You are not connected. Please login or register

Future of Charmcaster Arc

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 28th November 2012, 11:25 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
I just want to say this, I have no opinion on Charmcaster and I don't want to after seeing how viscously you guys have been fighting over this.

However I want people to stop villafying Derrick for announcing what the Omniverse team's plans are. People who are getting annoyed at Omniverse are automatically blaming him, because he is the face of these changes, so its understandable.

But it is not correct. The only person who I have ever seen who was involved in the franchise and who wanted CC to change was Geoff Thorne. Matt and Charlotte may have been the ones who said that they wanted to make CC a full time villainess. Maybe Dwayne liked the idea when he allowed the episode to be filmed, but he may have been the only one in the whole writing department.

TL;DR: Derrick is not the only person working on Omniverse, Charlotte and Matt may have been the ones to cancel CC's neutrality plotline. Stop attacking Derrick because he's the only on brave enough to deal with you people.

52 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 28th November 2012, 11:36 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:I just want to say this, I have no opinion on Charmcaster and I don't want to after seeing how viscously you guys have been fighting over this.

However I want people to stop villafying Derrick for announcing what the Omniverse team's plans are. People who are getting annoyed at Omniverse are automatically blaming him, because he is the face of these changes, so its understandable.

But it is not correct. The only person who I have ever seen who was involved in the franchise and who wanted CC to change was Geoff Thorne. Matt and Charlotte may have been the ones who said that they wanted to make CC a full time villainess. Maybe Dwayne liked the idea when he allowed the episode to be filmed, but he may have been the only one in the whole writing department.

TL;DR: Derrick is not the only person working on Omniverse, Charlotte and Matt may have been the ones to cancel CC's neutrality plotline. Stop attacking Derrick because he's the only on brave enough to deal with you people.
well, I don't believe I or anyone was attacking DJW. I just disagreed with the opinions and I haven't said anything on the CC matter really, I was using it as a jumping point, disagreeing with the reasons for changes in OV don't make sense from a story angle not a continuity one.

I just don't enjoy the show, whether it follows the solely on aliens(like Danny Phantom did with Ghosts) or on multiple different mythologies (TMNT), OV has been a underwhelming experience and unconvincing in either sense.

Last edited by mace23 on 28th November 2012, 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

53 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 28th November 2012, 11:39 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:I just want to say this, I have no opinion on Charmcaster and I don't want to after seeing how viscously you guys have been fighting over this.

Fair enough I don't like way he talks to people but your right, he IS talking to us where no one else is.

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

54 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 28th November 2012, 11:50 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
What people also have to understand is that Derrick does not dislike UAF. If you've been following his formspring at all you would know that btoh of his favorite characters are ones that essentially emerged entirely from UAF. A lot of his favorite aliens are from those series. He has stated that the first two seasons of Alien Force are his favorite parts in the enitrety of Ben 10 prior to Omniverse.

What he dislikes is UAF's treatment of the source material. He says that UAF was at its best when doing its own thing--he has praised thigns like Albedo, the highbreed arc, Tronbipulor, etc.--and suffered most when trying to overwrite the original canon. This is an opinion shared by a lot of people, and it is not a crime for someone to dislike a previous series' treatment of a previouser series. Accusations that Derrick hates the UAF are really just ridiculousridiculous.

edit: Also ZeroRecoil you are my new favorite person.

55 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 28th November 2012, 11:58 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:

Fair enough I don't like way he talks to people but your right, he IS talking to us where no one else is.
twitter??? Eugene Son, Matt Youngberg and Charlotte Fullerton are on it

56 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 29th November 2012, 1:57 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
They take questions on there?

57 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 29th November 2012, 2:02 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:They take questions on there?
yes, several people have asked a few questions on there, you need an account though but there willing and have.

58 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 29th November 2012, 2:13 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
mace23 wrote:
yes, several people have asked a few questions on there, you need an account though but there willing and have.

Humm >makes a note of that<

Ok djw is now obsolete OH YEE FANBOYLEGION Smile to the twitters section of the interwebs !

But back on topic where do we want CC going after couples retreat? Always room in reboot city or retcon town. I'd like a continuation myself.

59 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 29th November 2012, 2:57 am

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:
mace23 wrote:

Humm >makes a note of that<

Ok djw is now obsolete OH YEE FANBOYLEGION Smile to the twitters section of the interwebs !

But back on topic where do we want CC going after couples retreat? Always room in reboot city or retcon town. I'd like a continuation myself.
lo

links

https://twitter.com/TheCFullerton
https://twitter.com/eugeneson

https://twitter.com/herkPRIME

60 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 19th January 2013, 4:56 pm

FutureFighter

Human
Human
Wow, wasn't this thread supposed to be about Charmcaster?

Seriously, most posts for the last two pages now don't have any mention of her at all: just arguing about retcons, OS vs. UAF, and other such nonsense.

Anyway, unless Geoff Thorne gets bold and insists on it, I think that Dwayne's Charmcaster arc is pretty much dead now. Crying or Very sad Sad, but we must accept it. Really, as uncomfortable as it may be, the only one to blame here is Dwayne. He had a perfectly good chance to wrap things up and he blew it, big time. A shame. Evil or Very Mad

61 Re: Future of Charmcaster Arc on 19th January 2013, 5:53 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
FutureFighter wrote:Wow, wasn't this thread supposed to be about Charmcaster?

Seriously, most posts for the last two pages now don't have any mention of her at all: just arguing about retcons, OS vs. UAF, and other such nonsense.

Anyway, unless Geoff Thorne gets bold and insists on it, I think that Dwayne's Charmcaster arc is pretty much dead now. Crying or Very sad Sad, but we must accept it. Really, as uncomfortable as it may be, the only one to blame here is Dwayne. He had a perfectly good chance to wrap things up and he blew it, big time. A shame. Evil or Very Mad

The last two pages were also happening two months ago.

62 charmcaster on 12th April 2013, 12:49 pm

fletch

Plumber
Plumber

I think charmcaster is a brilliant charecter and should return in omniverse, I know a lot of people think they have ruined the character by having the episodes " where the magic is " and " enermy of my frenermy " but they were just trying something out and she did have four of my favourate episodes so she should come back. That said she should be a villian. she deserves a big plot too.

cheers.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum