Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1 Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 4th October 2012, 7:06 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Hi, guys. I'm Ursalink, the same guy from the original Dwayne McDuffie's forums before they were closed. Since this is the new place to talk about the new episodes, I have join it to discuss this new generation. The truth is that I have a lot of things to share with you, both opinions and possible spoilers. So let's start with possible spoilers.

For what I have seen, the first episode of "Ben 10: Omniverse" was written (at least partially) by Dwayne McDuffie. This means that they are way ahead from the episodes we see in TV; since Dwayne McDuffie is gone, rest in peace. So, considering this, I guess we can expect to see in this series some spoilers that Dwayne McDuffie confirmed in his previous forums before dying:
+ Ben and his friends are going to discover what happened to Enoch when XLR8 left him with the dream machine. (And possibly, how he became leader of a Forever Knights' faction).
+ There's going to be an episode explaining the pink eyes Ben displayed after transforming back from his first time transforming into Ultimate Spidermonkey, which are part of the human ultimate form. Honestly, in my opinion, I think more that the Ultimatrix made Ben "evolve" to a level where his Anodyte's heritage grew until turning into a "spark"; just like Gwen. I would like to see Ben developing Anodyte's powers, since Gwen is no longer regular in the series. My theory could be right because Dwayne said that Azmuth's dislike for the evolutionary function is related to Ben's pink eyes when he transformed from an ultimate form in "Fame".
+ I don't remember where exactly, but they said that the Garbage Monster from the episode "The Widening Gyre" will be part of an arc in the future. Well, it will be interesting to see that.
+ No Ben 10's series would be completed without Vilgax (Ben's nemesis), and it seems he will reappear in "Ben 10: Omniverse". Do you want to bet that he will be again in the series finale? Maybe we will also discover how he escaped after Ben used Ascalon to turn all the Esotericas back to free will humans.
+ Dwayne McDuffie confirmed that Alien X is not Ben's most powerful alien form in the Omnitrix. If that's so, I guess someday we will see Ben using it again as "last resource". We could also discover which alien can be more powerful than Alien X.
+ According to Derrick J. Wyatt, Azmuth deactivated the Ultimatrix after The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2. The reason was because Azmuth considered it "inferior junk" and it was too dangerous to keep. However, something tells me we haven't seen the last of it. Don't forget the Sentinel Ultimated Forms released from the Ultimatrix. In my opinion, they could return anytime in the future; and if the new Omnitrix can do it, Ben could scan their DNA and add it to the Codom Stream, allowing Ben to use the Ultimate Forms again. It still lacks Ultimate Wildmutt, Ultimate Way Big and two more Ultimate forms to make ten, but I still thinks the Ultimatrix and the Ultimate Forms could return in the future.

Now, about unsolved cliffhangers left after the end of "Ben 10: Ultimate Alien":
+ They should show us what happened with the Forever Knights and the Flame Keeper's Circle after the defeat of Diagon/Vilgax. I guess they just disbanded, but there's always the possibility that someone took advantage of it and kept some "leftovers" of those organizations.
+ Matt Wayne confirmed that Pierce was killed in "The Purge". So I think they should show us the consequences of that, like if Helen and Pierce would start hunting down and killing members of the Forever Knights as revenge or something.
+ Honestly, I don't want to see this guy again because I hate him as much as I hate J Jonah Jameson (who's based on) for making Spiderman's life so miserable, but I guess we could see Will Harangue again as a villain in some episode.
+ We could see Jennifer Nocturna and Carl Nesmith (Captain Nemesis/Overlord) again in a episode. I don't see this guy as a big problem for Ben, but his phychological profile is becoming very similar to Norman Osborn's from Spiderman; and that interest me. He can't reach the role of Ben's "nemesis" (not a joke, that role belongs to Vilgax), but he's interesting. Now that I mention it, the truth is Ben's world turned very similar to Spiderman's in "Ultimate Alien".
+ They should show us what happened with Charmcaster and Hex after the episodes "Enemy of My Frenemy" and Couples Retreat". They don't have anymore reasons for being villains, but I want to see them with some new (and better) purpose. Honestly, I hate Charmcaster for killing Ben's team, so I would like to see her dying.
+ King Viktor is a low-level villain in my opinion, but we could see him again as an important villain in the future. All the stuff happening around this character makes me see it now as a parody of Dr Doom, another reference to Marvel Comics in Ben 10's universe.
+ I would like to see Jimmy Jones again. He's a good character, reminding me Wade from "Kim Possible", at least from the part of gathering info through the computer. Besides, it gaves me the creeps when he and his mother were transformed into Esoterica; so I want to see them again to be sure they are OK and that.
+ I would like to see an episode with return/team-up between the "evil twins": Albedo and Sunny. I guess Antonio would be included too, but he only look similar to Kevin in his "mutated forms". It would be interesting, huh?
+ Eunice, this is definitely a character that I want to see again. I have nothing against Julie, but I can't stop to see her as Ben's perfect match. Maybe because both of them are connected somehow to the Omnitrix? Let's say that, if Ben is Peter Parker, Eunice is Gwen Stacy.
+ Helena/the Queen. This is the character that most interest me to return, especially after what happened in "The Perfect Girlfriend". I still suspect my old theory of Elena returning and trying to merge herself with Julie could happen.

Finally, my theory about the show in general:
+ So far, I think the show has turned a little bored. I mean, just like Ben pointed in one episode, with Rook as the "rookie" partner, now it looks like a boring "police series" than a "superhero series". I miss sme action in the episodes. I hope the next ones will be better.
+ I really, REALLY don't like the new art style in most of things. The new "Mr Smoothie" showed in one of the preview it's ridiculous. And Gwen's new look in College... YUCK!!! They have turned the "lovely Gwen" into a "nerdy Gwen". Although her new ability to change form (into something than looks like a mixture between her Anodyte form and her "Lucky Girl" costume) actually rocks!! I just would have prefered her with long "light-hair". And Kevin's new design, reminds me too much from his "psycopath mutant kid" era than his "slighty more matured teen" era.

Well, what do you think of all this?

Zero Degrees

Magister
Magister
Firstly, welcome back, Ursulink! I still remember you from my earliest days at the forums Very Happy .

Second, TL;DR but I'll read it soon, don't worry. And cool topic idea, btw.

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister

hafje

Human
Human
Glad you ultra long posts are also back Very Happy

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
hafje wrote:Glad you ultra long posts are also back Very Happy

I'm glad too, he catches many details we don't. Smile

Not to mention he reminded me how many plots have been left open.

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Thanks a ton for your welcome, guys. It's so good to feel yourself appreciated somewhere. By the way, I want to mention something that I skipped between the "guaranteed" plots:
+ It was said by Azmuth that the Unitrix (Eunice) is dangerous; and according to Dwayne, we will see why. This means Eunice's return can be expected in Omniverse.

Thanks again for your welcome.

painlee

Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote:Thanks a ton for your welcome, guys. It's so good to feel yourself appreciated somewhere. By the way, I want to mention something that I skipped between the "guaranteed" plots:
+ It was said by Azmuth that the Unitrix (Eunice) is dangerous; and according to Dwayne, we will see why. This means Eunice's return can be expected in Omniverse.

only problem is that OV have new main writer and her future plot might not be explored.

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
painlee wrote:
Ursalink wrote:Thanks a ton for your welcome, guys. It's so good to feel yourself appreciated somewhere. By the way, I want to mention something that I skipped between the "guaranteed" plots:

only problem is that OV have new main writer and her future plot might not be explored.

It's Charlotte and Matt Wayne who are the new head writers now, right? They were pretty close with Dwayne when they worked on UAF, maybe they'll continue his idea.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Derrick has explicitly said Eunice is not coming back.
Nobody (working on the show) likes her.

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Derrick has explicitly said Eunice is not coming back.
Nobody (working on the show) likes her.

Err, they don't like the idea of her as Ben's love interest. I don't know where you got that she would never return from.

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
painlee wrote:

It's Charlotte and Matt Wayne who are the new head writers now, right? They were pretty close with Dwayne when they worked on UAF, maybe they'll continue his idea.
Possibly,

Great list Uraslink, those plot threads are what made UA unique compared too AF, unfortunately I don't think any of those will be picked up except the confirmation of the Ultimates.

12 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 11th October 2012, 10:02 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
New things to share, guys. First of all, I want to mention something else I forget to mention in my first post. Between the unsolved plots from the past that we could see resolved in "Ben 10 Omniverse", there's a big one:
+ We could see how the Galvans (or Azmuth) removed Ghostfreak from the Omnitrix (or the Codon Stream) after he was scanned again in "Be Afraid of the Dark". And also, how he ended in the prision from where Vilgax freed him in "Ghost Town".

Now, for those who haven't seen the episode "So Long, and Thanks for all the Smoothies", I recomend you not to read this; if you don't want spoilers. Well, the episode showed something that totally blew up my mind. Ben 10 used Alien X successfully to recreate the whole universe after it was nearly completely destroyed. However, after doing it, it seems the universe was "remade" with some "unexpected modifications". In my opinion, I guess Ben's subconscious used part of Alien X's powers to change some things to his liking. You have some proves with the new design/"mascot" of Mr Smoothie and Ben's new white hoodie that he wears after remaking the universe. (His new "green jacket"). I suspect he could also be behind Gwen's new nerdy look from one of the previews; and also behind her new ability to turn into a sexy combination between her "Lucky Girl" costume and her Anodyte form.

This means that, from now on, we can expect ANYTHING happening in Ben 10's universe; even stuff without sense according to the past. I have some interesting possibilities:
- Eunice modified with his own DNA (but the same look), making her no relationed to Ben because of Gwen's DNA. This could break the wall that avoids their possible relationship. (I repeat, I have nothing against Julie). Also, she could be no longer trapped as an artificial being because of the Unitrix. Instead, she becomes a regular human that will, possibly, use another prototype of the Omnitrix. She could be like "Gwen 10", using female forms of Ben's aliens.
- With the Sentinel Ultimate Forms released from the Ultimatrix, now it could exist a Sentinel Ultimate Wildmutt and a Sentinel Ultimate Way Big. That would open the chance for Ben to scan and use the Ultimates once again, without the Ultimatrix. I'm thinking that, as Ben's aliens always go in groups of 10 members, he could even create two more Sentinel Ultimate Forms subconsciously to complete the group. In my opinion, it could be an Ultimate Diamondhead (with a look similar to AF/UA, as it would be merged with Chromastone) and an Ultimate Upgrade (with a look similar to Generator Rex or maybe a good version of Malware).
- Cannonbolt's home planet being restored, along with all the extinguished members of his species. (It was destroyed by "The Big One").
- The inhabitants from Ledger Domain could be restored in this new universe, including Charmcaster's father. How?, why? Well, maybe in this new universe, Adwayta decided to imprison the inhabitants from Ledger Domain instead of kill them. Honestly, I would love to break Charmcaster into pieces because she killed Ben's team; but since now she's empty, I guess they should give her something to "motivate" her.
- Carl Nesmith (Captain Nemesis/Overlord) could be back to his old face.
- As many of you suggest, Pierce could be resurrected here. Instead of being killed by the Forever Knights, he was only put into a coma. It's very weird for me that they decided to kill Pierce and we didn't see Helen and Pierce reaction about it; like trying to kill members of the Forever Knights in a revenge quest. Now that I think of it, maybe now Helen and Pierce can change forms between alien and human just like Alan (as Heatblast).
- Vilgax's empire was dissolved after everyone though he was dead in "The Final Battle". In this new universe, Ben could also have restored the 10 conquered worlds by Vilgax and the five destroyed worlds by him. The protector heroes of those worlds could have been resurrected (like Ultimos), making Vilgax lost their powers and returning to his original form in the series. This also means that the Galactic Enforces could return in the future.
- Elena's story could be altered in the new universe, but not necessarily to better. Elena would be still the Queen, but his father (Victor Validus) would be resurrected; although he would be again possessed by the nanochips, and working as the "2nd in command" for his "queen". Elena would still be obsessed with having Ben for herself, but this time, with a little influence of certain "bug" called "the black widow". You know why this spider is famous, right? And in this universe, Elena would be mainly a villain, but she could be an occasional ally too; as a "frenemy", saving Ben in some situations because Elena thinks he belongs to her or something.
- We could see the return of Clancy, the Bugman from the original series, as a new member of the nanochips swarm. I mean, he fits because of the "bug" part, don't you think?
- Julie could gain her own superpowers in this new universe, making her the "perfect girlfriend" for Ben; in the way that she doesn't need to be the classic "damsel in distress" and she can fight alongside Ben in "hero times". She could gain by a combination of Ship's help and a part of Elena's nanochips, as if Elena was trying to take over her body. The result could be Julie getting similar powers to Generator Rex's ones. Sounds cool, huh?
- Maybe Ben created an universe where he has got even more new aliens unlocked from the Omnitrix. I don't think even Alien X could grant Ben the unlocking of master code.
- Ben is the only one who remember how was the universe before reconstructing it, and since he was inside Alien X, I don't think the reborn of the universe affected him. On the other hand, he gained a new white hoodie. So, maybe in this new universe, Ben has the Anodyte's spark, just like Gwen. Everything is possible!!
- Maybe Ben created an alternative dimension in the new universe where "Sumo Slammers" is real? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
- Ben could have used Alien X's power to fit his fiasco in the episode "Simple".
- I don't think this will happen, but Ben could have use Alien X's power to make almost everyone on Earth forget about Ben's secret identity. In Ultimate ALien, he said he didn't like to be famous. Now that I think of it, Ben could have done this when he used Ascalon to turn all the Esotericas back to free will humans.
- Finally, as Paradox is able to go beyond the universe, it's very possible he also knows what happened and that Ben recreated the universe. After all, in "The Forge of Creation", he told Ben that he would be able someday to use Alien X's power. If Paradox didn't intervine to avoid the destruction of the universe in the first place, I think it means that had to happen; maybe because some of the subconscious changes made for Ben were necessary. Don't you think?

Well, what do you think of all this?

13 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 11th October 2012, 11:10 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
thank goodness AF/UA isn't in continuity with OV

also I don't think Eunice or most of the UA threads mentioned will be in OV, wait till series 6

14 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 11th October 2012, 11:31 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
What with the reboot, it's unlikely Anodites, Eunice and the Sentient Ultimates even exist anymore.

15 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th October 2012, 12:49 am

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:What with the reboot, it's unlikely Anodites, Eunice and the Sentient Ultimates even exist anymore.

Don't be so sure. We are talking about changes in reality, not a reboot. You have seen Gwen, in one of the previews showing her new "nerdy look", turning into a mixture of her "Lucky Girl" costume and her Anodyte form. So that proves that Anodites still exist. Besides, this changes were made by Ben, and he's the kind of person who would never "eliminate" people; not even his worst enemies.

16 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th October 2012, 12:59 am

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:What with the reboot, it's unlikely Anodites, Eunice and the Sentient Ultimates even exist anymore.

Don't be so sure. We are talking about changes in reality, not a reboot. You have seen Gwen, in one of the previews showing her new "nerdy look", turning into a mixture of her "Lucky Girl" costume and her Anodyte form. So that proves that Anodites still exist. Besides, this changes were made by Ben, and he's the kind of person who would never "eliminate" people; not even his worst enemies.

But according to Derrick, Kevin isn't an Osmosian any more. Now, this could just be that Kevin is no longer part of that race, or otherwise Ben eliminated an entire planet of people.

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

But according to Derrick, Kevin isn't an Osmosian any more. Now, this could just be that Kevin is no longer part of that race, or otherwise Ben eliminated an entire planet of people.
The 5th series is a continuation of OV was confirmed at SDCC, the Ultimate forms will be back, so the Ultimate Sentients could be back.

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
mace23 wrote:
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

The 5th series is a continuation of OV was confirmed at SDCC, the Ultimate forms will be back, so the Ultimate Sentients could be back.

Whaa... Shocked
We're less than a season into Omniverse and they're already planning series 5? Are you sure about where you got your info? It doesn't seem right.

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
mace23 wrote:
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

Whaa... Shocked
We're less than a season into Omniverse and they're already planning series 5? Are you sure about where you got your info? It doesn't seem right.
divinerooseboost confirmed on DA

Herotaku

Human
Human
Matt Wayne said this is possible. He didn't say anything about a 5th series.

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

For Pete's sake, don't be ridiculous!! Haven't you ever heard about "don't believe everything you read"? That guy, Derrick, could be joking in some posts. Besides, you saw Kevin using his Osmosian powers in the first episode of Omniverse, while the trio was chasing Zombozo. In the best way, Kevin could no longer be an "acceptable" osmosioan. What do I mean? Well, since Kevin always turns nutso when he absorbs energy, maybe Ben modified Kevin when he recreated the universe, making him to lose the ability to absorb energy; that way, he will never turn into a psycho-mutant-monster again. However, Kevin will still have the ability to absorb matter. THAT would have more sense, don't you think?

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
Ursalink wrote:

For Pete's sake, don't be ridiculous!! Haven't you ever heard about "don't believe everything you read"? That guy, Derrick, could be joking in some posts. Besides, you saw Kevin using his Osmosian powers in the first episode of Omniverse, while the trio was chasing Zombozo. In the best way, Kevin could no longer be an "acceptable" osmosioan. What do I mean? Well, since Kevin always turns nutso when he absorbs energy, maybe Ben modified Kevin when he recreated the universe, making him to lose the ability to absorb energy; that way, he will never turn into a psycho-mutant-monster again. However, Kevin will still have the ability to absorb matter. THAT would have more sense, don't you think?

But he used his powers _before_ Ben reset the universe.
Now, in the original series, Kevin was considered to be a mutated human. Maybe he's gone back to that in Omniverse.

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
[quote="PrimordialBorscht"][quote="Ursalink"][quote="PrimordialBorscht"][quote="Ursalink"][quote="Lodestar's Advocate"]What with the reboot, it's unlikely Anodites, Eunice and the Sentient Ultimates even exist anymore.[/quote]

Don't be so sure. We are talking about changes in reality, not a reboot. You have seen Gwen, in one of the previews showing her new "nerdy look", turning into a mixture of her "Lucky Girl" costume and her Anodyte form. So that proves that Anodites still exist. Besides, this changes were made by Ben, and he's the kind of person who would never "eliminate" people; not even his worst enemies. [/quote]

But according to Derrick, Kevin isn't an Osmosian any more. Now, this could just be that Kevin is no longer part of that race, or otherwise Ben eliminated an entire planet of people. [/quote]

For Pete's sake, don't be ridiculous!! Haven't you ever heard about "don't believe everything you read"? That guy, Derrick, could be joking in some posts. Besides, you saw Kevin using his Osmosian powers in the first episode of Omniverse, while the trio was chasing Zombozo. In the best way, Kevin could no longer be an "acceptable" osmosioan. What do I mean? Well, since Kevin always turns nutso when he absorbs energy, maybe Ben modified Kevin when he recreated the universe, making him to lose the ability to absorb energy; that way, he will never turn into a psycho-mutant-monster again. However, Kevin will still have the ability to absorb matter. THAT would have more sense, don't you think?[/quote]

But he used his powers _before_ Ben reset the universe.
Now, in the original series, Kevin was considered to be a mutated human. Maybe he's gone back to that in Omniverse. [/quote]

Yes, that is the only logical option.

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Guys, seriously, use your brain. Ben 10 is a good series, and good series can't be just changed like that against logic and continuity anytime the writers want, because that remove sense and quality. Anodites still exist and Kevin is still an osmosian. (Well, actually, Kevin is a human/osmosian hybrid). After all the good times and stories in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, they just can't erased like it never happened. Ben could have changed some things in the universe unconsciously, but since he wanted to restore everything just the way it was, all the big stuff will stay the same. So, seriously, don't believe such a nonsense like suddenly Kevin is not an Osmosian anymore. Actually, he never was, because he's actually a HUMAN/OSMOSIAN HYBRID!!!

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
[quote="Ursalink"]Guys, seriously, use your brain. Ben 10 is a good series, and good series can't be just changed like that against logic and continuity anytime the writers want, because that remove sense and quality. Anodites still exist and Kevin is still an osmosian. (Well, actually, Kevin is a human/osmosian hybrid). After all the good times and stories in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, they just can't erased like it never happened. Ben could have changed some things in the universe unconsciously, but since he wanted to restore everything just the way it was, all the big stuff will stay the same. So, seriously, don't believe such a nonsense like suddenly Kevin is not an Osmosian anymore. Actually, he never was, because he's actually a HUMAN/OSMOSIAN HYBRID!!![/quote]

Derrick has said multiple times that there are no osmosians any more. They've gone back to the way things were before AF with Kevin being a mutant. Yes, the writers can change anything they want because they are the writers, if you don't like this change don't watch Omniverse.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum