based on the sales of the merchandise. Just put more of a focus on making great shows.

AleSir19, if making points, comments, and arguments like this and my couple other previous comments (that are rational, reasonable, and mature) is what makes me look childish in your eyes, then chances are that you are really delusional or something of the likes. I don't need to grow up because I've already grown up. I'm very well aware that we don't live in 2007 anymore because my computer states that today is April 20, 2016. I am very much aware of the reality that we currently live in and I've already learned to deal with much of it. I accept and am aware that CN has gone through many changes over the years but, as I previously stated, that doesn't mean that I have to like and agree with them. If that's the type of stuff that you like, I'm fine with that. That's what you like and agree with and me and nobody else can declare otherwise. However, if these are the types of responses that you are going to give to the very views and arguments that people such as me give, then I'm not the one that needs to grow up here. You, AleSir19, are the one that needs to grow up here. The problem that you are dealing with is not me nor The Voice nor Ebomnitrix, Omni-Triforcer, etc. The problem that you and other people here are dealing with is you. You are the problem here and for your own sake and the sake of others, you need to fix that very problem.

147 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 20th April 2016, 10:38 pm

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
I didn't wanna quote this because that was too long, but yeah, you got me right.

148 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 20th April 2016, 11:16 pm

Tactical Ochoa

Plumber
Plumber
Ok good. And yeah, sorry about the long comment. Just wanted to make sure that I get my point across.

149 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 21st April 2016, 12:48 am

Ebomnitrix

Magister
Magister
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Ok good. And yeah, sorry about the long comment. Just wanted to make sure that I get my point across.
Nah it's fine, you good.

150 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 21st April 2016, 8:15 am

MekongTiger

Plumber
Plumber
After watching two episodes, I could now say that I really did not liked the Powerpuff Girls reboot.

The show feels empty, unmemorable and there's nothing in the show that makes me want to come back for more. I'll stick with DC Super Hero Girls thank you very much.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum