Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ben 10 Reboot

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 13 of 24]

303 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 21st June 2016, 10:18 pm

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
Look what's between Ben's legs and you'll see the difference, Omni Triforcer.

304 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 21st June 2016, 10:36 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Tactical Ochoa wrote:Look what's between Ben's legs and you'll see the difference, Omni Triforcer.
Does that even count as a difference


_________________


305 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 21st June 2016, 10:39 pm

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
Yes. That's what differentiates these two images from each other.

They are the same images. One of them is just edited a little from the original.

306 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 22nd June 2016, 3:22 am

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
These images are just... awesome...
Just awesome...

307 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 22nd June 2016, 3:26 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Ebomnitrix wrote:These images are just... awesome...
Just awesome...
Yeah the longer i look at them the more i like em


_________________


308 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 22nd June 2016, 10:24 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
There is a really strange mix of alien design right there...

We have Four Arms with the OS suit design. We have a lot of aliens without suit (like in AF/UA).
We have Grey Matter design from Omniverse.
And we have Diamond head who has this new cool design black and yellow.

I would have love to see this new black and yellow suit design in all the aliens. What a shame...

309 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 22nd June 2016, 4:28 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder


_________________


310 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 22nd June 2016, 8:08 pm

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Nice to see tara is holding up well Smile

311 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 22nd June 2016, 10:32 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber

YESSSSS MOTHER FUCKERS! The silly, hyperactive, arrogant and overconfident Ben 10 is back in town.... It makes sense to have Tara Strong back.

This Reboot is looking like a rebrand of Ben 10 for a new audience, a new target and searching new fans, who with some luck will love Ben 10 in the same way we did. I hope in story terms the old fans find something new in this show because until now it looks like reworking the old stuff...

312 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 23rd June 2016, 5:17 pm

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
This is from Tumblr. If you though TTG and PPG ‘16 were bad, Ben 10 will actually KILL Cartoon Network. Calling it right now. How many shows did CN throw out just because their toy sales weren’t on level with Ben 10?

Even @rebeltaxi​ mentioned they most likely remade this and the PPG for toys. This franchise is a harsh reminder why action shows are near-extinct.

313 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 23rd June 2016, 5:44 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
The Voice wrote:This is from Tumblr. If you though TTG and PPG ‘16 were bad, Ben 10 will actually KILL Cartoon Network. Calling it right now. How many shows did CN throw out just because their toy sales weren’t on level with Ben 10?

Even @rebeltaxi​ mentioned they most likely remade this and the PPG for toys. This franchise is a harsh reminder why action shows are near-extinct.
That is one of the big problems cartoon network has right now. Cartoon network has forgotten where their true success lies on being a channel for all types of animation. Merchandising should be secondary especially in this tough economy.

314 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 23rd June 2016, 6:08 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
The Voice wrote:This is from Tumblr. If you though TTG and PPG ‘16 were bad, Ben 10 will actually KILL Cartoon Network. Calling it right now. How many shows did CN throw out just because their toy sales weren’t on level with Ben 10?

Even @rebeltaxi​ mentioned they most likely remade this and the PPG for toys. This franchise is a harsh reminder why action shows are near-extinct.
We got action shows because of how well Ben 10 was doing, like YJ, Thundercats, Generator Rex, and because Star Wars has a big fanbase enough to allow Clone Wars to keep going, well not anymore, but back then yeah.
Look its best not to post anything negative about the Reboot, because its coming out like we hate Ben 10 too, and this site is about the opposite of that.
This Reboot isn't going to be bad at all, its just people think that way because of previous reboots, WHICH CREATORS OF THOSE SHOWS WEREN'T ON BOARD FOR IT. People also think this way is because of how bad Omniverse was to them, because they think Ben 10 should follow up like how DBZ does, UAF was to grow with its audience and continue for younger ones, but they don't realize they decided to stop doing that because they've grown up to the point where they don't even like the franchise, Omniverse even tried to continue it cause Dwayne McDuffie had those plans to put Khyber and Rook in the series, its just a lot of it later got revamped.
Another reason they think bad, they're judging the show because it doesn't resemble an anime-like design and has its own art style, which honestly its not even bad compared to other shows I have seen in the past, I mean at least for this show, the designs are the highest for modern Cartoon Network, to at least both have shading and something similar to an anime-like design. You can't judge an art style nor designs before it even comes out, and you can't judge because of Teenage Gwen and Kevin aren't going anymore, or in this case... not yet.
All I keep seeing is "THIS REBOOT IS CANCER" all over Facebook, and people are judging it before it even comes out, because its not Teenage Ben doing the same stuff from UAF or because they didn't keep the original show going. And a lot of you demanded for Ben 10 to be like the original series, and look where it got you, Omniverse and a Reboot.
But seriously if we don't at least give this show some respect before it even comes out, not judge til we get a little more of proper footage so we can see things better for ourselves and if we even continue to be like the people on Tumblr and Facebook, then don't even bother anymore, cause it sounds like you're not even a Ben 10 fan if you can't at least give some respect towards it, whether you like it or not. All I'm saying in my own words.
I mean even if I didn't like it, I wouldn't be going all "AH ITS CANCER, WHY DO YOU CONTINUE IT?, NOBODY WATCH BECAUSE THIS SHOW IS GARBAGE, AND WAS BETTER BEING LIKE THIS AND THAT AND (Wahs)" because seriously, giving that show that amount of garbage before it even comes out is just bringing out the worst of you, end of story.

315 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 23rd June 2016, 6:13 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
ultraalien wrote:
The Voice wrote:This is from Tumblr. If you though TTG and PPG ‘16 were bad, Ben 10 will actually KILL Cartoon Network. Calling it right now. How many shows did CN throw out just because their toy sales weren’t on level with Ben 10?

Even @rebeltaxi​ mentioned they most likely remade this and the PPG for toys. This franchise is a harsh reminder why action shows are near-extinct.
That is one of the big problems cartoon network has right now. Cartoon network has forgotten where their true success lies on being a channel for all types of animation. Merchandising should be secondary especially in this tough economy.
I agree, because relying on a show to make merchandising isn't going to help if you don't make the show good. Cartoon Network is only airs like 6 shows right now at best, and all I'm seeing right now is quantity over quality.
Cartoon Network's forgotten that its a channel to just air cartoons, not shows for 7 year olds. And aiming towards that kind of audience is tough, cause from what I've seen, ever since Stuart Snyder left, that's all CN has been doing. I mean giving to credit the shows that air aren't bad (except for Teen Titans GO!), it's just they don't have a lot of variety and they don't make it for all ages like they used to. We don't get action shows or dramas, or even proper comedies (excluding Gumball), like comparing to certain shows, most of it is all the same. A show trying to be like Adventure Time, a show to represent the 90s and a a show that's too childish that its really hard to withstand it.
If Cartoon Network is going to get its act together, instead of pushing to be on social media and making reboots, push to make good shows that aren't the same brand of comedy, find some shows that vary from each other, air a couple old ones and actually try to bring yourself out there, because at this rate, they'll be lucky if that channel even continues on, like what's happening to Nickelodeon right now.

316 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 23rd June 2016, 6:29 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Ebomnitrix wrote:
The Voice wrote:This is from Tumblr. If you though TTG and PPG ‘16 were bad, Ben 10 will actually KILL Cartoon Network. Calling it right now. How many shows did CN throw out just because their toy sales weren’t on level with Ben 10?

Even @rebeltaxi​ mentioned they most likely remade this and the PPG for toys. This franchise is a harsh reminder why action shows are near-extinct.
We got action shows because of how well Ben 10 was doing, like YJ, Thundercats, Generator Rex, and because Star Wars has a big fanbase enough to allow Clone Wars to keep going, well not anymore, but back then yeah.
Look its best not to post anything negative about the Reboot, because its coming out like we hate Ben 10 too, and this site is about the opposite of that.
This Reboot isn't going to be bad at all, its just people think that way because of previous reboots, WHICH CREATORS OF THOSE SHOWS WEREN'T ON BOARD FOR IT. People also think this way is because of how bad Omniverse was to them, because they think Ben 10 should follow up like how DBZ does, UAF was to grow with its audience and continue for younger ones, but they don't realize they decided to stop doing that because they've grown up to the point where they don't even like the franchise, Omniverse even tried to continue it cause Dwayne McDuffie had those plans to put Khyber and Rook in the series, its just a lot of it later got revamped.
Another reason they think bad, they're judging the show because it doesn't resemble an anime-like design and has its own art style, which honestly its not even bad compared to other shows I have seen in the past, I mean at least for this show, the designs are the highest for modern Cartoon Network, to at least both have shading and something similar to an anime-like design. You can't judge an art style nor designs before it even comes out, and you can't judge because of Teenage Gwen and Kevin aren't going anymore, or in this case... not yet.
All I keep seeing is "THIS REBOOT IS CANCER" all over Facebook, and people are judging it before it even comes out, because its not Teenage Ben doing the same stuff from UAF or because they didn't keep the original show going. And a lot of you demanded for Ben 10 to be like the original series, and look where it got you, Omniverse and a Reboot.
But seriously if we don't at least give this show some respect before it even comes out, not judge til we get a little more of proper footage so we can see things better for ourselves and if we even continue to be like the people on Tumblr and Facebook, then don't even bother anymore, cause it sounds like you're not even a Ben 10 fan if you can't at least give some respect towards it, whether you like it or not. All I'm saying in my own words.
I mean even if I didn't like it, I wouldn't be going all "AH ITS CANCER, WHY DO YOU CONTINUE IT?, NOBODY WATCH BECAUSE THIS SHOW IS GARBAGE, AND WAS BETTER BEING LIKE THIS AND THAT AND (Wahs)" because seriously, giving that show that amount of garbage before it even comes out is just bringing out the worst of you, end of story.
Totally agree. if you dont like how the show looks you don't have to watch. Just don't ruin it for the people that actually might like it. Whether you like it or not there will always be someone else that will.


_________________


317 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 24th June 2016, 12:39 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
ultraalien wrote:
The Voice wrote:This is from Tumblr. If you though TTG and PPG ‘16 were bad, Ben 10 will actually KILL Cartoon Network. Calling it right now. How many shows did CN throw out just because their toy sales weren’t on level with Ben 10?

Even @rebeltaxi​ mentioned they most likely remade this and the PPG for toys. This franchise is a harsh reminder why action shows are near-extinct.
That is one of the big problems cartoon network has right now. Cartoon network has forgotten where their true success lies on being a channel for all types of animation. Merchandising should be secondary especially in this tough economy.

Cartoon Network have always made Toys, i say this because i have a lot of toys of Dexter's Laboratory, Powepuff Girls, KND and Samurai Jack. Cartoon Network always have depend in merchandising, what you are talking about is major bullshit and only show how little you know about CN history, marketing and tv methods...

I really dont understand why you two have so many anger, hate and frustrations inside you two, but please, go other side to release it. Because hating and hating anything new makes you see like some kind of TV racist and xenophobic, hating everything new and different, without even knowing what the heck are you talking about.

Calm down, i know you loved AF but if you two knew anything about Ben 10, you would know, Alien Force didnt follow anything that Ben 10 did and was a soft reboot, Ultimate Alien didnt had the same tone that Alien Force and Omniverse was another soft reboot.

So at the end, the OS, AF and UA arent one straight forward saga, but three different tv series, with different crew, different direction, different messages, different tones, different characters and different genres. You cant try to pretend AF honors the memory and legacy of what the OS did, because it doesnt, AF erase half of the OS story and pretend the other half happen in a different way...

So at the end, please stop it alredy, AF was good, but UA was shitty, it lost his most important thing, his target, with both the TV series and the Merchandising and at the end CN had to create Omniverse to try to do the same they did with AF but this time, they kill the show...

Now we have a reboot, it wont be great, but it could be fun, i find really stupid the people who hate thing before even knowing what the heck they are hating so stop it now...

318 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 24th June 2016, 2:34 am

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
AleSir19 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
The Voice wrote:This is from Tumblr. If you though TTG and PPG ‘16 were bad, Ben 10 will actually KILL Cartoon Network. Calling it right now. How many shows did CN throw out just because their toy sales weren’t on level with Ben 10?

Even @rebeltaxi​ mentioned they most likely remade this and the PPG for toys. This franchise is a harsh reminder why action shows are near-extinct.
That is one of the big problems cartoon network has right now. Cartoon network has forgotten where their true success lies on being a channel for all types of animation. Merchandising should be secondary especially in this tough economy.

Cartoon Network have always made Toys, i say this because i have a lot of toys of Dexter's Laboratory, Powepuff Girls, KND and Samurai Jack. Cartoon Network always have depend in merchandising, what you are talking about is major bullshit and only show how little you know about CN history, marketing and tv methods...

I really dont understand why you two have so many anger, hate and frustrations inside you two, but please, go other side to release it. Because hating and hating anything new makes you see like some kind of TV racist and xenophobic, hating everything new and different, without even knowing what the heck are you talking about.

Calm down, i know you loved AF but if you two knew anything about Ben 10, you would know, Alien Force didnt follow anything that Ben 10 did and was a soft reboot, Ultimate Alien didnt had the same tone that Alien Force and Omniverse was another soft reboot.

So at the end, the OS, AF and UA arent one straight forward saga, but three different tv series, with different crew, different direction, different messages, different tones, different characters and different genres. You cant try to pretend AF honors the memory and legacy of what the OS did, because it doesnt, AF erase half of the OS story and pretend the other half happen in a different way...

So at the end, please stop it alredy, AF was good, but UA was shitty, it lost his most important thing, his target, with both the TV series and the Merchandising and at the end CN had to create Omniverse to try to do the same they did with AF but this time, they kill the show...

Now we have a reboot, it wont be great, but it could be fun, i find really stupid the people who hate thing before even knowing what the heck they are hating so stop it now...
Woah dude what's with the language? Although most of us are older this is still a kid friendly theres no need for foul language


_________________


319 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 24th June 2016, 3:16 am

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
AleSir19 wrote:
ultraalien wrote:
The Voice wrote:This is from Tumblr. If you though TTG and PPG ‘16 were bad, Ben 10 will actually KILL Cartoon Network. Calling it right now. How many shows did CN throw out just because their toy sales weren’t on level with Ben 10?

Even @rebeltaxi​ mentioned they most likely remade this and the PPG for toys. This franchise is a harsh reminder why action shows are near-extinct.
That is one of the big problems cartoon network has right now. Cartoon network has forgotten where their true success lies on being a channel for all types of animation. Merchandising should be secondary especially in this tough economy.

Cartoon Network have always made Toys, i say this because i have a lot of toys of Dexter's Laboratory, Powepuff Girls, KND and Samurai Jack. Cartoon Network always have depend in merchandising, what you are talking about is major bullshit and only show how little you know about CN history, marketing and tv methods...

I really dont understand why you two have so many anger, hate and frustrations inside you two, but please, go other side to release it. Because hating and hating anything new makes you see like some kind of TV racist and xenophobic, hating everything new and different, without even knowing what the heck are you talking about.

Calm down, i know you loved AF but if you two knew anything about Ben 10, you would know, Alien Force didnt follow anything that Ben 10 did and was a soft reboot, Ultimate Alien didnt had the same tone that Alien Force and Omniverse was another soft reboot.

So at the end, the OS, AF and UA arent one straight forward saga, but three different tv series, with different crew, different direction, different messages, different tones, different characters and different genres. You cant try to pretend AF honors the memory and legacy of what the OS did, because it doesnt, AF erase half of the OS story and pretend the other half happen in a different way...

So at the end, please stop it alredy, AF was good, but UA was shitty, it lost his most important thing, his target, with both the TV series and the Merchandising and at the end CN had to create Omniverse to try to do the same they did with AF but this time, they kill the show...

Now we have a reboot, it wont be great, but it could be fun, i find really stupid the people who hate thing before even knowing what the heck they are hating so stop it now...

I'd lovve for you to try and make thargument with RebelTaxi or SilverLady7, you'd explode.

320 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th June 2016, 4:04 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The problem here is that a lot of you people, belive over and over again CN go to hell after Adventure Time and A Regular Show. But reality is that they are only two good shows in a long line of other good shows.

You will never like anything CN make from now on, is clear, you only want to hate everything new, for the sake of hating and is sad, but i believe there is people out there like dat, you are the prove of that.

We cant do anything to change how you people think, because at the end, event when your argument dont make any sense, because the OS had one of the best Toy Lines i can remember and because Merchandising has been always a way to earn money if not the most clear one for this tv shows. You people wont change your way to be and will destroy the things you try to preserve so much...

At the end, if you dont want to understand what are the words, genre, tone and even story then ok, do it, again i will say it, i dont understand why a fun, light hearted show, with comedy and action have to be bad? and why a gritty, adult, mature, dark and even boring full of adventure, comedy and action show have to be good?

Why Ben 10 has to be gritty, adult, mature, dark, full of adventure, comedy and action to be good?

321 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 25th June 2016, 5:04 pm

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister
AleSir19 wrote:The problem here is that a lot of you people, belive over and over again CN go to hell after Adventure Time and A Regular Show. But reality is that they are only two good shows in a long line of other good shows.

You will never like anything CN make from now on, is clear, you only want to hate everything new, for the sake of hating and is sad, but i believe there is people out there like dat, you are the prove of that.

We cant do anything to change how you people think, because at the end, event when your argument dont make any sense, because the OS had one of the best Toy Lines i can remember and because Merchandising has been always a way to earn money if not the most clear one for this tv shows. You people wont change your way to be and will destroy the things you try to preserve so much...

At the end, if you dont want to understand what are the words, genre, tone and even story then ok, do it, again i will say it, i dont understand why a fun, light hearted show, with comedy and action have to be bad? and why a gritty, adult, mature, dark and even boring full of adventure, comedy and action show have to be good?

Why Ben 10 has to be gritty, adult, mature, dark, full of adventure, comedy and action to be good?
That's basically this generation, adults watch cartoons and make sure barely kids don't go anywhere near their shows. They're judging because this is stuff they technically did used to watch, its just they grew up and don't wanna admit they're too old for cartoons. Because that is the truth. I mean cartoons are for everyone but it really got established and pushed for now adays. That's why they will never respect the new shows is because of that, and now because of a horrible Reboot, people are treating Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10 that way, when Powerpuff Girls at least stays true to the original.

BUT anyway, AleSir and The Voice chill out with your little arguments, cause this is going too far.
Because the more I see you two talk about this Reboot, The Voice has already admitted he hasn't even liked Ben 10 since 2012, which I can understand but at the same time, you giving crap about the Reboot is not helping bring new comers here. Then after he says his thing, AleSir makes a rant what at times he is right, but he can also be wrong. But when he does, its basically completely going off about this stuff over and over, which like I said he can be right, but be wrong.
Point is, STOP CALLING EACH OTHER OUT, It's starting to slowly get out of hand now, Alright?
Just keep calm, stay cool, and wait for the Reboot.
So far it might be going in the Powerpuff Girl direction, or maybe it has its own better and good direction, cause what it sounds like, its not going to be like Teen Titans Go, even though people are saying it is, when it isn't.

322 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 26th June 2016, 3:33 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix wrote:
AleSir19 wrote:The problem here is that a lot of you people, belive over and over again CN go to hell after Adventure Time and A Regular Show. But reality is that they are only two good shows in a long line of other good shows.

You will never like anything CN make from now on, is clear, you only want to hate everything new, for the sake of hating and is sad, but i believe there is people out there like dat, you are the prove of that.

We cant do anything to change how you people think, because at the end, event when your argument dont make any sense, because the OS had one of the best Toy Lines i can remember and because Merchandising has been always a way to earn money if not the most clear one for this tv shows. You people wont change your way to be and will destroy the things you try to preserve so much...

At the end, if you dont want to understand what are the words, genre, tone and even story then ok, do it, again i will say it, i dont understand why a fun, light hearted show, with comedy and action have to be bad? and why a gritty, adult, mature, dark and even boring full of adventure, comedy and action show have to be good?

Why Ben 10 has to be gritty, adult, mature, dark, full of adventure, comedy and action to be good?
That's basically this generation, adults watch cartoons and make sure barely kids don't go anywhere near their shows. They're judging because this is stuff they technically did used to watch, its just they grew up and don't wanna admit they're too old for cartoons. Because that is the truth. I mean cartoons are for everyone but it really got established and pushed for now adays. That's why they will never respect the new shows is because of that, and now because of a horrible Reboot, people are treating Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10 that way, when Powerpuff Girls at least stays true to the original.

BUT anyway, AleSir and The Voice chill out with your little arguments, cause this is going too far.
Because the more I see you two talk about this Reboot, The Voice has already admitted he hasn't even liked Ben 10 since 2012, which I can understand but at the same time, you giving crap about the Reboot is not helping bring new comers here. Then after he says his thing, AleSir makes a rant what at times he is right, but he can also be wrong. But when he does, its basically completely going off about this stuff over and over, which like I said he can be right, but be wrong.
Point is, STOP CALLING EACH OTHER OUT, It's starting to slowly get out of hand now, Alright?
Just keep calm, stay cool, and wait for the Reboot.
So far it might be going in the Powerpuff Girl direction, or maybe it has its own better and good direction, cause what it sounds like, its not going to be like Teen Titans Go, even though people are saying it is, when it isn't.

The problem here is that people dont seen to understand what the heck are production companies...

Maybe Cartoon Network and DC Entertainment / Warner Bros. Animation are own by the same people, Warner. But at the end, Teen Titans Go! was created by DC, not by CN. Cartoon Network only have the rights to broadcast the series.

So i wont never understand why you say CN shitty series are the fault of Teen Titans Go! when they dont had any word of mounth in what was going to be that shitty series.

CN has always made silly series and with this i dont mean they are for kids, because Disney movies arent for kids, for something we have grammar, to search the words that fit the case in the best way.

Animated series and movies arent for kids, there is Commercial Animation (the kind of Disney and Dreamworks), who is really harmless, simple but at the end entertaining.

and there is independent animation, a more kind of artist driven animation, where the writer wants to tell a story by his own control, this doesnt mean there isnt a lot of harmless and simple independent animation, but the artist tend to create more unique stories.

So at the end, all the animation can be silly, but needs to understand balance. Ben 10 was the first full action/adventure CN made, Alien Force and Ultimate Alien were some of the most dark stuff they produce at the time. But at the end, there will be always be series like "Avatar" who are silly but mature and like "Rocko's Modern Life" full of innuendos in a tv show for "kids".

For me, Cartoon Network has tend to doing harmles and funny tv shows, really commercial and entertaining, with some cases. of artist driven tv show like "Courage the Cowardly Dog" and "Flapjack" but they always end up making this kind of show (today) into shitty comercial stuff, like they did with Adventure Time...

323 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 28th June 2016, 4:36 am

Ebomnitrix

avatar
Magister
Magister

324 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 28th June 2016, 10:57 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Ebomnitrix wrote:We're getting 40 episodes, 11 minutes long.
http://kidscreen.com/2016/06/27/relaunched-ben-10-goes-global-this-fall/

I want to believe it can be done, if The Powerpuff Girls did it, Ben 10 can do it.

I will examine a Ben 10 Omniverse episode i love "Return to Forever" to show how the writing work in a regular 22 minutes episode of Ben 10:

6 minutes, First Arc,begin with an fight scene of Ben fighting a Bad guys, follow by 3 minutes of Jimmy Jones taking in his own hands the mistery of the Forever Knights and pure talking. It ends with Jimmy finding face to face with Sir Morton.

4 minutes, Second Act, begin with another action scene, Jimmy tries to escape from Sir Morton while Ben and Rook see the chase scene and join to try stop him. This ends up in a Fight scene, where they save Jimmy from the Forever Knights.

6 minutes, Third Act, it is reveal the master plan of the bad guy and who is behind everything, ending with another fight scene where Rook and Ben fight Sir Morton and the Forever Knights who begin to scan the alien DNA from Ben and they end up defeating Ben.

6 minutes, Fourth Arct, Ben is trap in the lair of the Forever Knights along Rook, but while Chadwick is entertained, Jimmy helps them escape, this ends up in a Fight scene, between Rook, Ben and the Forever Knights. Ben and Rook end up winning the fight with the help of Jimmy and neutralize the weapon they plan to use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So at the end, one of the strongest elements in Omniverse was how much they use Mistery and Comedy, having almost 5 fight scene in all the episode and spending almost all the time in building tension to the big conflict.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now a Powerpuff Girls Episode, "A Just Another Manic Mojo":

2:50 minutes, First Arc, we are present to the problem right away, Mojo Jojo life is really shitty, full of problems and he is really unhappy, while all around him are happy and that makes him more angry and unhappy (he wokes up early thanks to the happy people, he doesnt like the sun light, he doesnt have any desires to clean himself, he even doesnt have enough food to make a decent breackfast and has to go to the store).

2:50 minutes, Second Arc, the people around Mojo is really irritating, he goes to the market and finds the eggs and makes his breackfast, he is finally please and happy, but he reads the newspaper and see the Powerpuff Girls save the day and he is really angry at hers, but then a baseball ball breacks his window and he sees the Powerpuff Girls are coming for it.

2:50 minutes, Third Arc, Mojo Jojo tricks the girls into his base and when they are inside he left them waiting, while he searchs the perfect weapon to kill them. But they are too irritating to be left alone and humiliates him.

2:50 minutes, Fourth Arc, Mojo Jojo finally cant let the girls alone because they always move when he is about to kill them, so at the end, the Girls decide to search by himself their ball and destroy the Mojo Jojos base. But then again irritated by the girls Mojo is hit by his own gun and he doesnt find another best way to get ride of them that letting them leave with their ball. At the next day pleased he sees in the newspaper he save the day and gets angrier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So a regular Powerpuff Girls episode is less formulatic and more straightforward, it is base more around the characters, comedy and action, than in mistery, plot and adventure.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How i believe a Ben 10, 11 minutes episode could be?

In 2 minutes they have to present the problem right away, this mean only a 1 minute to be with Ben, Grandpa Max and Gwen to present the situation, while 1 minute to present the bad guy from right away.

It also depends in what they want to do with the segment, because if Powerpuff Girls or any CN segment show teach is you can make a great show changing the regular formula. So at the end, i believe it would be great to see more episodes around a mistery, around a character or a situation.

Example: Have a segment around a comic situation or a mistery around Ben, Gwen and Grandpa Max, while having another segment to be around the action, more straightforward conflict episode.

Because i believe a 40 episode, 11 minutes long segment (i believe you mean 20 episodes and 40 segments, because they always show 22 minutes episodes in two segments of 11 minutes) can become really boring if you try to make the same over and over again...

Because remember, this isnt like Omniverse, you doesnt have 10-15 minutes to add tension to the conflict to present a ton of information, you only had like 5 minutes at less of full information, this means, the plot isnt the spotlight of Ben 10 anymore, it has to be the characters, what they feel and the actions they go through.





325 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 28th June 2016, 4:09 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
I have to see how they do it first before i judge


_________________


Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum