In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Here's some more reviews/opinions from ToonZone a.k.a. "the guys who despise AF and UA" : (they love it)
http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?296892-TALKBACK-Ben-10-Omniverse-quot-The-More-Things-Change-Part-1-quot-8-1

I'll promote/share some more reviews as I find them.

BTW,I'd love to see some ToonZone users around here.They have a good eye for details,too bad they're noobs when it comes to the Ben 10 plot.

52 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd August 2012, 11:25 pm

CBobb1234

Plumber
Plumber
If they made Max's eyes like that, imagine how they're gonna make Julie....

53 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 3rd August 2012, 12:08 am

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
CBobb1234 wrote:If they made Max's eyes like that, imagine how they're gonna make Julie....
Huge.So it fits the anime stereotype. Laughing

54 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 3rd August 2012, 12:40 am

painlee

Magister
Magister
Sebastian13 wrote:
CBobb1234 wrote:In the intro, why was upchuck dancing around rath? Lol
That's actually really funny,nice addition to the intro. Laughing
Just noticed...Rath didn't change! Very Happy

yeah it was funny ,Upchuck was 11 year old Ben.

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
The only bad thing I can think of from this episode is that Lodestar's mouth moved. I know, it's a small detail. Very Happy Very weird though.

Other than that, an amazing episode. I really liked it.

CBobb1234

Plumber
Plumber
I like the fact they are going back to the original ripjaws.(Only a few minor changes)

57 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 3rd August 2012, 10:08 am

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
http://4ms.me/Ow05ql

This is what Max wanted to show to Ben. (a picture of Rook)

http://4ms.me/RgIcOo

So Zombozo wanted the brain because he is now a zombie?Hopefully that's not all there is to it...

One more thing I'm wondering is why Ben doesen't shout the alien names anymore. (I like that but it would be fun for him to do that from time to time...mostly for new aliens)

58 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 3rd August 2012, 12:49 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
CBobb1234 wrote:I like the fact they are going back to the original ripjaws.(Only a few minor changes)

Omni Ripjaws is best Ripjaws.

painlee

Magister
Magister
Sebastian13 wrote:http://4ms.me/Ow05ql

So Zombozo wanted the brain because he is now a zombie?Hopefully that's not all there is to it...

One more thing I'm wondering is why Ben doesen't shout the alien names anymore. (I like that but it would be fun for him to do that from time to time...mostly for new aliens)
i think Zombozo was always meant to be a zombie i mean look at his name.

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
painlee wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:http://4ms.me/Ow05ql

I just wish I knew whether that made him more or less horrifying.

61 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th August 2012, 12:01 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Has anyone else noticed how GREAT the alien diversity was in this episode?An original alien (Fourarms),an OS additional alien (Cannonbolt),new OS alien (Feedback),AF original alien (Spidermonkey),AF additional alien (Lodestar) and new Omniverse alien. (Bloxx) Very Happy

62 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th August 2012, 12:06 pm

CBobb1234

Plumber
Plumber
Sebastian13 wrote:Has anyone else noticed how GREAT the alien diversity was in this episode?An original alien (Fourarms),an OS additional alien (Cannonbolt),new OS alien (Feedback),AF original alien (Spidermonkey),AF additional alien (Lodestar) and new Omniverse alien. (Bloxx) Very Happy
The only thing missing was an alien from the andromeda galaxy.

63 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th August 2012, 12:09 pm

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
CBobb1234 wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:Has anyone else noticed how GREAT the alien diversity was in this episode?An original alien (Fourarms),an OS additional alien (Cannonbolt),new OS alien (Feedback),AF original alien (Spidermonkey),AF additional alien (Lodestar) and new Omniverse alien. (Bloxx) Very Happy

Part 2 has four out of five, does that count?

Tennyson

Sebastian13 wrote:
One more thing I'm wondering is why Ben doesn't shout the alien names anymore. (I like that but it would be fun for him to do that from time to time...mostly for new aliens)

I remember distinctively asking Dwayne when he first started that Q&A thread about this. He said it's really so that little kids can remember their names and then you know..tell mommy and daddy what toy they want at the store. Canonically, it was when Ben becomes an alien, it's conscious is burst through the Omnitrix so they shout their names.

I'm actually really glad they don't anymore. (I mean, they still say it, but they don't shout it like an idiot) In terms of stealth, that would have been really awful.
>Ben sneaks in somewhere
>transforms
>HUMUNGOSAAAUURRR
>Everyone is on him like white on rice

I really enjoyed this episode. It kind of harks back to the original series in terms of campy, wacky comedy fun. I'm honestly glad they did away with Gwen and Kevin, at least for a bit. I like having Ben do stuff on his own (although Rook and his character dynamic should be great to see)
For now, I'm glad we haven't seen Julie yet. That whole romance, relationship junk was always really weird to me. Like, this is a show about a kid with a watch full of aliens to beat up other aliens..and you want LOVE in it? What!?

The only thing is the art design. I really like stylized stuff but this will take some getting used to. Ben has a full on monkey/cat face thing going on and it's really weird.

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
I remember distinctively asking Dwayne when he first started that Q&A thread about this. He said it's really so that little kids can remember their names and then you know..tell mommy and daddy what toy they want at the store.
You asked that question?Awesome.For some reason I remember that answer clearly as well.

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
CBobb1234 wrote:

Part 2 has four out of five, does that count?
Was just about to say that. Laughing

First-Psykon

Plumber
Plumber
Tennyson wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:
One more thing I'm wondering is why Ben doesn't shout the alien names anymore. (I like that but it would be fun for him to do that from time to time...mostly for new aliens)

I remember distinctively asking Dwayne when he first started that Q&A thread about this. He said it's really so that little kids can remember their names and then you know..tell mommy and daddy what toy they want at the store. Canonically, it was when Ben becomes an alien, it's conscious is burst through the Omnitrix so they shout their names.

I'm actually really glad they don't anymore. (I mean, they still say it, but they don't shout it like an idiot) In terms of stealth, that would have been really awful.
>Ben sneaks in somewhere
>transforms
>HUMUNGOSAAAUURRR

I really enjoyed this episode. It kind of harks back to the original series in terms of campy, wacky comedy fun. I'm honestly glad they did away with Gwen and Kevin, at least for a bit. I like having Ben do stuff on his own (although Rook and his character dynamic should be great to see)
For now, I'm glad we haven't seen Julie yet. That whole romance, relationship junk was always really weird to me. Like, this is a show about a kid with a watch full of aliens to beat up other aliens..and you want LOVE in it? What!?

The only thing is the art design. I really like stylized stuff but this will take some getting used to. Ben has a full on monkey/cat face thing going on and it's really weird.
I don't have much of a problem with love in the show except that Ben almost always acts like a jerk. I do agree that the shouting of the aliens' names by Ben is not exactly... well, effective since according to Ben in the series he tries to "strike fear in his enemies", which clearly doesn't make any difference. The design is kinda a problem too. I can cope with it but it's still annoying. At least the story seems good so far, since Dwayne had a part in writing the episode.

Ben 10!
With a device that he wears on his arm
He can change his shape and save the world from harm

When trouble's taking place
He gets right in it's face
Ben 10!

When lives are on the line
It's hero time!
Ben 10!

- Omniverse theme song

68 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 5th August 2012, 12:27 pm

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
Tennyson wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

>Ben sneaks in somewhere
>transforms
>HUMUNGOSAAAUURRR

Hahaha, white on rice Laughing . Anyway, I agree with most of what you said.

But I think it's pretty justified that Ben yells out their names. If I had the watch, I'd be having fun with it too. And you know, old habits die hard.

And I like the relationship angle in the show. If the show were nothing other than "a kid with a watch full of aliens to beat up other aliens", I wouldn't be sticking around.

69 Re: THE MORE THINGS CHANGE SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 5th August 2012, 12:34 pm

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
painlee wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:

He was definitely based on a zombie but I think, it's just now that he's taking on more zombie-like qualities. (He was more of an emotional vampire clown thing before)

Since he isn't an alien, I guess he's human (Not a typical one though). Wonder what the hell happened to him Suspect .

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
No matter the series there was always something "off" about him...

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
After watching the episode for a second time, I really really love it now!
The theme tune is so awesome, the variety of characters and aliens, everything is cool!

I agree with some of the design aspects being... iffy. I just can't get used to Grandpa Max's eyes or 16 year old Ben's face. But apart from that, I'm loving everything else. Looking forward to see where the story continues.

Derrick said that each season (10 episodes) has their own story arc, and then these first 4 seasons ALSO has a big story arc that binds them all together, which is awesome and promising! Very Happy

CBobb1234

Plumber
Plumber
I just hope they are not trying to turn this show into a comedy.

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
CBobb1234 wrote:I just hope they are not trying to turn this show into a comedy.
I can assure you it's not becoming a comedy...But it definitely looks to be taking a more comedic route. Ben 10 has always been funny (or trying to be) and this time, it looks like OV is more like OS-type humor.

(AF was the funniest series, IMO)

painlee

Magister
Magister
CBobb1234 wrote:I just hope they are not trying to turn this show into a comedy.
all Ben 10 series had the comedy moments.

CBobb1234

Plumber
Plumber
painlee wrote:
all Ben 10 series had the comedy moments.
I just hope they wouldn't put too much comedy into it to make the show annoying.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum