Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE SMOOTHIES SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Zero Degrees

avatar
Magister
Magister
BoldSwarm wrote:I think the fact about the Universe being destroyed doesn't means that all the humans and aliens were really died. There's no more space or time to live so they just don't exist anymore, it doesn't means death, right?
I dunno about you guys. I mean, everyone technically died but I totally get what he's saying.

BoldSwarm wrote:In my theory, Alien X created an almost exact copy of the universe bringing back the people essence, in the way which Ben sees them all. That's it.

Although we don't know the specifics of the universe thing...isn't that just stating the obvious? No offense, of course Smile

Herotaku

avatar
Human
Human
Sebastian13 wrote:Of course they died. You are being ridiculous. (no offense) Laughing

Sorry, this is my opinion '-'
But you have to understand the universe (including cells, atoms and even energy). What would happen if the universe being destroyed? In that way, there's no more time and space, so nothing died, just doesn't exist anymore.

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
BoldSwarm wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:Of course they died. You are being ridiculous. (no offense) Laughing

Sorry, this is my opinion '-'
But you have to understand the universe (including cells, atoms and even energy). What would happen if the universe being destroyed? In that way, there's no more time and space, so nothing died, just doesn't exist anymore.

Well yeah...but they died, they just did it really fast.

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Well being dead is defined as not existing anymore.

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Just watched this episode... man, what a let down. Unless it has implications further down the road, I can't think of a reason why this episode was necessary, I mean why put Ben in that situation if you're just going to resolve it in a few seconds? Alien X is a way of getting out of storylines and situations that can't be resolved logically.

I was so optimistic about Omniverse but I have yet to be impressed by an episode. I'm thinking I may be too old for the demographic this series is aimed at. I find the humour to be off-putting and unfunny, Rook to be boring and the storylines to be poor. I'll wait until the end of the first arc before I decide to leave the series. It might get better and maybe some of the random story choices will become significant. But at the moment, I'm not really enjoying the new show.

One of the things UAF was good at, was being able to appeal to older audiences. Not necessarily a good thing for a kids TV show though, I can see why Omniverse has gone in this new direction. I wouldn't go as far as to call Omniverse a 'dumbing down' of Ben 10, but having the villains make jokes and the attempt of trying to balance silly humour with high stakes is a very hard thing to get right, and unfortunately, Omniverse is struggling to get it right.


This is all just my opinion.

Sebastian13

avatar
Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Lukey wrote:Just watched this episode... man, what a let down. Unless it has implications further down the road, I can't think of a reason why this episode was necessary, I mean why put Ben in that situation if you're just going to resolve it in a few seconds? Alien X is a way of getting out of storylines and situations that can't be resolved logically.

I was so optimistic about Omniverse but I have yet to be impressed by an episode. I'm thinking I may be too old for the demographic this series is aimed at. I find the humour to be off-putting and unfunny, Rook to be boring and the storylines to be poor. I'll wait until the end of the first arc before I decide to leave the series. It might get better and maybe some of the random story choices will become significant. But at the moment, I'm not really enjoying the new show.

One of the things UAF was good at, was being able to appeal to older audiences. Not necessarily a good thing for a kids TV show though, I can see why Omniverse has gone in this new direction. I wouldn't go as far as to call Omniverse a 'dumbing down' of Ben 10, but having the villains make jokes and the attempt of trying to balance silly humour with high stakes is a very hard thing to get right, and unfortunately, Omniverse is struggling to get it right.


This is all just my opinion.

Vilgax got sick in UAF, that alone allows Omniverse to do anything it wants without being called chilish.

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
[quote="Lukey"]Just watched this episode... man, what a let down. Unless it has implications further down the road, I can't think of a reason why this episode was necessary, I mean why put Ben in that situation if you're just going to resolve it in a few seconds? Alien X is a way of getting out of storylines and situations that can't be resolved logically.

I was so optimistic about Omniverse but I have yet to be impressed by an episode. I'm thinking I may be too old for the demographic this series is aimed at. I find the humour to be off-putting and unfunny, Rook to be boring and the storylines to be poor. I'll wait until the end of the first arc before I decide to leave the series. It might get better and maybe some of the random story choices will become significant. But at the moment, I'm not really enjoying the new show.

One of the things UAF was good at, was being able to appeal to older audiences. Not necessarily a good thing for a kids TV show though, I can see why Omniverse has gone in this new direction. I wouldn't go as far as to call Omniverse a 'dumbing down' of Ben 10, but having the villains make jokes and the attempt of trying to balance silly humour with high stakes is a very hard thing to get right, and unfortunately, Omniverse is struggling to get it right.


This is all just my opinion.[/quote]

That's fine, I agree with you.
I only watch Omniverse for the chance to feel like I did when I was 10 or 12.

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Lukey wrote:Just watched this episode... man, what a let down. Unless it has implications further down the road, I can't think of a reason why this episode was necessary, I mean why put Ben in that situation if you're just going to resolve it in a few seconds? Alien X is a way of getting out of storylines and situations that can't be resolved logically.

I was so optimistic about Omniverse but I have yet to be impressed by an episode. I'm thinking I may be too old for the demographic this series is aimed at. I find the humour to be off-putting and unfunny, Rook to be boring and the storylines to be poor. I'll wait until the end of the first arc before I decide to leave the series. It might get better and maybe some of the random story choices will become significant. But at the moment, I'm not really enjoying the new show.

One of the things UAF was good at, was being able to appeal to older audiences. Not necessarily a good thing for a kids TV show though, I can see why Omniverse has gone in this new direction. I wouldn't go as far as to call Omniverse a 'dumbing down' of Ben 10, but having the villains make jokes and the attempt of trying to balance silly humour with high stakes is a very hard thing to get right, and unfortunately, Omniverse is struggling to get it right.


This is all just my opinion.

That's fine, I agree with you.
I only watch Omniverse for the chance to feel like I did when I was 10 or 12.
Also the amount of fillers doesn't help, It's not even about it falling short of other B10 series, it's about it falling short compared too other action shows currently airing.

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
i miss Alien X shouting Motion carried.also weren't Bellicus and Serena supposed to never agree whit ben vote being the deciding vote.

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:Well being dead is defined as not existing anymore.
Actually i think not existing anymore is defined as being dead
Dead just means not alive per say


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I can say I think it's absurd and whtat not and hate it but the show must (and will) go on
still it would be better as a non canon deal
first off, the universe is more than just everything. You hvae to remember Ben has barely even seen the entire galaxy. to recreate the entire universe thats like, every single of the billions to infinite amount of galaxies, aliens not known about, vilains that have tried to or are trying to kill him, and the only thing that changes is he gets a jacket and Mr. Smoothy? There are so many plot holes with that. Plus that means also
1. He's the only thing of the original universe left over unless you count...
2. Paradox and then that goes into...
3. Where was he in all this? Didn't he know? Didn't he care? Whether he thought or knew Alien X could fix it shouldn't he have taken care of this? Secured it in his Timewalker way? Did he get rewritten too or was he just "watching the show" per say?


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
I don't want to or mean to on a rant here but seriously!
The vastness of the universe!
I mean skip that!
Let's scale it down to the galaxy, all the aliens on Incarcecon, in the galaxy, let's scale it down further
every single version of the billion of people on Earth, and the who knows how many Ben's never met! How does he create an almost exact replica of the universe!


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Also to my fans of Douglas Adams
So many allusions to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series other than the title


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Does Azmuth know?
Did Paradox evacuate survivors?
Are there any survivors or is Ben the sole and only?
Last one is probably right so what the heck?
Now I'm ranting but seriously, does Azmuth know what went down with Alien X?
and how did they not blow the ship up the last time it appeared if it anchors itself to planets for crying out loud!


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Kariachi wrote:I got it, but I think we might be alone Zero. Shame. Sounds like a fun episode, can't wait.
Nope, I got it too


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:Alien X actually did something? Whoa.
lol!
I like Alien X


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
Holy crap.

Can you not do that, like ever again? Posting a million times in a row is dumb. Use the edit button.

Also, Alien X is omnipotent. He can do what he wants.

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Holy crap.

Can you not do that, like ever again? Posting a million times in a row is dumb. Use the edit button.

Also, Alien X is omnipotent. He can do what he wants.
Yeah sorry
While i didn't think of editing, editing wasn't the tone i wished to take.
And yeah, Alien X is omnipotent, but there comes a point in which you have to say
"Could he really do that?"
And if he's so omnipotent then everything would be back the way it was. And's thats every single little thing.


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
That's the point though, not every little thing is the same. Some things are different. Probably even lot of things, I'd say. Like Primus, or whatever.

The point is, Bellicus and Serena and Ben wanted to bring back the universe. so using their omnipotence, they did. Omnipotence means they can momentarily infuse themselves with all the knowledge they need for the task. At the same time, it wouldn't be perfect--it couldn't be. So there are changes, but there is far more sameness

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:That's the point though, not every little thing is the same. Some things are different. Probably even lot of things, I'd say. Like Primus, or whatever.

The point is, Bellicus and Serena and Ben wanted to bring back the universe. so using their omnipotence, they did. Omnipotence means they can momentarily infuse themselves with all the knowledge they need for the task. At the same time, it wouldn't be perfect--it couldn't be. So there are changes, but there is far more sameness
Indeed so buut Omnipotence means unlimited power. For them truly to be omnipotent every single thing would be the exact same as it was or it wouldn't be omnipotence it would be what it is, reality based manipulation.


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Kariachi

avatar
Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Turbojake252 wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:Well being dead is defined as not existing anymore.
Actually i think not existing anymore is defined as being dead
Dead just means not alive per say

I get the bizarre feeling someone should make a reference to something, but I have no idea what that something is...

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Kariachi wrote:
Turbojake252 wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:Well being dead is defined as not existing anymore.
Actually i think not existing anymore is defined as being dead
Dead just means not alive per say

I get the bizarre feeling someone should make a reference to something, but I have no idea what that something is...
sounds like an anime or manga reference to me
Bleach or Death Note maybe


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum