Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ben 10 Reboot

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 22 of 24]

526 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 28th September 2016, 3:20 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Well, for me it works, again is a thing of taste, that is why Ben 10 is doomed, because Dwayne McDuffie fans will always say everything without McDuffie is shit. That is one of Ben 10 problems, a lot of hate without reasons. Like if you are going to hate you need to explain why?

Because this show doesnt have change almost anything from the original, only it feels more silly at times and cringe worthy at others. But the concept it is the same.

The problem here, is that AF/UA fans want the Sequel with McDuffie in it, sadly they destroy that sequel call "Omniverse" and now we are getting this, so i dont get the hate, is like common sense doesnt matter in the internet. The only thing that matter here is hating for the sake of hating.

If you want to say your opinion, at less give a coherent opinion, not an example, because this a two different cases, Konami making Metal Gear without the creator isnt the same we got here. Because that is what AF-UA-Omniverse were, CN making Ben 10 without the creators or the original writers, and that shows were pretty amazing.

This are the creators, remaking the same show they did before, with all the elements we saw before, only that more based in the Action and the Comedy. So again, if you are going to hate, at less say some coherent reasons.

Like for example: "I dont like seeing Max making sausages", or maybe "I dont like this thing or the another".

527 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 28th September 2016, 6:14 pm

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
My argument still stands, I don't expect us to have very much common ground. Omniverse was garbage I've read Ben 10 fanfics written better than that. This is just about McDuffie, this is about all the people that made Ben 10 possible from OS to UA, NOT Man Of Action though I do give them credit for the proposed would be Ben 10. This reboot is a very lackluster attempt to capitalize on the younger kids, like you said but beyond that it's a poor imitation of what once was.

528 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 28th September 2016, 6:22 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Anyone know whats going on with the Ben10club website? I cant get on


_________________


529 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 29th September 2016, 1:52 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The Voice wrote:My argument still stands, I don't expect us to have very much common ground. Omniverse was garbage I've read Ben 10 fanfics written better than that. This is just about McDuffie, this is about all the people that made Ben 10 possible from OS to UA, NOT Man Of Action though I do give them credit for the proposed would be Ben 10. This reboot is a very lackluster attempt to capitalize on the younger kids, like you said but beyond that it's a poor imitation of what once was.

Well, in that you are right, CN is taking the concept Man of Action created and presenting it to young kids that is all, there is nothing wrong with it, because they didnt knew what more to do. Understand it men, this is a bussines, like Omniverse failed and that is the sequel, they cant green light another sequel expecting the cost of production to be refunded, because that isnt real or coherent at all.

This is like Marvel Comics or even like DC, Ben 10 Franchise from Ben 10 to Omniverse has a pretty complex story and dozens of characters, planets and aliens. So clearly it was a difficult franchise, with little options to take, if the fans rejected the Sequel, Toys arent sell, then how you try to present this Franchise to a new young audience after 200 episodes?

Because at the end, Ben 10 is a big name in CN, it was their first full Action/Adventure show, the first, and it is a cool property, i doubt they wanted to get rid of Ben 10. So they did the pretty cheap and more coherent option, remake Ben 10. This doesnt feel like a reboot, this feel like a remake of the original material, i know you want something like AF or UA, but not one like that, understand it men, if they did something like AF or UA again i am pretty clear it would be clearly good, because that is always interesting, but not one would watch that show, only you, me and Omnitrix guy.

That is why they remake Ben 10, to try to find a new audience for Ben 10, because there isnt one anymore, the fandom grow, go away and the little one left also go away, i dont feel this like something made for the money, i feel this like they cant make money or pay the cost of production of a show they know will fail, and clearly another Sequel would have been awesome, but would have fail in audience.

530 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 29th September 2016, 2:02 am

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
AleSir19 wrote:
The Voice wrote:My argument still stands, I don't expect us to have very much common ground. Omniverse was garbage I've read Ben 10 fanfics written better than that. This is just about McDuffie, this is about all the people that made Ben 10 possible from OS to UA, NOT Man Of Action though I do give them credit for the proposed would be Ben 10. This reboot is a very lackluster attempt to capitalize on the younger kids, like you said but beyond that it's a poor imitation of what once was.

Well, in that you are right, CN is taking the concept Man of Action created and presenting it to young kids that is all, there is nothing wrong with it, because they didnt knew what more to do. Understand it men, this is a bussines, like Omniverse failed and that is the sequel, they cant green light another sequel expecting the cost of production to be refunded, because that isnt real or coherent at all.

This is like Marvel Comics or even like DC, Ben 10 Franchise from Ben 10 to Omniverse has a pretty complex story and dozens of characters, planets and aliens. So clearly it was a difficult franchise, with little options to take, if the fans rejected the Sequel, Toys arent sell, then how you try to present this Franchise to a new young audience after 200 episodes?

Because at the end, Ben 10 is a big name in CN, it was their first full Action/Adventure show, the first, and it is a cool property, i doubt they wanted to get rid of Ben 10. So they did the pretty cheap and more coherent option, remake Ben 10. This doesnt feel like a reboot, this feel like a remake of the original material, i know you want something like AF or UA, but not one like that, understand it men, if they did something like AF or UA again i am pretty clear it would be clearly good, because that is always interesting, but not one would watch that show, only you, me and Omnitrix guy.

That is why they remake Ben 10, to try to find a new audience for Ben 10, because there isnt one anymore, the fandom grow, go away and the little one left also go away, i dont feel this like something made for the money, i feel this like they cant make money or pay the cost of production of a show they know will fail, and clearly another Sequel would have been awesome, but would have fail in audience.

Well, not CN's first Action/Adventure Show, we had Justice League, Justice League: Unlimited, Static Shock, Batman: The Animated Series, the real Teen Titans, Superman: The Animated Series. But I get what you are trying to say in regards to Ben 10.

531 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 29th September 2016, 12:08 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
2 days guys! Get hype!


_________________


532 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 30th September 2016, 1:51 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Well whether you guys like it or not this reboot is happening and its happening tomorrow. WOOP WOOP im hyped i don't care if anyone else isn't im ready to see new episodes with my favorite superhero again.


_________________


533 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 30th September 2016, 1:51 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Well whether you guys like it or not this reboot is happening and its happening tomorrow. WOOP WOOP im hyped i don't care if anyone else isn't im ready to see new episodes with my favorite superhero again.


_________________


534 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 30th September 2016, 5:43 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The Omni Triforcer wrote:Well whether you guys like it or not this reboot is happening and its happening tomorrow. WOOP WOOP im hyped i don't care if anyone else isn't im ready to see new episodes with my favorite superhero again.

I am really happy to get a Ben 10 show again, i am not hyped, because this isnt Omniverse, this isnt Alien Force or Ultimate Alien, for what i have seen, this show wont bring any huge surprises, but it will be really
entertaining to have at less something with Ben, Gwen, Max in it. If the main story is good, that could be the biggest surprise of this show, his main story.

But i am not hyped at all, because this isnt Omniverse, when all this leaks of Omniverse happen, i was crazy, out of my mind, really hyped, because the design was new, they finally get ride of the garbage of before, they were presenting new characters, evolving the story and the situations one step forward, Khyber, the Nemetrix, Malware, all this was crazy exciting.

In Alien Force was the same, it was really mysterious, because all the aliens were new, all the characters, the design and the main story was new. I remember searching in the PC of my mom at her work, searching all about this new awesome aliens and when Ultimate Alien i was dissapointed, but again there were new things out there you know?

I cant feel hyped right know, because i alredy watch all this, i have seen the Original Episodes like 3 or 4 times each, and if they are remaking the same concept, the only thing that could make me get hyped, would be if they get ride of Vilgax and present a new Main villain, i know is sad i say that, because Vilgax is Vilgax, but i feel they need to put something new in there, something that surprise the hell out of the old people, but they dont have to, because this series is made for newcomers.

Also along Ben 10 "reboot", i am really excited to see the new season of The Flash and today Luke Cage premieres all his 13 episodes in Netflix, so a great month of TV.

535 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 30th September 2016, 7:50 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
AleSir19 wrote:
The Omni Triforcer wrote:Well whether you guys like it or not this reboot is happening and its happening tomorrow. WOOP WOOP im hyped i don't care if anyone else isn't im ready to see new episodes with my favorite superhero again.

I am really happy to get a Ben 10 show again, i am not hyped, because this isnt Omniverse, this isnt Alien Force or Ultimate Alien, for what i have seen, this show wont bring any huge surprises, but it will be really
entertaining to have at less something with Ben, Gwen, Max in it. If the main story is good, that could be the biggest surprise of this show, his main story.

But i am not hyped at all, because this isnt Omniverse, when all this leaks of Omniverse happen, i was crazy, out of my mind, really hyped, because the design was new, they finally get ride of the garbage of before, they were presenting new characters, evolving the story and the situations one step forward, Khyber, the Nemetrix, Malware, all this was crazy exciting.

In Alien Force was the same, it was really mysterious, because all the aliens were new, all the characters, the design and the main story was new. I remember searching in the PC of my mom at her work, searching all about this new awesome aliens and when Ultimate Alien i was dissapointed, but again there were new things out there you know?

I cant feel hyped right know, because i alredy watch all this, i have seen the Original Episodes like 3 or 4 times each, and if they are remaking the same concept, the only thing that could make me get hyped, would be if they get ride of Vilgax and present a new Main villain, i know is sad i say that, because Vilgax is Vilgax, but i feel they need to put something new in there, something that surprise the hell out of the old people, but they dont have to, because this series is made for newcomers.

Also along Ben 10 "reboot", i am really excited to see the new season of The Flash and today Luke Cage premieres all his 13 episodes in Netflix, so a great month of TV.
Don't forget Arrow Legends of tommorow and supergirl. Those are all good shows to.
I feel the same as you but just the fact that ben 10 is coming back is making me hyped.


_________________


536 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 30th September 2016, 10:59 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I know i am going out of the theme, but i really dont like Arrow, i watch the entire first season the rest i feel doesnt work, the second is pretty good for the action, but i feel season 3 and 4 are really bad seasons. They dont have any kind of idea of were to take the story, they have repeated the same main plot from Season 1, 3 times alredy, a bad guy who wants to destroy Starling City for it to be reborn in a better place:

-Merlyn wanted to make that in season 1, Deathstrocke for some reason wanted to make that in season 2 but only the destroy part, Ra's Al Ghul wanted to make the same he did in Batman Begins and Damian Darhk wanted to made the same but with the entire world.

My problem with Legends of Tomorrow is that i really, dont like the low budget feeling and how incoherent and cheesy it is, it is really hard to make a coherent TV series around Sci-Fi elements and LoT fails for me.

Supergirl, i really doesnt know, first season was the classic cheesy CW thing.

The thing who makes The Flash be better, is that even when the story is forced and incoherent or when they really never have a clear idea of where they are going or what the big arc of character is, they still deliver a fun piece of regular tv, with all the Soap Opera, cheesy CGI and Cheesy tv Elements your body wants and need to see.

537 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 30th September 2016, 11:20 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
the 1st episode premiered an hour ago in australia hopefully someone posts it.


_________________


538 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 1st October 2016, 7:11 am

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
it was really boring

i was hoping for a trainwreck

i'm disappointed


_________________
http://shrek.com

539 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 1st October 2016, 12:36 pm

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Uncle Grandpa wrote:it was really boring

i was hoping for a trainwreck

i'm disappointed

What the Ben 10 reboot?

540 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 1st October 2016, 2:36 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
So far I'm liking what I'm seeing. It Was enjoyable the comedy scenes were funny there was action (not as much as I would like but enough) and overall it was better then I was expecting can wait to see more.
Just the fact that this isnt like TTG is great.


_________________


541 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 1st October 2016, 6:43 pm

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The Omni Triforcer wrote:So far I'm liking what I'm seeing. It Was enjoyable the comedy scenes were funny there was action (not as much as I would like but enough) and overall it was better then I was expecting can wait to see more.
Just the fact that this isnt like TTG is great.

Where did you saw it? because i am searching all over internet and i cant found the episode.

But for what i have read "The Filth" is like a remake of "Ben 4 Good Buddy" with a twist, with some gang of villains stealing the Rust Bucket and Ben tries to stop them. Only that now, this villains are radioactive monsters and they try to make a huge monster with the garbage of Ben.

I like how they are not trying to make a linear story, but instead presenting Ben right into the action.

542 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 1st October 2016, 9:13 pm

The Voice

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
AleSir19 wrote:
The Omni Triforcer wrote:So far I'm liking what I'm seeing. It Was enjoyable the comedy scenes were funny there was action (not as much as I would like but enough) and overall it was better then I was expecting can wait to see more.
Just the fact that this isnt like TTG is great.

Where did you saw it? because i am searching all over internet and i cant found the episode.

But for what i have read "The Filth" is like a remake of "Ben 4 Good Buddy" with a twist, with some gang of villains stealing the Rust Bucket and Ben tries to stop them. Only that now, this villains are radioactive monsters and they try to make a huge monster with the garbage of Ben.

I like how they are not trying to make a linear story, but instead presenting Ben right into the action.

Really? They basically remake that episode and have the balls to replace the Road Crew?! I don't know why I am so surprised, well okay I am not at this point.

543 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 2nd October 2016, 12:40 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The Voice wrote:
Really? They basically remake that episode and have the balls to replace the Road Crew?! I don't know why I am so surprised, well okay I am not at this point.

But well, they are remaking Ben 10, i alredy say it:

"The Filth" is a remake of "Ben 4 Good Buddy" only that they replace "The Road Crew" (i really dont care they were a "one and go" menace) with a new Gang and they also have a different plan.

"The Ring Leader" is a remake of "Ready to Rumble" because Ben signs up for a wrestling tournament.

"Freaky Gwen Ben" is a remake of "Lucky Girl" and "A Change of Face", because in the first one Hex is after a magic book and in the second Charmcaster returns and change from their bodies Gwen and Ben.

"Waterfilter" is a remake of "The Krakken", they change the beast, now Ben fights againts some kind of "Hydra" you cut one head and two more take his place.

"Clown College" is a remake of "Last Laugh" were they present Zombozo and his Gang, this evil kind of Zombie Clowns who eat the laught of the people.

I dont know why but "Ben 24hrs" feels like a remake of "Super Alien Hero Buddy Adventures", because both episodes are about Theme Parks if i dont remember wrong, only that in the second one we met Kangaroo Kommando.

"Animo Farm" will be clearly a mix of things and monsters we alredy have seen.

544 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 2nd October 2016, 9:25 am

AleSir19

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
So now i will talk about that Reboot Episode. I really like what i see.

It isn't the old stuff we got before, clearly the development of character is a little bit messy and we always saw this amazing plots in each episode of the old Ben 10, here all this is there but less and more messy.

But i think this Reboot found the way to present in 11 minutes a Ben 10 show and i find that pretty amazing. This show has his own format, it is action driven but it has a lot of talking, something Ben 10 always has and needs to have in some way.

This show also is really funny, it doesnt look as if was trying desperately to get childrens of today with some kind of stupid trend, like the Teasers show, with that Iphone driven episode and that Episode with the stupid Sunglasses of 2010. This two episode, are pretty good, because they show Ben relationship in an organic way, they dont try to copy and paste what is cool today, they show something universal.

I love the animation, i never thought i would say this, but i love Ben animation, he is so well done, i love how he move, the expressions, they really understand the character. I also love how they get ride of that hate between Gwen and Ben, giving them a more neutral relationship, with clear moments of tension.

What i saw, were two pretty good episodes, "Freaky Gwen Ben" is a pretty funny episode with great action who remade in a great way for an 11 minute episode two great episodes, the weak point clearly is Hex, they really cant make a lot with him or the villains in 11 minutes, so they get how angry and how ritualistic he is, but the rest doesnt work.

"The Filth" is also pretty good, is the regular Ben 10 episode with an "one and go" menace who serve a purpose in a good way.

What i love over all the things, is how Man of Action get right everything they needed to get right, this show cant be story driven, they dont have time, so they didnt do it, this make more space for comedy and action, who helps to build development of character, only this make great this series.

But they also get right the structure of the format, which "The Powerpuff Girls" did understand pretty well.

"Freaky Gwen Ben" really doesnt have a strong theme behind it, only how Ben and Gwen need to stop fighting and understand each other in a better way, work in team, why Ben is silly and why Gwen is so serious. So is great how they use "Hex" like a plot device for this end, to show how they have to work in team to win.

"The Filth" follow to perfection, what "The Powerpuff Girls" did with their "one and go" villains, the strong theme is how Ben needs to be responsible and clean up everything, so they created a "big ass" garbage monster which Ben needs to defeat, pretty good, at the end Ben takes care of cleaning by itself.

This is great stuff, i seriously say it, yes this is different, because isnt Story driven, Hex doesnt have a huge plan and we doesnt have 3 fight scenes and a lot of development, but what we could get is pretty great.

Until now the weak point is clearly the villains and the narrative, is natural, they dont have a "Mojo Jojo" or a "Princess Morbucks" but i expect they begin to reuse some of their new and classic villains along the 49 episodes, and then some kind of narrative and development will be created for the villains, some kind of Arc?

Because i find really interesting Ben alredy knew Hex what this means is that he alredy fight againts him.

545 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 3rd October 2016, 8:44 pm

Superfanbg


Human
Human
I liked the chapters are not bad  Very Happy . The interaction between Ben and Gwen is very good, but I think the villains need more time on stage for a perfect development. Very Happy

546 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 20th October 2016, 10:13 pm

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
Found a bit of information about the reboot. http://www.skwigly.co.uk/tramm-wigzell/

547 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 22nd October 2016, 1:10 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Putting the Mcduffie card aside for a moment.

The original series had more plot, better animation, and characterization. This new shows just aping the orginal series with none of that made it great beside bens voice actor.

Heres to hoping series 6 gets us back on track when ever it happens.

548 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 16th December 2016, 3:55 pm

The Omni Triforcer

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Its really scary that a new ben 10 show is going on yet these forums are dead. It just goes to show how much of a failure this show actually might be if even the fans hate it.


_________________


549 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 16th December 2016, 7:53 pm

Superfanbg


Human
Human
The Omni Triforcer wrote:Its really scary that a new ben 10 show is going on yet these forums are dead. It just goes to show how much of a failure this show actually might be if even the fans hate it.
The show is good and entertaining and I prefer it more than the previous AFUAOV, which are really semiromantic garbage (Gwevin or Benlie), with almost no action and bad comedy.
I think the new Ben 10 is good (although it has a somewhat childlike animation), with chapters entertaining and with an excellent dynamic between Ben and Gwen, as it should have been from the beginning.

550 Re: The Ben 10 Reboot on 16th December 2016, 8:31 pm

Tactical Ochoa


Plumber
Plumber
If the Ben 10 reboot really is good, then why are Ben 10 forums so dead of activity right now? Why is the majority and overall reception towards the show by fans, viewers, and critics so negative? Why is IMDB's rating for the show currently at 2.1/10? Just to put that into perspective, Uwe Boll's "House of the Dead" has a 2/10 on IMDB. Why is there so much negativity and criticism towards the Ben 10 reboot?

If Ben and Gwen's relationship dynamic is excellent in the Ben 10 reboot, then why are so many people criticizing it and criticizing the way that Ben and Gwen were treated and implemented as in the reboot?

No, from an objective standpoint, the Ben 10 reboot is not good at all. At best, it's average. At worst, it's a terrible show. To me, it's mediocre with the biggest and most glaring problems being that the writing, storytelling, and the direction at which the characters and villains are portrayed and implemented as being terrible. I even consider it worse than Ultimate Alien and Omniverse. As for Ben and Gwen, they were much better written and implemented in the Original Series than in the reboot and they even have a much better relationship dynamic in the Original Series as well. If you enjoy it, that's fine. If you enjoy it, go ahead and keep watching. It's just definitely not a good show and the reception that the Ben 10 reboot is getting clearly shows that. There are so many flaws with the Ben 10 reboot that does reduce the quality of it greatly.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum