Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 30th October 2012, 11:18 pm

Ursalink


Plumber
Plumber
If the episode has been aired already, can somebody please info about the story, please? I also want to see pictures of Articguana.

52 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 31st October 2012, 7:45 am

hafje


Human
Human

53 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 3rd November 2012, 1:31 pm

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
Too many short transformations (they wasted XLR8. And Gravattack). And Ester and Ben were just awkward. Rook made the episode. "Today, we are going to learn an Earth game called tag!"


_________________
http://shrek.com

54 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 3rd November 2012, 1:53 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
I liked everything, but yeah, Rook('s face) was the highlight.

"Now, who wants to learn the electric slide?"

"Tell her, before I have to poop this party."

edit: It's worth noting that as of this episode Omniverse has used 30 different aliens--34 forms total. That's only 2 less (6 forms) less than all of Ultimate Alien.

And we're only 8 episodes in

55 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 3rd November 2012, 7:07 pm

ZeroRecoil

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
http://dubbed-scene.com/node/12740

Best version I could find today.
Enjoy.

56 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 2:55 am

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Favourite episode of Omniverse so far! Loved those stretchy alien guys and Ester. I like that they're putting alot of effort into Ben using his aliens, but it is starting to seem like every element of the plot is just an excuse for Ben to transform into a different alien to ultimately make merchandise out of them... but hey, I don't mind that coz I love the toys Very Happy

Rook was cool too and I also loved that we didn't go into that lame Undertown (or whatever it's called) this episode. That concept has not worked out well in Omniverse IMO.

Oh yeah, why are aliens just walking about in daylight? I don't understand how the sudden acceptance of aliens amongst humans could happen just like that... then again, this show is being made for a younger audience than UAF was aimed at, I guess I shouldn't expect things like this to even have a reason Rolling Eyes

57 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 3:14 am

PrimordialBorscht

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lukey wrote:Favourite episode of Omniverse so far! Loved those stretchy alien guys and Ester. I like that they're putting alot of effort into Ben using his aliens, but it is starting to seem like every element of the plot is just an excuse for Ben to transform into a different alien to ultimately make merchandise out of them... but hey, I don't mind that coz I love the toys Very Happy

Rook was cool too and I also loved that we didn't go into that lame Undertown (or whatever it's called) this episode. That concept has not worked out well in Omniverse IMO.

Oh yeah, why are aliens just walking about in daylight? I don't understand how the sudden acceptance of aliens amongst humans could happen just like that... then again, this show is being made for a younger audience than UAF was aimed at, I guess I shouldn't expect things like this to even have a reason Rolling Eyes

Aliens became known to the general public since Ben's identity was revealed shortly before the start of Ultimate Alien. Earth has officially been an open system for five years or so (according to Derrick). I don't know if the public knows about the Plumbers, but they should reveal themselves to Earth when it reaches level 3 or the emotional equivalent (according to Dwayne).

58 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 3:25 am

ultraalien


Plumber
Plumber
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
Lukey wrote:Favourite episode of Omniverse so far! Loved those stretchy alien guys and Ester. I like that they're putting alot of effort into Ben using his aliens, but it is starting to seem like every element of the plot is just an excuse for Ben to transform into a different alien to ultimately make merchandise out of them... but hey, I don't mind that coz I love the toys Very Happy

Rook was cool too and I also loved that we didn't go into that lame Undertown (or whatever it's called) this episode. That concept has not worked out well in Omniverse IMO.

Oh yeah, why are aliens just walking about in daylight? I don't understand how the sudden acceptance of aliens amongst humans could happen just like that... then again, this show is being made for a younger audience than UAF was aimed at, I guess I shouldn't expect things like this to even have a reason Rolling Eyes

Aliens became known to the general public since Ben's identity was revealed shortly before the start of Ultimate Alien. Earth has officially been an open system for five years or so (according to Derrick). I don't know if the public knows about the Plumbers, but they should reveal themselves to Earth when it reaches level 3 or the emotional equivalent (according to Dwayne).

I would not be surprised the plumbers would reveal themselves to the general public later in the series.

59 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 3:32 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister

A series about transforming into aliens is entirely about merchandise????

Well

now I have heard everything.

60 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 4:04 am

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
A series about transforming into aliens is entirely about merchandise????

Well

now I have heard everything.

Of course not at conception, but come on, you're surely not unaware of the massive empire Ben 10 has created off of it's merchandise sales?

We know Bandai works with the Ben 10 team, the crew and them have said it themselves. From, the plumber roleplay toys to the hoverboard, alot of the stuff we see on Ben 10 is put there to make money in eventual merchandise. Dwayne and Derrick have even admitted this. The aliens are the big KER-CHING factor of Ben 10, including a load in every episode allows more of them to be exposed to more kids, which equals more children wanting more toys/books/whatever featuring all their favourite aliens. I could go on and on about this topic, but I hope I've explained my point with what I've written so far.

61 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 4:06 am

Lukey

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
Aliens became known to the general public since Ben's identity was revealed shortly before the start of Ultimate Alien. Earth has officially been an open system for five years or so (according to Derrick). I don't know if the public knows about the Plumbers, but they should reveal themselves to Earth when it reaches level 3 or the emotional equivalent (according to Dwayne).

I knew aliens become known to the public, I just didn't expect them to casually be playing around on the streets and whatnot. But eh, it's fine.

62 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 4:43 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:
A series about transforming into aliens is entirely about merchandise????

Well

now I have heard everything.

Of course not at conception, but come on, you're surely not unaware of the massive empire Ben 10 has created off of it's merchandise sales?

We know Bandai works with the Ben 10 team, the crew and them have said it themselves. From, the plumber roleplay toys to the hoverboard, alot of the stuff we see on Ben 10 is put there to make money in eventual merchandise. Dwayne and Derrick have even admitted this. The aliens are the big KER-CHING factor of Ben 10, including a load in every episode allows more of them to be exposed to more kids, which equals more children wanting more toys/books/whatever featuring all their favourite aliens. I could go on and on about this topic, but I hope I've explained my point with what I've written so far.


Yeah except nope.
Not nearly all of the aliens used in OV or any series really, gets merc. It's true that Bandai works with the teams on the stuff--but that doesn't mean that the show specifically manipulates the show to show off the eventual products.

I mean come on.

Ult. Wildmutt had literally two appearances in UA. The entire "plot is just to sell toys" thing has never applied before and it certainly doesn't apply now.

63 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 5:05 am

Zero Degrees

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:
Of course not at conception, but come on, you're surely not unaware of the massive empire Ben 10 has created off of it's merchandise sales?

We know Bandai works with the Ben 10 team, the crew and them have said it themselves. From, the plumber roleplay toys to the hoverboard, alot of the stuff we see on Ben 10 is put there to make money in eventual merchandise. Dwayne and Derrick have even admitted this. The aliens are the big KER-CHING factor of Ben 10, including a load in every episode allows more of them to be exposed to more kids, which equals more children wanting more toys/books/whatever featuring all their favourite aliens. I could go on and on about this topic, but I hope I've explained my point with what I've written so far.

I personally think they ARE trying to sell lots of toys...but you're making it sound like an evil corporation.

I think the team behind OV are serious and honest about what they're doing with the show and they're putting it first, I don't think they're driven by selling merchandise but they know it wouldn't hurt to sell a few toys either.
And based on what I know, it doesn't sound like Bandai's doing any harm to OV.

Just my opinion.



Last edited by Zero Degrees on 4th November 2012, 5:26 am; edited 2 times in total

64 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 5:06 am

Zero Degrees

avatar
Magister
Magister
Lukey wrote:
PrimordialBorscht wrote:
Aliens became known to the general public since Ben's identity was revealed shortly before the start of Ultimate Alien. Earth has officially been an open system for five years or so (according to Derrick). I don't know if the public knows about the Plumbers, but they should reveal themselves to Earth when it reaches level 3 or the emotional equivalent (according to Dwayne).

I knew aliens become known to the public, I just didn't expect them to casually be playing around on the streets and whatnot. But eh, it's fine.
I feel exactly the same. It felt like it happened overnight.

65 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 5:19 am

PrimordialBorscht

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
The only time I have felt that Bandai has had any influence over the show itself is Kevin's "Plumber Rifle" during the Ultimate Enemy.
Besides that, Ben 10 has always been a show first, and a toy line second. Bandai follows what the show-runners say, not the other way around. It continues to be this way in OV.

66 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 8:26 pm

GagaFan

avatar
Human
Human
this episode had it all. love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like a Star @ heaven
love conquers everything! ben and ester forever I love you I love you I love you tongue

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the omnitrix - its gone into overload - here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

really great, anyone else justlove

67 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 8:41 pm

Ursalink


Plumber
Plumber
OK, now I'm really angry. This all stuff of Ben and Ester... AND WHEN THE SHELL THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE JULIE APPEAR IN THE NEW SERIES?!!!!

By the way, I expected a little more surprise from Ben when he transformed into Articguana. Something like "I started to think that I would never unlock this guy".

68 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 8:48 pm

GagaFan

avatar
Human
Human
Ursalink wrote:OK, now I'm really angry. This all stuff of Ben and Ester... AND WHEN THE SHELL THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE JULIE APPEAR IN THE NEW SERIES?!!!!

By the way, I expected a little more surprise from Ben when he transformed into Articguana. Something like "I started to think that I would never unlock this guy".

Thanks. will help son

69 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 4th November 2012, 9:03 pm

Uncle Grandpa

avatar
Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote:OK, now I'm really angry. This all stuff of Ben and Ester... AND WHEN THE SHELL THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE JULIE APPEAR IN THE NEW SERIES?!!!!

By the way, I expected a little more surprise from Ben when he transformed into Articguana. Something like "I started to think that I would never unlock this guy".

Except there's an 11 year old Articguana. He was unlocked years ago.


_________________
http://shrek.com

70 Re: HOT STRETCH SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 5th November 2012, 3:53 pm

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
OprahWinfrey62 wrote:
Ursalink wrote:OK, now I'm really angry. This all stuff of Ben and Ester... AND WHEN THE SHELL THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE JULIE APPEAR IN THE NEW SERIES?!!!!

By the way, I expected a little more surprise from Ben when he transformed into Articguana. Something like "I started to think that I would never unlock this guy".

Except there's an 11 year old Articguana. He was unlocked years ago.
Indeed so expect him in the flashback to be more suprised'
if he appears in such

but with the episode I liked it
i liked the debuts and desgins for Articguana, Eatle, NRG without his suit, XLR8
Ester was cute
seeing more Kinecelerans has meant that Omniverse has debuted the most Kinecelrans off the Omnitrix Prototype/Ultimatrix/Omnitrix in the entire franchise
and seeing as they were playing in the streets and in plain sight of a human couple Earth becoming an open system and even seeing it as an open system is pretty epic
you got a feel of it in Have I Got A Deal For You with Pax int he middle of the street, running, some of the Plumbers arresting Solid Plugg and HOkestarr running around
in Hot Stretch you get it more with the officer seeing ROok and talking casually with him as well as the Kinecelerans


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum