Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Ursalink wrote:Guys, seriously, use your brain. Ben 10 is a good series, and good series can't be just changed like that against logic and continuity anytime the writers want, because that remove sense and quality. Anodites still exist and Kevin is still an osmosian. (Well, actually, Kevin is a human/osmosian hybrid). After all the good times and stories in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, they just can't erased like it never happened. Ben could have changed some things in the universe unconsciously, but since he wanted to restore everything just the way it was, all the big stuff will stay the same. So, seriously, don't believe such a nonsense like suddenly Kevin is not an Osmosian anymore. Actually, he never was, because he's actually a HUMAN/OSMOSIAN HYBRID!!!

Derrick has said multiple times that there are no osmosians any more. They've gone back to the way things were before AF with Kevin being a mutant. Yes, the writers can change anything they want because they are the writers, if you don't like this change don't watch Omniverse.

I have heard that he said the same about the Anodites, but the preview showing Gwen turning into "Anodite Lucky Girl" proves that's false!!! And if things would be turned back to the original series, Gwen's energy spells should be blue instead of pink. And no, writers can't change anything they want, because if they do it and fans don't like the result, then the series lose its audience and it can be cancelled. And if it's a big fiasco, the writers can lose their jobs. Every job has its rules, guys.

ZeroRecoil

Plumber
Plumber
[quote="Ursalink"][quote="ZeroRecoil"][quote="Ursalink"]Guys, seriously, use your brain. Ben 10 is a good series, and good series can't be just changed like that against logic and continuity anytime the writers want, because that remove sense and quality. Anodites still exist and Kevin is still an osmosian. (Well, actually, Kevin is a human/osmosian hybrid). After all the good times and stories in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, they just can't erased like it never happened. Ben could have changed some things in the universe unconsciously, but since he wanted to restore everything just the way it was, all the big stuff will stay the same. So, seriously, don't believe such a nonsense like suddenly Kevin is not an Osmosian anymore. Actually, he never was, because he's actually a HUMAN/OSMOSIAN HYBRID!!![/quote]

Derrick has said multiple times that there are no osmosians any more. They've gone back to the way things were before AF with Kevin being a mutant. Yes, the writers can change anything they want because they are the writers, if you don't like this change don't watch Omniverse.[/quote]

I have heard that he said the same about the Anodites, but the preview showing Gwen turning into "Anodite Lucky Girl" proves that's false!!! And if things would be turned back to the original series, Gwen's energy spells should be blue instead of pink. And no, writers can't change anything they want, because if they do it and fans don't like the result, then the series lose its audience and it can be cancelled. And if it's a big fiasco, the writers can lose their jobs. Every job has its rules, guys. [/quote]

Who says its Anodite Gwen. Its just Gwen using mana powers. and just because she was pink doesn't mean that she has to be an anodite either. She's using conventional magic, its just pink now.

Finally, of course the show could get pulled. However we are not the target audience. The target audience are kids younger than us and they aren't going to care, to be honest. The show is airing now and the people in the top boxes are happy with the ratings. Even if you could convince all of us here to stop watching we would have so little impact compared to millions of other watchers around the globe.

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Ursalink wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Ursalink wrote:Guys, seriously, use your brain. Ben 10 is a good series, and good series can't be just changed like that against logic and continuity anytime the writers want, because that remove sense and quality. Anodites still exist and Kevin is still an osmosian. (Well, actually, Kevin is a human/osmosian hybrid). After all the good times and stories in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, they just can't erased like it never happened. Ben could have changed some things in the universe unconsciously, but since he wanted to restore everything just the way it was, all the big stuff will stay the same. So, seriously, don't believe such a nonsense like suddenly Kevin is not an Osmosian anymore. Actually, he never was, because he's actually a HUMAN/OSMOSIAN HYBRID!!!

Derrick has said multiple times that there are no osmosians any more. They've gone back to the way things were before AF with Kevin being a mutant. Yes, the writers can change anything they want because they are the writers, if you don't like this change don't watch Omniverse.

I have heard that he said the same about the Anodites, but the preview showing Gwen turning into "Anodite Lucky Girl" proves that's false!!! And if things would be turned back to the original series, Gwen's energy spells should be blue instead of pink. And no, writers can't change anything they want, because if they do it and fans don't like the result, then the series lose its audience and it can be cancelled. And if it's a big fiasco, the writers can lose their jobs. Every job has its rules, guys.

Who says its Anodite Gwen. Its just Gwen using mana powers. and just because she was pink doesn't mean that she has to be an anodite either. She's using conventional magic, its just pink now.

Finally, of course the show could get pulled. However we are not the target audience. The target audience are kids younger than us and they aren't going to care, to be honest. The show is airing now and the people in the top boxes are happy with the ratings. Even if you could convince all of us here to stop watching we would have so little impact compared to millions of other watchers around the globe.

I don't believe Derrick said anything about Anodites, just Osmosians. And like Recoil said, sadly the Higher Ups at CN don't care as much about the older fans of the show as they do about the younger majority that watches it.

Now, about the reboot. The Omniverse crew was given several tasks by the higher ups at CN. One of them was to smooth out the rather complex continuity, which is natural for a show to develop after 3 series and several movies. While I am a very big fan of AF/UA I do have to admit that it was getting rather tricky to keep track of. Omniverse's new reconstruction of the universe is a good way to remove and alter some aspects of the show so that it stays consistent.

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
This is going to be my last comment about it, because I don't to start a debate.

The series can be directed to young kids mainly, but even so, all kids grow to teenagers and adult. Nowadays, "Ben 10 Omniverse" can have a young audience who maybe have never seen episodes from the previous series. But even so, since now kids can learn very fast to use internet and other stuff, they can see the past episodes and learn everything about Ben 10's universe. And if they notice strange changes in continuity like making Anodites suddenly cease to exist, they can quickly lost interest into a nonsense if they are bugged enough. Kids are not as simple and silly as you think, trust me. When I was a kid, I used to be a big fan of the Might Morphin Power Rangers, but as time passed, I got sick that they changed powers, suits, zords and stuff constantly. (And I'm not the only who thought in that way). I'm still fan of the Power Rangers, but I'm not so impressed anymore; except when they make special episodes with members of the three first seasons. Anyway, kids are not as dumb as adults think, so they have to be careful with what they do in the series. One bad step, and it can cost them very much.

I assure you that he said about the Anodites too. It was in the old Dwayne McDuffie forums, before they were closed. I don't remember exactly where in the forums, but it was said too because I remember to have said that was ridiculous when I heard it the first time. So, don't be so sure about that thing of erasing the Osmosians, because it has no logic to do it. That would mean the erase of one of Ben's greatest enemies, Aggregor; and I'm sure that's a big NO for the franchise. Besides, why is it so hard to follow the fact that aliens have childrens with humans and they inherited the cool powers? As if it was never used before.

Who said that was Anodite Gwen? I keep saying that's a MIXTURE between Gwen's Anodite form and her Lucky Girl's costume. My theory is that Gwen has found a way to access a great part of her Anodite powers (but not all of them) without going full Anodite, reducing that way the risk of losing control of herself like in Alien Force ("War of Worlds Part 2"). Dwayne McDuffie said it was too risky for Gwen to use her Anodite form. Just look at her Anodite features: Her hair turns into hair of pink light, her skin turns purple and her eyes bright in white-pink light. However, unlike her full Anodite form, she still wears clothes, her skin doesn't bright purple and she keeps facial features (nose and mouth with lips). My opinion is that is somekind of "middle step" between her human and Anodite forms, getting increased mana powers and remaining human control. I guess we can compare it with Kevin's second mutation, when his Osmosian DNA was "increased" by the Omnitrix, turning him into something similar to the absorving man with different materials assimilated. Don't you think this have more sense?

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:
Ursalink wrote:
ZeroRecoil wrote:

I don't believe Derrick said anything about Anodites, just Osmosians. And like Recoil said, sadly the Higher Ups at CN don't care as much about the older fans of the show as they do about the younger majority that watches it.

Now, about the reboot. The Omniverse crew was given several tasks by the higher ups at CN. One of them was to smooth out the rather complex continuity, which is natural for a show to develop after 3 series and several movies. While I am a very big fan of AF/UA I do have to admit that it was getting rather tricky to keep track of. Omniverse's new reconstruction of the universe is a good way to remove and alter some aspects of the show so that it stays consistent.

It's kinda laughable, I'm excited when the new B10 crew for series 6 comes along and decides too reboot the show again and alter it the way they want just like the OV crew did, that'll fix everything...,

OV is like AF season 3 or at least what people who thought it was a downgrade from the Highbreed season.

Grandpa Max adds nothing too the show despite being a recurring character

Rook is just there too be Ben's babysitter

The underground city does nothing for this show other then too have more space too blast things, there's no exploration of alien culture despite a setting that gives potential too.

The voice acting is really annoying

31 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th October 2012, 10:46 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Yeah, mace23. How dare the show not explore the specifics of Undertown life and give Max relevant roles in four episodes?????????????????? OUTRAGEOUS.

Seriously.
Shut up.

Gwen did nothing in UAF but be the team mom, and she wasn't nearly as cool as Rook, who doesn't even remotely fit the role of babysitter. Max did all of nothing in UAF. Not a thing. And it -never- cared about exploring or even showing alien culture. So really.

Shut up.

@Ursalink. He's not an Osmosian period, he is a mutant human. Osmosians aren't all gone, Kevin just isn't one.

32 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th October 2012, 11:24 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Yeah, mace23. How dare the show not explore the specifics of Undertown life and give Max relevant roles in four episodes?????????????????? OUTRAGEOUS.

Seriously.
Shut up.

Gwen did nothing in UAF but be the team mom, and she wasn't nearly as cool as Rook, who doesn't even remotely fit the role of babysitter. Max did all of nothing in UAF. Not a thing. And it -never- cared about exploring or even showing alien culture. So really.

Shut up.

@Ursalink. He's not an Osmosian period, he is a mutant human. Osmosians aren't all gone, Kevin just isn't one.
Someone's a little defensive, I didn't mention OS/AF/UA in my post so I'm not sure why your bringing them up.

Whether OS/AF/UA is better or worse is not the issue in my impression of OV,as a clean new series just like I would judge any other action show ex AEMH,USM,Batb,ATLA,YJ.

If it gets better in future episodes like AEMH, YJ or Avatar that had lackluster starts, then great.

But that's not the issue, the issue is my general opinion, my general impression of OV in general, of the first episodes, mediocre.

Also that "Shut up" response is seriously rude, whether on the internet or in person.

33 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th October 2012, 11:52 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Except you began your post by saying that after OV the series would have to fix itself, ie go back to what you like.

If you're saying dumb things shut up is an appropriate response. Dwi.jpeg

34 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 12th October 2012, 11:58 pm

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Except you began your post by saying that after OV the series would have to fix itself, ie go back to what you like.

I suggested another universal series reboot would take place after OV, I never said it'd go back to what I like. I can't say because I have no idea who the new crew for B10 series 6 would be but I think they'd opt for a reboot too freshen up the show for the new audience watching in... 2015.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
mace23 wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Except you began your post by saying that after OV the series would have to fix itself, ie go back to what you like.

I suggested another universal series reboot would take place after OV, I never said it'd go back to what I like. I can't say because I have no idea who the new crew for B10 series 6 would be but I think they'd opt for a reboot too freshen up the show for the new audience watching in... 2015.

More like 2016, I think. Omniverse is the longest series to date, and there is possibility for more episodes.

Anyway, I never said that what you said about rebooting was dumb, though it is nonsensical. I'm saying that it irritates me that you're prattling off about things that don't make sense. Max is a regularly occurring character. He's been in all episodes so far, but he's strictly background mentor material for older Ben. How is his lack of contributions to the plot something you can criticize in four episodes? You're talking like we have any way to judge things like that so early on.

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
mace23 wrote:

More like 2016, I think. Omniverse is the longest series to date, and there is possibility for more episodes.

Anyway, I never said that what you said about rebooting was dumb, though it is nonsensical. I'm saying that it irritates me that you're prattling off about things that don't make sense. Max is a regularly occurring character. He's been in all episodes so far, but he's strictly background mentor material for older Ben. How is his lack of contributions to the plot something you can criticize in four episodes? You're talking like we have any way to judge things like that so early on.

LA is right, we cannot even begin to judge Omniverse off of only four episodes. I'm liking it a lot so far, but even if you aren't don't give up on it so quickly. I would recommend watching until at least the end of the second season before "giving up" or declaring it un-watchable.

Oh, and about the alien culture thing. Derrick mentioned sometime in the summer (August I think it was) that there would be an episode about aliens and nakedness. I'm pretty sure that that is going to be an interesting exploration of alien culture.

mace23

Plumber
Plumber
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
mace23 wrote:

LA is right, we cannot even begin to judge Omniverse off of only four episodes. I'm liking it a lot so far, but even if you aren't don't give up on it so quickly. I would recommend watching until at least the end of the second season before "giving up" or declaring it un-watchable.

Oh, and about the alien culture thing. Derrick mentioned sometime in the summer (August I think it was) that there would be an episode about aliens and nakedness. I'm pretty sure that that is going to be an interesting exploration of alien culture.

I hear you PB but four episodes is a lot too judge on, Mainly because I think it takes a lot of work too make just one episode, dozens of scenes too digest. "Jolt from the Past" was so bland, the plot points like the Megawyatts were really childish and the goth punks weren't impressive, the entire story reminded me way too much of Generator Rex. Honestly I came away from all these episodes the exact same way, lukewarm.

I'm a busy student, and true if a show doesn't impress me within the first 6 to 10 episodes I'll call it quits.

LA

I never said things didn't make sense, I just said the premise, supporting characters and character dynamics they've shown haven't drastically impressed me so far.

PrimordialBorscht

Plumber
Plumber
mace23 wrote:
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
mace23 wrote:

I hear you PB but four episodes is a lot too judge on, Mainly because I think it takes a lot of work too make just one episode, dozens of scenes too digest. "Jolt from the Past" was so bland, the plot points like the Megawyatts were really childish and the goth punks weren't impressive, the entire story reminded me way too much of Generator Rex. Honestly I came away from all these episodes the exact same way, lukewarm.

I'm a busy student, and true if a show doesn't impress me within the first 6 to 10 episodes I'll call it quits.

LA

I never said things didn't make sense, I just said the premise, supporting characters and character dynamics they've shown haven't drastically impressed me so far.

Yeah, I understand. Sorry about the comment on watching it for longer. I completely get that. You mentioned Generator Rex, I could not stand that show at all. I tried to like it but it was just so disappointing. You shouldn't have to force yourself through a series if you don't like it.
I don't know, I'm with you on not having to watch it if it doesn't impress you. Maybe stick around for a couple more episodes? Perhaps the show hasn't gotten steady on its legs yet. Or let it go for a few months and then check back later to see if any of the episodes released during that time were good? It's your choice though, you shouldn't have to suffer through a series if you truly don't like it.

Sebastian13

Omnitrix Wielder
Omnitrix Wielder
Guys, guys, it's just a cartoon, don't fight! Smile

hafje

Human
Human
Sebastian13 wrote:Guys, guys, it's just a cartoon, don't fight! Smile
Peace, be like Pax guys Smile

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Guys, I just have a creepy suspiction about Khyber. You see, I recently watch more closely the scene from "The More Things Change" showing his spaceship, with all his previous "thropies". And I just realized something horrible about some of them. You see, between the thropies, I recognize these things:

- A skeleton of an Appoplexian (Rath's species).
- The empty shell of a Geochelone Aerio (Terraspin's species). Makes you wonder why Khyber would hunt this species, when they are pacifists and not extremely powerful, like Galapagus. They don't seem a big "challenge" for a "great huntsman".
- The head of a "Crabdozer" (Heatblast's predator). I guess Khyber added its DNA to the Nemetrix's list after hunting and killing it.
- On the floor, you can see the skin/coat of a Vulpimancer (Wildmutt's species) as a rug. You know, like humans do with bears, tigers... etc.
- The skull of a Vaxasaurian (Humungousaur's species).
- A drill arm of a Talpaedan (Armodrillo's species).
- And finally, the creepiest thing between his throphies is something that I recognize from "Ultimate Alien". It is... ULTIMATE HUMUNGOUSAUR'S HELMET!!!!

Guys, this is bad. Does this mean that Khyber hunted and killed the Sentinel Ultimate Forms? Honestly, I hope not; and that the presence of Ultimate Humungousaur's helmet in Khyber's ship was just a error/incorrect element of the background's designers.

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote:Guys, I just have a creepy suspiction about Khyber. You see, I recently watch more closely the scene from "The More Things Change" showing his spaceship, with all his previous "thropies". And I just realized something horrible about some of them. You see, between the thropies, I recognize these things:

- A skeleton of an Appoplexian (Rath's species).
- The empty shell of a Geochelone Aerio (Terraspin's species). Makes you wonder why Khyber would hunt this species, when they are pacifists and not extremely powerful, like Galapagus. They don't seem a big "challenge" for a "great huntsman".
- The head of a "Crabdozer" (Heatblast's predator). I guess Khyber added its DNA to the Nemetrix's list after hunting and killing it.
- On the floor, you can see the skin/coat of a Vulpimancer (Wildmutt's species) as a rug. You know, like humans do with bears, tigers... etc.
- The skull of a Vaxasaurian (Humungousaur's species).
- A drill arm of a Talpaedan (Armodrillo's species).
- And finally, the creepiest thing between his throphies is something that I recognize from "Ultimate Alien". It is... ULTIMATE HUMUNGOUSAUR'S HELMET!!!!

Guys, this is bad. Does this mean that Khyber hunted and killed the Sentinel Ultimate Forms? Honestly, I hope not; and that the presence of Ultimate Humungousaur's helmet in Khyber's ship was just a error/incorrect element of the background's designers.

No, the helmet is supposed to be there.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Yeah, Derrick confirmed that was from "an" Evolved Vaxasaurian. And since there's only one of those....yeah. Sentient Ult. Humungousaur is probably dead.

But! You just reminded me:

We haven't emphasized how much of a badass Khyber really is.
He killed a Crabdozer.
As in, he killed a giant rock spiderrhino on PYROS.

Dude is a beast.

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:Yeah, Derrick confirmed that was from "an" Evolved Vaxasaurian. And since there's only one of those....yeah. Sentient Ult. Humungousaur is probably dead.

But! You just reminded me:

We haven't emphasized how much of a badass Khyber really is.
He killed a Crabdozer.
As in, he killed a giant rock spiderrhino on PYROS.

Dude is a beast.

Where did Derrick confirmed that?

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
In his formspring.
I asked him the question, but before I had an account so... maybe around June? I'm definitely not going digging for it, but he did confirm it.

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Guys, I have been thinking about somethings that it could calm my nerves about my previous theory, about the fact of Ultimate Humungousaur's helmet appearing in his ship as one of Khyber's throphies.

As we have been told, the Nemetrix, the device used by Khyber's pet to transform itself into different alien predators, was created by an evil genius Cerebrocrustacean named Dr. Psychobos. This character still has to debut in the series, but he have already seen an official artwork of him. It's funny, you know? Because being an Omnitrix-type device, I suspected its creator could be Albedo. According to information revealed by Derrick J. Wyatt, Dr. Psychobos considers himself and Azmuth to be rivals, but Azmuth doesn't care. He also said that Azmuth is not aware of the existence of the Nemetrix; and also that Khyber has had the Nemetrix for over five years. (Only one year less that Ben has had the Omnitrix). Well, considering this rivality, I think it's obvious that Psychobos have been spying Azmuth and he has possibly stolen some of his invention's designs and other technologies. Reason?, because as his "rival", he want to prove that he can create something 10 times better that anything Azmuth can. That's probably the way Psychobos created the Nemetrix, modifying some planes or data that he stole from the Omnitrix's designs.

That makes me think, if Psychobos could stole the Omnitrix's designs to create his own version (the Nemetrix), who says he didn't do the same with the Ultimatrix? I'm pretty sure that this Dr Psychobos would find the Ultimatrix's evolutionary function very "fastinating", even although it was actually Albedo who created it instead of Azmuth. Anyway, if Psychobos could also steal and copy the evolutionary function of the Ultimatrix, maybe he has a device able to do the same thing. He could have first tested his device with a Vaxasaurian, successfully turning him into a copy of "Ultimate Humungousaur". Then Khyber, fascinated with the new creature, decided to hunt it and turn it into one of his throphies. That would be the reason because Ultimate Humungousaur's helmet was in Khyber's ship. I mean, you said Derrick confirmed that was from "an" Evolved Vaxasaurian; but what's the point of saying "an" when there's only one individual as far as we know? Unless, of course, that means there are actually more that one individual; and we simply didn't know yet.

You can think my theory is improbable, but the truth is that is not impossible. Think about it. We don't know what exactly happened with the Sentinel Ultimate Forms after Azmuth took them with him. However, I have a theory that Azmuth took them to live in peace on Primus, where they will be its protectors to defend the planet for any possible invaders, like Vilgax did in "Alien Force". In anyway, the point is that Azmuth would keep an eye on the Ultimates wherever they were, so he would know if they go rogue or something. In "Troble Helix", we saw how Khyber like to be in the shadows, meaning that he doesn't want to draw attention to himself. If he had attached and killed Sentinel Ultimate Humungousaur, I guess Azmuth would have discovered him; therefore he wouldn't be able to act as he pleased anymore. Besides, apart form the Sentinel Ultimate Humungousaur, I think someone like Khyber could find another "worthy prey/trophy" in the Sentinel Ultimate Spidermonkey; and I haven't seen anything in Khyber's ship that could seem a part of Ultimate Spidermonkey's body. Finally, I guess that the other Sentinel Ultimate Forms would have try to avenge their leader (Ultimate Humungousaur) in case Khyber had killed him.

Well, what do you think? I'm pretty sure my theory is right, which still allows the possibility for the return of the Sentinel Ultimate Forms.

Uncle Grandpa

Magister
Magister
Your theory seemed pretty unlikely until the last paragraph. After reading that, I'm convinced that you're right. That does seem like something Azmuth would want to keep an eye on.

48 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 23rd October 2012, 10:24 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
It's possible I suppose, but a)Primus doesn't exist, and b)you're thinking too hard

49 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 23rd October 2012, 11:04 pm

Ursalink

Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:It's possible I suppose, but a)Primus doesn't exist, and b)you're thinking too hard

What do you mean Primus doesn't exist? Have you forgotten all the episodes where the planet appeared?

50 Re: Opinions and suspictions (*Possible Spoilers*) on 23rd October 2012, 11:13 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

Magister
Magister
Yes
Also no.

It has been erased from continuity.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum