Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 3rd December 2012, 7:16 pm

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
They're not exploring Ben taking off the Omnitrix in Omniverse, at least so far. If they ever do, it would be at the end of the Young Ben arc.

102 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 3rd December 2012, 7:36 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:About Ghostfreak, he was one of the original 10 aliens; then it gains its own consciousness and escape from the Omnitrix, becoming a new villain for Ben. It was destroyed, but then it was restored and destroyed again; but not before adding his DNA to the Omnitrix again, this time in his "real" form. In the time skip between the original series and Alien Force, Ghostfreak was removed from the Codon Stream and imprisoned in jail. After Vilgax freed him, Ben tries to reabsorb him back in the Omnitrix, but he ended being possessed; until Vilgax helped him to lock Ghostfreak again. After that, the original Omnitrix was destroyed and Ben got the Ultimatrix. With the Ultimatrix, in "The Ultimate Sacrifice", Ben used Ghosfreak shortly trying to escape from the Ultimates; and Ghostfreak was back in his original look, possibly without his evil persona. So can you explain me how is it possible that Ghostfreak return to be an inert alien form? I only find an explanation. When the original Omnitrix exploded, Ghostfreak's evil persona inside of it died (somehow); leaving then his basic DNA in the Codon Stream without anymore dangers of turning against Ben.

Whenever I think back to Ghostfreak in US it makes me incredibly sad.

Not because I thought that something was overlooked, it just reminds me of how good a writer the world lost with Mr. McDuffie.

You see, Ghostfreak in tUS wasn't inert, well, he was slightly, but if Ben hadn't transformed into who he did next, (was it Heatblast?) Ghostfreak would have probably taken over him, and had already started to fight against Ben the second he transformed.

Do you know why I think this.
Because Ben would not have immeadiatley tried to possess the Ultimates, he's never possessed anything before and it isn't in his nature or the tone with which he was setting that episode. It's in Zs'Skayr's nature however.

I'm not saying that it was Zs'Skayr who appeared, Ben would've noticed and Zs'Skayr would've had a different plan for dealing with the Ultimates. However I do believe that it was Ben being channelled by Zs'Skayr, and all this theory happens within 10 seconds of video.
You can say what you like about UAF, but every McDuffie episode was a Godsend.

103 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 3rd December 2012, 7:59 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:
You can say what you like about UAF, but every McDuffie episode was a Godsend.

Very true, and I miss the mans work on ben 10 I really do.

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

104 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 9th December 2012, 3:34 pm

painlee

Magister
Magister
the only problem whit OV i have so far is that we no longer we will have a dark episode similar to the falling star and that most adventure happen in Bellwood.

also i wonder if people will get killed.

105 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 9th December 2012, 11:33 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
painlee wrote:the only problem whit OV i have so far is that we no longer we will have a dark episode similar to the falling star and that most adventure happen in Bellwood.

also i wonder if people will get killed.

I agree with you I miss those eps to, and no i don't think anyone is in danger of that in omniverse.

106 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 11th December 2012, 7:54 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
I would like to see the dark semi-serious style from AF and UA back too.

I don't know you guys, but I think somehow, the "evolutionary function" of the Ultimatrix should return. You see, I can't avoid to think about the "useless" alien forms that Ben unlocked in "Outbreak": Walkatrout, Pesky Dust, Molestache and The Worst. Derrick J Wyatt said that they are not very practical, but I think that just depend of the situation. Anyway, I just read also from Derrick J Wyatt that there will thre new alien forms in "Malefactor": Murphybed, Turdberry and Brundlefoot. With such names, it makes me wonder if they will be also new members of Ben "useless alien form's list", along with the previous 4.

I was thinking, maybe if the "evolutionary function" of the Ultimatrix were used with these "apparently useless aliens", maybe they could become something cooler in the "alien superhero stuff". Since the Ultimatrix made them experience one million of years against the "worst possible future" to survive, I'm sure the aliens would have a cooler look in their "ultimate forms". For example, Walkatrout could evolve into something similar to Ripster, from the "Street Sharks".

What do you think?

107 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 11th December 2012, 8:06 pm

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:I would like to see the dark semi-serious style from AF and UA back too.

I don't know you guys, but I think somehow, the "evolutionary function" of the Ultimatrix should return. You see, I can't avoid to think about the "useless" alien forms that Ben unlocked in "Outbreak": Walkatrout, Pesky Dust, Molestache and The Worst. Derrick J Wyatt said that they are not very practical, but I think that just depend of the situation. Anyway, I just read also from Derrick J Wyatt that there will thre new alien forms in "Malefactor": Murphybed, Turdberry and Brundlefoot. With such names, it makes me wonder if they will be also new members of Ben "useless alien form's list", along with the previous 4.

I was thinking, maybe if the "evolutionary function" of the Ultimatrix were used with these "apparently useless aliens", maybe they could become something cooler in the "alien superhero stuff". Since the Ultimatrix made them experience one million of years against the "worst possible future" to survive, I'm sure the aliens would have a cooler look in their "ultimate forms". For example, Walkatrout could evolve into something similar to Ripster, from the "Street Sharks".

What do you think?

I could see an evolution function with an Omnitrix not made by azmuth but by Dr. Psychobos.

108 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 11th December 2012, 9:19 pm

verbomaniac

Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:I would like to see the dark semi-serious style from AF and UA back too.

What do you think?
Don't hold me to it, but I don't think that DJW was being serious about the three new aliens in Malefactor. Again I could be wrong, but those names don't seem practical.

109 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 11th December 2012, 11:18 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:
Anyway, I just read also from Derrick J Wyatt that there will three new alien forms in "Malefactor": Murphybed, Turdberry and Brundlefoot.

Murphybed, Turdberry and Brundlefoot.

Turdberry

Derrick is not a 100% information machine. He runs his formspring more as a community site to interact with the people and watch his show and share stupid jokes. In return, sometimes he releases information.

Also, don't return the ultimate function.If there is any gimmick ever introduced to sell toys, its that.
PD, Wt, TW and Ms will be used simply as accidental transformations and that works fine with the theme of the show.

110 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th December 2012, 12:39 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Yea the only way I see an evolution function making a comeback is if albedo or someone builds something else with one. Heck I'd just settle for more albedo I love his "I cause all my problems but blame ben " attitude.

111 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th December 2012, 1:38 am

painlee

Magister
Magister

What do you think?
well i call the useless Alien as citizen aliens wile the powers one as hero.

but i don't think Wyatt was serious on Murphybed, Turdberry and Brundlefoot.

112 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th December 2012, 2:53 pm

Sonic_Gamer

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
I think I know why they can't arrest Will Harangue. Because some of the officers are probably are on his payroll.

113 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 31st December 2012, 2:02 am

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
I have been thinking about something and I want to coment it to you. You see, there's a rule about superheroes that makes them always to have an "evil twin", "evil clone" or something like that. In short terms, is like an evil version of the hero. Until now, Ben has had some of those:
+ Kevin 11: Who had the powers of Ben's original aliens plus his own. He's now reformed, well, almost; because he still has some tendencies to "shameless scamp".
+ Albedo: Possibly the perfect "evil twin" for Ben, as he has all of Ben's powers but without a device like the Omnitrix; and the only way to differentiate him from Ben is the colors.
+ Khyber's dog: He uses the Nemetrix, which we could consider "the Omnitrix's nemesis", as he has the DNA of most of the natural predators of Ben's aliens.

It's a little tired having more than one "evil self", so I don't like having both Albedo and Khyber's Dog as enemies for Ben. I think Albedo suits better as "evil twin", so I think something should happen at the end of the arc about the Nemetrix and Khyber's Dog. According to Derrick J Wyatt, in spite of what he says, Khyber and his dog are not really "friends". I think we could consider that Khyber's Dog is loyal to his master only by fear, intimidation and that kind of stuff. So, just like with Kevin, maybe there's a chance to redeem Khyber's Dog. In the classic "final battle", I suspect Khyber's Dog will turn against Khyber to now obey Psychobos; possibly because a "modification" in the Nemetrix. In their final battle, Ben possibly damages the Nemetrix, which leaves the Dog unconsciously and free from Psychobos' control. Ironically, Ben has to save the dog from a danger or something and then focus on the main villains (Psychobos and Malvare). Then, in a very bad situation, the Dog helps Ben to defeat the villains at the end; and when the battle is over, the dog decides to stay with Ben as his new "master". Azmuth possibly modify the Nemetrix to be a little more "mild", irritating Psychobos even more, so the Dog joins Ben and Rook's team; and he will possibly gain a name from Ben. Something like... I don't know... Wildhound?

Honestly, I don't like the villains who hides in the shadows and let their "minions" to to all the job; so I think that losing his morphing dog could be the perfect excuse for Khyber to "increase his own power" and becoma a more capable villain by himself. Maybe like Kraven the Hunter, from Spiderman's adventures. Well, what do you think of this idea?

114 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 31st December 2012, 5:01 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Khyber is plenty competent. Li'l Seb joining Ben and Rook would pretty much suck.

Li'l Seb is not a new dark counterpart to Ben. The Nemetrix is, to the Omnitirx, but Seb is not one to Ben. We don't need a Paw Snout Turn for him.

Sonic_Gamer

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
I got a little prediction that If Lucy Mann does join Ben's team. She would most likely be most talkative and each time a team member gets annoyed by her talking he/she will tell her to be quiet.

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
I have been checking Derrick J Wyatt in "formspring" from time to time, and I have read some of his intentions for the show that I really don't like at all. Now I want to share them to you and see if you share my point of view. Basically, my problem is that they are turning the series too "cartonish" like in the original series; I miss the more serious attitude of AF and UA, missed with the some classic "teen drama". They are ruining some of the nicest things from AF and UA.

Let's see the most annoying changes:
+ The idea of making Kevin a mutant human again instead of an Osmosian is a big mistake. Eliminating the Osmosian part ruins lots of good elements from AF-UA. The first one is the story about the death of Kevin's dad at the hands of Ragnarok, the arc with Kevin's second mutation after hacking the Omnitrix would be affected too, and most importantly, the Aggregor arc that involves Kevin deeply; especially when he's temporarily a bad guy again and we discover more about his past. To me, there's no excuse to explain Kevin as an "Osmosian no more"; even Khyber said he's an Osmosian in one episode.
+ Eliminating Primus and the Codon Stream from continuity is also a stupidity. There's a lot of factors affected from the erasing of Primus. First of all, we have Vilgax's attack on Primus in the episode "Primus"; and also Ghostfreak's information that he gave to Vilgax in exchange of his freedom in "Ghost Town". The role of Primus in Azmuth's past (his love with Zennith) and the creation of Ascalon is also too important to be erased. And possibly most importantly, Primus has importance as the place where Eunice lives now; not to mention that it could also be the place where the Sentient Ultimates freed from the Ultimatrix live now. I found these reasons enough to consider the erase of Primus as a stupidity.
+ He said that, in case of bringing Charmcaster back, he would make her evil again and more similar to his original appearance in the first series. That's a stupidity. Charmcaster had a lot of character development in AF and UA, so it's ridiculous to turn her back to her "origins".
+ He also said that if Vilgax appears in Omniverse (which surely he will, as he has appeared in every single series until now as Ben's nemesis) he would have his apperance from the original series. That's ridiculous, I like more Vilgax in his "warrior look" than as cyborg. It has no sense to turn him back to that... Unless... That could be an explanation for Psyphon's desertion. I mean, Psyphon betrayed Vilgax, tried to kill him, and then he run away to be his own master.
+ Since I have mentioned Psyphon, I have to admit that I like his new status-quo. He makes me think about Starscream from "Transformers": a suck-up, liar and egomaniac villain who only serves his master until he has the chance to gain great power and destroy him. However, I'm a little disappointed because he's not as powerfull as I expected. I mean, OK, he has his own henchmen (Bubbles, Fistina and Liam); but I expected he would also have his own army with the return of the R.E.D.s, the robots he had in the videogame "Cosmic Destruction" and only appeared once in the animated series of "Ultimate Alien".
+ He wants to turn Ben's future just like the original "Ben 10000". That's unfair and stupid! After all we have seen, I don't want a future where Kevin is a villain again, Ben is extremely serious, and he's married with Kai. Counting all the series, Kevin has been a "nearly good guy" more time (episodes) than a villain; so it's ridiculous to turn him bad again after so many experiences. Ben has to be serious in his adult years, of course; but that doesn't mean he has to act as a "buzzkill" like the other Ben 10000 said. And considering how Ben and Kai's story was in the original series, I think he deserves a better mate for his future; and a better mother for his possible son, Kenny.
+ For Pete's sake!, Dr Animo had evolved to a much better villain in AF and UA than the "dangerous but stupid looking" villain from the original series. And now he's back with the ridiculous look again, adding bug's topic? If this isn't a mess, I don't know what it is.
+ They have also ruined Zombozo with his constant changes. I mean, first, he's somekind of "mystic demoniac clown". Then, he's a crazy lunatic just like Batman's Joker; and now he's a zombie dressed like a clown? Pick-up a topic and stay with it, for Pete's sake!!! I would have liked better a hybrid between his first and second design, like a Joker with real dar magic powers.
+ Sunder's new design is not bad, but they have made him too similar to Spiderman's Green Goblin now. The helmet and new voice is a little exaggerated, and after so many times being defeated after chasing Ben's Omnitrix, should he have added a clause in his contract to "avoid embarrasing encounters with Ben Tennyson"?
+ Another ruined villain is Trumbipulor. His design was way better in "Ultimate Alien" than in "Omniverse". Maybe he looked too much like an "humanoid elephant" in his first appearances, but it was way better than his new look; because more like an alien, he looks like an "unreal cartoon character". And that story about peanuts being the source of "Ultimate Power"... SERIOUSLY?!!!

I have more, but I better wait to some answers and opinions.

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Ursalink wrote:I have been checking Derrick J Wyatt in "formspring" from time to time, and I have read some of his intentions for the show that I really don't like at all. Now I want to share them to you and see if you share my point of view. Basically, my problem is that they are turning the series too "cartonish" like in the original series; I miss the more serious attitude of AF and UA, missed with the some classic "teen drama". They are ruining some of the nicest things from AF and UA.

Let's see the most annoying changes:
+ The idea of making Kevin a mutant human again instead of an Osmosian is a big mistake. Eliminating the Osmosian part ruins lots of good elements from AF-UA. The first one is the story about the death of Kevin's dad at the hands of Ragnarok, the arc with Kevin's second mutation after hacking the Omnitrix would be affected too, and most importantly, the Aggregor arc that involves Kevin deeply; especially when he's temporarily a bad guy again and we discover more about his past. To me, there's no excuse to explain Kevin as an "Osmosian no more"; even Khyber said he's an Osmosian in one episode.

I can live with most of the changes, hedge I can even work with Kevin going evil again (and I have the feeling he's already slowly heading back in that direction), but the 'not osmosian' thing is just...

It makes no sense!! 'Everyone just thinks he's an Osmosian' That's because he has Osmosian powers, reacts to things like an Osmosian does, and , by the way, his father was an Osmosian!! If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck, and it's father was a duck, apparently it's a cockatiel!! Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, but ever since I heard about this I've been trying to figure out how they could do it without ripping out a lot of backstory and character development for Kevin and it just doesn't work. At least not in any way I can figure, that doesn't involve some seriously cliche and, quite frankly, trite bullcarp.

Everything else I can shrug off as rule of funny or make work in my head (given Charmcaster was just starting to turn good when Mike screwed with her, I'm not surprised she'd end up regressing, plus, never really thought 'good' would be a thing for her), but that...

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:I have been checking Derrick J Wyatt in "formspring" from time to time, and I have read some of his intentions for the show that I really don't like at all. Now I want to share them to you and see if you share my point of view. Basically, my problem is that they are turning the series too "cartonish" like in the original series; I miss the more serious attitude of AF and UA, missed with the some classic "teen drama". They are ruining some of the nicest things from AF and UA.

I'm with you 100%. I've always seen blatant retcons as sloppy writing, and a great many of the changes as explained by mister waytt make it seem like they don't care about the emotional investment we have in these characters, and the stories that have come before. Mister Wyatt repeatedly says the ratings are better than ever since the start of omniverse, and uses that as a free pass on all the changes. Don't get me wrong they are their to make cartoons, and sell merchandise I get that, but I can't get over the feeling that "right now" is all that matters in omniverse.

Ursalink wrote:
+ Eliminating Primus and the Codon Stream from continuity is also a stupidity. There's a lot of factors affected from the erasing of Primus. First of all, we have Vilgax's attack on Primus in the episode "Primus"; and also Ghostfreak's information that he gave to Vilgax in exchange of his freedom in "Ghost Town". The role of Primus in Azmuth's past (his love with Zennith) and the creation of Ascalon is also too important to be erased. And possibly most importantly, Primus has importance as the place where Eunice lives now; not to mention that it could also be the place where the Sentient Ultimates freed from the Ultimatrix live now. I found these reasons enough to consider the erase of Primus as a stupidity.

Deleting primus was a waste of story potential.

Ursalink wrote:
+ He said that, in case of bringing Charmcaster back, he would make her evil again and more similar to his original appearance in the first series. That's a stupidity. Charmcaster had a lot of character development in AF and UA, so it's ridiculous to turn her back to her "origins".

Charmcaster to paraphrase Kevin "Isn't evil shes nuanced" She turned from the villans sidekick to a character of her own and truth be told id rather her not show up then get a startrek voyager style reboot button and be just a witch again.

Ursalink wrote:
+ Another ruined villain is Trumbipulor. His design was way better in "Ultimate Alien" than in "Omniverse". Maybe he looked too much like an "humanoid elephant" in his first appearances, but it was way better than his new look; because more like an alien, he looks like an "unreal cartoon character". And that story about peanuts being the source of "Ultimate Power"... SERIOUSLY?!!!

Peanuts are the key to supreme power for the elephant guy . . . . yea im with you on this.

You know I think I hit the nail on the head with the charmcaster bit Omniverse is the voyager of Ben 10 series. Lets hope the franchise doesn't end up in the gutter like trek was pre JJ abrums.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
...You guys DO know that all the changes are not ones Derrick is solely responsible for, that Dwayne was probably in on many of them, and that the OV team was hired explicitly to do this?

Just making sure.

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Second part.

I don't neither like the design of some alien forms in Omniverse. Mainly the fact of many of the "new ones" in AF and UA gaining clothes all of a sudden, and the symbol of the Omnitrix switching his position in each alien form. Dwayne McDuffie said that the Omnitrix symbol appearing in different parts of each Alien form was because of the Omnitrix's malfunction. Keeping the Omnitrix's symbol regularly in the chest was way better than this. There's also the size of the Omnitrix which each transformation. The Greymatter in the UA intro has the symbol of the Omnitrix adapted to his size; but now, in Omniverse, Greymatter has again a big Omnitrix's symbol in his back. If Weevil Ball and Nanomech keep the Omnitrix adapted to their tiny size; why does Greymatter not? It's ridiculous!! Well, about the aliens which new looks I don't like:

+ Diamondhead: After having it more time with the rock body than with clothes, now it's really weird to me seeing it again with clothes. I think it was better with the rock body at Chromastone's style. It was almost like a perfect combination of Diamondhead and Chromastone's powers; he even made me think about a possible "Ultimate Diamondhead". Now it's lame having it with clothes again.
+ Greymatter: Like I said before, I don't like it because having the Omnitrix not proportional with his body again. In "Ultimate Alien" intro, it was in his chest and according with his size, just like Nanomech; but now?, again having it bigger than himself and in his back. Lame!!
+ Fourarms: His new look as a muscle man at a circus with mustache is stupid, especially the moustache's part. After seeing Princess Looma and the other Tetramands, his previous look from AF-UA as a gladiator (or as Goro from "Mortal Kombat") would have fit better against Looma.
+ Ripjaws: After comparing it with Magister Patelliday, I don't find sense to turn it back to its original design. Its exaggerated jaws look silly compared to the ones of Patelliday.
+ Cannonbolt: This new design is really disturbing compared with his previous looks in the other series. I would have liked to maintain this one like in AF-UA.
+ Way Big: This is definitely an alien that they have ruined in Omniverse!! Not only by returning it to his original look, but also because (according to Derrick J Wyatt) they have removed his new abilities from AF-UA; like his cosmic rays and his superspeed. They have ruined Ben's most powerful alien, considering he can't use Alien X as much as he would like.
+ Big Chill: His new muscular build has ruined this alien, because it gives him a new "macho men" appearance; and that ruins the style of an "hermaphrodite" alien that is able to lay eggs by itself. And his new "hood mode" makes him look stupidly deformed, like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Way better was his AF-UA form, it was spooky but in a balanced way.
+ Humungousaur: Not only bugs me that this alien now has clothes and the nose moved, but also the fact that having the Omnitrix over those clothes and and having lose his growth's ability.
+ Spidermonkey: Again, the clothes, especially the two green sashes going across his chest where the Omnitrix is; something stole from Fourarms' previous design, who ironically has four arms like Spidermonkey. This new alien has also been greatly ruined because of his new face, with six tiny bug eyes and now looking like a "chimp-punk". It was way better in AF-UA.
+ Water Hazard: His Omniverse's design is scarily ridiculous. I can't imagine Aggregor wanting to have a look like this, even with the ultimate power. If at least his new barnacles serve him to shoot water through them, like the ones from his hands; then it could be an acceptable design perfect to be the "ultimate fireman".
+ NRG: OK, I have to admit that I like NRG's new ability to come out of his armor, having his full potential, and having the Omnitrix as a "minor containment suit" in his true form. Honestly, I was suspecting something like this since Ben's gained this form. However, I don't like NRG's new armor because it seems way heavier and "old tech" than the armor from AF-UA.
+ Shocksquatch: Honestly, to make such a radical change in its design from the crossover with "Generator Rex" to "Omniverse", it would have been much better not to show this alien in the crossover in the first place. OK, mayeb it can be explained because it was unlocked in another dimension and that's why it looked so different back there.
+ Eatle: OK, I have to admit this new design is way better design and more according to his name ("Eat" + "Beetle"). But yet, this is a completely different look that makes people turn dizzy because of being so different from one series to the other. They should have used the Omniverse's design in the first place for UA.
+ Jury Rigg: Again, the problem with the clothes coming from nowhere; but also the fact that his eyes, unlike most of alien forms, had pupils. Pupils were much better for Spidermonkey than for this guy. His aviator's look is a reference to the legend of Gremlins breaking planes, obviosly; but I found this as a ridiculous reference to the famous "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" from "The Twilight Zone".

I have one more part of these comments about the whole changes and stuff.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Woah there calm your tatas.

"Omnitrix being in different places and having clothes was a glitch" was a retcon brought upon by the UAF team.

"Omnitrix being in one place and having naked aliens was a glitch" is a retcon brought upon by the OV team.

There is absolutely no reason to grant more credence to the first retcon than to the latter. Not a single one. Especially since the new added clothes and variations in location make the designs much more interesting.

If all those clothes came out of nowhere, guess what! All the aliens being naked also came out of nowhere. So really, a faulty argument. (Critics of Omniverse are full of them, it seems)

Also, you can't just say "Lame" as an entire reason.

Also, are you actually saying UA Ripjaws was better? Seriously?
lmfao not taking u srsly evr agn

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:...You guys DO know that all the changes are not ones Derrick is solely responsible for, that Dwayne was probably in on many of them, and that the OV team was hired explicitly to do this?

Just making sure.

Do you honestly thing after watching UAF that OV would have been done 100% this way where Dwayne still with us?

123 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 7th January 2013, 10:01 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
datdude wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:...You guys DO know that all the changes are not ones Derrick is solely responsible for, that Dwayne was probably in on many of them, and that the OV team was hired explicitly to do this?

Just making sure.

Do you honestly thing after watching UAF that OV would have been done 100% this way where Dwayne still with us?

No I don't thing that. I do however, think that Dwayne's presence wouldn't have changed many of these changes.

124 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 7th January 2013, 10:08 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
datdude wrote:

Just making sure.

No I don't thing that. I do however, think that Dwayne's presence wouldn't have changed many of these changes.

AT the very least things would have been better executed with Dwayne around. Bens personality change from AF to UA gets touched on more that once for example. Dwayne didn't just CHANGE things he explained the changes and made them make SENSE. Its better story telling then "yea forget that episode it never happened."

125 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 7th January 2013, 10:19 pm

AustinHolt2022

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
datdude wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
datdude wrote:

Just making sure.

AT the very least things would have been better executed with Dwayne around. Bens personality change from AF to UA gets touched on more that once for example. Dwayne didn't just CHANGE things he explained the changes and made them make SENSE. Its better story telling then "yea forget that episode it never happened."

...UAF did that all the time, though.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum