Ben 10 Forums

In memory of Dwayne McDuffie.


You are not connected. Please login or register

MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd December 2012, 7:31 am

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
How are those nitpicks.

52 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd December 2012, 7:37 am

datdude

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
Well we get to see Kevin and Gwen again that's good.

Gwen's lightened up a bit and not playing team mom or maybe because shes not playing team mom maybe.

The episode over all was lacking any depth, like pretty much anything in omniverse. Between this the literal loonytoons references (KYBER SEASON! WRATH SEASON!) I think I'm going to take this series from ben 10 and see if we get more in line with uaf in two years or so when I'm sure we will be getting another series.

In the words of a great robot

Until that day, until all are one . . .

53 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd December 2012, 4:32 pm

Ursalink


Plumber
Plumber
Since the episode has officially aired, I want to share some things:

+ I think college doesn't suit well for Gwen. I mean, that change from "lovely Gwen" to "nerdy Gwen". And that new behavior, seeing "to crush all Kevin's bones" as something "sweet". Makes me wonder if going to college gives you more bad stuff than good stuff.
+ Gwen's new Anodite form is a good compensation of all her new bad stuff. It combines her Anodite form with her Lucky Girl's costume. It's like having more power, but staying in control. Just I think long hair will suit better with that form.
+ Honestly, either Gwen or Ben (or maybe both at the same time) should have extremly beaten Kevin before the episode ended. Gwen because of such "treason" to their relationship, and Ben because of tricking him to defeat Looma, engaging himself with her.
+ One more thing, how could Ben be so stupid to not use Fourarms from the beginning? I mean, instead of trying something different, he should have tried to beat "fire with fire" in the first place.
+ At the beginning of the episode, the girl rescued by Rath said "I like the brain crab better". I think it's obvious she's talking about Brainstorm, which I would like to see in Omniverse already. We have already saw his new Omniverse's design, but still not in action.
+ One more thing, instead of using XLR8 or Rath, don't you think that Water Hazard would have been a better choice for that rescue? I mean, being able to shoot water from his hands, he could be the perfect "fireman", don't you think?
+ By the way, have you noticed that this episode proves Rath's feline nature again? It was when the little girl called him "kitty". And in the episode "Gone Fishin", his fear to water is another sign of feline nature. He may be an alien, but it's clearly and comically designed after a tiger/cat.
+ One last thing, at the first scene in Undertown, there's a short moment when we see an alien from the same species of "Pesky Dust". And curiously, there's a whale-like-alien that has something in his forehead similar to the Omnitrix. A possible spoiler for another new alien?

Well, opinions?

54 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd December 2012, 5:16 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote:Since the episode has officially aired, I want to share some things:

+ I think college doesn't suit well for Gwen. I mean, that change from "lovely Gwen" to "nerdy Gwen". And that new behavior, seeing "to crush all Kevin's bones" as something "sweet". Makes me wonder if going to college gives you more bad stuff than good stuff.

It wasn't the threat that she found "sweet," it was the sentiment.

+ Honestly, either Gwen or Ben (or maybe both at the same time) should have extremly beaten Kevin before the episode ended. Gwen because of such "treason" to their relationship, and Ben because of tricking him to defeat Looma, engaging himself with her.

Nah. His relationship with Gwen happened after Looma and him got engaged. It wasn't a big deal.

+ One more thing, how could Ben be so stupid to not use Fourarms from the beginning? I mean, instead of trying something different, he should have tried to beat "fire with fire" in the first place.
..Why do you think he didn't?


+ One more thing, instead of using XLR8 or Rath, don't you think that Water Hazard would have been a better choice for that rescue? I mean, being able to shoot water from his hands, he could be the perfect "fireman", don't you think?
Sure.
If he was trying to put out the fire.
Which he wasn't.
He was trying to rescue the girl.
It's usually good form to have all civilians out of the burning building before trying to put the fire out.
Because that takes a while.


+ One last thing, at the first scene in Undertown, there's a short moment when we see an alien from the same species of "Pesky Dust". And curiously, there's a whale-like-alien that has something in his forehead similar to the Omnitrix. A possible spoiler for another new alien?

Where you been kid? That Dusty has been around since episode one, and even cheered on Rook and Ben's fight in episode 9. The whale guy has been here since episode 2. He got a speaking role in episode 5. I don't think he'll be a new alien, but stranger things have happened.

I'd prefer the shark dude, myself.

55 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd December 2012, 5:33 pm

Ursalink


Plumber
Plumber
About Water Hazard, he could put out the fire while he was accessing the building, you know? I mean, why taking risks for burning yourself when you can quit the fire while you advance? That solves two problems with one hit. Once the girl was out, he could help the firemen to put the fire out completely. Saving the girl, puting out part of the fire and possibly saving the building at the same time.

About the whale alien, when esactly did he talk?

And which is that shark dude you are talking about?

56 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd December 2012, 6:14 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
He said "I'll buy two," of Hokestar's elixir.

There's a brownish shark alien who goes around Undertown. He was in episode 5 as well. He looks really cool.



Last edited by Lodestar's Advocate on 2nd December 2012, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

57 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd December 2012, 6:19 pm

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
Ursalink wrote:Since the episode has officially aired, I want to share some things:

+ I think college doesn't suit well for Gwen. I mean, that change from "lovely Gwen" to "nerdy Gwen". And that new behavior, seeing "to crush all Kevin's bones" as something "sweet". Makes me wonder if going to college gives you more bad stuff than good stuff.

+ Honestly, either Gwen or Ben (or maybe both at the same time) should have extremly beaten Kevin before the episode ended. Gwen because of such "treason" to their relationship, and Ben because of tricking him to defeat Looma, engaging himself with her.
Gwen should've beaten him up just because he was acting like a scumbag flea market dealer for handing off his problems too Ben, Kevin doesn't even resemble the Brother who cares about Ben from Perplexhedron or Ultimate Sacrifice.

Honestly while I like Gwen and Kevin's relationship,let's face it OV makes them all characters look like bad guys.



Last edited by mace23 on 2nd December 2012, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

58 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd December 2012, 6:26 pm

Tsuchimikado Motoharu

avatar
Magister
Magister
I still don't get why people are so worked up against Kevin.

He has explicitly said, as of episode 5 of AF, that he has done things he regrets, and now we know one of those things.

Gwen doesn't care, because this entire episode is his punishment. He doesn't need to get beat up by Gwen or Ben, since Looma already did that. Looma chasing him is his problem.

And they don't really care afterwards, because it is a ridiculous situation that has practically no repercussions. Gwen and Ben know they can deal with an engagement that won't even come to fruition until three years from now. It practically doesn't even qualify as a problem.

It is not a big deal.

59 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 2nd December 2012, 6:32 pm

mace23


Plumber
Plumber
Lodestar's Advocate wrote:I still don't get why people are so worked up against Kevin.

He has explicitly said, as of episode 5 of AF, that he has done things he regrets, and now we know one of those things.

Gwen doesn't care, because this entire episode is his punishment. He doesn't need to get beat up by Gwen or Ben, since Looma already did that. Looma chasing him is his problem.

And they don't really care afterwards, because it is a ridiculous situation that has practically no repercussions. Gwen and Ben know they can deal with an engagement that won't even come to fruition until three years from now. It practically doesn't even qualify as a problem.

It is not a big deal.




Except Episode 4 shows he regrets what he's done and bridges the sense of trust he will have with the team.

Kevin was unwilling too give back the tetramands the power source from his car too save his own skin and everyone elses.
Again that he hands off his problems too Ben,while he gets off scot free, how is that punishment???, you might as well turn him into Argit.

60 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 6th December 2012, 2:39 am

painlee

avatar
Magister
Magister
Ursalink wrote: in action.
+ One more thing, instead of using XLR8 or Rath, don't you think that Water Hazard would have been a better choice for that rescue? I mean, being able to shoot water from his hands, he could be the perfect "fireman", don't you think?
he was going to use XLR8 to flick thought the flame whit his super speed.

61 Re: MANY HAPPY RETURNS SPOILERS AND TALKBACK on 10th April 2013, 6:31 am

Turbojake252

avatar
Plumber
Plumber
datdude wrote:Well we get to see Kevin and Gwen again that's good.

Gwen's lightened up a bit and not playing team mom or maybe because shes not playing team mom maybe.

The episode over all was lacking any depth, like pretty much anything in omniverse. Between this the literal loonytoons references (KYBER SEASON! WRATH SEASON!) I think I'm going to take this series from ben 10 and see if we get more in line with uaf in two years or so when I'm sure we will be getting another series.

In the words of a great robot

Until that day, until all are one . . .

lightened up is a way to say it. Doesn't feel like Gwen...


_________________
Dwayne McDuffie!!
Awesome as it gets!!!

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum