Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite characters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Favorite characters on 13th May 2012, 11:41 am

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
RagaRBM wrote:Paradox is probably the most liked character of the franchise?


-RBM cherry Very Happy
I think so. Smile

27 Re: Favorite characters on 13th May 2012, 12:37 pm

BigChillfan10

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Sebastian13 wrote:
RagaRBM wrote:Paradox is probably the most liked character of the franchise?


-RBM cherry Very Happy
I think so. Smile

Your forgetting about Ben!!!!!


_________________
Wazzup?

28 Re: Favorite characters on 13th May 2012, 1:35 pm

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
BigChillfan10 wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:
RagaRBM wrote:Paradox is probably the most liked character of the franchise?


-RBM cherry Very Happy
I think so. Smile

Your forgetting about Ben!!!!!
There are many people who hate Ben...
Paradox is the most liked NOT the most popular.

29 Re: Favorite characters on 13th May 2012, 5:27 pm

Zero Degrees

avatar
Magister
Magister
Sebastian13 wrote:
There are many people who hate Ben...
Paradox is the most liked NOT the most popular.
I think Kevin's a close second.

30 Re: Favorite characters on 15th May 2012, 7:36 pm

Avian

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Zero Degrees wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:
There are many people who hate Ben...
Paradox is the most liked NOT the most popular.
I think Kevin's a close second.
Agreed.


_________________
BROHOOF!
http://www.youtube.com/user/avionpiscean33?feature=mhee

31 Re: Favorite characters on 15th May 2012, 7:47 pm

BigChillfan10

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Ahava wrote:
Zero Degrees wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:
There are many people who hate Ben...
Paradox is the most liked NOT the most popular.
I think Kevin's a close second.
Agreed.
He probably lost a lot of fans after this, though:


_________________
Wazzup?

32 Re: Favorite characters on 16th May 2012, 3:50 am

Zero Degrees

avatar
Magister
Magister
BigChillfan10 wrote:
He probably lost a lot of fans after this, though:
True. I'm still a fan of him though. It doesn't matter what he's like now, he still used to be that awesome guy.

33 Re: Favorite characters on 14th August 2012, 3:59 pm

FutureFighter


Human
Human
- OS Ben and AF Ben in the Highbreed arc (and probably OV teen Ben, too)
- OS Gwen
- OS Kevin and AF Kevin (NOT UA Kevin, srsly, he should've lost alot of fans then, not now!)
- Grandpa Max (All shows)
- Rook
- Paradox
- OS Vilgax
- Charmcaster (All shows, in spite of UA's constant screwing her over.)
- Albedo
- Azmuth

Sebastian13 wrote:There are many people who hate Ben...

Which is exactly why Gwen and Kevin are being ditched in OV, apparently, so that Ben can have the limelight again and be able to be an actual likeable main character. I, for one, fully support this move (that I never much liked teen Gwen, her romance with Kevin, or Kevin himself in UA, helps. Razz )

Zero Degrees wrote:I think Kevin's a close second.

No, you'd be surprised how much hate Kevin gets from some circles of fans.

And if you're talking UA, count me among the haters. Twisted Evil

It doesn't matter what he's like now, he still used to be that awesome guy.

Yep, he used to be an awesome guy....back in AF. (Yes, I know I'm being redundant in this post. Laughing )

34 Re: Favorite characters on 14th August 2012, 4:22 pm

Zero Degrees

avatar
Magister
Magister
FutureFighter wrote:- OS Ben and AF Ben in the Highbreed arc (and probably OV teen Ben, too)
- OS Gwen
- OS Kevin and AF Kevin (NOT UA Kevin, srsly, he should've lost alot of fans then, not now!)
- Grandpa Max (All shows)
- Rook
- Paradox
- OS Vilgax
- Charmcaster (All shows, in spite of UA's constant screwing her over.)
- Albedo
- Azmuth

Sebastian13 wrote:There are many people who hate Ben...

Which is exactly why Gwen and Kevin are being ditched in OV, apparently, so that Ben can have the limelight again and be able to be an actual likeable main character. I, for one, fully support this move (that I never much liked teen Gwen, her romance with Kevin, or Kevin himself in UA, helps. Razz )

Zero Degrees wrote:I think Kevin's a close second.

No, you'd be surprised how much hate Kevin gets from some circles of fans.

And if you're talking UA, count me among the haters. Twisted Evil

It doesn't matter what he's like now, he still used to be that awesome guy.

Yep, he used to be an awesome guy....back in AF. (Yes, I know I'm being redundant in this post. Laughing )
Hmm...Somehow, I never noticed the difference between AF Kevin and UA Kevin. I get that his plot was different but the character seemed consistent to me.

35 Re: Favorite characters on 14th August 2012, 4:33 pm

FutureFighter


Human
Human
Zero Degrees wrote:Hmm...Somehow, I never noticed the difference between AF Kevin and UA Kevin. I get that his plot was different but the character seemed consistent to me.

Well, my opinion on the botching of his plot in UA's first season aside, in the entirety of the second season, he really stopped being cool and became annoying. And I mean...really annoying. His jokes weren't funny anymore, he was a bad boyfriend to Gwen on several occasions, he lost all sense of strategic thinking and just clobbered things like the Thing, he was an ungodly hypocrite when it came to matters like Charmcaster, and worst of all? He tended to get away with all of this. While Ben couldn't get away with nuthin', Kevin got off scot-free for his asshattery. He really came off as a character kept around only due to writer favoritism and/or to keep the fangirl audience around. It's a shame, I liked him in AF, even in his season 3 emo phase, but I just couldn't stand him in UA. Personally, I'm glad he's gone.

Though I do hope that if he returns in OV, he'll redeem himself and be cool again, weird design or not. Cool

36 Re: Favorite characters on 14th August 2012, 4:45 pm

Zero Degrees

avatar
Magister
Magister
FutureFighter wrote:

Well, my opinion on the botching of his plot in UA's first season aside, in the entirety of the second season, he really stopped being cool and became annoying. And I mean...really annoying. His jokes weren't funny anymore, he was a bad boyfriend to Gwen on several occasions, he lost all sense of strategic thinking and just clobbered things like the Thing, he was an ungodly hypocrite when it came to matters like Charmcaster, and worst of all? He tended to get away with all of this. While Ben couldn't get away with nuthin', Kevin got off scot-free for his asshattery. He really came off as a character kept around only due to writer favoritism and/or to keep the fangirl audience around. It's a shame, I liked him in AF, even in his season 3 emo phase, but I just couldn't stand him in UA. Personally, I'm glad he's gone.

Though I do hope that if he returns in OV, he'll redeem himself and be cool again, weird design or not. Cool
Now that you've mentioned that, I see your point. I still love Kevin in all series but I definitely see your point.

And I'm pretty glad this is gone:

Kinda wish this guy was back though:

37 Re: Favorite characters on 14th August 2012, 6:01 pm

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Zero Degrees wrote:
FutureFighter wrote:

Well, my opinion on the botching of his plot in UA's first season aside, in the entirety of the second season, he really stopped being cool and became annoying. And I mean...really annoying. His jokes weren't funny anymore, he was a bad boyfriend to Gwen on several occasions, he lost all sense of strategic thinking and just clobbered things like the Thing, he was an ungodly hypocrite when it came to matters like Charmcaster, and worst of all? He tended to get away with all of this. While Ben couldn't get away with nuthin', Kevin got off scot-free for his asshattery. He really came off as a character kept around only due to writer favoritism and/or to keep the fangirl audience around. It's a shame, I liked him in AF, even in his season 3 emo phase, but I just couldn't stand him in UA. Personally, I'm glad he's gone.

Though I do hope that if he returns in OV, he'll redeem himself and be cool again, weird design or not. Cool
Now that you've mentioned that, I see your point. I still love Kevin in all series but I definitely see your point.

And I'm pretty glad this is gone:

Kinda wish this guy was back though:
My skin crawls inside my bones when I see the first picture. Shocked
I think Derrick said they plan on making changes to him, thanks god.
He will most probably absorb the Nemetrix, save Ben, become an awesome villain then go back to campus then some seasons later return as an ally of Ben. At least, that's how I see it.

38 Re: Favorite characters on 14th August 2012, 6:34 pm

FutureFighter


Human
Human
Sebastian13 wrote:He will most probably absorb the Nemetrix, save Ben, become an awesome villain then go back to campus then some seasons later return as an ally of Ben. At least, that's how I see it.

I actually hope he becomes destined to be Kevin 11,000, but not the one from "Ken 10"...instead, more of an anti-heroic mercenary of sorts who's a little crazy and whom Ben has a falling out with as a friend/brother figure due to their different ways of life, and yet they still team up and help each other frequently and showcase that they still care deep down. That'd be interesting. Gwen and Charmcaster ought to do a similar thing.

39 Re: Favorite characters on 15th August 2012, 9:47 am

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
FutureFighter wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:He will most probably absorb the Nemetrix, save Ben, become an awesome villain then go back to campus then some seasons later return as an ally of Ben. At least, that's how I see it.

I actually hope he becomes destined to be Kevin 11,000, but not the one from "Ken 10"...instead, more of an anti-heroic mercenary of sorts who's a little crazy and whom Ben has a falling out with as a friend/brother figure due to their different ways of life, and yet they still team up and help each other frequently and showcase that they still care deep down. That'd be interesting. Gwen and Charmcaster ought to do a similar thing.
Seconded.

40 Re: Favorite characters on 15th August 2012, 12:53 pm

GagaFan

avatar
Human
Human
I love Paradox, he's great What a Face

41 Re: Favorite characters on 15th August 2012, 12:56 pm

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
GagaFan wrote:I love Paradox, he's great What a Face
GagaFan? Welcome to the forum, I didn't think I'll see you again.
And yes, Paradox is really awesome.

42 Re: Favorite characters on 15th August 2012, 4:52 pm

Zero Degrees

avatar
Magister
Magister
GagaFan wrote:I love Paradox, he's great What a Face
Welcome to the forums, GagaFan! This was unexpected. Haven't seen you in awhile...

Awesome picture by the way.

43 Re: Favorite characters on 27th August 2012, 6:11 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
Rook.
Just Rook.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum