Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

151 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th January 2013, 1:02 pm

GagaFan

Human
Human
AM SO HOPING ROOK DIES. HE IS SOOOO BORING AND WORST CHARACTER IN OMNIVERSE. SERUSLY. THEY GET RID OF GWEN (Gwen) AND KEVIN (Kevin) FOR THIS GUY?

WHAT A JOKE. POOR POOR JOB @ BEN 10 GUYS. ALSO JUST SEEN UPCOMING EPISODE DESCRPTIONS..... ARE THE WRITERS HAVING A LAUGH???? I MEAN COME ON THIS IS JUST GETTING A JOKE NOW. OMNIVERSE SO RUBBISH. ONLY GOOD THING R SO MANY ALENS, KHYBERS, MALWARES AND PSYCHOBOS.

152 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th January 2013, 2:12 pm

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
GagaFan wrote:AM SO HOPING ROOK DIES. HE IS SOOOO BORING AND WORST CHARACTER IN OMNIVERSE. SERUSLY. THEY GET RID OF GWEN (Gwen) AND KEVIN (Kevin) FOR THIS GUY?

I don't know about that. I mean, I do miss Kevin, and Gwen to a lesser extent (honestly I'd rather see more Cooper and Julie than her, but then that's me), but I like Rook. He's a refreshing change of pace for me, and absolutely adorkable. I enjoy watching him, learning more about him and his species, and watching him learn.

I'm just hoping we don't get him and Cooper in the same scene or I may die of fangirlish squeal. Smile

153 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th January 2013, 6:59 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Kariachi wrote:
GagaFan wrote:AM SO HOPING ROOK DIES. HE IS SOOOO BORING AND WORST CHARACTER IN OMNIVERSE. SERUSLY. THEY GET RID OF GWEN (Gwen) AND KEVIN (Kevin) FOR THIS GUY?

I don't know about that. I mean, I do miss Kevin, and Gwen to a lesser extent (honestly I'd rather see more Cooper and Julie than her, but then that's me), but I like Rook. He's a refreshing change of pace for me, and absolutely adorkable. I enjoy watching him, learning more about him and his species, and watching him learn.

I'm just hoping we don't get him and Cooper in the same scene or I may die of fangirlish squeal. Smile

Yeah! Very Happy Rook is the best, I'm watch the series more or less for him and the new trio of villains.

154 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th January 2013, 9:28 pm

painlee

Magister
Magister

WHAT A JOKE. POOR POOR JOB @ BEN 10 GUYS. ALSO JUST SEEN UPCOMING EPISODE DESCRPTIONS..... ARE THE WRITERS HAVING A LAUGH???? I MEAN COME ON THIS IS JUST GETTING A JOKE NOW. OMNIVERSE SO RUBBISH. ONLY GOOD THING R SO MANY ALENS, KHYBERS, MALWARES AND PSYCHOBOS.

oh ,jeez wtf is wrong whit Rook ,he is a great character.

155 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th January 2013, 11:32 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber

As one of the more vocal people that don't like omniverse, please calm down. I know DJW is off putting and the show seems to be discarding a lot of what made uaf great, but please just shouting about home much it sucks doesn't help anyone. Im giving the show another shot myself as a matter of principle, I suggest you do the same.

http://boldpueblo.com/users/kynn/private/Dwayne-Comic-02.jpg

This just kind of says is all now doesn't it.

156 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th January 2013, 11:47 pm

GagaFan

Human
Human
datdude wrote:

As one of the more vocal people that don't like omniverse, please calm down. I know DJW is off putting and the show seems to be discarding a lot of what made uaf great, but please just shouting about home much it sucks doesn't help anyone. Im giving the show another shot myself as a matter of principle, I suggest you do the same.

You right.
Am sorry. I agree with youtoo. Just been upset with show, really gone back in time (not sure right way of saying? show not go forward, go back. not progress, opposite of that) it like no more story, just comedy situiation with stuff built around it.

I try to giv it chance and i like khyber and the proper threatening villains but so much is so bad but ur right no point shoutung about it coz who cars lol. just my thoughts and thats all i just used ot be really passionate about the show am really upset that it has ended for me. sorry again

157 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th January 2013, 11:55 pm

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
GagaFan wrote:
datdude wrote:

You right.
Am sorry. I agree with youtoo. Just been upset with show, really gone back in time (not sure right way of saying? show not go forward, go back. not progress, opposite of that) it like no more story, just comedy situiation with stuff built around it.

I try to giv it chance and i like khyber and the proper threatening villains but so much is so bad but ur right no point shoutung about it coz who cars lol. just my thoughts and thats all i just used ot be really passionate about the show am really upset that it has ended for me. sorry again

No problem

158 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 18th January 2013, 2:03 am

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
Rook just isn't doing anything for me either. I still have yet to see him do anything that will make him seem like anything more than a device to play-up Ben's arrogance and get Ben to deliver some 'funny' lines.

I didn't think I would, but I gotta be honest, I really miss Gwen and Kevin. With those guys, I really felt like there was a connection between the main characters, and therefore I was emotionally invested in them. With Rook, it just seems like Ben's got no one else to hang out with anymore so he's just spending time with Rook so he doesn't feel alone. Again, it just feels like Rook is a device, and not an interesting, dynamic character.

Is he popular with you guys? Whenever I go to the store it's normally just racks of his figure left on the shelves.

159 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 18th January 2013, 2:13 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Lukey wrote:Rook just isn't doing anything for me either. I still have yet to see him do anything that will make him seem like anything more than a device to play-up Ben's arrogance and get Ben to deliver some 'funny' lines.

I didn't think I would, but I gotta be honest, I really miss Gwen and Kevin. With those guys, I really felt like there was a connection between the main characters, and therefore I was emotionally invested in them. With Rook, it just seems like Ben's got no one else to hang out with anymore so he's just spending time with Rook so he doesn't feel alone. Again, it just feels like Rook is a device, and not an interesting, dynamic character.

Is he popular with you guys? Whenever I go to the store it's normally just racks of his figure left on the shelves.

I'd like my characters to have flaws, and rook doesn't seem to have any. I think i could relate to him more if his character was a bit more nuanced like that.

Right now it feels like grandpa max put an android into babysitter mode to keep an eye on ben.

160 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 18th January 2013, 2:23 am

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:

I'd like my characters to have flaws, and rook doesn't seem to have any. I think i could relate to him more if his character was a bit more nuanced like that.

Right now it feels like grandpa max put an android into babysitter mode to keep an eye on ben.

I think you've just put your finger on what I couldn't figure out. You're damn right, he has no (apparent or interesting) flaws.

I guess he seemed to work well on paper and as a concept opposite Ben to the writers, but as a 3-dimensional character, he's pretty weak. I really hope he goes places soon.

161 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 18th January 2013, 2:24 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
datdude wrote:
Lukey wrote:Rook just isn't doing anything for me either. I still have yet to see him do anything that will make him seem like anything more than a device to play-up Ben's arrogance and get Ben to deliver some 'funny' lines.

He does have flaws. He seems to take things personally (see: Vreedles) We still don't know why he left his homeworld. Which means he probably ran, because he did something bad. He deserted hisfamily. He tends to be unimaginative and rely too much on rules. Etcetera.

162 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 18th January 2013, 2:32 am

datdude

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
He does have flaws. He seems to take things personally (see: Vreedles)

Rooks most relatable moment in 17 episodes. can you can any more times his temper got the best of him?

We still don't know why he left his homeworld. Which means he probably ran, because he did something bad. He deserted hisfamily.

This is all guss work and doesn't reflect any kind of character flaw that would make Rook relatable to me or anyone else.

He tends to be unimaginative and rely too much on rules. Etcetera.

Thats because hes character begins and ends with the "straightman" trope again nothing thats going to for lack of a better work humanize this guy to anyone.

163 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th February 2013, 1:47 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/425374926896120879

Astrodactyl appears in Rad. I'm 70% sure of it.

164 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th February 2013, 2:07 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Sebastian13 wrote:http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/425374926896120879

Astrodactyl appears in Rad. I'm 70% sure of it.

I'm not sure who Cheshire P on formspring is, but I know that she(?) is a personal friend of Derrick or in some way involved in the show. She (?) gave a hint that Astrodactyl would appear in an episode to do with a duck, and seeing as there is a duck character called Rad Dudesman coming up...yeah, I think that we should start marking our calenders.

165 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th February 2013, 7:25 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Kevin might end up owning both the dog and the Nemetrix, absorbing in the case of the Nemetrix (assuming it won't get destroyed, which it won't, more aliens = more toys)...and that might lead to Kevin's demise as a good guy for at least a season.

Last edited by Sebastian13 on 1st March 2013, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

166 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th February 2013, 7:33 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Sebastian13 wrote:Kevin might end up owning both the dog and the Nemetrix (assuming it won't ge destroyed, which it won't, more aliens = more toys)...and that might lead to Kevin's demise as a good guy for at least a season.

No way. That's not a good reason. Being a "bad guy" is not the same that being a "wild guy". The Nemetrix is not evil and it doesn't corrupt you into doing evil; it's just "extremely feral", making you acting like a wild animal.

167 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th February 2013, 7:51 pm

ultraalien

Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:
Sebastian13 wrote:Kevin might end up owning both the dog and the Nemetrix (assuming it won't ge destroyed, which it won't, more aliens = more toys)...and that might lead to Kevin's demise as a good guy for at least a season.

No way. That's not a good reason. Being a "bad guy" is not the same that being a "wild guy". The Nemetrix is not evil and it doesn't corrupt you into doing evil; it's just "extremely feral", making you acting like a wild animal.
Even if Kevin does hold the nemetrix he would not be able use it.

168 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th February 2013, 8:13 pm

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Ursalink wrote:

Not the point, the Nemetrix's predators are made to be enemies of Ben's aliens. Its concept begs it to be used for evil aka against Ben.

169 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 17th February 2013, 9:07 pm

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
The Nemetrix is too good of a concept to be thrown away already. I really want to see it properly utilised within a story! With scarier, better predators. Crabdozer and Terrorantula (or whatever he's called) are, in my opinion, the best, because they look the most fearsome. Ahhh, I can only dream of what designs the OS guys could have come up with.

170 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 18th February 2013, 2:38 am

Kariachi

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
Lukey wrote:The Nemetrix is too good of a concept to be thrown away already. I really want to see it properly utilised within a story! With scarier, better predators. Crabdozer and Terrorantula (or whatever he's called) are, in my opinion, the best, because they look the most fearsome. Ahhh, I can only dream of what designs the OS guys could have come up with.

I like Slamworm personally, but then I'm a Tremors freak...

171 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 18th February 2013, 4:47 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:The Nemetrix is too good of a concept to be thrown away already. I really want to see it properly utilised within a story! With scarier, better predators. Crabdozer and Terrorantula (or whatever he's called) are, in my opinion, the best, because they look the most fearsome. Ahhh, I can only dream of what designs the OS guys could have come up with.

Personally, I don't think they'd have done a real good job? Think about it. The only real monsters they made that I can recall are the Krakken, the Null Guardian, and those things from Grudge Match. The latter two were just boring Wildmutt variants. The Krakken is cool, but he's alone in that.

The ones we have now are all pretty great. Except maybe Hypnotick.

I do wish some of the UAF monsters were in it though! Namely Root Sharks.

172 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 18th February 2013, 1:15 pm

Lukey

Plumber
Plumber
Personally, I don't think they'd have done a real good job? Think about it. The only real monsters they made that I can recall are the Krakken, the Null Guardian, and those things from Grudge Match. The latter two were just boring Wildmutt variants. The Krakken is cool, but he's alone in that.

Well, I mean, when I saw Feedback I instantly felt like it was a very 'Ben 10' design. I later learned that this was because it was designed by the same guy who designed many of the OS aliens. So that's what I mean about those guys tackling a Nemetrix alien or two.

173 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 18th February 2013, 5:55 pm

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
Lukey wrote:

Well, I mean, when I saw Feedback I instantly felt like it was a very 'Ben 10' design. I later learned that this was because it was designed by the same guy who designed many of the OS aliens. So that's what I mean about those guys tackling a Nemetrix alien or two.

Derrick said at one point that only Tom Perkins could bring justice to Alien Fusions, and considering that Ben 10,000 Biomnitrix is on the horizon, it is very possible that we will be seeing some more of his work in Omniverse.

Here is his concept art of Feedback btw, if you haven't seen it.
http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Ben10-Omniverse-Feedback-Alien-design-307328931

174 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 28th February 2013, 9:48 pm

Hawkeye & Hulk

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
I believe that there will be a Gwen/Kevin episode where Khyber comes to get his dog back. But in the end, the dog chooses Kevin. Kevin names her. And the dog has the Nemetrix. Honestly, it just seems like it will be that way.

175 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 28th February 2013, 10:13 pm

AustinHolt2022

Plumber Trainee
Plumber Trainee
In my opinion, Kevin will absorb the Nemetrix eventually. Since Kevin has Khyber's (former) dog now, it just seems like a likely conclusion.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum